• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:23
CEST 14:23
KST 21:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8699 users

General Discussion - Page 380

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 378 379 380 381 382 6534 Next
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2

Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads.
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
April 12 2012 11:55 GMT
#7581
On April 12 2012 20:52 greggy wrote:
pro_pinoy11

oh dearie me

yeah he said "mama rapier" when i two-shotted him after i got my rapier lol cute :p
POGGERS
Vallelol
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany1046 Posts
April 12 2012 12:28 GMT
#7582
Unwritten Rules of Dota2:


1). I have infinite amount of time before the game to use the bathroom, but will wait 10 seconds before creep spawns to pause and ask for a second.

2). I will random and bitch about picks.

3). I will pick agility and bitch about support

4). I will pick support and bitch about mid

5). If you tell me I did something wrong, I will mute you. I must proclaim publicity I muted you, because I could just as easily let you waste your breath for the next 10 minutes, but that requires too much of a brain.

6). Bloodseeker double-lane: works miracles.

7). I will choose to get slammed by pulls, but at least I have 200 more starting gold

8). I threaten ‘Mid or Feed’, then go mid and feed, but not on purpose as I originally threatened.

9). I saw Lycan go into the woods. Not sure what he’s doing there. Lets check in about 10 minutes.

10). I am mad about someone; if you report a player, I will commend you.

11). I will copy a KingRaven classic of pausing right before someone dies and type an insult.

12). Pudge hook doesn’t reach that far, I know it f…..

13). I lost because team is stupid. I made no mistakes.

14). I will sit top, and watch enemies walk past wards, and assume I have enough time to escape.

15). In my mind, the list of games Gentleman play are: Polo, Golf, Cricket and DotA 2 – please watch the manners.

16). Forfeiting is for the mentally weak and uncompetitive. I’d rather waste 10 minutes more on a game instead of re-queuing.

17). I will taunt my opponents before I start losing, then I’m too cool for the game and have better things to do.



http://www.dotallyrad.com/2012/04/the-unwritten-rules-of-dota-2/
Stancel
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Singapore15360 Posts
April 12 2012 13:04 GMT
#7583
On April 12 2012 20:37 konadora wrote:
so i uh decided to troll around a bit
[image loading]

felt bad but good :p

btw if the team isn't going for push early on, i felt that balancing out dragon's blood and dragon's breath and skipping the ult was much better in controlling the lane


looks like a smurf, since I'm guessing a lot of people, in SEA at least, got more keys :S
ffxiv enjoyer
tripledoubles
Profile Joined May 2011
Australia213 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-12 13:37:08
April 12 2012 13:36 GMT
#7584
I have recently been finding games are a lot more fun and balanced, maybe its coz im getting into the 200 wins mark and high level bracket, but I feel its because of the recent influx in keys means the searches for people arent as wide
Dattish
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Sweden6297 Posts
April 12 2012 13:45 GMT
#7585
--- Nuked ---
zeehar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Korea (South)3804 Posts
April 12 2012 13:58 GMT
#7586
On April 12 2012 20:52 greggy wrote:
pro_pinoy11

oh dearie me


but he almost got a manta!!!
I AM THE UNIVERSAL CONSTANT
Slardar
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada7596 Posts
April 12 2012 14:08 GMT
#7587
Carry Tidehunter is best Tidehunter. ^^
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
April 12 2012 14:11 GMT
#7588
On April 12 2012 23:08 Slardar wrote:
Carry Tidehunter is best Tidehunter. ^^

lol

BTW funny thing is, I went back and looked at the game before that--the enemy Tide was actually building damage items later on because I don't think he knew what to build after Blink (him getting BKB confused the hell out of me).
Moderator
tripledoubles
Profile Joined May 2011
Australia213 Posts
April 12 2012 14:18 GMT
#7589
On April 12 2012 20:37 konadora wrote:
so i uh decided to troll around a bit
[image loading]

felt bad but good :p

btw if the team isn't going for push early on, i felt that balancing out dragon's blood and dragon's breath and skipping the ult was much better in controlling the lane


strong cs/10
rabidch
Profile Joined January 2010
United States20289 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-12 14:21:51
April 12 2012 14:21 GMT
#7590
On April 12 2012 20:37 konadora wrote:
so i uh decided to troll around a bit
[image loading]

felt bad but good :p

btw if the team isn't going for push early on, i felt that balancing out dragon's blood and dragon's breath and skipping the ult was much better in controlling the lane

dragon tail range increase on dragon form is invaluable for doing and responding to ganks
LiquidDota StaffOnly a true king can play the King.
Slomo
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany7198 Posts
April 12 2012 14:42 GMT
#7591
Are the bots already fitted with a balancing system? Everytime I get a lot of farm and kills they start to feed the enemies. :D
RIP DOUBLE TI OG | #18 never forget
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
April 12 2012 14:43 GMT
#7592
Dragon Tail 400 range in Dragon Form is the stupidest shit ever, I have no idea why it was buffed like that and I am actually suprised that Dragon Knight isn't picked up more in Dota 2, he has Push, he has Antipush, he has lategame potential, he can lane Mid, he can do whatever the fuck he wants really.

