• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:42
CEST 05:42
KST 12:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War395.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9975 users

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Page 914

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 912 913 914 915 916 1121 Next
Ragnarork
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
France9034 Posts
April 28 2015 11:22 GMT
#18261
On April 28 2015 08:26 Miragee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2015 08:10 Capped wrote:
I find it easy to take apartments, but pushing out of balcony is a nightmare Too many angles that are hard to see and the moment you prefire u give urself away lol, any tips?


Don't do it at all? I don't see the benefit of pushing out of the balcony if you are CT and if you are T you are probably covered.

//or wait, which balcony are you talking about?


He means balcony, where T can enter A site from appartments. Well, each time I mention and I hear balcony, it's this one.
LiquipediaWanderer
NihiLStarcraft
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Denmark1413 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-28 11:36:44
April 28 2015 11:36 GMT
#18262
Yep, 100% he means the balcony at A side and not the alt-mid balcony :p And I agree, visibility into pit and graveyard is horrible and I have almost zero success jumping down there and actually surviving. I've started just pop flashing out of boiler and taking A that way. At least there you have a chance (although you kinda have to guess if there's going to be a CT arch-side or quad/porch-side).
ArtyK
Profile Joined June 2011
France3144 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-28 12:50:36
April 28 2015 11:56 GMT
#18263
On April 28 2015 10:00 Djzapz wrote:
I have a PC with a Core 2 Duo E5700 @ 3ghz without a GPU, if I slapped like a 750 ti in it, would it run CSGO at 1080p with 60 fps?


The cpu is a bit old but i see no reason you should'nt get more than 60 fps in high quality with that kind of gpu.

What's your current graphics card?
Sup dood ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ KiWiKaKi | SLush | uThermal | PtitDrogo | SortOf | Clem ~ "I told my mom she should vote for me in Nation Wars, she said 'I dunno, I kinda want Finland to win'" – Luolis ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_NScWV9h8k#t=1h01m
TL+ Member
NihiLStarcraft
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Denmark1413 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-28 12:55:05
April 28 2015 12:19 GMT
#18264
I don't know, CSGO on Source 1 engine is very CPU-bottlenecked. In general, a 750 TI is WAY WAY WAY overpowered for your fairly weak/old CPU. So I would heavily recommend not getting that GPU and I don't think it's going to help with CSGO performance all too much.

EDIT: To clarify: I think you'd benefit from a better CPU much more when it comes to CSGO.
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
April 28 2015 12:25 GMT
#18265
T side its like impossible to peek balcony on your own, its so easy to shoot from pit from various angles at CT.
WriterXiao8~~
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-28 13:48:23
April 28 2015 13:47 GMT
#18266
On April 28 2015 20:56 ArtyK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2015 10:00 Djzapz wrote:
I have a PC with a Core 2 Duo E5700 @ 3ghz without a GPU, if I slapped like a 750 ti in it, would it run CSGO at 1080p with 60 fps?


The cpu is a bit old but i see no reason you should'nt get more than 60 fps in high quality with that kind of gpu.

What's your current graphics card?

There isn't one in that PC, it's running onboard.

On April 28 2015 21:19 NihiLStarcraft wrote:
I don't know, CSGO on Source 1 engine is very CPU-bottlenecked. In general, a 750 TI is WAY WAY WAY overpowered for your fairly weak/old CPU. So I would heavily recommend not getting that GPU and I don't think it's going to help with CSGO performance all too much.

EDIT: To clarify: I think you'd benefit from a better CPU much more when it comes to CSGO.

Alright, then maybe it's not worth trying to make that PC competent for gaming. Thanks.
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
NihiLStarcraft
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Denmark1413 Posts
April 28 2015 14:08 GMT
#18267
Oh you're using an onboard GPU currently, so I think you have 2 options right now that make sense to me:

if you're low on cash, do get a GPU for your current PC but pick a cheaper one. Or, if you have some money to spend, upgrade to a better system entirely.

Just my two cents of course!
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
April 28 2015 15:07 GMT
#18268
Well I already have a gaming PC, I was just wondering if it was worth it to put a GPU on this old office PC I have laying around to make it able to run CSGO. If I can't just put a cheap GPU on it and run CSGO, I'll just dump the mini-project :p
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
Ragnarork
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
France9034 Posts
April 28 2015 15:24 GMT
#18269
On April 28 2015 21:25 Kipsate wrote:
T side its like impossible to peek balcony on your own, its so easy to shoot from pit from various angles at CT.


