• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:16
CEST 04:16
KST 11:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War385.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9929 users

TL Chess Match 4 - Page 25

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 140 Next
zasta
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom99 Posts
August 14 2011 08:33 GMT
#481
3.Bc4

+ Show Spoiler +
Don't want to play Ruy Lopez tbh
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
August 14 2011 10:10 GMT
#482
Checking status of the current votes and sending out reminders within the next couple of minutes/hours.
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-14 11:03:22
August 14 2011 10:40 GMT
#483
[image loading]

Bb5 - 27 - 41,54%
Bc4 - 18 - 27,69%
d4 - 14 - 21,54%
Nc3 - 3 - 4,62%
c3 - 2 - 3,08%
b4 - 1 - 1,54%


Let's get in some more votes before the deadline, peeps! Attendance is still under 60%. While 2/3 would be good, 70% would be completely great for such an event at any point in time.

Edit: I'm thinking about how to do the movelist based on the geometric distribution on the board properly. None of the solutions look really fancy or is to my liking perfectly. I'll think about it some more.

Edit 2: Neither d4 nor Bc4 are out of reach to make it, guys. Or anything really. I just doubt anything else has a realistic chance.
blubshizzle
Profile Joined October 2009
Netherlands34 Posts
August 14 2011 10:50 GMT
#484
3. d4
+ Show Spoiler +
I missed last voting round. Thats to bad but obviously i am back, since this is awesome.
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-14 10:52:44
August 14 2011 10:52 GMT
#485
Z3kk wrote:
Quick question: for this TL vs Ng5 match, is he allowed to read your rationale? I remember reading somewhere that Kasparov (I think?) read the communication of the "world team" he was playing, and later stated as much, but this made a lot of people angry. Is he allowed to read your discussion? Or is it honor system that he plays without reading your discussion?

wuBu wrote:
No, he stated that he would not read anything that's in spoilers. Although it would be kinda funny if he read our comments like Kasparov did for the world team's comments 'n stuff lol.


I was playing a correspondence game once with someone and we talked about the moves we made. It feels like ages ago, but then again it probably was. I didn't mind talking about my ideas and thoughts. In the middle of the game he asked me why I don't mind doing so? Am I not afraid of getting beaten because of it.

I still remember the question itself puzzling me back then. So what if he knows or he tells me something? I wouldn't believe any of his analysis straight off the bat either. I would research every line or move candidate sometimes for days and days. And if he thwarted one of my plans, or main ideas... So what? I will make another. It wasn't life and death and it wasn't for the world championship title either. And besides... What if I lose? I kind of doubt I would have been different had it been the WC match either. The diffrence would have been my opponent being much more stuck-up and silent about the game in general, not me treating a particular opponent differently (*).

His conclusion was that I probably enjoy each and every game to an extent he can't even imagine - and certainly far more than anyone he has ever met before.

As for you. Reading all the spoilers and regarding or disregarding all what people say. It could be more amusing than anything, but I doubt it would have real value about the game. I don't think it would make me play or treat you guys differently, nor would it make me work less. And I would do the same if I was Kasparov playing against the world. Even if Krush is giving hardcore analysis I could read up while she's not at highschool. Nah. I would pass.

(*) Yes for me; terrans - they are all the same. What a BM guy I am.
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
August 14 2011 10:54 GMT
#486
All this talk makes me want to play ICCF again. Enter the World Cup if it's anytime soon or some crap.

