• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:28
CEST 10:28
KST 17:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Dating: How's your luck? Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8522 users

PC Games Sales Thread - Page 34

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 698 Next
OrchidThief
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark2298 Posts
July 05 2011 14:15 GMT
#661
On July 05 2011 21:41 Furycrab wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 05 2011 18:12 Shockk wrote:
I'd advise against Fallout: New Vegas, unless you haven't played any game of the franchise before and don't expect anything. It was a huge letdown for me, and I'm glad I didn't buy it myself but played with a friend who bought it.

It's not actually a bad game in the sense that it has clunky mechanics or atrocious graphics; it's decent in all technical concerns. But it lacks story, heart, and the atmosphere that shaped the franchise with the original games and (in parts) successfully carried over to Fallout 3. I can't speak for the DLCs as I haven't played through any of their content, but the FO3 DLCs were pretty lackluster and judging from some reviews I've read on the fly, this hasn't improved with F:NV.


Personally I rather liked NV. I don't know if I liked it more than Fallout 3, and it's certainly not better than 2 in my mind, but if you loved 3, you'll love NV if the bug monsters that have existed in both games don't hit you too hard (they patched out most of them but I still bump into a hard crash here and there).

Dead money is pretty good, but it's a high level thing, so don't expect to jump into it. The latest one I just picked up for the hell of it, for $5 there isn't much to regret if it turns out mediocre.


I enjoyed NV as well, it was better than Fallout 3 in some regards. (Like there being no more of that ridiculous subway crawling). But overall I think Fallout 3 was better.
FLu
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany147 Posts
July 05 2011 14:37 GMT
#662
Does anyone know who "Mikilatov" is? Just saw the "Osmos" trailer and at the end there is the quote:
"The ultimate ambient experience"
- Mikilatov, teamliquid.net

TheMango
Profile Joined April 2007
United States1967 Posts
July 05 2011 14:48 GMT
#663
On July 05 2011 23:37 FLu wrote:
Does anyone know who "Mikilatov" is? Just saw the "Osmos" trailer and at the end there is the quote:
"The ultimate ambient experience"
- Mikilatov, teamliquid.net



http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=87794&currentpage=3#45

He's actually part of TL's writing staff
Moderator
Kuhva
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom183 Posts
July 05 2011 15:20 GMT
#664
I would recommend Mount and Blade: Warband only.

There is not point in owning the orginal if you have Warband it's the same game apart from Warband has: multiplayer support as well as improved diplomacy, graphics and artificial intelligence. Warband also includes an updated map, and a sixth faction.

I didn't like Fire and Sword as much as Warband. Realworld setting, and a weird upgrade system for troops ruined it for me. It is more story driven though.
Brotoss Fighting!!!!
PDizzle
Profile Joined May 2011
Denmark1754 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-05 17:04:22
July 05 2011 17:03 GMT
#665
Uhhh Stalker on sale today, it's pretty cool if you haven't already played it :D
Will probably buy dues ex, since I haven't played it.
Monkey island is pretty cool too, played the original ones, 8 bucks for the hd version of 1 and 2 seems kinda expensive though.
HenL
Profile Joined February 2010
Norway111 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-05 17:13:08
July 05 2011 17:08 GMT
#666
So, the sale so far has been pretty bad imo. I've only spent 2€ on Bit.Trip Runner so far.
Monkey Island has been far cheaper before, probably half the price. Civ is predictably 250% as expensive than the gamersgate sale I mentioned(registered on steam), for Europe that is.
Even now you can get a physical copy 5€ cheaper on play.com.

I might get Call of Pripyat, but I shouldn't since I still haven't gotten around to playing the original. Yeah, I'll wait.
Serpico
Profile Joined May 2010
4285 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-05 17:13:45
July 05 2011 17:10 GMT
#667
On July 05 2011 23:15 OrchidThief wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 05 2011 21:41 Furycrab wrote:
On July 05 2011 18:12 Shockk wrote:
I'd advise against Fallout: New Vegas, unless you haven't played any game of the franchise before and don't expect anything. It was a huge letdown for me, and I'm glad I didn't buy it myself but played with a friend who bought it.

It's not actually a bad game in the sense that it has clunky mechanics or atrocious graphics; it's decent in all technical concerns. But it lacks story, heart, and the atmosphere that shaped the franchise with the original games and (in parts) successfully carried over to Fallout 3. I can't speak for the DLCs as I haven't played through any of their content, but the FO3 DLCs were pretty lackluster and judging from some reviews I've read on the fly, this hasn't improved with F:NV.


Personally I rather liked NV. I don't know if I liked it more than Fallout 3, and it's certainly not better than 2 in my mind, but if you loved 3, you'll love NV if the bug monsters that have existed in both games don't hit you too hard (they patched out most of them but I still bump into a hard crash here and there).

Dead money is pretty good, but it's a high level thing, so don't expect to jump into it. The latest one I just picked up for the hell of it, for $5 there isn't much to regret if it turns out mediocre.


I enjoyed NV as well, it was better than Fallout 3 in some regards. (Like there being no more of that ridiculous subway crawling). But overall I think Fallout 3 was better.

Interesting lol, I thought NV was better in every way and that FO 3 was horrible relative the previous 2 and NV. Just felt incredibly bland.


I might get Call of Pripyat, but I shouldn't since I still haven't gotten around to playing the original. Yeah, I'll wait.