You actually have to prepare quite well the push. Smokes, Molotov in pit (behind the pole), flashes. Without it it's reaaaally hard yes.
LiquipediaWanderer
ArtyK
Profile Joined June 2011
France3144 Posts
April 28 2015 15:28 GMT
#18270
On April 29 2015 00:07 Djzapz wrote:
Well I already have a gaming PC, I was just wondering if it was worth it to put a GPU on this old office PC I have laying around to make it able to run CSGO. If I can't just put a cheap GPU on it and run CSGO, I'll just dump the mini-project :p


If you already have a gaming PC then why upgrade to play on another one? ^^

You'd probably be fine with an r7 260X anyway, a bit cheaper depending on the country
Sup dood ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ KiWiKaKi | SLush | uThermal | PtitDrogo | SortOf | Clem ~ "I told my mom she should vote for me in Nation Wars, she said 'I dunno, I kinda want Finland to win'" – Luolis ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_NScWV9h8k#t=1h01m
TL+ Member
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
April 28 2015 15:50 GMT
#18271
On April 29 2015 00:28 ArtyK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2015 00:07 Djzapz wrote:
Well I already have a gaming PC, I was just wondering if it was worth it to put a GPU on this old office PC I have laying around to make it able to run CSGO. If I can't just put a cheap GPU on it and run CSGO, I'll just dump the mini-project :p


If you already have a gaming PC then why upgrade to play on another one? ^^

You'd probably be fine with an r7 260X anyway, a bit cheaper depending on the country

I have my gaming PC in the living room and my office PC in my bedroom/office. Roommate sometimes has people over. I basically thought I might put a GPU in the office PC so I could play games there when I feel like being antisocial.
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
iXphobos
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany1465 Posts
April 28 2015 15:56 GMT
#18272
My smurf is ranked higher than my main now. Feels so awkward. What should i do?
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
April 28 2015 16:04 GMT
#18273
On April 29 2015 00:56 iXphobos wrote:
My smurf is ranked higher than my main now. Feels so awkward. What should i do?

Do what I did: your smurf is your main now.
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
Durp
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada3117 Posts
April 28 2015 16:19 GMT
#18274
On April 29 2015 00:24 Ragnarork wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2015 21:25 Kipsate wrote:
T side its like impossible to peek balcony on your own, its so easy to shoot from pit from various angles at CT.


You actually have to prepare quite well the push. Smokes, Molotov in pit (behind the pole), flashes. Without it it's reaaaally hard yes.

You need teamwork or far superior aim.
Maps are designed this way, for CTs to have a position of strength to hold.

A molotov behind the pillar can push the CT out to right (open side) of pit, which makes it a much easier shot. Generally speaking my team tends to molotov pit from truckside, and the balcony player peaks to hit him as he runs into the open.

Or you can learn to smoke pit from alt-mid, bypass the pit player completely taking the site, and the apts/balcony T player just holds in apts to hit the pit CT as he tries to defend the site.
SOOOOOooooOOOOooooOOOOoo Many BANELINGS!!
Durp
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada3117 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-28 16:53:18
April 28 2015 16:22 GMT
#18275
On April 29 2015 01:19 Durp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2015 00:24 Ragnarork wrote:
On April 28 2015 21:25 Kipsate wrote:
T side its like impossible to peek balcony on your own, its so easy to shoot from pit from various angles at CT.


You actually have to prepare quite well the push. Smokes, Molotov in pit (behind the pole), flashes. Without it it's reaaaally hard yes.

You need teamwork or far superior aim.
Maps are designed this way, for CTs to have a position of strength to hold.

A molotov behind the pillar can push the CT out to right (open side) of pit, which makes it a much easier shot. Generally speaking my team tends to molotov pit from truckside, and the balcony player peaks to hit him as he runs into the open.

Or you can learn to smoke pit from alt-mid, bypass the pit player completely taking the site, and the apts/balcony T player just holds in apts to hit the pit CT as he tries to defend the site.


