• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:29
CEST 13:29
KST 20:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)65Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12757 users

[Interview] CJ herO: The Six Keywords

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
DCStarcraftGall
Profile Joined October 2015
102 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-30 03:24:50
October 30 2015 03:17 GMT
#1
http://www.fomos.kr/esports/news_view&entry_id=15919


[Live Interview] 6 Keywords We Asked herO

herO(CJ) has spent the most hectic year of 2015 out of anyone. Not only did he shine as the ace during the 10 month Proleague seasons, he also participated in Starleague Seasons 1-3, GSL Seasons 1-3, 3 IEMs and even the Kespa Cup 2 times.

The obvious reason herO could take part in so many tournaments is that he playes extremely well. Contrary to his nickname 'Transparent", herO has played quite the stylish matches as he added 2 victories, 3 semi finals, and 3 quarter finals to his career. Now he aims for victory in the 2015 WCS Global Finals. We met herO to discuss him and 6 keywords often used in conjunction.



1. 5 Time Champion

"I think I won a lot, but I haven't earned as much as $O$ did that one time(laugh). So I don't know if this is a blessing or a curse(laugh). I think I get stronger as I ride the rhythm, so I am stronger in short events like the IEM. Also, when you play abroad, the crowd shouts really loud, so you get more excited and play better as time goes on. If you want to win a short term tourney, you have to get a good feel for the scene and maintain a steady mind. I used to have trouble with that, but I got better with experience."

"My hardest won victory? The finals at Starleague was the hardest for me. I had trouble with ByuL during practice as well and he didn't really have many holes in his build. I was choking hard on the day as well. I was more nervous than any foreign tourney I had ever went to. It was the first time playing in front of that big of a crowd in Korea. It was the most anxious day of my life. Starleague is a premier tournament and I was so happy that I finally achieved what I had striven for so long.

I talked about the importance of 'practice' during my interview. My motto is 'You only have to try'. Until now, I haven't really 'tried'.

But during my Starleague finals, I finally understood the true meaning of my motto. I had realized that if I kept strong and prepared diligently, I could pull through all the anxiety as well. I also learned how to properly prepare for matches. Until now, I just prepped like mad for sets I wanted to win, and just played standard on all others, but I learned that prepping for all the sets keeps me more focused and keeps my mind clear."


2. 2015 Proleague

It wasn't a season I was happy with. I felt we definitely should have gone to the finals at least. I went to receive the award for the most games won, and I was envious because there was a big crowd, and the stage looked amazing.

I think the reason we didn't make it was mostly my fault. I'm the Ace, and the Ace has to perform well for the team. I wasn't able to do that, and that's my regret even now. I performed well in the actual season but I was sorta in a slump during post season.

I actually get less stressed out for individual tournaments. However, Proleague is a group of people aiming towards a common goal, so I feel responsible, which is where all the stress comes from. This isn't just me, but for every player. I think everyone who is selected to participate feels the same way, and its the difference between the winner and the loser- who deals with that stress better. Proleague is a continuous challenge I look forward to overcoming."


3. Transparent Kim
Picture
<Observer Spots herO (Image: DCInside Starcraft Gallery)>

"(when we showed him the observer pic) Someone put a lot of work into this. It looks like it would have taken a long time. Thanks to whoever made it. Its funny and I hope you take a pathway that utilizes these mad skills.

'Transparent Kim' is a nickname I like and dislike at the same time, but I guess its a good thing in the end. It shows that a lot of people care for me. (Everyone said that the blimp at the Starleague finals was an observer for herO) I know! I wanted to make a joke about the blimp being an observer at the winners interview as well (laughs).

I think its a good thing those funny things come up. I'm pretty sure I'm not transparent anymore but people just call me that since its so funny. I think it all depends on my future performance. If I dominate so hard that my name is on everything, nobody can call me transparent even if they want, right?(laughs) I've let go of it now, so I just find the whole thing funny."


4. 2015

"It was the best year for me as a progamer. I won a premier tournament, and I also received the most games won award for Proleauge. As 24 year-old herO, I just feel myself growing older. My eyes aren't what they were like before and my body in general just tires faster. I want to get better before I grow any older(laugh) its gonna be motivation(laugh)

The biggest regret I have for this year is not making it to Proleague finals. We really had to go the finals and its gonna haunt me forever. I don't feel as bad about not winning individual leagues, but Proleague just keeps nagging you. I still remember the last PO 2nd round vs sOs and think I should have played standard.The Game
Something I regret as 24 year-old herO is not being able to help close friends and stay healthy.


