• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:11
CEST 16:11
KST 23:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8857 users

Russian Cyber Games 2020 - Page 19

Forum Index > Closed
390 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 Next All
Cele
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Germany4016 Posts
July 26 2020 17:59 GMT
#361
On July 26 2020 16:16 Rus_Brain wrote:
Regarding us Reid Melton being RCG 2020 English caster, following "Harassment/Abuse in StarCraft 2" thread here on tl.net

1st of all, I do take rumors and public topics seriously when they can impact my team or my own reputation. For the reason I take rumors seriously, I allowed myself an extended timeout to let everyone come down. For the reason I do care, I believe I should respond properly.

2nd, I do believe Rapid did as a complete morron.

Before making a proper decision, I have had conversations with other guys and girls (who's identities is my sole liberty not to say), and the sole verdict is that Rapid deserves punishment. Yet, making your life's dumbest actions known to thousands of people who know you is a very good punishment alone.

Perhaps, what he does deserve best is a good (perhaps face damaging) talk with a girl's dad or elder brother.

However, most community members who speak from tl.net tribune are bloodthirsty. Admins of some groups do follow public opinion. Some of these, for example, made Rapid's casting career further impossible. I won't immediately follow. I find it quite an Orwell's crime thought police response, black-and-white of whether one is guilty or not, and thus, is free to go, or should be electric chaired immediately. No defense, no jury, no probation.

Luckily enough, court responses are still weighted to a level of guilt more than to a public noise. One left free, another gets a sentence. Yet, a third one can get a suspended sentence. This means one is free to go, subject to a further breach of probation conditions will get him barred for an extended term. For this reason, I won't expel Rapid from the tournament cast. I leave a chance to regain credibility. As a probation condition, Rapid is coming to Russia at his own expense.

I do respect that it may be troublesome watching Rapid's stream for someone. I find it a solid decision to make a choice of two English streams. Yet, I urge you to respect the depth of my pockets and cover the cost difference. Rapid's flight tickets are $400, and he has a three-year Russian visa done. Check the air flight fare of the one you offer, add ~$200 gross visa expenses, less $400 and you will get the part due from you.


i support the decision made by you here Rus_Brain, for the general public i'd also like to elaborate a bit on why i do:

When i first read the thread about the sexual misconduct by Rapid and others, my first intention was to say "let us wait until Rapid posts his side of the story before we make up our mind; at that point it was barely 72 hours or so after the thread was opened. I usually like to make up my own mind after i know all the relevant facts.

At this point, obviously also because apparently rapid did not deny the allegations when he talked to you, it seems obvious he did those things. From what i understood, he sent unsolicited Picks of his Dick to multiple women and tried to "flirt" with them in a way that can only be described as very inappropriate and very creepy.

To be clear, condemn that harshly, as every reasonable person would do. Another thing i observed when interacting in the above linked thread is that your statement

However, most community members who speak from tl.net tribune are bloodthirsty. Admins of some groups do follow public opinion. Some of these, for example, made Rapid's casting career further impossible. I won't immediately follow. I find it quite an Orwell's crime thought police response, black-and-white of whether one is guilty or not, and thus, is free to go, or should be electric chaired immediately. No defense, no jury, no probation.


is very true. A lot a people actually did not care to ask if there was a second side of the story when it was still a very reasonable thing to ask and the same people do not care to wage their understandable outrage against the damage that the punishment asked by them means to a person who earns his livelyhood by casting.

Im was no friend of Rapid before these facts became known or anything and i don't have a too good opinion about him know, but i strongly believe the "punishment" should be reasonable in relation to the offense. Rapids reputation isalready very tarnished by this point, it will take him a long time to get up his feet in this job again. You withdrew the privilege of covering his expenditures but don't exclude him directly. Strikes me as a fair decision.

