• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:54
CEST 05:54
KST 12:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8284 users

[Maplestory Hardcore] Let's Play~!! - Page 11

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 405 Next
BrTarolg
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United Kingdom3574 Posts
November 12 2010 19:10 GMT
#201
On November 13 2010 04:06 Demoninja wrote:
Well vent is really just for chatting, the only time I would see us NEEDING it would be if we were to boss but only 3 of us are even remotely near the level/have the gear we would to boss. However, everybody is leveling up really quickly and I think us taking down bosses in the future is a definite possibility.


impossible to play ms without chatting man

get so bored otherwise
Demoninja
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States1190 Posts
November 12 2010 22:11 GMT
#202
I'm gonna grind until I hit 60 today. Watch, I'll do it I swear.
asianskill
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States289 Posts
November 12 2010 22:36 GMT
#203
Hey, I wanted to get into this but do you when big bang is coming out? No point in grinding when leveling is going to be easier soon...
herrro
Demoninja
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States1190 Posts
November 12 2010 23:20 GMT
#204
Bb is coming out sometime next month. I suggest you just start now cause it's still fun to play haha. I think many of us are going to change up our classes when it comes. Along so it might be benefitial to see what we have/need then.
Pandoma
Profile Joined June 2010
United States19 Posts
November 13 2010 00:13 GMT
#205
On November 13 2010 07:36 asianskill wrote:
Hey, I wanted to get into this but do you when big bang is coming out? No point in grinding when leveling is going to be easier soon...


Ok leveling is not going to be THAT easy. It's going to only be about 2x faster. CPQ is going to get nerfed, so 30-70 is going to be harder. Also the training spots are gonna be changing also. So you'll be fighting like stone golems at levels 20-30 and stuff like that. Finally there's a new MISS formula. Dex is not gonna help you fight monsters that are higher levels than you. The new formula is about +5% miss chance for every level the monster is higher than you. So pretty much early bossing = no no.
zingmars
Profile Joined April 2010
Latvia189 Posts
November 13 2010 07:07 GMT
#206
Meh I got level 22 y-day and finished the most boring quest chain i've encountered in any MMO so far.It was for dual-blades. Not sure If I'll be able to play for the weekend tho, since I'll be out of city, and I'm not sure if the internet I'll be on, will be actually capable of running hotspot + connection to MS.
If I'm not online these two days then know that, this is the case and that I'll be on monday afternoon (morning in the US.)
Just telling you this, so you don't assume I just made a char, took 500k mesos from one of the players and left the game.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." -- Thomas Watson
BrTarolg
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United Kingdom3574 Posts
November 13 2010 07:21 GMT
#207
WOO lvl 70 IM SO OVERPOWERED NOW YAYAYYAYY
JMave
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Singapore1806 Posts
November 13 2010 07:38 GMT
#208
i never played MS past my level 43 spearman. it was just too dry. the funniest thing was that my circle of friends were all level 19x and 1 guy was 200 i think. we played on maplesea back then. still good to know people still enjoy this game.
火心 Jealous. I always loved that feeling when I was young. Embrace it.
Elvex
Profile Joined August 2010
United States191 Posts
November 13 2010 08:41 GMT
#209
You know what? I'm bored as fck so I'm going to transfer my 101 dexless sin to Demethos and play with you guys...
SubPointOA
Profile Joined November 2010
United States183 Posts
November 13 2010 08:51 GMT
#210
i suggest ventrilo, more used by people. u dont need webcam for maplestory as well
Just stick with the flow to rock the whole globe
Nazza
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Australia1654 Posts
November 13 2010 09:20 GMT
#211
On November 13 2010 08:20 Demoninja wrote:
Bb is coming out sometime next month. I suggest you just start now cause it's still fun to play haha. I think many of us are going to change up our classes when it comes. Along so it might be benefitial to see what we have/need then.


I heard Big bang will drastically reduce the amount of xp required to level, so it might make it more fun.

Also I don't get this scrolling stuff. Someone explain to me, couldn't you scroll for strength rather than for dexterity on a warrior, and still get the same amount of stats?
No one ever remembers second place, eh? eh? GIVE ME COMMAND
imaboredman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States5 Posts
November 13 2010 09:55 GMT
#212
I'm interested in joining the guild. Pretty noob to MS but I've done the whole hardcore WoW thing. Only like lvl 15 aran -- Imaboredman//Imaboredwar I just need a time sink until GW 2 comes out.
Gummy
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States2180 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-13 10:17:55
November 13 2010 10:16 GMT
#213
On November 13 2010 18:20 Nazza wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 13 2010 08:20 Demoninja wrote:
Bb is coming out sometime next month. I suggest you just start now cause it's still fun to play haha. I think many of us are going to change up our classes when it comes. Along so it might be benefitial to see what we have/need then.


