• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:20
CEST 04:20
KST 11:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6262 users

Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim - Page 26

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 586 Next
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
June 08 2011 04:28 GMT
#501
On June 07 2011 23:25 Eiviyn wrote:
Just make sure you grab it for the PC. Most of what makes TES games awesome is the user content.


Exactly. Bethesda makes a pretty good rpg but letting their userbase make what they worked on so hard even better is where it really shines.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
gurrpp
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States437 Posts
June 08 2011 04:47 GMT
#502
On June 08 2011 08:26 Lord_of_Chaos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2011 08:03 tyCe wrote:
I'm excited to see more of how the unscripted encounters with the dragons will work. The encounters are obviously set up like boss encounters, and the fact that they can happen at anytime in the more dangerous areas creates a nice sense of tension.

I just hope they won't pop out every 15 minutes. And that they won't be rediculously level scaled. I don't want to be able to slay dragons on level one.
I want every dragon meeting to be "HOLY SHIT" and not "oh one more..." And as a low level character I want to be forced to just turn around and RUN fast as fuck to get away. I want the first time I'm actually able to kill a dragon to be like "OMG I did it!" and as a high high level character I want dragons to be easy pray for me, just like everythign else.


Oh god. I can see it now: dragons are the new cliff racers.
hot fuh days
Lomak
Profile Joined June 2010
United States311 Posts
June 08 2011 05:35 GMT
#503
On June 08 2011 08:40 Philip2110 wrote:
http://www.g4tv.com/videos/53441/The-Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim-E3-Gameplay-Demo/

14 minutes in game footage, check it out!


That looks gorgeous. The spells really look intense and powerful. The dragons.....fucking amazing. Really looking forward to this game, seems like they really went all out improving on all of the little things like 3rd person 'connectivity' to the environment. Smooth.
Some see the glass half full, others half empty. I think the glass is just too big.
BryanSC
Profile Joined October 2010
United States455 Posts
June 08 2011 05:53 GMT
#504
How connected is the plot for the games in the Elder Scrolls series? I've never played any of them but after watching the previews for Skyrim, it looks like I might give it a shot.
True_Spike
Profile Joined July 2004
Poland3434 Posts
June 08 2011 06:16 GMT
#505
On June 08 2011 14:53 BryanSC wrote:
How connected is the plot for the games in the Elder Scrolls series? I've never played any of them but after watching the previews for Skyrim, it looks like I might give it a shot.


There's no plot. Well, there *is* some, but it doesn't matter at all.
Original exxo
Profile Joined April 2011
United States257 Posts
June 08 2011 06:37 GMT
#506
LOOKS.SOOOOOOO.GOOOD!!!!
tyCe
Profile Joined March 2010
Australia2542 Posts
June 08 2011 07:06 GMT
#507
On June 08 2011 14:53 BryanSC wrote:
How connected is the plot for the games in the Elder Scrolls series? I've never played any of them but after watching the previews for Skyrim, it looks like I might give it a shot.

In true sandbox fashion, the world and references are relevant to the previous TES games, but I'm not sure whether the storyline is connected or not. Actually I've forgotten most of the storyline in the other TES games now. Bethesda basically gives you a would to explore and do whatever you want. We just got another piece of that world and lore that they have created through the other four TES games.
Betrayed by EG.BuK
Skilledblob
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany3392 Posts
June 08 2011 07:24 GMT
#508
On June 08 2011 14:53 BryanSC wrote:
How connected is the plot for the games in the Elder Scrolls series? I've never played any of them but after watching the previews for Skyrim, it looks like I might give it a shot.


plott between games is not connected but you will hear references in the games.

For example in Morrowind you have to free the island where the Dark Elves live and then in the next part Oblivion you will hear the people speaking about a Hero who appeared in Morrowind and led a rebelliob and so on.
Vestige
Profile Joined November 2009
United States303 Posts
June 08 2011 07:34 GMT
#509
dat graphics. wantttttt 11/11/11 needs to get here sooner
"You'd wish it were hell"
Pkol
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia176 Posts
June 08 2011 07:36 GMT
#510
IIRC, Skyrim takes place 200 years after oblivion, in a separate part of the world, so in no real significant way are the stories connected.

