• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:24
CEST 16:24
KST 23:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8440 users

Death metal thread - Page 13

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 24 Next All
Louuster
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada2869 Posts
September 07 2011 20:11 GMT
#241
On September 06 2011 12:41 ZombieNostalgia wrote:
I'm currently listening to the new Opeth album, Heritage. It's really boring so far. Not really memorable. Bland King Crimson worship pretty much. I like some Opeth but their later works really bores me. Blackwater Park is my last liked one. Anyone else listen to it yet? I'm not even going to post a song from it. It's not even metal now. Instead here is some NY Proto-slam. Well, it was slam before slam was a term for music.




I absolutely love it, I feel like Opeth is one of the few bands that can go so far out of their comfort zone and still make an amazing album. That said, no its not metal and I understand that if thats what you want, the album probably wont do it for you.
Kim Taek Yong fighting~
trias_e
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States520 Posts
September 07 2011 20:35 GMT
#242
Old school Cadaver. In pains is definitely one of my favorite death metal albums ever. I wish other bands would write in this style, but the song-writing style is really damn hard to replicate. But it's fucking epic.

trias_e
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States520 Posts
September 07 2011 20:43 GMT
#243
And here's a fun tribute to old school swedish death metal, Winterwolf. They are nothing spectacular, but I find them good fun.

Deleted User 109835
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
629 Posts
September 07 2011 20:55 GMT
#244
--- Nuked ---
ZombieNostalgia
Profile Joined March 2011
United States133 Posts
September 08 2011 13:46 GMT
#245
It is...the whisper grunt. Just more proof of how awesome Finland is.


It's not that Opeth has gotten decreasingly less metal that made me lose interest in them its that they like to drag out songs. They do a bunch of nonimpressive things. I didnt like this new album because it does the same thing where it has a bunch of boring parts where nearly nothing happens and I could really just listen to a King Crimson album and be better off. I wouldn't post it here justbecause its not metal. Just really long winded prog.I listen to a bunch of non-metal things. Ive been listening to a ton on Wu-tang clan. Mainly their first. That shit is on permanent repeat in my car.
ZombieNostalgia
Profile Joined March 2011
United States133 Posts
September 08 2011 14:26 GMT
#246
Also, has anyone seen that there is a metalcore thread now? It's terrible, they post gothenburg worship bands in there and a whole bunch of post-hardcore. I cringe hard. There is such a thing as good metalcore but the ones they seem to be posting arent even really metalcore. The modern view of metalcore has deviated from metal with an actual hardcore influence into the only real influence being a breakdown. It doesnt apply to all of the modern metalcore but it does for a lot. I've noticed a lot of "Noun the verb" type bands popping up with metalcore labels attached to them. No clue why that is. Seems kind of dumb.
trias_e
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States520 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-08 14:43:16
September 08 2011 14:41 GMT
#247
Just don't bother yourself with that stuff. It's a waste of time. I can't imagine what anyone sees in these bands, but I'm certainly not missing out by not listening to them. They are fuckin awful.

Edit: Although if Neuraxis counts as metalcore, I do like one metalcore band (not their latest so much though). I don't think do though. They are more technical death metal.
ZombieNostalgia
Profile Joined March 2011
United States133 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-08 16:09:14
September 08 2011 16:07 GMT
#248
I've got a list of good metalcore bands on my bookmarked at my house. I will post later for anyone who is interested in seeing metalcore that is competent in constructing guitar riffing and not abusing breakdowns with just one note.

I posted one of the bands in the metalcore thread. It's a holy terror band named Catharsis. My favorite band from the good metalcore scene. Of course it gets unnoticed and the post-hardcore band below me gets praised. Fucking facepalming hard.

Actually I found it with some slight internet digging. This guy is really knowledgeable. He posts in the music board I go on.
http://rateyourmusic.com/list/RlyehLiberationFront/metalcore_that_is_worth_your_time___


EDIT: To keep this death metal semi-relevant here is his top DM lists
http://rateyourmusic.com/list/RlyehLiberationFront/top_50_death_metal_albums
couches
Profile Joined November 2010
618 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-08 17:30:31
September 08 2011 17:29 GMT
#249
On September 08 2011 23:26 ZombieNostalgia wrote:
Also, has anyone seen that there is a metalcore thread now? It's terrible
terribles gonna terrible, let them be.

