• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:06
CEST 20:06
KST 03:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War285.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8817 users

Day Z: Persistant world zombie survival mod - Page 229

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 227 228 229 230 231 352 Next
We have a Dayz channel on the TL Teamspeak Server. Come play with us!
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
July 30 2012 05:46 GMT
#4561
So I join a random server since nighttime w/o nvg is atrocious and I see Pufftrees was killed. Bummer my dude :<
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
Perplex
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1693 Posts
July 30 2012 06:14 GMT
#4562
can someone link me to an up to date video guide? Every one I find is really old with people still starting with pistols. I really want to play DayZ more but I keep dying and feel overwhelmed because I know nothing. It seems like there are so many items and control options and I just need a place to start

Thanks TL
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/24238059
Danglars
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States12133 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-30 06:22:04
July 30 2012 06:18 GMT
#4563
P.S. No compass fucking blows.

I didn't get it till my 5th time playing the game and came from looking at the DayZ maps and comparing the orientation of the buildings and their situation compared to town, trees, hills, and clearings to get my bearings. Let me tell you, the invaluable fact that you spawn knowing the nearest city felt like almost a hack compared to the dearth of information given to the player about his whereabouts and heading. From moment of spawn, you do not possess weapons, you have no map and compass, and possess only rudimentary medical supplies. That is the beauty of it.

The fun for me was navigating with help of the online map & keybinds on second monitor. If you're a hiker out there, reading topo maps is invaluable for locating the deer huts in the game without map and compass, or the (I'm told) easymode gps map and compass. I found the map and comparisons much easier than using a watch or shadows to find the cardinal directions.

As a side note, ArmA owes a great debt to the streamers of this game that help it spread like wildfire. Just seeing JP McDaniel get accidentally killed by friends within his own party (A party the included Destiny) got me hooked. I had to follow his exploits and timely revenge while I laddered for the rest of the night. Even seeing many of them totally miss zombies with their pistols at medium ranges was a selling point. The weapons do not possess infinite accuracy, and you're not gifted with extreme scoping rifles that give close to it in every bathroom stall and chicken coop. So you can actually enjoy knowing that you might not be able to kill all the zombies closing in on you and they will smack you around a bit unless you take off running. Truly an engrossing game.

can someone link me to an up to date video guide? Every one I find is really old with people still starting with pistols. I really want to play DayZ more but I keep dying and feel overwhelmed because I know nothing. It seems like there are so many items and control options and I just need a place to start

DayZ wiki has movies on articles such as the complete steps to gathering meat from animals and cooking it to restore blood on eating as well as negotiating the intially cumbersome inventory screen.

I'm down with both, so the help pages found on links on the TL thread and on DayZ Reddit were much more helpful. Having the keybinds and topo map open on second screen (Alternative would be printing them out) was more useful to me than any video I'd seen. Running it in windowed mode for rapid tabbing has also been a help since I'm still discovering common things like what to do with broken bones, how to know if you're in pain, and if that rifle over there makes a louder report than the one I'm currently using.
Great armies come from happy zealots, and happy zealots come from California!
TL+ Member
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-30 06:31:05
July 30 2012 06:28 GMT
#4564
On July 30 2012 15:18 Danglars wrote:
Show nested quote +
P.S. No compass fucking blows.

I didn't get it till my 5th time playing the game and came from looking at the DayZ maps and comparing the orientation of the buildings and their situation compared to town, trees, hills, and clearings to get my bearings. Let me tell you, the invaluable fact that you spawn knowing the nearest city felt like almost a hack compared to the dearth of information given to the player about his whereabouts and heading. From moment of spawn, you do not possess weapons, you have no map and compass, and possess only rudimentary medical supplies. That is the beauty of it.

The fun for me was navigating with help of the online map & keybinds on second monitor. If you're a hiker out there, reading topo maps is invaluable for locating the deer huts in the game without map and compass, or the (I'm told) easymode gps map and compass. I found the map and comparisons much easier than using a watch or shadows to find the cardinal directions.

As a side note, ArmA owes a great debt to the streamers of this game that help it spread like wildfire. Just seeing JP McDaniel get accidentally killed by friends within his own party (A party the included Destiny) got me hooked. I had to follow his exploits and timely revenge while I laddered for the rest of the night. Even seeing many of them totally miss zombies with their pistols at medium ranges was a selling point. The weapons do not possess infinite accuracy, and you're not gifted with extreme scoping rifles that give close to it in every bathroom stall and chicken coop. So you can actually enjoy knowing that you might not be able to kill all the zombies closing in on you and they will smack you around a bit unless you take off running. Truly an engrossing game.