Morrowind and Oblivion happen within 10 years of each other, but again, different parts of the world so there are only whispers of what's going on in each.
lolwut?
lynx.oblige
Profile Joined August 2009
Sierra Leone2268 Posts
June 08 2011 07:40 GMT
#511
The physics are developing nicely. I like how Dragons can crash land.
Everyone needs a nemesis.
icclown
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Denmark270 Posts
June 08 2011 07:40 GMT
#512
On June 08 2011 13:20 CosmicAC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2011 08:03 tyCe wrote:
On June 08 2011 07:32 Eschaton wrote:
On June 08 2011 07:25 Dusty1337 wrote:
On June 08 2011 07:21 Eschaton wrote:
Why does every game have to have FUCKING DRAGONS? Isn't the fun of TES games exploring and experiencing all kind of weird and interesting things? Are dragons new and interesting things to anyone?


Dragons are fucking awesome, dude.


For sure they are brah. My bad.

You're Your bad.

I'm excited to see more of how the unscripted encounters with the dragons will work. The encounters are obviously set up like boss encounters, and the fact that they can happen at anytime in the more dangerous areas creates a nice sense of tension.

Well I'd have to say I agree with the fact that dragons are kind of cliche and I would prefer something else.
Aren't people welcoming the fact that they are leaving the generic medieval fantasy world of Oblivion? Dragons are kind of "generic medieval fantasy" as well...



You are somewhat right. Dragons might be generic medieval fantasy, but they're also more "all-round" mythical creatures... Even though they are in D&D, they are also in ... lets say the legends (might be sagas) of Beowulf. What I'm trying to say is that: You can have dragons in an adventure without having goblins/trolls/ogres - but if you have goblins etc. you are also obliged to eventually have a dragon....

This is my general assumption, there might be different arguments, but this instantly come into mind. I think Bathesda will find a way to make it more generic medieval - with a reduced amount of fantasy - in the most awesome way ever!!!

<---- hyped!
He who controls the past commands the future, He who commands the future, conquers the past. BUFFER INTO GG
lynx.oblige
Profile Joined August 2009
Sierra Leone2268 Posts
June 08 2011 07:46 GMT
#513
Who cares what is in it. What should matter is how they use it. The VS. Dragons dynamic sounds fantastic.
Everyone needs a nemesis.
True_Spike
Profile Joined July 2004
Poland3434 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-08 07:50:10
June 08 2011 07:48 GMT
#514
To be fair, the first well made RPG in a totally made up, non-standard fantasy world would rock my socks. No elves, no dwarfes, no dragons, goblins, trolls, similiar sounding names, places; Different art direction. A world not based on books, movies, different games. Just get rid of all the fantasy conventions and let your imagination run wild. That would be so awesome if done well.

I *really* hate space science-fiction themes, like Star Wars and such, but the world of the first Mass Effect (even though extremely limited) was so well done it made me dive in deep into the game. I wish someone would take this even further and apply it to a fantasy RPG.
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
June 08 2011 07:53 GMT
#515
I hope the dragon powers won't suck. In Oblivion I never explored the oblivion gates after Kvatch, since for me they weren't all that much fun and the rewards were kind of meh. There's no reason to defeat strong dragons if the reward is useless, unless you're looking for a good fight
icclown
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Denmark270 Posts
June 08 2011 07:59 GMT
#516
On June 08 2011 16:48 True_Spike wrote:
To be fair, the first well made RPG in a totally made up, non-standard fantasy world would rock my socks. No elves, no dwarfes, no dragons, goblins, trolls, similiar sounding names, places; Different art direction. A world not based on books, movies, different games. Just get rid of all the fantasy conventions and let your imagination run wild. That would be so awesome if done well.

I *really* hate space science-fiction themes, like Star Wars and such, but the world of the first Mass Effect (even though extremely limited) was so well done it made me dive in deep into the game. I wish someone would take this even further and apply it to a fantasy RPG.