Thats just my very personal opinion on the matter.
Broodwar for life!
Rus_Brain
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Russian Federation1894 Posts
September 11 2020 18:02 GMT
#362
Any observers who would like to come are encouraged to contact me for visa assistance.
patyrykin.net
thislooksgreat1
Profile Joined January 2020
59 Posts
September 12 2020 06:59 GMT
#363
Do we have a stream today?
QuadroX
Profile Joined August 2017
386 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-09-12 07:51:54
September 12 2020 07:51 GMT
#364
On July 26 2020 21:48 Jealous wrote:
I don't need a Visa and I cast in English 😏

Interesting decision concerning Rapid, hope it plays out well for you, the organization, and the tournament.


Means you’re coming as an observer right? No excuse.
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10388 Posts
September 12 2020 13:53 GMT
#365
On September 12 2020 16:51 QuadroX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2020 21:48 Jealous wrote:
I don't need a Visa and I cast in English 😏

Interesting decision concerning Rapid, hope it plays out well for you, the organization, and the tournament.


Means you’re coming as an observer right? No excuse.

Sponsor me 😂

If they don't let us out of the country I will pay you back haha.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Dknight
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
United States5225 Posts
September 12 2020 16:49 GMT
#366
Who is casting the other English stream? Have no interest at all watching Rapid cast.
WGT<3. Former CL/NW head admin.
iloveav
Profile Joined November 2008
Poland1483 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-09-13 05:43:01
September 13 2020 05:37 GMT
#367
This is the offline tournament?
I mean the on starting in 20 mins
aka LRM)Cats_Paw.
GeckoXp
Profile Blog Joined June 2013
Germany2016 Posts
September 13 2020 09:02 GMT
#368
the event prolly didnt get deleted
it should have been moved to december
iloveav
Profile Joined November 2008
Poland1483 Posts
September 13 2020 09:17 GMT
#369
On September 13 2020 18:02 GeckoXp wrote:
the event prolly didnt get deleted
it should have been moved to december


Oh, thx man :D
aka LRM)Cats_Paw.
Ty2
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United States1434 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-09-21 07:27:51
September 21 2020 07:27 GMT
#370
--- Nuked ---
Writer
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10861 Posts
September 21 2020 07:37 GMT
#371
On September 21 2020 16:27 Ty2 wrote:
Hello, I'd like to formally announce my withdrawal from RCG 2020 after corresponding with Rus_Brain. This comes right after my unfortunate W.O. in BSL10. In the best interest of not wanting to repeat this occurrence in current circumstances, I leave my spot for someone more capable of going. Best of luck to RCG competitors/organizers.

Oh no... well, I can take your spot for you if you want. =P
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
pebble444
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Italy2503 Posts
September 21 2020 11:52 GMT
#372
On September 13 2020 14:37 iloveav wrote:
This is the offline tournament?
I mean the on starting in 20 mins



On July 16 2020 04:22 Rus_Brain wrote:
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
Grand Final Event postponed, and will be held on December 5, 2020 ~ December 6, 2020.

"Awaken my Child, and embrace the Glory that is your Birthright"
QuadroX
Profile Joined August 2017
386 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-09-21 18:57:49
September 21 2020 18:57 GMT
#373
On September 21 2020 16:27 Ty2 wrote:
Hello, I'd like to formally announce my withdrawal from RCG 2020 after corresponding with Rus_Brain. This comes right after my unfortunate W.O. in BSL10. In the best interest of not wanting to repeat this occurrence in current circumstances, I leave my spot for someone more capable of going. Best of luck to RCG competitors/organizers.


That's unfortunate. Will there be another qualifier or top 3 goes instead?
Rus_Brain
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Russian Federation1894 Posts
September 22 2020 07:05 GMT
#374
On September 21 2020 16:27 Ty2 wrote:
Hello, I'd like to formally announce my withdrawal from RCG 2020 after corresponding with Rus_Brain. This comes right after my unfortunate W.O. in BSL10. In the best interest of not wanting to repeat this occurrence in current circumstances, I leave my spot for someone more capable of going. Best of luck to RCG competitors/organizers.
us Ty2 swapped for ca DragOn.
patyrykin.net
kogeT
Profile Joined September 2013
Poland2042 Posts
September 22 2020 09:52 GMT
#375
On September 22 2020 16:05 Rus_Brain wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 21 2020 16:27 Ty2 wrote:
Hello, I'd like to formally announce my withdrawal from RCG 2020 after corresponding with Rus_Brain. This comes right after my unfortunate W.O. in BSL10. In the best interest of not wanting to repeat this occurrence in current circumstances, I leave my spot for someone more capable of going. Best of luck to RCG competitors/organizers.
us Ty2 swapped for ca DragOn.