Buy it now . CoP imo is better than SoC in every way except maybe the area being a bit less interesting. It has better graphics, gunplay, less bugs and glitches with more polish. The updated engine really enhances the atmosphere of the game.
FliedLice
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany7494 Posts
July 05 2011 17:11 GMT
#668
Summer Sales, 5th of July (German pricing):

[image loading]
Kevmeister @ Dota2
Valestrum
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States246 Posts
July 05 2011 17:15 GMT
#669
On July 06 2011 02:11 FliedLice wrote:
Summer Sales, 5th of July (German pricing):


Wow! S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Costs A LOT more for you guys than it does for us in the U.S.

It's only $4.99 here.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
faylayen
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands62 Posts
July 05 2011 17:16 GMT
#670
Worth picking up the guild wars trilogy this late? I don;t want to be screamed at for being so bad by all these veterans
FliedLice
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany7494 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-05 17:19:58
July 05 2011 17:18 GMT
#671
------- delete x_x
Kevmeister @ Dota2
RoosterSamurai
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Japan2108 Posts
July 05 2011 17:18 GMT
#672
The only game I can recommend today is stalker call of pripyat. It's a lot of fun, and it's only like $4
FliedLice
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany7494 Posts
July 05 2011 17:18 GMT
#673
On July 06 2011 02:15 Valestrum wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 06 2011 02:11 FliedLice wrote:
Summer Sales, 5th of July (German pricing):


Wow! S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Costs A LOT more for you guys than it does for us in the U.S.

It's only $4.99 here.


I think there's something fucked up with that one, if i click it it takes me to another page and shows Call of Pripyat for 3,49€ and Clear Sky for 2,49€
Kevmeister @ Dota2
Bloodash
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands1384 Posts
July 05 2011 17:19 GMT
#674
On July 06 2011 02:15 Valestrum wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 06 2011 02:11 FliedLice wrote:
Summer Sales, 5th of July (German pricing):


Wow! S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Costs A LOT more for you guys than it does for us in the U.S.

It's only $4.99 here.

probably a bug, costs 2,49 euro for me

nothing too interesting today, monday night combat for 3 euro isn't bad if you haven't got it already, bit like TF2 with a bit of DOTA mixed in, pretty fun
I'll bite this hand that feeds me, and take it for my own!
Mysticesper
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1183 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-05 17:26:27
July 05 2011 17:20 GMT
#675
that is odd... in italy it shows for me, 2.49 euros and through my school's vpn.. 4.99 us dollars.
euros is actually cheaper, for once... odd (~3.58 usd)

the only other discrepancy i see is COD being 12.50 eur vs 9.99 usd.
Valestrum
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States246 Posts
July 05 2011 17:22 GMT
#676
On July 06 2011 02:16 faylayen wrote:
Worth picking up the guild wars trilogy this late? I don;t want to be screamed at for being so bad by all these veterans


I got The Guild Wars trilogy last year for I thought $30 and was very excited about it. It was a bit of a let down.. I play a have played a lot of MMORPGs and well Guild Wars personally felt very clunky and awkward, I wasn't able to comfortably move the camera and character it felt, the combat also seemed a little awkward.

It's just my opinion but I wouldn't recommend it, perhaps try to find a trial of it first so you can see if you like it, otherwise $15 can buy a lot of other games on steam sale.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
CallmeMuppet
Profile Joined May 2010
Ireland176 Posts
July 05 2011 17:34 GMT
#677
Monkey Island hell yeah
Phenny
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia1435 Posts
July 05 2011 17:35 GMT
#678
I think I'll get all the STALKER games + wings of prey, friend has played Guild Wars for over 4k hours so there's that to consider as well...
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 05 2011 17:35 GMT
#679
Deus Ex is an obvious one.
I'd suggest GW, but to be honest, it's a great MMO, just outdated all points considering :3

MNC's community is dead, maybe 2-3 servers up that are full and that's it.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
skipgamer
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia701 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-05 17:40:28
July 05 2011 17:38 GMT
#680
Beat Hazard!!! My #1 recommendation for today. Clearly above all the rest in my opinion. Great game! As long as you don't experience seizures with flashing lights.

Deus Ex was a good game, but shows it's age nowadays. If you like old school games though I recommend it.

Wings of Prey is a given if you like combat flight sims, but I assume everyone who does already has it.

The rest? Meh, Monday Night Combat? TF2's free now, play that, better community. Monkey Island? Snore, get the old school version and play it with dosbox. STALKER? playing just about any other modern FPS would be a better idea. Shift 2? Whacked FFB and car handling, don't buy this if your serious about racing games. Guild Wars? lol $15 for an incomplete game, add another 10 for eye of the north, and even then it aint worth it, really shows it's age compared to other MMO's now. King Arthur and AI War? Snore. COD4 is of course brilliant if you haven't played it, but here it's $25(au), so I can't recommend at that price at all.

your mileage may vary.
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 698 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 535
Larva 90
Hyun 51
Killer 46
NotJumperer 38
scan(afreeca) 35
Bale 33
ajuk12(nOOB) 19
Hm[arnc] 13
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto121
League of Legends
JimRising 477
Counter-Strike
edward96
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King98
Other Games
summit1g7066
olofmeister852
Coldzera 708
ceh9588
Happy211
Sick156
crisheroes119
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick564
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2311
League of Legends
• Jankos992
• Stunt356
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h 32m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2h 32m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
15h 32m
Patches Events
1d 7h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.