I heard Big bang will drastically reduce the amount of xp required to level, so it might make it more fun.

Also I don't get this scrolling stuff. Someone explain to me, couldn't you scroll for strength rather than for dexterity on a warrior, and still get the same amount of stats?

Endgame it's a problem, however. As a warrior, for example, the dex you needed at 50 to hit monsters is twice the dex you'll need at level 100, and one quarter the dex you'll need once you get to 200. (roughly)

It's very expensive, nx-wise, to lower your dex stat, and as a warrior, you only need dex for 3 purposes:
1.) Accuracy. This is the main reason.
2.) More consistent damage. This is a stupid reason, since the consistency comes entirely out of the high end of your damage end, rather than actually increasing your min damage.
3.) Avoidability. This, again, is a stupid reason because you're a freaking warrior. Tank that shit.

A zak helm, maple weapon, and dex-scrolled overall will give you all the accuracy you need.

Also, for thieves, the dex requirement is so freaking high. 2x level. The difference between being standard dex and low dex is a ratio of 3/5... That's right, by putting dex in, you're giving up over 30% of your damage potential assuming equivalent equips (a poor assumption, but reasonable for under level 120).
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ There are three kinds of people in the world: those who can count and those who can't.
Traveler
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States451 Posts
November 13 2010 11:16 GMT
#214
Anyone want to tell me if it is worth it to start playing again?
Also I am interested in a warrior, so tips on how to get a lot of money for that, plus whether or not dexless will be useful after the "big bang" would be nice to know.

I used to have a dexless warrior with a zakum helm at level 50 that I loved playing on (13 attack shield, 1 handed sword) that output insane damage.
Can you ever argue in favor of something without first proving it?
Gummy
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States2180 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-13 11:19:53
November 13 2010 11:19 GMT
#215
On November 13 2010 20:16 Traveler wrote:
Anyone want to tell me if it is worth it to start playing again?
Also I am interested in a warrior, so tips on how to get a lot of money for that, plus whether or not dexless will be useful after the "big bang" would be nice to know.

I used to have a dexless warrior with a zakum helm at level 50 that I loved playing on (13 attack shield, 1 handed sword) that output insane damage.

Having dex after big bang will be utterly useless (for warriors). So being dexless, then, is good.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ There are three kinds of people in the world: those who can count and those who can't.
Traveler
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States451 Posts
November 13 2010 11:32 GMT
#216
On November 13 2010 20:19 Gummy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 13 2010 20:16 Traveler wrote:
Anyone want to tell me if it is worth it to start playing again?
Also I am interested in a warrior, so tips on how to get a lot of money for that, plus whether or not dexless will be useful after the "big bang" would be nice to know.

I used to have a dexless warrior with a zakum helm at level 50 that I loved playing on (13 attack shield, 1 handed sword) that output insane damage.

Having dex after big bang will be utterly useless (for warriors). So being dexless, then, is good.


So will low funding work then? Because I gave away that account that had 200m on it.
I mean, I basically have access to all the NX I want to buy, so if I need money.
Can you ever argue in favor of something without first proving it?
Terranlisk
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Singapore1404 Posts
November 13 2010 14:05 GMT
#217
Can everyone fame me, I need fame to equip a dark calaf lol.
aka myheronoob
Elvex
Profile Joined August 2010
United States191 Posts
November 13 2010 17:01 GMT
#218
How are you guys even making money?
Profitlol
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States94 Posts
November 13 2010 17:37 GMT
#219
We make money by merching or ask Gummy for money haha
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
November 13 2010 21:31 GMT
#220
Well fuck it, I think I'll join in on this when Big Bang comes out LOL
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 405 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 196
ProTech121
Nina 8
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2254
Shuttle 1320
Dewaltoss 53
Bale 51
Snow 44
Noble 37
NaDa 27
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm161
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1015
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King322
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor513
Other Games
summit1g8846
JimRising 699
PiGStarcraft329
C9.Mang0318
ArmadaUGS56
ViBE56
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV261
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream89
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 114
• davetesta19
• Letter145
• Response 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo922
• Stunt183
Other Games
• Scarra763
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
9h 7m
OSC
18h 7m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 6h
Online Event
1d 7h
FEL
1d 12h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 13h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 15h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.