Maybe this time I wouldn't grow bored to play against uninspired engine play and twelve consecutive draw offers from a guy because all he sees of a position is his engine saying 0.00... And maybe I could play like I should - like an artist.
SOB_Maj_Brian
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States522 Posts
August 14 2011 10:57 GMT
#487
Bc4

But only b/c of this...
On August 12 2011 07:52 Babyfactory wrote:
3. Bc4

+ Show Spoiler +
There is a lot of potential in this move, depending on his response. If he continues to play standard (3. ... Bc5) then to avoid quiet and passive play we should follow up with 4. d4 as this will get the ball rolling to a very dynamic position after 4. ... Bxd4 5. Nxd4 Nxd4 6. 0-0 which will allow us to play 7. f4 or 7. Bg5 to begin an attack. He could also play 4 ... exd4 to which we should be delighted to have the opportunity to push e5 and transposition in to an interesting attack of the Scotch or even the ability to transpose to the Scotch Gambit with 5. c3.


I actually...+ Show Spoiler +
beg that if you do play Bc4..and he plays Bc5..please don't play c3, ALSO it is possible he plays Nf6 in response to Bc4 and then we can get an awesome game! Personally, I think Bb5 is overly-done (of course that is for a reason, b/c it is good I just don't like it), and I don't know how well you guys can play a scotch gambit.
Flameberger
Profile Joined March 2010
United States227 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-14 11:07:42
August 14 2011 11:07 GMT
#488
Nc3
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
August 14 2011 11:31 GMT
#489
A quick reference.

[image loading]
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-14 11:48:55
August 14 2011 11:48 GMT
#490
And this is the other thing that I've come up with. I hope you guys will enjoy it - I couldn't get anything more out of it!

[image loading]
nordlyset
Profile Joined July 2011
Norway38 Posts
August 14 2011 12:37 GMT
#491
3.Bb5
+ Show Spoiler +
Ruy lopez opening
sleepingdog
Profile Joined August 2008
Austria6145 Posts
August 14 2011 12:47 GMT
#492
3. Bc4
+ Show Spoiler +
don't like ruy lopez
"You see....YOU SEE..." © 2010 Sen
kHaza
Profile Joined March 2011
Great Britain55 Posts
August 14 2011 13:17 GMT
#493
Bb5

annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
August 14 2011 13:40 GMT
#494
Bc4.
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
August 14 2011 13:43 GMT
#495
3. Bc4
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
Lewan72
Profile Joined April 2011
United States381 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-14 13:53:57
August 14 2011 13:53 GMT
#496
b5 This leads into the Ruy Lopez opening, a very solid opening that has a 45% win rate in tournaments.
MC / Hero / MMA / Bomber / Coca / Suppy
ChoboCop
Profile Joined July 2004
United States954 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-14 13:56:11
August 14 2011 13:54 GMT
#497
3. Bc4

I'd prefer Nc3 though, aiming for a halloween gambit, but since Nc3 isn't going to be played I choose Bc4!

Bobby Fischer would choose Bb5 and declare that not even god could beat him.
Critical thinking is the intellectually disciplined process of actively and skillfully conceptualizing, applying, analyzing, synthesizing, and/or evaluating information gathered.
harhar!
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany190 Posts
August 14 2011 14:01 GMT
#498
d4. lopez is anoying.
Diderick
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands298 Posts
August 14 2011 14:18 GMT
#499
3. bc4.

Never liked ruy lopez
hypercube
Profile Joined April 2010
Hungary2735 Posts
August 14 2011 14:29 GMT
#500
Changing it to

Bc4

+ Show Spoiler +
My preference d4>Bc4>Bb5>>>everything else for this game
"Sending people in rockets to other planets is a waste of money better spent on sending rockets into people on this planet."
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 140 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings132
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 77
PiLiPiLi 27
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1953
Sharp 50
Bale 37
Dota 2
monkeys_forever535
NeuroSwarm202
League of Legends
Doublelift4513
Counter-Strike
taco 591
Other Games
summit1g7628
JimRising 560
C9.Mang0333
ViBE161
WinterStarcraft95
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick918
BasetradeTV178
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 115
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP89
• poizon28 34
• davetesta30
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1144
• Shiphtur0
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
7h 44m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
9h 44m
AI Arena Tournament
14h 44m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
16h 44m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Patches Events
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.