• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:44
CEST 22:44
KST 05:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8833 users

! [G] PvZ Rush Hour - My Way - Sim City Toss - Page 5

Forum Index > Featured Threads
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
SuperJongMan
Profile Blog Joined March 2003
Jamaica11586 Posts
November 07 2006 20:01 GMT
#81
On November 07 2006 09:04 FrozenArbiter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 07 2006 08:39 SuperJongMan wrote:
Awesome. Learned new zealot not-making timing, and the tech-explosion timing.
I guess that's what I been not thinking about...
Isn't this pretty easily substitutable for many maps as a main sair/dt opener up to expo/research/tech?

Yay. Those two timings are I think so key.

FA, you musta done this just for me. I love you. I love you like sunshine and lollipops.

Thank you.

Hm, I think it's a pretty good build for other maps too but there's one thing about this build tho.. It's not optimal in terms of having many units as soon as possible, it's very flexible and can be used to play normally so yeah, it's fine for other maps.

But if you want to play timing PvZ, there's a few things that should be changed I think.


??? Could you give examples? I haven't even tried out your build but I figure you have far more experience with this build anyways.
POWER OVERWHELMING ! ! ! KRUU~ KRUU~
Xeofreestyler
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
Belgium6786 Posts
November 07 2006 20:05 GMT
#82
You sexy sob. Great guide, thanks.
Graphics
Solstice[gm]
Profile Joined November 2006
Korea (South)76 Posts
November 07 2006 20:27 GMT
#83
FA, you are truly a great player. Your strategy works perfectly well on PvZ although it does (as you said) get old.

Too bad all that amounted to only one post -_-
Labor until you tire; and then labor some more.
LastWish
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
2015 Posts
November 08 2006 00:03 GMT
#84
Good Guide.
Though I like to play more agressive, even if it means to lose.

I would like the azalea one too, probably some FE stuff i guess...
- It's all just treason - They bring me down with their lies - Don't know the reason - My life is fire and ice -
Myxomatosis
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States2392 Posts
November 08 2006 03:55 GMT
#85
On November 08 2006 09:03 LastWish wrote:
I would like the azalea one too, probably some FE stuff i guess...

Azalea is pretty straightforward ZvP imo. Really only 2-3 strong builds. 2 Gate outside of min only and zealot rush. FE into 3 Base or FE into Sair Reaver.
Romance_us
Profile Joined March 2006
Seychelles1806 Posts
November 08 2006 03:59 GMT
#86
On November 08 2006 05:27 Solstice[gm] wrote:
FA, you are truly a great player. Your strategy works perfectly well on PvZ although it does (as you said) get old.

Too bad all that amounted to only one post -_-


Post count is not realism. REMEMBER THAT.
Notes and feelings, numbers and reason. The ultimate equilibrium.
Vin{MBL}
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
5185 Posts
November 08 2006 05:18 GMT
#87
can someone make a TvZ Peaks of Beakdu guide please?
[jOyO]
Profile Joined July 2006
United States920 Posts
November 08 2006 05:49 GMT
#88
why does FA's posts stay the same number?
You must notta heard me PARTNA!
Vin{MBL}
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
5185 Posts
November 08 2006 06:28 GMT
#89
On November 08 2006 14:49 [jOyO] wrote:
why does FA's posts stay the same number?


because when a person makes another post it automatically updates all his posts in his history to that post count
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
November 08 2006 14:03 GMT
#90
Gosu guide, thanks. ^_^

I'm also interested in hearing more about timing PvZ and what builds are better for that style. I assume in midgame it's based off of more scouting (obs camped in zerg main especially) and sacrificing probe production in favor of a timing rush at some point, but when? Before Hive kicks or sunk/lurk/spore gets set up or too many bases go online, I suppose, but that's a bit vague and probably more than a bit wrong.

I really like how the build in the guide plays the map so well, with the late game map control, setting up bases at the choke points and with good defensive formation. And (in my interpretation) it focuses on endgame gas control, something that few players seemed to have grasped like FA. Unlike 4 player maps, RH3 allows the protoss to limit the zerg's gas by somehow securing the other main/nat. So this brings up another question: how would you adapt this strategy to other maps? Would you need to be more aggressive about restricting zerg gas? Where would timing or unit composition change?

