• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:44
CEST 02:44
KST 09:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War375.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Rollback Netcode in Brood War Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9578 users

TL Chess Match 4 - Page 24

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 140 Next
Dr. Von Derful
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States363 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-13 17:20:44
August 13 2011 17:18 GMT
#461
On August 14 2011 02:10 jdseemoreglass wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2011 21:08 chesshaha wrote:
3. Bb5

Since we choose to play this opening, this is the only logical move for this position.


lol...

The only logical move?

...

lol


Yeah, it's unfortunate that this is level of reasoning some people are giving for their moves (if any at all).

edit:

but, I suppose, it really doesn't matter until we get a few more moves in
EvilNalu
Profile Joined May 2010
United States91 Posts
August 13 2011 17:20 GMT
#462
3. Bc4
thehitman
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
1105 Posts
August 13 2011 17:22 GMT
#463
F1 bishop to B5
DibujEx
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Chile130 Posts
August 13 2011 17:54 GMT
#464
3.Bc4

+ Show Spoiler +
I agree that we should pressure the F pawn
;D!
carloselcoco
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States2302 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-13 18:11:19
August 13 2011 18:10 GMT
#465
3. d4

+ Show Spoiler +
Gives us pressure while at the same time control over the middle.
http://www.twitch.tv/carloselcoco/b/296431601 <------Suscribe! Casts in Spanish :) |||| http://www.twitch.tv/carloselcoco/b/300285215<----- CSL: Before Sunday! Episode 3!
durza
Profile Joined August 2009
United States667 Posts
August 13 2011 18:47 GMT
#466
Bb5

+ Show Spoiler +
There are many sound moves in this position, I personally prefer this one.
hypercube
Profile Joined April 2010
Hungary2735 Posts
August 13 2011 18:57 GMT
#467
d4
"Sending people in rockets to other planets is a waste of money better spent on sending rockets into people on this planet."
TehForce
Profile Joined July 2010
1072 Posts
August 13 2011 18:59 GMT
#468
I would like to sign up. Just found this thread today

Move: d4

+ Show Spoiler +

Control the Middle
NesTea <3
PtM
Profile Joined March 2011
89 Posts
August 13 2011 19:06 GMT
#469
3. Bb5
+ Show Spoiler +
I've generally avoided the Ruy Lopez when I've played in the past since I prefer to play openings with less theory behind them, but I suppose I may as well go in this direction, especially if Ng5 intends to make a non-standard response.
ParanoiaHoT
Profile Joined August 2010
United States103 Posts
August 13 2011 21:09 GMT
#470
On August 14 2011 04:06 PtM wrote:
3. Bb5
+ Show Spoiler +
I've generally avoided the Ruy Lopez when I've played in the past since I prefer to play openings with less theory behind them, but I suppose I may as well go in this direction, especially if Ng5 intends to make a non-standard response.


+ Show Spoiler +

No disrespect at all, but if you like openings with less theory, why would you want to play one based on more theory when he IS going to do something unconventional? That could lead to major complications. I know as a whole we will have a much easier time figuring those out, but I think maybe people shouldn't be voting for Bb5 as much if they don't know the consequences. This is not an attack on you, just something I'm noticing from a lot of people saying Bb5, their spoiler reasoning doesn't make a lot of sense, yours does.
mcc
Profile Joined October 2010
Czech Republic4646 Posts
August 13 2011 21:46 GMT
#471
3. Bb5
+ Show Spoiler +
Since we unfortunately got here I prefer continuing with Spanish because I am interested what opponent plays
NoobieOne
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1183 Posts
August 13 2011 21:57 GMT
#472
On August 14 2011 06:09 ParanoiaHoT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 14 2011 04:06 PtM wrote:
3. Bb5
+ Show Spoiler +
I've generally avoided the Ruy Lopez when I've played in the past since I prefer to play openings with less theory behind them, but I suppose I may as well go in this direction, especially if Ng5 intends to make a non-standard response.


+ Show Spoiler +

No disrespect at all, but if you like openings with less theory, why would you want to play one based on more theory when he IS going to do something unconventional? That could lead to major complications. I know as a whole we will have a much easier time figuring those out, but I think maybe people shouldn't be voting for Bb5 as much if they don't know the consequences. This is not an attack on you, just something I'm noticing from a lot of people saying Bb5, their spoiler reasoning doesn't make a lot of sense, yours does.


+ Show Spoiler +
I think what he meant is that the Ruy Lopez is least forgiving to people trying to play unconventional. If the opponent tries to do something non standard they normally end up in a worse spot against people who know what they are doing with the Ruy Lopez
hype[NZ]
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Japan412 Posts
August 13 2011 22:32 GMT
#473
3.Bb5

+ Show Spoiler +
la cocaina no es buena para su salud
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
August 13 2011 22:34 GMT
#474
3.Bb5
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
Snackysnacks
Profile Joined December 2010
United States411 Posts
August 14 2011 02:19 GMT
#475
3.Bb5
+ Show Spoiler +
Forces unconventional response, though i wont get into it, we have enough spoiler discussion over it.


Sorry i missed the first week, glad to be back
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Gloomzy
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia42 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-14 04:02:29
August 14 2011 04:00 GMT
#476
3. d4

+ Show Spoiler +
DO we really want to go into the Ruy Lopez? I just find it really boring to play because of the sheer amount of theory behind it.
keyStorm
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada316 Posts
August 14 2011 04:53 GMT
#477
looks like it's gonna be Bb5 >.>

nuuuuuuuuuuuu!
BaronFel
Profile Joined July 2009
United States155 Posts
August 14 2011 05:51 GMT
#478
3. Nc3
Sterling
Profile Joined December 2009
United States182 Posts
August 14 2011 05:54 GMT
#479
3. Nc3. No marshall gambit today!

ps. im not even a part of this but hf everyone.
LaXerCannon
Profile Joined October 2008
Canada558 Posts
August 14 2011 05:59 GMT
#480
Hi! I was wondering if I could sign up and vote immediately. If so...

3. d4

+ Show Spoiler +
I've been trying this opening lately and it is actually quite fun to play if you dislike the heavily analyzed Ruy Lopez lines.
Just keep swimming
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 140 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings97
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE169
ProTech132
SpeCial 130
StarCraft: Brood War
NaDa 25
Bale 23
Dota 2
monkeys_forever530
canceldota195
NeuroSwarm150
League of Legends
Doublelift4301
Counter-Strike
taco 153
Other Games
summit1g5902
JimRising 469
C9.Mang0366
ToD79
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick710
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 102
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP72
• poizon28 39
• davetesta25
• Adnapsc2 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra968
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
9h 16m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
16h 16m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
18h 16m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 9h
Patches Events
1d 14h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.