Show nested quote +
can someone link me to an up to date video guide? Every one I find is really old with people still starting with pistols. I really want to play DayZ more but I keep dying and feel overwhelmed because I know nothing. It seems like there are so many items and control options and I just need a place to start

DayZ wiki has movies on articles such as the complete steps to gathering meat from animals and cooking it to restore blood on eating as well as negotiating the intially cumbersome inventory screen.

I'm down with both, so the help pages found on links on the TL thread and on DayZ Reddit were much more helpful. Having the keybinds and topo map open on second screen (Alternative would be printing them out) was more useful to me than any video I'd seen. Running it in windowed mode for rapid tabbing has also been a help since I'm still discovering common things like what to do with broken bones, how to know if you're in pain, and if that rifle over there makes a louder report than the one I'm currently using.


No I'm totally down with all the difficulty, I just felt like venting since it's unbelievably more difficult to navigate prior to finding a compass. I just feel crippled since my first real character got one very early due to tofu helping me out. My last guy had a compass no map, this guy has map no compass lol.

Edit: Thanks for the dayz wiki link, though. Hot damn I didn't think there was much more to learn after reading just about every link on the front page of the TL thread lol.
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
Cloud
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Sexico5880 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-30 06:32:45
July 30 2012 06:31 GMT
#4565
Damn it! Death by answering people on steam, followed by getting baited by some trees who had a corpse between them. I crawl to it and get instantly killed by those spawns of pure evil.

Also, balota, stary and the airfield are completely inaccessible to me because of the damn graphics glitches. Has anyone found out how to fix them?
BlueLaguna on West, msg for game.
TheEmulator
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
28103 Posts
July 30 2012 06:35 GMT
#4566
On July 30 2012 15:31 Cloud wrote:
Damn it! Death by answering people on steam, followed by getting baited by some trees who had a corpse between them. I crawl to it and get instantly killed by those spawns of pure evil.

Also, balota, stary and the airfield are completely inaccessible to me because of the damn graphics glitches. Has anyone found out how to fix them?

I know that going to advanced settings and turning of ATOC works for some people, but for me turning off ATOC and putting texture quality on low works best.

Also I noticed that if I am getting artifacts I just switch texture back to normal and then back to low. This can fix it sometimes.
Administrator
OptimusYale
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Korea (South)1005 Posts
July 30 2012 06:50 GMT
#4567
[image loading]

The impossible has happened people....Madagascar has been infected.......My mind is completely fucking blown
TheDraken
Profile Joined July 2011
United States640 Posts
July 30 2012 08:28 GMT
#4568
On July 30 2012 15:50 OptimusYale wrote:
[image loading]

The impossible has happened people....Madagascar has been infected.......My mind is completely fucking blown


wtf. IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE OUR LAST HAVEN.
fast food. y u no make me fast? <( ಠ益ಠ <)
TheDraken
Profile Joined July 2011
United States640 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-30 08:35:17
July 30 2012 08:34 GMT
#4569
On July 30 2012 15:18 Danglars wrote:
Show nested quote +
P.S. No compass fucking blows.

I didn't get it till my 5th time playing the game and came from looking at the DayZ maps and comparing the orientation of the buildings and their situation compared to town, trees, hills, and clearings to get my bearings. Let me tell you, the invaluable fact that you spawn knowing the nearest city felt like almost a hack compared to the dearth of information given to the player about his whereabouts and heading. From moment of spawn, you do not possess weapons, you have no map and compass, and possess only rudimentary medical supplies. That is the beauty of it.

The fun for me was navigating with help of the online map & keybinds on second monitor. If you're a hiker out there, reading topo maps is invaluable for locating the deer huts in the game without map and compass, or the (I'm told) easymode gps map and compass. I found the map and comparisons much easier than using a watch or shadows to find the cardinal directions.



honestly i rarely even use compasses anymore. once you've learned how to interpret topology on the in-game map or even a googled map, you'll find it's all you need to do.

it makes me love how this game rewards skills outside the game as opposed to "uber sick level ups" like all other FPS games.
fast food. y u no make me fast? <( ಠ益ಠ <)
Shootemup.
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States1044 Posts
July 30 2012 09:01 GMT
#4570
Holy cow the helicopter takes a ton of gas to fill up.
"Dirty Timber Picker" Mity Teem Larquad. "I am a baddie and tango is a smartiepants." -KwarK "When you said you didn't play Invoker I thought you were just being modest"
Shelke14
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada6655 Posts
July 30 2012 09:13 GMT
#4571
On July 30 2012 14:20 Shelke14 wrote:
FUCK! Just broke my leg and need someone to run me a auto injector!! I would be forever in your debt!! I'm near eleckro if anyone wants to message me... Dammit, I don't want this one to die!


