• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:35
CEST 00:35
KST 07:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8898 users

Russian Cyber Games 2020 - Page 2

Forum Index > Closed
390 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 18 19 20 Next All
2Pacalypse-
Profile Joined October 2006
Croatia9565 Posts
January 29 2020 13:19 GMT
#21
Very nice! I might actually try to go to this one as an observer.

Hopefully we get another ~$6k in donations so we get another event next year as well!
Moderator"We're a community of geniuses because we've found how to extract 95% of the feeling of doing something amazing without actually doing anything." - Chill
M3t4PhYzX
Profile Joined March 2019
Poland4290 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-01-29 13:27:32
January 29 2020 13:25 GMT
#22
On January 29 2020 21:37 Jukado wrote:
Rus_Brain would you be interested in using (4)Clay Fields and (4)Bubbles instead of cb and fs? New decade, new maps?
Check out Dewalt casting Korean players on these maps here:



Clay Fields okay.. but its still FS 2.0 basically..

but Bubbles is just reskinned FS man :D + one more bridge at each corner

Map pool will probably change for the main tournament anways.
blackmanpl
Profile Blog Joined January 2017
68 Posts
January 29 2020 13:35 GMT
#23
Polandball got favours in russian mafia, a separate tournament for poland is a pleasant surprise.
ZZZero.O
Profile Joined July 2011
Poland1624 Posts
January 29 2020 14:22 GMT
#24
That's really fantastic ! I had pleasure to be in Moscow on previous edition of this amazing tournament, and I can only recommend everyone to come and have fun - It's very well organized tournament with unique climate !
https://www.patreon.com/Bombastic || https://liquipedia.net/starcraft/Bombastic_StarLeague || https://linktr.ee/bombastic
Cele
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Germany4016 Posts
January 29 2020 16:13 GMT
#25
On January 29 2020 22:19 2Pacalypse- wrote:
Very nice! I might actually try to go to this one as an observer.

Hopefully we get another ~$6k in donations so we get another event next year as well!


If you come, i look forward to meet you as hopefully i'll be able to attend this year too (:
Broodwar for life!
fLyiNgDroNe
Profile Joined September 2005
Belgium4132 Posts
January 29 2020 16:19 GMT
#26
Bring Artosis! I'll try my best to come too, this is epic shit!
Drone is a way of living
LUCKY_NOOB
Profile Blog Joined June 2013
Bulgaria1616 Posts
January 29 2020 17:17 GMT
#27
Will there be some free codes to donate?
ko-fi.com/luckynoob
Hirmu
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Finland850 Posts
January 29 2020 18:09 GMT
#28
Very sick!!!! THANKS BRAIN!
LML
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
Germany1798 Posts
January 29 2020 20:41 GMT
#29
You must register an account with a tag RCG20- (in example RCG20-Brain, or RCG20-Largo) on any Battle.net realm and send a short email to the secretary@esport.fund:

Your full name
Your cell phone
An ID you created
Your Battle.net realm


wtf is that though? Requesting that of people who qualify, sure. But anyone who signs up? Data protection laws exist for the very good reason of not asking for arbitrary information without proper business use.
LML
Rus_Brain
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Russian Federation1894 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-01-29 21:38:46
January 29 2020 21:38 GMT
#30
On January 30 2020 05:41 LML wrote:
Show nested quote +
You must register an account with a tag RCG20- (in example RCG20-Brain, or RCG20-Largo) on any Battle.net realm and send a short email to the secretary@esport.fund:

Your full name
Your cell phone
An ID you created
Your Battle.net realm


wtf is that though? Requesting that of people who qualify, sure. But anyone who signs up? Data protection laws exist for the very good reason of not asking for arbitrary information without proper business use.

