• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:58
CEST 03:58
KST 10:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7209 users

Death metal thread - Page 12

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 24 Next All
ZombieNostalgia
Profile Joined March 2011
United States133 Posts
September 03 2011 13:50 GMT
#221
I know this isn't obviously death metal but I find it funny enough and it still has a metal band in it.
http://official.fm/tracks/196155
HAUER
Profile Joined April 2010
Denmark208 Posts
September 03 2011 14:14 GMT
#222
On September 03 2011 22:50 ZombieNostalgia wrote:
I know this isn't obviously death metal but I find it funny enough and it still has a metal band in it.
http://official.fm/tracks/196155


Then why on earth are you posting? This is a _death metal_ thread.







(sym): i think of myself as a savant of the internet
couches
Profile Joined November 2010
618 Posts
September 03 2011 16:40 GMT
#223
ZombieNostalgia
Profile Joined March 2011
United States133 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-03 22:00:02
September 03 2011 21:55 GMT
#224
Because I wanted to. There were plenty of other post that weren't death metal. I've posted plenty of Death metal.Cry some more. It's not like I forced you to click on it. People are so touchy.
ZombieNostalgia
Profile Joined March 2011
United States133 Posts
September 03 2011 22:06 GMT
#225
Also bestial Black/Death from this year. Canada is awesome.
Alvalanker
Profile Joined July 2011
United States253 Posts
September 03 2011 22:17 GMT
#226
Death

Cynic

Between the Buried and Me


That is all.
The fragile art of existence is kept alive by sheer persistence.
Neurosis
Profile Joined October 2010
United States893 Posts
September 03 2011 22:24 GMT
#227
On September 04 2011 07:17 Alvalanker wrote:
Death

Cynic

Between the Buried and Me


That is all.


-_-
TheBamf
Profile Joined June 2011
Denmark366 Posts
September 03 2011 22:26 GMT
#228
On September 03 2011 23:14 HAUER wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 03 2011 22:50 ZombieNostalgia wrote:
I know this isn't obviously death metal but I find it funny enough and it still has a metal band in it.
http://official.fm/tracks/196155
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r70ZMcGkf0A


That song remains the king of doomy death metal IMO, and their best song. God I love it.

On September 04 2011 07:17 Alvalanker wrote:
Death

Cynic

Between the Buried and Me


That is all.

What a great contribution....


I have not been listening to a shit ton of DM lately as Simon & Garfunkel and various other not so metal groups have been occupying my iTunes.. But Cancer has popped up a couple of times, and with good reason:

IM.Nestea | IM.MvP | MvP.DongRaeGu. | Genius | ST.Parting I SlayerS.MMA
Alvalanker
Profile Joined July 2011
United States253 Posts
September 03 2011 22:30 GMT
#229
Well sorry guys here maybe this is a better contribution:

The fragile art of existence is kept alive by sheer persistence.
Alvalanker
Profile Joined July 2011
United States253 Posts
September 03 2011 22:30 GMT
#230
The fragile art of existence is kept alive by sheer persistence.
Citadel.i
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada52 Posts
September 03 2011 22:49 GMT
#231


"A coward thinks he'll always live If it keeps himself from strife, Old age leaves no rest and peace, though spears may spare his life"
TheBamf
Profile Joined June 2011
Denmark366 Posts
September 03 2011 22:53 GMT
#232
I for one never liked Between the Buried and Me, overly melodic sterile band IMO.

Also for a band that mainly plays grindcore Harmony Curroption is sweet!


Same goes for Amorphis though they never played Grindcore they have been going further and further away from their original sound which was pretty killer:
IM.Nestea | IM.MvP | MvP.DongRaeGu. | Genius | ST.Parting I SlayerS.MMA
couches
Profile Joined November 2010
618 Posts
September 04 2011 14:29 GMT
#233
On September 04 2011 07:26 TheBamf wrote:

I have not been listening to a shit ton of DM lately as Simon & Garfunkel and various other not so metal groups have been occupying my iTunes.. But Cancer has popped up a couple of times, and with good reason:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci5cipImWvs

Awww yea. \m/

ZombieNostalgia
Profile Joined March 2011
United States133 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-06 03:41:30
September 06 2011 03:41 GMT
#234
I'm currently listening to the new Opeth album, Heritage. It's really boring so far. Not really memorable. Bland King Crimson worship pretty much. I like some Opeth but their later works really bores me. Blackwater Park is my last liked one. Anyone else listen to it yet? I'm not even going to post a song from it. It's not even metal now. Instead here is some NY Proto-slam. Well, it was slam before slam was a term for music.


TheBamf
Profile Joined June 2011
Denmark366 Posts
September 06 2011 10:21 GMT
#235
Nice, I do enjoy some slam DM, mostly the classics such as Suffocation nad Cryptosy. That was before slam became the most redundant subgenre of DM with most of the pre-2000 releases in the genre imo.
IM.Nestea | IM.MvP | MvP.DongRaeGu. | Genius | ST.Parting I SlayerS.MMA
couches
Profile Joined November 2010
618 Posts
September 06 2011 12:06 GMT
#236
On September 06 2011 12:41 ZombieNostalgia wrote:
I'm currently listening to the new Opeth album, Heritage. It's really boring so far. Not really memorable. Bland King Crimson worship pretty much. I like some Opeth but their later works really bores me. Blackwater Park is my last liked one. Anyone else listen to it yet? I'm not even going to post a song from it. It's not even metal now. Instead here is some NY Proto-slam. Well, it was slam before slam was a term for music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w8d3YPl28M

Ghost Reveries is probably the peak of that style of music they were pushing. It only made sense to evolve like that, especially considering how Watershed was. I really enjoyed Heritage, a shit ton. But I'm not caught up on if it's metal enough or not. And I have vip passes to see them this fall tour.
ZombieNostalgia
Profile Joined March 2011
United States133 Posts
September 06 2011 21:15 GMT
#237
Opeth seemed to kind of drop off after Blackwater park. In my opinion they kind of dragged songs on longer than really needed to be. It just wasn't as interesting to listen to as their older stuff. Heritage really is more of something I can put on and do stuff to. Background music. I'll probably re-listen one more time. But it'll probably be while I'm reading some of my text books.

Turkish DM
FlorisXIV
Profile Joined December 2008
Netherlands15 Posts
September 07 2011 10:33 GMT
#238
This one cracks me up every time, it is from the dutch grindcore band Last Days of humanity, that Bert & Ernie edit is just too funny.

I know it isnt "Death" but still loud



I used to listen to Opeth a lot but lately i dont seem to enjoy their music that much anymore. I find it kinda boring in some way. (apart from some great songs) He still has one of the most epic grunts imo though.

Rediscovering Slayers discography atm :-)
If brute forse doesn't solve your problems you're not using enough!
gravethrasher
Profile Joined October 2010
Norway89 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-07 12:20:50
September 07 2011 12:17 GMT
#239
Adventurekid
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Sweden505 Posts
September 07 2011 20:01 GMT
#240
Have anybody heard Megaslaughter :D? Recently read about them in a swedish metal/rock magazine. I looked them up at youtube and got really suprised. Its awesome :D!


You should build a turtle fence!
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 24 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings120
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 162
ProTech148
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 311
Bale 19
Terrorterran 19
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm229
League of Legends
Doublelift5843
JimRising 738
Counter-Strike
minikerr26
taco 11
Other Games
summit1g12146
C9.Mang0347
PiLiPiLi12
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1069
BasetradeTV164
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream46
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP160
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
8h 2m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
9h 2m
Monday Night Weeklies
14h 2m
Replay Cast
21h 2m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 8h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 9h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 22h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.