Amen to that... Actually, this was what captured me in the ES series... Being able to Argonian, Khajiit etc. There's still ogres, goblins, whatever, but in ES I think the differentation is really neat.


and btw, the first time I saw one of these little things, I was literally about to fall off the chair I was sitting in...

[image loading]
He who controls the past commands the future, He who commands the future, conquers the past. BUFFER INTO GG
EnderCraft
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1746 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-08 08:09:29
June 08 2011 08:01 GMT
#517
On June 08 2011 16:53 kuresuti wrote:
I hope the dragon powers won't suck. In Oblivion I never explored the oblivion gates after Kvatch, since for me they weren't all that much fun and the rewards were kind of meh. There's no reason to defeat strong dragons if the reward is useless, unless you're looking for a good fight

You can summon a thunderstorm to "lightning bolt" your enemies (pretty bad ass IMO). Also, there are LOTS of dragons in the game as well as shouts. Each shout has 3 levels, and in order to unlock them you must kill different dragons/explore different areas. There is so much content in this game.... I cant wait >.<

Edit: Also, reminiscent of the game monster hunter, the dragons will wonder the world at random and can actually attack at anytime. You may be walking down a path only to have a dragon rain a horde of fiery death upon you... You may be fighting a petty thief when suddenly a massive dragon swoops down and snatches the thief for dinner. Some dragons will actually only stay in the air so I guess some ranged attacks will be necessary (don't know if thats a good or bad thing). However, once you wound them enough they will crash into the ground (which looks amazing with the physics engine I might add) where you will have to land the final blow.

Some people are upset with the whole cliche dragon thing. However, I think Bethesda is handling the encounters perfectly. It's going to be so awesome knowing that at any second a dragon can just show up out of no where. I think it really is going to add a cool element of surprise/variety to the typical run here and get into this dungeon type of thing that we've always seen with ES games.
SC:BW has a higher skill ceiling than SC2? SC 64 is where it's at brah.
Golgotha
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Korea (South)8418 Posts
June 08 2011 08:13 GMT
#518
dangit it looks very graphic intensive gonna have to upgrade
Grend
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
1600 Posts
June 08 2011 09:07 GMT
#519
On June 08 2011 13:47 gurrpp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2011 08:26 Lord_of_Chaos wrote:
On June 08 2011 08:03 tyCe wrote:
I'm excited to see more of how the unscripted encounters with the dragons will work. The encounters are obviously set up like boss encounters, and the fact that they can happen at anytime in the more dangerous areas creates a nice sense of tension.

I just hope they won't pop out every 15 minutes. And that they won't be rediculously level scaled. I don't want to be able to slay dragons on level one.
I want every dragon meeting to be "HOLY SHIT" and not "oh one more..." And as a low level character I want to be forced to just turn around and RUN fast as fuck to get away. I want the first time I'm actually able to kill a dragon to be like "OMG I did it!" and as a high high level character I want dragons to be easy pray for me, just like everythign else.


Oh god. I can see it now: dragons are the new cliff racers.

Hahahaha that would be hilarious!
♞ Against the Wind - Bob Seger ♞
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
June 08 2011 09:17 GMT
#520
On June 08 2011 16:36 Pkol wrote:
IIRC, Skyrim takes place 200 years after oblivion, in a separate part of the world, so in no real significant way are the stories connected.

Morrowind and Oblivion happen within 10 years of each other, but again, different parts of the world so there are only whispers of what's going on in each.


Its supposed to happen 200 years after oblivion but civilization hasn't progressed? I'd be pretty pissed if I lived in TES.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 586 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings176
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 192
ProTech121
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 229
Terrorterran 30
Bale 18
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm203
League of Legends
Doublelift5808
JimRising 720
Counter-Strike
taco 195
minikerr27
Other Games
summit1g11908
C9.Mang0403
PiLiPiLi12
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1136
BasetradeTV195
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream48
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP175
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 41m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
8h 41m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 41m
Replay Cast
20h 41m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 8h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.