Welcome to the party Dragon!
https://www.twitch.tv/kogetbw
FyRe_DragOn
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Canada2057 Posts
October 03 2020 16:57 GMT
#376
I was invited to replace Ty2, however after some consideration I decided that I will not go. With the current plans to play in December, I think it is too risky for me to be travelling to Russia given the current covid19 situation. Thanks anyway, and GL
aka DragOn[NaS]
M3t4PhYzX
Profile Joined March 2019
Poland4289 Posts
October 04 2020 07:52 GMT
#377
ugh..
Ziggy
Profile Blog Joined June 2013
South Korea2107 Posts
October 04 2020 11:02 GMT
#378
just ~25 more ppl need to decline and im going aww yiss its all coming together
WriterDefeating a sandwich only makes it tastier. @imjustziggy
Rus_Brain
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Russian Federation1894 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-10-09 14:57:13
October 09 2020 14:40 GMT
#379
Dear Players and Fans,

This has been a long-lasting discussion with all pros and cons carefully analyzed, however, I'd like to save most of your time, and I will be short.

It is very uncertain to host Offline Grand Final in Moscow during December 5~6 without the risk of having half of the participants left without entry permission.

My team of admins and I are converting RCG 2020 into a pure online tournament.
I beg your pardon for not being able to fulfill part of this year's promise, yet, the circumstances are beyond my control and by far exceed my reserves.

Mr. Dawid ZZZero Pazdzior will help me with online stuff, being the best online tournament host out there.

Further updates pending.

Cheers,
RB


+ Show Spoiler +
P.S. I've spoken to ca DragOn, and he will still play, considering this is an online event now.
patyrykin.net
Bonyth
Profile Joined August 2010
Poland619 Posts
October 09 2020 14:57 GMT
#380
The introvertic part of me is happy that i don't need to move to outside world, but i'm also really sad that i won't be able to see everyone face to face, which is why LAN events are so unique.

Sincere thanks to Rus Brain for the continuous support and interest in StarCraft scene.
As for us players and viewers, let's make our best to promote Russian Cyber Games as much as possible.
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
IntoTheiNu 645
ComeBackTV 404
SteadfastSC280
Rex129
CosmosSc2 49
EnkiAlexander 37
LiquipediaDiscussion
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 280
ProTech134
Rex 129
CosmosSc2 49
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 56954
Jaedong 1481
firebathero 1294
Hyuk 812
EffOrt 675
Soma 641
Horang2 495
Soulkey 484
Mini 473
BeSt 458
[ Show more ]
Last 328
Larva 319
ZerO 297
Zeus 264
Stork 260
Rush 228
Light 191
Snow 167
ggaemo 156
Killer 77
hero 70
Mind 62
Pusan 48
Free 45
Sharp 37
Shinee 35
Shine 30
JYJ 25
Bale 23
sorry 22
ToSsGirL 21
Terrorterran 18
HiyA 16
yabsab 13
Trap 12
Noble 10
Sacsri 8
Rock 8
Dota 2
Gorgc11954
Dendi735
qojqva538
Counter-Strike
Fnx 561
markeloff427
edward52
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2023
Khaldor1826
Other Games
gofns50357
singsing2074
ArmadaUGS1877
olofmeister1476
B2W.Neo876
hiko554
byalli377
XBOCT283
Pyrionflax199
Liquid`VortiX161
Mew2King76
QueenE69
ZerO(Twitch)16
Railgan8
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 747
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream97
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH294
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1259
League of Legends
• Jankos1650
• Nemesis1156
• TFBlade473
Other Games
• WagamamaTV197
• Shiphtur89
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
19h 49m
OSC
22h 49m
Stellar Fest
22h 49m
OSC
1d 9h
Stellar Fest
1d 22h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.