FA, if you're saving available post counts until 20,000, don't bother with this (yet). Anybody else have thoughts on this?
HonestTea *
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
5007 Posts
November 08 2006 14:18 GMT
#91
HERO THREAD
returns upon momentous occasions.
NuclearAntelope
Profile Joined February 2003
United States1369 Posts
November 08 2006 14:42 GMT
#92
I wrote a pretty long explanation of why I don't prefer this build, but I don't wanna start a theorycraft debate. It's a very well written guide, and will probably help people with their pvz, but I don't think it means anything to beat a zerg by going down to their level (mindless defense). I prefer 2 gate pressure almost always in ladder games or fun games because it doesn't let them whore drones. In a serious game like a CW or NW, I tend to go for something closer to this simply because it is safe and consistant. Even then, I like to sprinkle in something more aggressive like a reaver strat.

I'm glad you centered the guide around RH3 and not the new maps because I think all the new maps are horrible. Blame it on hundreds of pgt games, but I still prefer to play on r-point/requiem/rush hour/rov any day.
people are similar in nature. its the experience of life that makes them so different.
Cidrex
Profile Joined November 2002
Spain71 Posts
November 08 2006 15:23 GMT
#93
I had seen one rep, that could help everyone. This was played in SANDLOT.

The game is against FA and Active in RH3. You can fint it here:

http://www.battle.net/tournaments/sandlot/schedule.shtml

But I think is very deffensive in late game, but is necessary against hive units. The question is that FA only atack one time in the game, when he has observer as he told in the guide he went out and try to atack the second gas of the zerg without results cuz zerg protect it with lurker and spores.

FA has a very good control of the map, he left zeas to see zerg comming and have time to return.
And rivers protect very good the expansions...

The game end with corsar+carrier.

I wanna ask you if trying to mass some river I think is easy to broke his second gas or it´s a risk because zerg can attack in other way??

The other game FA vs Reason, Reason goes 2/3 hatch hidra but FA deffends good and Reason left the game...

And the other game is FA vs s2[fou] and Mass Lings make FA lose the game. I think with this strat u have to take very carreful in the beggining because 2 zealots+one goon without canon is very easy to beat.

Ok I make this post to think about to fix some points or think about been more agressive.

Anyways is versy Strong for the zerg fight against this.
aQ.bitchaRd
Profile Joined February 2006
Russian Federation79 Posts
November 08 2006 21:10 GMT
#94
it seems that FA forgot about this topic ;(
scene invaders are smoking graasss
Purind
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
Canada3562 Posts
November 08 2006 21:15 GMT
#95
Hmmm, yeah, if FA doesn't post 1 of every 3 posts in a thread, that's considered him momentarily forgetting about the thread
Trucy Wright is hot
Taiche *
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
France1963 Posts
November 08 2006 21:15 GMT
#96
Actually, I think he is saving some posts so that he can make a nice 20000th post (which he said he might be preparing)
Manifesto7 Uses ReXplorer, and so should you! : http://repasm.net/rx/
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-11-08 22:40:49
November 08 2006 22:36 GMT
#97
On November 08 2006 23:03 Myrmidon wrote:
Gosu guide, thanks. ^_^

I'm also interested in hearing more about timing PvZ and what builds are better for that style. I assume in midgame it's based off of more scouting (obs camped in zerg main especially) and sacrificing probe production in favor of a timing rush at some point, but when? Before Hive kicks or sunk/lurk/spore gets set up or too many bases go online, I suppose, but that's a bit vague and probably more than a bit wrong.

I really like how the build in the guide plays the map so well, with the late game map control, setting up bases at the choke points and with good defensive formation. And (in my interpretation) it focuses on endgame gas control, something that few players seemed to have grasped like FA. Unlike 4 player maps, RH3 allows the protoss to limit the zerg's gas by somehow securing the other main/nat. So this brings up another question: how would you adapt this strategy to other maps? Would you need to be more aggressive about restricting zerg gas? Where would timing or unit composition change?

FA, if you're saving available post counts until 20,000, don't bother with this (yet). Anybody else have thoughts on this?

Cut probes a bit earlier, maybe not open with 1 gate sair -> 2 gate dt, but instead 1 gate sair dt nex (as you want to have the best possible macro). I don't play this way as much anymore, but I think knicknack is going to write something about this way of playing, so check his site (maybe he's already written it, I don't remember ).