Also, that list is awesome. Going to check some of it out this weekend since I get paid tomorrow. =D
ZombieNostalgia
Profile Joined March 2011
United States133 Posts
September 08 2011 20:01 GMT
#250
I like to post there to test out there knowledge or lack of in their music. I try not to be mean and just say "you're music suck please listen to better stuff." I want to but I would probably get a temp ban.
Adventurekid
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Sweden505 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-09 06:42:46
September 09 2011 06:41 GMT
#251
On September 08 2011 22:46 ZombieNostalgia wrote:
It is...the whisper grunt. Just more proof of how awesome Finland is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sswPvaFyaYQ




woah thats awesome :D!
You should build a turtle fence!
psycroptic
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada115 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-09 07:34:51
September 09 2011 07:32 GMT
#252
LOL i have to wait 11 more days for new opeth album...sadface
couches
Profile Joined November 2010
618 Posts
September 09 2011 12:28 GMT
#253
I'm excited about seeing them live and in person @ the meet and greet in a few weeks.
TheBamf
Profile Joined June 2011
Denmark366 Posts
September 09 2011 14:41 GMT
#254
Opeth was a pretty alright band, though I do not have an ever extending boner for them like half of the metal community, on a similair note Death are the most worshipped DM band which is totally understandable:



Rotting while they breathe - Death comes slow!
IM.Nestea | IM.MvP | MvP.DongRaeGu. | Genius | ST.Parting I SlayerS.MMA
ZombieNostalgia
Profile Joined March 2011
United States133 Posts
September 09 2011 15:52 GMT
#255
I only really liked 2 death albums. Symbolic and leprosy. Never listen to scream bloody gore.yes, I know I really should but I do this with really obvious albums all the time. I get caught up in the lesser known stuff a bunch just because its what I see recommended more in my music forums. I really wish I had even a decent music scene around here. The most metal band that has played here in a while was mastodon and that was with dethklok. Terrible show. Ghoul is coming soon but with two other mediocre bands and the are getting the least play time. Not even worth it since I plan on seeing them at maryland deathfest next year. I live in upstate ny and its just a bunch of metalcore bands here.
TheBamf
Profile Joined June 2011
Denmark366 Posts
September 09 2011 16:21 GMT
#256
Hardly any intresting concerts happening around me either, also SBG is worth checking out by all means.
IM.Nestea | IM.MvP | MvP.DongRaeGu. | Genius | ST.Parting I SlayerS.MMA
trias_e
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States520 Posts
September 09 2011 16:33 GMT
#257


woah thats awesome :D!


Indeed. I've listened to Pure Blood Doom (which is very good), but not Psychotasia. Time to rectify that.
HAUER
Profile Joined April 2010
Denmark208 Posts
September 09 2011 18:32 GMT
#258
Yes, the metalcore thread is awful. Those idiots can't even play their instruments properly and end up doing their retarded gøteborg worship melodies. I feel sick to my stomach. >


(sym): i think of myself as a savant of the internet
TheBamf
Profile Joined June 2011
Denmark366 Posts
September 09 2011 18:48 GMT
#259
Skill does not matter, I am not a fan of metalcore my self either but the general trend of technical = better is silly.

Also <3 on posting Demilich, I never grow tired of Nespithe.
IM.Nestea | IM.MvP | MvP.DongRaeGu. | Genius | ST.Parting I SlayerS.MMA
LoLAdriankat
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4307 Posts
September 09 2011 18:59 GMT
#260
I love me some hybrid death metal

Blackened death metal


Deathgrind
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 24 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1466
WardiTV961
OGKoka 239
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 239
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 8077
Bisu 1951
Shuttle 1078
Horang2 703
Larva 498
Stork 421
EffOrt 412
BeSt 400
actioN 271
Mini 244
[ Show more ]
Mind 137
910 96
Zeus 92
Snow 74
Barracks 64
Mong 62
Shinee 51
hero 49
JYJ 41
ToSsGirL 36
Bale 31
sorry 31
Killer 26
Shine 25
Sexy 25
HiyA 20
Aegong 19
soO 18
zelot 17
scan(afreeca) 14
Free 10
Sacsri 9
Noble 7
Terrorterran 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5344
qojqva2439
Dendi1132
febbydoto28
Counter-Strike
fl0m2683
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko465
Other Games
singsing2861
hiko988
B2W.Neo849
Livibee442
TKL 418
XBOCT269
Hui .221
Liquid`VortiX209
XaKoH 187
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream28
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 24
• mYiSmile110
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 34
• iopq 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3139
• Jankos2211
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
1h 36m
Replay Cast
8h 36m
Afreeca Starleague
19h 36m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
20h 36m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.