As to how to take apartments, the way you check angles is pretty key. Don't just run out: take your time and clear them, and be ready to fire every time you peak.

Example on ESEA:

SOOOOOooooOOOOooooOOOOoo Many BANELINGS!!
ArtyK
Profile Joined June 2011
France3144 Posts
April 28 2015 16:30 GMT
#18276
On April 29 2015 00:50 Djzapz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2015 00:28 ArtyK wrote:
On April 29 2015 00:07 Djzapz wrote:
Well I already have a gaming PC, I was just wondering if it was worth it to put a GPU on this old office PC I have laying around to make it able to run CSGO. If I can't just put a cheap GPU on it and run CSGO, I'll just dump the mini-project :p


If you already have a gaming PC then why upgrade to play on another one? ^^

You'd probably be fine with an r7 260X anyway, a bit cheaper depending on the country

I have my gaming PC in the living room and my office PC in my bedroom/office. Roommate sometimes has people over. I basically thought I might put a GPU in the office PC so I could play games there when I feel like being antisocial.


I think you should just ask this in the tech support section http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/tech-support/426532-computer-build-upgrade-and-buying-resource-thread

You'll probably get an actual answer, those guys know their stuff better than in here ^^
Sup dood ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ KiWiKaKi | SLush | uThermal | PtitDrogo | SortOf | Clem ~ "I told my mom she should vote for me in Nation Wars, she said 'I dunno, I kinda want Finland to win'" – Luolis ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_NScWV9h8k#t=1h01m
TL+ Member
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
April 28 2015 17:09 GMT
#18277
On April 29 2015 01:30 ArtyK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2015 00:50 Djzapz wrote:
On April 29 2015 00:28 ArtyK wrote:
On April 29 2015 00:07 Djzapz wrote:
Well I already have a gaming PC, I was just wondering if it was worth it to put a GPU on this old office PC I have laying around to make it able to run CSGO. If I can't just put a cheap GPU on it and run CSGO, I'll just dump the mini-project :p


If you already have a gaming PC then why upgrade to play on another one? ^^

You'd probably be fine with an r7 260X anyway, a bit cheaper depending on the country

I have my gaming PC in the living room and my office PC in my bedroom/office. Roommate sometimes has people over. I basically thought I might put a GPU in the office PC so I could play games there when I feel like being antisocial.


I think you should just ask this in the tech support section http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/tech-support/426532-computer-build-upgrade-and-buying-resource-thread

You'll probably get an actual answer, those guys know their stuff better than in here ^^

Yeah probably. I thought maybe someone here would happen to have a similar setup and would be able to help out!
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
NihiLStarcraft
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Denmark1413 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-28 20:48:30
April 28 2015 20:47 GMT
#18278
Why do I always play so much better after an extended (3-4 days minimum) break? It's crazy. Played two games today and dropped 30 bombs in both, second game was against 4 MGEs (Double AKs) as well...

[image loading]

[image loading]

(Of course, Natureboy had to out-do me on both occasions as well hehe)
Souma
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
2nd Worst City in CA8938 Posts
April 28 2015 20:47 GMT
#18279
This is the best response to an echoed insult, ever.



JW rocks.
Writer
Censured
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic1061 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-28 20:51:33
April 28 2015 20:51 GMT
#18280
On April 29 2015 05:47 NihiLStarcraft wrote:
Why do I always play so much better after an extended (3-4 days minimum) break? It's crazy. Played two games today and dropped 30 bombs in both, second game was against 4 MGEs (Double AKs) as well...

[image loading]

[image loading]

(Of course, Natureboy had to out-do me on both occasions as well hehe)

Dat dust2 3k clutch spraydown tho... I am expecting a video soon
Occupation: Legend
Prev 1 912 913 914 915 916 1121 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings56
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 169
PiLiPiLi 38
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3544
ViBE146
Bale 29
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm205
Counter-Strike
taco 693
Other Games
summit1g8273
JimRising 590
WinterStarcraft466
C9.Mang0292
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1015
BasetradeTV165
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP115
• davetesta29
• practicex 22
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1101
• Shiphtur429
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
6h 18m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
8h 18m
AI Arena Tournament
13h 18m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
15h 18m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 6h
Patches Events
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.