Also, as MMR goes up indeed I feel like I can (almost) comfortably play support because my lanemates will be a fairly competent and if you have a good matchup against a nongood matchup, you will absolutely dominate the lane.
WriterXiao8~~
cilinder007
Profile Joined August 2010
Slovenia7251 Posts
April 12 2012 14:46 GMT
#7593
but you can never really know how good you lane partner will be so you have to play passive or risk him not folowing up and you end up losing the lane
Percutio
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1672 Posts
April 12 2012 15:11 GMT
#7594
On April 12 2012 23:43 Kipsate wrote:
Dragon Tail 400 range in Dragon Form is the stupidest shit ever, I have no idea why it was buffed like that and I am actually suprised that Dragon Knight isn't picked up more in Dota 2, he has Push, he has Antipush, he has lategame potential, he can lane Mid, he can do whatever the fuck he wants really.

Also, as MMR goes up indeed I feel like I can (almost) comfortably play support because my lanemates will be a fairly competent and if you have a good matchup against a nongood matchup, you will absolutely dominate the lane.

I love dragon knight and I think he is really good, but he really isn't even something you have to counter while he does have counters (Minus armor, naix, OD). In other words, as long as you don't get dominated by the push (Which he shouldn't be the defining factor for), other carries can do more than fine against him with items. I do feel that he is really strong with items and a somewhat quick level 16. His core is gotten pretty fast and a lot of other carries don't have enough damage to kill him at that point. This is exaggerated by tower advantages which he can effectively help his team get. I love to see him in teams with strong semi carries, especially something like a Leshrac or Queen of Pain.
What does it matter how I loose it?
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-12 15:27:56
April 12 2012 15:18 GMT
#7595
Dragon Knight quite simply is the most well-rounded carry in the game as of 6.74.

He's strong in lane, a strong teamfighter at all stages of the game, a strong pusher, has a short-CD disable, has both AoE physical and magical damage, is ranged while also being very tanky...he's just very well-rounded. He may not be the "strongest" carry (whatever the hell that means), but he's a safe pick because of how versatile he is and how good he is at whatever tempo your team wants to play to.

On April 13 2012 00:11 Percutio wrote:
I love dragon knight and I think he is really good, but he really isn't even something you have to counter while he does have counters (Minus armor, naix, OD). In other words, as long as you don't get dominated by the push (Which he shouldn't be the defining factor for), other carries can do more than fine against him with items. I do feel that he is really strong with items and a somewhat quick level 16. His core is gotten pretty fast and a lot of other carries don't have enough damage to kill him at that point. This is exaggerated by tower advantages which he can effectively help his team get. I love to see him in teams with strong semi carries, especially something like a Leshrac or Queen of Pain.

I'm not sure how -armor and Na'ix counter Dragon Knight more than they do any other carry in the game. Both are naturally strong against heroes that have a lot of HP and very little armor--and having not enough armor is definitely not one of Dragon Knight's problems.

Dragon Knight gets picked/banned quite a bit in SEA/Chinese play (he just barely doesn't make the banlist in Chinese DotA 1, but without a lot of the high bans in the DotA 2 pool, he's very easily a bannable hero in this context). The only reason I can see for western teams not using him is simply just not having enough experience with the hero (there was that 1-2 week period a while back where everyone tried Dragon Knight, and then suddenly stopped, but in general, play on him seemed really unrefined.
Moderator
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
April 12 2012 15:32 GMT
#7596
Yango always says what I want to say in a better fashion.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
Kiante
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7069 Posts
April 12 2012 15:34 GMT
#7597
=.= kona.....cant believe you'd waste a key making a smurf account. is stomping noobies really that important? the games are in the end unsatisfying compared to winning a game against people your own level, and you denied another person getting into the beta. should've done what i did with my spare key, i was in a dota stream chat, and i was like, "if someone can prove to me that they play dota 1 actively right now i'll give you a key"

some guy ss'd himself logged into his playdota.eu account and linked me to the stats showing him playing 5+ games a day, gave him the key gg no re. a person who's been hanging out for a key and not getting any luck gets one and you get to feel good about yourself for a few minutes
Writer
Percutio
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1672 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-12 15:47:49
April 12 2012 15:38 GMT
#7598
EG was using him a lot for a while. Also -armor is more efficient the closer to 0 you get it, so with DK's high armor and that being one of his strengths I find it is particularly effective. Na'ix is particularly good for similar reasons with DK's tankiness helping Nai'x out. Obviously they are both good things against other carries, but just particularly good against DK as it targets his strengths specifically. That would be my reasoning for that and I also feel that playing against any of those as DK makes it more difficult. Slardar with his minus armor feels difficult more so than Na'ix even because I feel like DK has breathing room against Na'ix like he does against any other particularly hard carry who needs lots of items while Slardar just ults you and you take a ton of extra damage, removing your passive armor bonus and then some sucks especially when it is a feature of your hero.