Based on past year experience, proactive measures are necessary to run the tournament smooth and clear, without any disturbance, which is a proper business use.
I belive the reputation so far earned justifies the risk of revealing personal data. If otherwise, one may wish to watch the tournament without revealing anything.
patyrykin.net
LML
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
Germany1798 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-01-29 22:26:04
January 29 2020 22:22 GMT
#31
Personally it will keep me from participating, as I don't want to give my name + phone number away like that. That's PII and shouldn't be asked to participate in a tournament.
I could understand having a non-smurf policy asking unknown players to provide proof of residence if they're performing well in the ladder stage (before its conclusion). But this way you're basically just gathering personal information.
LML
Tarmak_mk
Profile Joined May 2004
Macedonia410 Posts
January 29 2020 23:47 GMT
#32
amazing, wish you guys gl
OctoberZerg
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10396 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-01-29 23:57:22
January 29 2020 23:55 GMT
#33
Hey so I was born in the Soviet Union then I lived and was citizen of Russia then I lived in Austria, Germany, and Holland in that order before moving back to Russia then I moved to the United States and became a naturalized citizen before going back to Russia a few times and then I played while I was on vacation in Aruba, I also developed MacauLauncher, but then I played in the Russian team for ICCup Nation Wars on the B team, and then after that I had an account first from Thailand then Japan then Greece, so can I play for a South American spot in the qualifier because I like Latino women?

PS. Can't send address or copy of passport or personal information because it is against the law of Borneo and Papua New Guinea.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
XenOsky
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Chile2358 Posts
January 30 2020 03:55 GMT
#34
Rus brain #1
ἡ τῆς Νεμέσεως τάξις
Rus_Brain
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Russian Federation1894 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-01-30 05:19:59
January 30 2020 05:14 GMT
#35
On January 30 2020 08:55 Jealous wrote:
Hey so I was born in the Soviet Union then I lived and was citizen of Russia then I lived in Austria, Germany, and Holland in that order before moving back to Russia then I moved to the United States and became a naturalized citizen before going back to Russia a few times and then I played while I was on vacation in Aruba, I also developed MacauLauncher, but then I played in the Russian team for ICCup Nation Wars on the B team, and then after that I had an account first from Thailand then Japan then Greece, so can I play for a South American spot in the qualifier because I like Latino women?

PS. Can't send address or copy of passport or personal information because it is against the law of Borneo and Papua New Guinea.
;D


On January 30 2020 07:22 LML wrote:
Personally it will keep me from participating, as I don't want to give my name + phone number away like that. That's PII and shouldn't be asked to participate in a tournament.
I could understand having a non-smurf policy asking unknown players to provide proof of residence if they're performing well in the ladder stage (before its conclusion). But this way you're basically just gathering personal information.
This is what you can technically do - start laddering as is, and closer to the end day decide whether to share or not if you belive you can qualify.
+ Show Spoiler +
So passport copy and proof or residence is okay, but a name and phone is GDPR LAW BREACH?
...I don't know what to say.
patyrykin.net
LML
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
Germany1798 Posts
January 30 2020 07:05 GMT
#36
On January 30 2020 14:14 Rus_Brain wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2020 08:55 Jealous wrote:
Hey so I was born in the Soviet Union then I lived and was citizen of Russia then I lived in Austria, Germany, and Holland in that order before moving back to Russia then I moved to the United States and became a naturalized citizen before going back to Russia a few times and then I played while I was on vacation in Aruba, I also developed MacauLauncher, but then I played in the Russian team for ICCup Nation Wars on the B team, and then after that I had an account first from Thailand then Japan then Greece, so can I play for a South American spot in the qualifier because I like Latino women?

PS. Can't send address or copy of passport or personal information because it is against the law of Borneo and Papua New Guinea.
;D


Show nested quote +
On January 30 2020 07:22 LML wrote:
Personally it will keep me from participating, as I don't want to give my name + phone number away like that. That's PII and shouldn't be asked to participate in a tournament.
I could understand having a non-smurf policy asking unknown players to provide proof of residence if they're performing well in the ladder stage (before its conclusion). But this way you're basically just gathering personal information.
This is what you can technically do - start laddering as is, and closer to the end day decide whether to share or not if you belive you can qualify.
+ Show Spoiler +
So passport copy and proof or residence is okay, but a name and phone is GDPR LAW BREACH?
...I don't know what to say.


