• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:06
CEST 02:06
KST 09:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8025 users

2010-2011 football (soccer) thread - Page 2

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 206 207 208 Next
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
July 09 2010 00:05 GMT
#21
Liverpool is in heavy debt so Torres looks very likely to leave. Mascherano is leaving too with more to follow I'm sure. Roy Hodgson's reputation just doesn't command a lot of respect. Rafa did extremely well rebuilding Liverpool from the Houllier years but now the squad is worse off compared to when Rafa took over.
MooCow
Profile Joined September 2008
1434 Posts
July 09 2010 00:37 GMT
#22
Does Roman want Torres that much? I know it's been in the rumors but surely he's going to watch the finals and not really chase Torres as the press is making it sound?

That being said it seems like it's only Chelsea in the bid for him, he won't join Real, Barca bought Villa and no one else other than City has the funds to get him.

Who's all these players that are heavily linked with Chelsea? O_o I even check goal.com which has a lot of rumors and we aren't linked with a lot of people. I only know of Aguero and Torres

I think that's a bit harsh to say that Sneijder will be wasting his talents at Inter because of Rafa, he's a good coach.
Making history not reliving it.
SuperArc
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Austria7781 Posts
July 09 2010 09:03 GMT
#23
I think the only reason Ozil will stay in Bremen this season is hell get easy CL games
Snow - future of protoss! :) Nada = baller
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
July 09 2010 19:07 GMT
#24
This better not be true...

[image loading]

The stripes are awful. -__-
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
uberMatt
Profile Joined May 2004
Canada659 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-11 01:12:38
July 11 2010 01:10 GMT
#25
juve united 99 champions league
+ Show Spoiler [1] +
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GWCHKG4H

+ Show Spoiler [2] +
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OFWI4HBE


amazing game, with an atmosphere to match it

not to mention football was so much less cynical back then, way fewer dives, way fewer bad tackles, way less time wasting

eeeee

inzaghi is his prime was a scary man
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
July 11 2010 01:14 GMT
#26
Was that the game where Keano filled in at defence and owned shit?
uberMatt
Profile Joined May 2004
Canada659 Posts
July 11 2010 04:09 GMT
#27
On July 11 2010 10:14 zulu_nation8 wrote:
Was that the game where Keano filled in at defence and owned shit?


he was CM, but yea it was probably his best game ever :o
white_box921
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United Kingdom967 Posts
July 12 2010 09:50 GMT
#28
that Roma shirt isn't actually too bad, without the logo and sponsor, it will just be an ordinary polo that you can get from any shop.

btw, I am glad that there is another football thread, those in the WC section are fucking ridiculous and hurts my eyes and soul reading the comments.
Klive5ive
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom6056 Posts
July 12 2010 11:11 GMT
#29
I can't wait for the start of the real football season.
The WC was such a flop and my Saturdays feel very bland without a game to go to.
Don't hate the player - Hate the game
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
July 12 2010 11:40 GMT
#30
I've been planning to start following club football for a few months now and now that I've finally got some free time I'm wondering where to start D:. A TL of football, if you will? The extent of my knowledge is pretty much Wikipediaing some teams/league formats lol
Awesomesauce
Profile Joined August 2009
Belgium69 Posts
July 12 2010 11:49 GMT
#31
I'm a big fan of real madrid !

I really hope Mourinho will make a beautiful and strong team to compete with barça. I can't wait for awesome classico. Hope the liga will be as close as previous season, it was pretty intense. but this time, madrid will win ! I believe !

gogo madrid!
Salteador Neo
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Andorra5591 Posts
July 12 2010 12:12 GMT
#32
Barça should have totally signed Özil before the England/Argentina games xd
Revolutionist fan
MooCow
Profile Joined September 2008
1434 Posts
July 12 2010 12:39 GMT
#33
I'm not sure if there is a TL of football. I just talk to my friends about it and SA. Every forum for football there's going to be a lot of flaming because everyone hates each other and people post with a lot of bias. I like the TL football posters, most are civilized and know what they are talking about.
Making history not reliving it.
SuperArc
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Austria7781 Posts
July 12 2010 12:59 GMT
#34
On July 12 2010 21:12 Salteador Neo wrote:
Barça should have totally signed Özil before the England/Argentina games xd


What, both Ozil and Fabregas on the bench? :p
Snow - future of protoss! :) Nada = baller
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
July 12 2010 13:04 GMT
#35
On July 12 2010 21:39 MooCow wrote:
I'm not sure if there is a TL of football. I just talk to my friends about it and SA. Every forum for football there's going to be a lot of flaming because everyone hates each other and people post with a lot of bias. I like the TL football posters, most are civilized and know what they are talking about.