Seriously, I'll just quote this once! somebody! I'll do anythinggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
oGxKiLLeRz
Profile Joined April 2011
United States50 Posts
July 30 2012 09:14 GMT
#4572
i never want to fill up a helicopter again
Benjef
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United Kingdom6921 Posts
July 30 2012 09:17 GMT
#4573
On July 30 2012 18:13 Shelke14 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2012 14:20 Shelke14 wrote:
FUCK! Just broke my leg and need someone to run me a auto injector!! I would be forever in your debt!! I'm near eleckro if anyone wants to message me... Dammit, I don't want this one to die!


Seriously, I'll just quote this once! somebody! I'll do anythinggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Try reddit rescure force.
<3 | Dota 2 | DayZ | <3
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
July 30 2012 09:17 GMT
#4574
On July 30 2012 14:40 zZygote wrote:
I decide to go to Zug castle and

Where's Zug castle? Is it a hotspot or relatively safe?
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
Shelke14
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada6655 Posts
July 30 2012 09:21 GMT
#4575
On July 30 2012 18:17 Benjef wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2012 18:13 Shelke14 wrote:
On July 30 2012 14:20 Shelke14 wrote:
FUCK! Just broke my leg and need someone to run me a auto injector!! I would be forever in your debt!! I'm near eleckro if anyone wants to message me... Dammit, I don't want this one to die!


Seriously, I'll just quote this once! somebody! I'll do anythinggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Try reddit rescure force.


I will, I just don't trust the reddit community as much as TL lol
Tiegrr
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States607 Posts
July 30 2012 09:24 GMT
#4576
On July 30 2012 18:17 EchelonTee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2012 14:40 zZygote wrote:
I decide to go to Zug castle and

Where's Zug castle? Is it a hotspot or relatively safe?

Zub is the real name, actually. North of Cherno. Not as popular as Devil's Castle, but still has some bandits on the occasion.
Benjef
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United Kingdom6921 Posts
July 30 2012 09:33 GMT
#4577
Castle's are not worth heading for. For the stuff you find there you may as well have head to a supermarket, and all castles bar Devil's have decent towns very close by.
<3 | Dota 2 | DayZ | <3
Shootemup.
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States1044 Posts
July 30 2012 10:01 GMT
#4578
Helicopters are fucking badass. It is totally worth the time spent filling it up, you can go from Kamyshovo to NWAF in like 5 minutes.
"Dirty Timber Picker" Mity Teem Larquad. "I am a baddie and tango is a smartiepants." -KwarK "When you said you didn't play Invoker I thought you were just being modest"
TSBspartacus
Profile Joined October 2011
England1046 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-30 10:12:56
July 30 2012 10:08 GMT
#4579
On July 30 2012 14:42 oZii wrote:
Ok was just watching a stream and they went to land the helicopter on the international helicopter. He didnt land all the way on the hotel. Dude gets out with a PARACHUTE! WTF Didnt know that was in the game too. Sweet.


PS3: The white knights can't let it die. lol. Already forgotten ffswowsucks and praetorian time to move on now. Will rant again if I feel like k. Appreciate the feedback o.O

Parachute is an automatic thing when you bail out of the helicopter. Also how do you
land the helicopter on the international helicopter
?
TSBspartacus
Profile Joined October 2011
England1046 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-30 10:12:32
July 30 2012 10:12 GMT
#4580
repost sorry
Prev 1 227 228 229 230 231 352 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 54m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 521
ProTech151
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 22592
Calm 3916
Mini 334
Mind 86
910 84
Free 55
Trap 39
Aegong 28
soO 24
Noble 7
[ Show more ]
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7986
XaKoH 444
canceldota3
Counter-Strike
fl0m5340
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2927
Other Games
singsing1992
FrodaN737
Beastyqt627
B2W.Neo606
mouzStarbuck245
Livibee192
C9.Mang0142
Trikslyr140
RotterdaM112
Khaldor88
KnowMe88
QueenE70
Liquid`Hasu39
BRAT_OK 37
ZombieGrub14
MindelVK13
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Dystopia_ 15
• Adnapsc2 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 12
• FirePhoenix8
• Michael_bg 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2457
Other Games
• Shiphtur798
• imaqtpie579
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 54m
Big Brain Bouts
15h 54m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
22h 54m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 15h
Patches Events
1d 20h
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.