I still wouldn't consider those reasons to not play him as I feel like he is still strong enough to be really useful even against those things which give him trouble, but I feel like the counters are a smart way to deal with or manage Dragon Knight's carrying power, particularly when he is getting big and slower peaking carries still need farm towards the mid game.
What does it matter how I loose it?
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-12 15:45:23
April 12 2012 15:42 GMT
#7599
On April 13 2012 00:18 TheYango wrote:
Dragon Knight quite simply is the most well-rounded carry in the game as of 6.74.

He's strong in lane, a strong teamfighter at all stages of the game, a strong pusher, has a short-CD disable, has both AoE physical and magical damage, is ranged while also being very tanky...he's just very well-rounded. He may not be the "strongest" carry (whatever the hell that means), but he's a safe pick because of how versatile he is and how good he is at whatever tempo your team wants to play to.

Show nested quote +
On April 13 2012 00:11 Percutio wrote:
I love dragon knight and I think he is really good, but he really isn't even something you have to counter while he does have counters (Minus armor, naix, OD). In other words, as long as you don't get dominated by the push (Which he shouldn't be the defining factor for), other carries can do more than fine against him with items. I do feel that he is really strong with items and a somewhat quick level 16. His core is gotten pretty fast and a lot of other carries don't have enough damage to kill him at that point. This is exaggerated by tower advantages which he can effectively help his team get. I love to see him in teams with strong semi carries, especially something like a Leshrac or Queen of Pain.

I'm not sure how -armor and Na'ix counter Dragon Knight more than they do any other carry in the game. Both are naturally strong against heroes that have a lot of HP and very little armor--and having not enough armor is definitely not one of Dragon Knight's problems.

Dragon Knight gets picked/banned quite a bit in SEA/Chinese play (he just barely doesn't make the banlist in Chinese DotA 1, but without a lot of the high bans in the DotA 2 pool, he's very easily a bannable hero in this context). The only reason I can see for western teams not using him is simply just not having enough experience with the hero (there was that 1-2 week period a while back where everyone tried Dragon Knight, and then suddenly stopped, but in general, play on him seemed really unrefined.


It seems to me like Western metagame isn't so much about what is strong, merely what is the flavour of the week.

On April 13 2012 00:38 Percutio wrote:
EG was using him a lot for a while. Also -armor is more efficient the closer to 0 you get it, so with DK's high armor and that being one of his strengths I find it is particularly effective. Na'ix is particularly good for similar reasons with DK's tankiness helping Nai'x out. Obviously they are both good things against other carries, but just particularly good against DK as it targets his strengths specifically. That would be my reasoning for that and I also feel that playing against any of those as DK makes it more difficult. Slardar with his minus armor feels difficult more so than Na'ix even because I feel like DK has breathing room against Na'ix like he does against any other particularly hard carry who needs lots of items while Slardar just ults you and you take a ton of extra damage.

I still wouldn't consider those reasons to not play him as I feel like he is still strong enough to be really useful even against those things which give him trouble, but I feel like the counters are a smart way to deal with Dragon Knight's carrying power.


I don't really understand what you saying. Slardar is good against almost any carry if your team has physical damage. How does your first sentence make sense. You are saying minus armour is better the closer you get your enemy armour to 0 and thus DK with _High_ armour is worse vs it then a carry with not as high armour? Surely having _High_ armour against anti armour is in fact a bonus added to the fact that DK is a strength hero which means his HP pool is naturally higher than agility carries. I fail to see how -armour is better against DK than other carries.


TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
April 12 2012 15:44 GMT
#7600
TBH I think it's much easier for DK to abuse the fact that Na'ix has no AoE creep clearing power and is weak at at shoving lanes/defending pushes than it is for Na'ix to abuse the fact that DK is tanky.
Moderator
Prev 1 378 379 380 381 382 6534 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 1009
WardiTV503
OGKoka 237
Rex145
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko386
mouzHeroMarine 328
OGKoka 237
Rex 145
ProTech136
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2174
Larva 1495
Horang2 1444
Shuttle 986
EffOrt 702
BeSt 514
Soma 495
Mini 279
Hyuk 255
Stork 202
[ Show more ]
Light 186
ZerO 184
Rush 126
ggaemo 125
Zeus 120
Killer 83
Barracks 71
Hyun 69
Sea.KH 46
ToSsGirL 30
Shinee 28
Bale 27
Yoon 25
Mong 24
PianO 20
Aegong 19
Shine 17
Sexy 15
sorry 15
ajuk12(nOOB) 15
soO 14
Sacsri 14
zelot 12
Noble 10
HiyA 10
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Dendi1690
qojqva762
BananaSlamJamma177
LuMiX1
League of Legends
KnowMe34
Counter-Strike
x6flipin429
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes272
Other Games
singsing2165
olofmeister1693
B2W.Neo534
XaKoH 228
Sick224
Pyrionflax200
hiko186
ArmadaUGS74
Mew2King47
ZerO(Twitch)4
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream558
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 11
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH302
• StrangeGG 27
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2087
Other Games
• WagamamaTV209
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
3h 37m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
21h 37m
Afreeca Starleague
21h 37m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 11h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 22h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.