Yeah, I was thinking more in terms of overall content. I'm sure if I just watched as many games as possible it would be the same in the end but I'm really a total stranger to the whole thing.

What league is the most watched, in general?
dnosrc
Profile Joined May 2009
Germany454 Posts
July 12 2010 13:09 GMT
#36
On July 12 2010 22:04 Kyuukyuu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2010 21:39 MooCow wrote:
I'm not sure if there is a TL of football. I just talk to my friends about it and SA. Every forum for football there's going to be a lot of flaming because everyone hates each other and people post with a lot of bias. I like the TL football posters, most are civilized and know what they are talking about.


Yeah, I was thinking more in terms of overall content. I'm sure if I just watched as many games as possible it would be the same in the end but I'm really a total stranger to the whole thing.

What league is the most watched, in general?

bundesliga has the highest attendance
champions league is most watched
MooCow
Profile Joined September 2008
1434 Posts
July 12 2010 13:22 GMT
#37

Haha Ozil is great!


Bundesliga averaged Europe-high 41,904 fans per game last season, making it the most watched league in Europe. By most watched, I mean live attendance. Behind the Bundesliga were England’s Premier League (35,592), Spain’s La Liga (28,478), Italy’s Serie A (25,304), France’s Ligue 1 (21,034) Coca-Cola Championship ( the English league 2 ) is the fourth most watched.

I'm not sure what the tv viewing figures are though but people from the old footy thread mainly talked about EPL, La Liga and CL. Holgerius talked about Serie A ( Totti ) though
Making history not reliving it.
Klive5ive
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom6056 Posts
July 12 2010 14:00 GMT
#38
On July 12 2010 22:09 dnosrc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2010 22:04 Kyuukyuu wrote:
On July 12 2010 21:39 MooCow wrote:
I'm not sure if there is a TL of football. I just talk to my friends about it and SA. Every forum for football there's going to be a lot of flaming because everyone hates each other and people post with a lot of bias. I like the TL football posters, most are civilized and know what they are talking about.


Yeah, I was thinking more in terms of overall content. I'm sure if I just watched as many games as possible it would be the same in the end but I'm really a total stranger to the whole thing.

What league is the most watched, in general?

bundesliga has the highest attendance
champions league is most watched

Germans bigging up their own league ^^
I'ts very likely he meant most watched in terms of TV/internet viewing.
The EPL is the most watched TV event worldwide out of everything.
La Liga is the next most watched football event.

If you're looking to support an international team I suggest you watch games from the top teams Madrid/Barcelona/ManU/Chelsea/Bayern etc... to get a feel for what sort of team you like.
Don't hate the player - Hate the game
Diuqil
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States307 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-12 14:31:48
July 12 2010 14:07 GMT
#39
Okay, bad post by me ;x
I have watched Ozil throughout the world cup and I have disliked his performances. Dribbling in front of the opponents goal when he could have simply passed the ball and helped his team score a goal is probably the main reason I dislike this player. Hes done this A LOT too. I pretty much just dislike ball hogs
User was warned for this post
uberMatt
Profile Joined May 2004
Canada659 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-13 01:58:08
July 13 2010 01:57 GMT
#40
barca inter 2010

+ Show Spoiler [1] +
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V27JVWGZ

+ Show Spoiler [2] +
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T21KL8QE


ive been uploading these for a friend, thought some people here might like them as well though
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 206 207 208 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings58
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta23
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE166
ProTech153
Nina 143
SpeCial 51
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13988
Artosis 627
PianO 36
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm178
canceldota134
League of Legends
Doublelift4070
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1689
minikerr13
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe85
Other Games
summit1g7021
shahzam563
Day[9].tv492
C9.Mang0397
Maynarde88
Trikslyr68
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV155
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 41
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur646
• Day9tv492
Upcoming Events
OSC
22h 54m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 9h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 16h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 18h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.