The OP makes it look like people need to immediately provide name and phone number when they make an account, and your previous reply makes it sound the same.
Your latest reply only makes it sound like it's required at the end of the ladder stage, but before you said it's used to weed out players proactively. Which way is it now? Obviously anyone who wants to just play can send bogus information which defies the method and only has the honest players give away private information.
And no, passport data would obviously be even worse!
LML
Rus_Brain
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Russian Federation1894 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-01-30 08:00:18
January 30 2020 07:58 GMT
#37
On January 30 2020 16:05 LML wrote:
The OP makes it look like people need to immediately provide name and phone number when they make an account, and your previous reply makes it sound the same.
Your latest reply only makes it sound like it's required at the end of the ladder stage, but before you said it's used to weed out players proactively. Which way is it now? Obviously anyone who wants to just play can send bogus information which defies the method and only has the honest players give away private information.
And no, passport data would obviously be even worse!
If you are so much good lawyer citing GDPR then you must be very well aware of what may happen with you when you are misrepresenting something with "bogus" information.

Regarding your very important comment on what should and what should not be asked to participate in a tournament, you should have to:
  • Tell your name,
  • Tell your age,
  • Tell your address,
  • Show your passport
when you were about to sign up for WCG back these days. At least this is what was the case in Russia.

If you want to play, but you are worried about revealing your precious name and your red line cell phone, I haven't any chance to forbid you making the RCG20-Nickname account, have I? The only thing is that I won't admit you to qualify to the national stage if I get the info after the ladder stage results are announced, even despite your MMR is more than those of Flash. You are just late.

If you want to follow the tournament and watch, please be the guest. If you need visa support, please just PM me any time (although I will ask for your name and cell phone, sic!)

If you want to talk and theorize. You may wish to test your luck and send bogus information. By no means I encourage you to do that.
patyrykin.net
LML
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
Germany1798 Posts
January 30 2020 08:48 GMT
#38
I've never claimed to want to send bogus information myself. But those who are not eligible to play (like Koreans for example) wouldn't be affected by that anyway. I've also never claimed to be a lawyer or know the GDPR laws by heart. Just that requesting this information simply to sign up for the ladder is a bit much to ask (that's what the OP implies afterall).

So from your latest post I understand that the information is only needed at the end of the ladder stage (right before its conclusion) of the players who are about to qualify?
That would obviously make a huge difference.
LML
BulgarianToss
Profile Joined May 2011
Bulgaria495 Posts
January 30 2020 10:31 GMT
#39
I am with LML on this one, because my reaction when i saw the sign up requirement was absolutely the same. You don't really need that information before the official results from the online tournaments are in. I would be surprised if any of these players after having qualified take more than a few hours to provide their personal info in preparation for the stay in Russia. The tournaments are completed when, end of May, early June? It's a few months time to prepare the Visa, accommodation, etc. I don't want this to sound like i don't appreciate the effort, but this is something to take into consideration (my opinion).
music is the best thing in the world
asel
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Germany1605 Posts
January 30 2020 11:19 GMT
#40
Great event! Thank you, Rus_Brain! If you need any advice on GDPR feel free to contact me
eSTRO for life | #3 Sea.Really fan! | GGoliath! | aeterna societas honoris | cbta~ | Flash makes Terran look like Toss | aka RevaL
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 18 19 20 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O164
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 514
ZZZero.O 164
Hyun 91
Dota 2
monkeys_forever302
League of Legends
Doublelift3734
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4531
Liquid`Hasu492
Other Games
summit1g12903
FrodaN1622
JimRising 332
KnowMe229
Livibee199
ViBE75
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick731
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 123
• Adnapsc2 38
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix5
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra772
Other Games
• imaqtpie1045
• Shiphtur559
• tFFMrPink 10
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 25m
Patches Events
16h 25m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 25m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 25m
OSC
1d
OSC
1d 13h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.