You would most likely not make reavers, or at least not many reavers and instead make archons later on.

Adapting this build to another map, well, the habit of making walls to protect your expansions is a good one, but on a map like luna it's a lot less effective because you can't choke his gas supply and carriers are not as strong (nor are reavers, the map is much bigger whereas the corridors on rush hour make them perfect.

On November 09 2006 00:23 Cidrex wrote:
I had seen one rep, that could help everyone. This was played in SANDLOT.

The game is against FA and Active in RH3. You can fint it here:

http://www.battle.net/tournaments/sandlot/schedule.shtml

But I think is very deffensive in late game, but is necessary against hive units. The question is that FA only atack one time in the game, when he has observer as he told in the guide he went out and try to atack the second gas of the zerg without results cuz zerg protect it with lurker and spores.

FA has a very good control of the map, he left zeas to see zerg comming and have time to return.
And rivers protect very good the expansions...

The game end with corsar+carrier.

I wanna ask you if trying to mass some river I think is easy to broke his second gas or it´s a risk because zerg can attack in other way??

The other game FA vs Reason, Reason goes 2/3 hatch hidra but FA deffends good and Reason left the game...

And the other game is FA vs s2[fou] and Mass Lings make FA lose the game. I think with this strat u have to take very carreful in the beggining because 2 zealots+one goon without canon is very easy to beat.

Ok I make this post to think about to fix some points or think about been more agressive.

Anyways is versy Strong for the zerg fight against this.

I was nervous vs active so I only played defence (because I was afraid I would screw up if I tried attacking), but depending on the situation, attacking with reavers (I prefer taking them in shuttle if I attack) and units can be good.

But watch out for counters (probably good idea to have at least one reaver and some units (templars, others) at your natural and some units scouting the center of the map so you can turn back if he attacks your 2nd gas.

On November 07 2006 14:35 aQ.bitchaRd wrote:
gj! brilliant! thanx FA.

but i have one more question for you, which, as i think, you didn't paid enough attention here. if zerg sees 1 gate tech and goes 2 hatch all-in-ling with speed - is it possible to defend it without forge? what do you usually do vs fast all-in-ling (~20 or so)? forge after core, after stargate? 3rd zealot, some probes back to zealots? what?

thank you

Get a forge, no sense in being greedy when you don't have to All of what you said, and it really depends on when he does it. Sometimes you will need it before stargate, sometimes after.. After you defend you can either continue playing normally but I think usually getting 1+ is more helpful because he can't afford many units other than lings so

Just be safe

On November 09 2006 06:15 Taiche wrote:
Actually, I think he is saving some posts so that he can make a nice 20000th post (which he said he might be preparing)

Dunno, might do something but not as elaborate as this :D
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Cidrex
Profile Joined November 2002
Spain71 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-11-08 23:02:41
November 08 2006 23:01 GMT
#98
g0g0g0g0g0g0 20.000th post!!!!


P.D: A BiG Pack Replay will be a good Gift for us!!

EvilTeletubby
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Baltimore, USA22261 Posts
November 08 2006 23:22 GMT
#99
One more FA... one more.
Moderatorhttp://carbonleaf.yuku.com/topic/408/t/So-I-proposed-at-a-Carbon-Leaf-concert.html ***** RIP Geoff
j0ehoe
Profile Joined September 2006
United States2705 Posts
November 09 2006 04:44 GMT
#100
On November 09 2006 08:22 EvilTeletubby wrote:
One more FA... one more.


two more sucka ;]

jw...why is it called sim city toss? i used to love that game =x
Only communists disconnect.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h 16m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 125
UpATreeSC 66
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15010
Calm 2074
Mini 150
Trap 23
scan(afreeca) 21
Bale 18
Dota 2
febbydoto21
LuMiX1
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King39
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4023
Liquid`Hasu679
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2031
shahzam448
B2W.Neo425
RotterdaM414
C9.Mang0240
ToD193
WinterStarcraft124
Dewaltoss63
ZombieGrub39
JuggernautJason18
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 20
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade1157
Other Games
• imaqtpie983
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
13h 16m
INu's Battles
14h 16m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
16h 16m
OSC
1d 1h
Replay Cast
1d 2h
OSC
2 days
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.