5. Legacy of the Void

"At first, I was like "Protoss OP", but now, Protoss has been steadily nerfed so that Zerg beats everything. Changing my race? I've considered it but I probably won't. It's way too risky and it will be a blow both personally and teamwise. When I changed to protoss when I started SC2, it was transitioning from SCBW. Now, its hard.

I think I can continue playing well in LOTV. I liked the game, and I think I am up to the intense multitasking the game currently requires. Right now, Zerg's Ravager and Lurker is too strong. Zerg can just drone up while easily deflecting early and midgame attacks, and is just really strong in general. I think the Lurker and Ravager needs to be nerfed. The Lurker has long range, but its attack is strong as well, and the Ravager's skill is scary.


6. WCS

Last time, I was kinda disappointed because there were a lot of technical difficulties. It kept on turning off in the middle of a match and I had to stay in the booth for around 30 minutes before we could start again. It was so uncomfortable and I was eliminated pretty quickly so it was a real pity. I wish these things are fixed so I can show everyone all I got.

After my win at Starleague, WCS is my new motivation. I want to go far this time. Its a constant stick to my back, and I want it to be a carrot later on. My goal is winning the entire thing. I know its not really a realistic goal to say when I don't believe it 100%, but its good to dream big.

I think everybody in the lineup will be tough opponents. Maybe its because I feel less confident these days. And its really hard to get practice since ladder is empty because of LOTV practice. I think its just up to me to try my best at the actual event."


He had definitely grown. Although his face looked young as ever, he definitely gave off the impression that he has grown another level as a progamer. We eagerly await the grown herO to show his mettle at the Global Finals.

"I could perform this well thanks to all the fans who cheered me on. You guys are extremely important to me so I wish you will continue to support me in 2016 as well(laugh). When I lose, I look at my fans for consolation, and I can be twice as happy with my fans when I win."

This is the last tournament done with Heart of the Swarm, but I am tentative to ask for expectations. I will try my best for a good result!
SGall Believes: Stats has no probe, soO has lost again, D.Va is daughter of Stork, Dark has no league, Stork is fooled by Solar, sOs is a big guy.
DCStarcraftGall
Profile Joined October 2015
102 Posts
October 30 2015 03:25 GMT
#2
Updated the picture url my mistake;;
SGall Believes: Stats has no probe, soO has lost again, D.Va is daughter of Stork, Dark has no league, Stork is fooled by Solar, sOs is a big guy.
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
October 30 2015 03:26 GMT
#3
Unfortunately, direct translations of FOMOS articles/interviews are not (yet?) allowed. Sad, but I must close this.
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-01 02:24:31
January 01 2016 02:22 GMT
#4
Congratulations DCStarcraftGall. Staff has decided to reopen this. Thanks for the hard work you put into translating this article
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
pure.Wasted
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada4701 Posts
January 01 2016 04:29 GMT
#5
On January 01 2016 11:22 Seeker wrote:
Congratulations DCStarcraftGall. Staff has decided to reopen this. Thanks for the hard work you put into translating this article


I'd like to echo this sentiment, and not just for this article but in general. The amount of translated interviews we have coming out of Korea now is higher than I ever remember it being. DC, thouhastmail, and of course Seeker, you guys are doing the Lord's work (sorry if I forgot anyone!). It's much appreciated.

Great interview. Interesting to read just how important a western weekend tournament can be even to a player of herO's caliber. If only herO could attend those this year...
INna Maru-da-FanTa, Bbaby, TY Dream that I'm Flashing you
munch
Profile Joined July 2014
Mute City2363 Posts
January 01 2016 05:36 GMT
#6
It was a shame when this was closed in the first place as it's a really great interview, so it's lovely to see it back
WriterForm is temporary, MMA is permanent || http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/508630-article-archive
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
January 01 2016 06:45 GMT
#7
yay for diplomacy
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
danl9rm
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States3111 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-01 08:53:22
January 01 2016 08:52 GMT
#8
Finally. I don't watch enough sc2 these days to keep up and I was always confused as to why there was a protoss herO.

Thanks for translation.
"Science has so well established that the preborn baby in the womb is a living human being that most pro-choice activists have conceded the point. ..since the abortion proponents have lost the science argument, they are now advocating an existential one."
Heartland
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Sweden24604 Posts
January 01 2016 09:22 GMT
#9
Transparent Kim? I don't get it, can someone explain why he is called that?
DinosaurPoop
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
687 Posts
January 01 2016 11:24 GMT
#10
On January 01 2016 18:22 Heartland wrote:
Transparent Kim? I don't get it, can someone explain why he is called that?


invisible, cloaked.
When cats speak, mice listen.
(IMI)Relentless
Profile Joined December 2015
United States11 Posts
January 02 2016 05:59 GMT
#11
I think LOTV will be perfect for Hero's play style and he'll find even more success here than in HOTS even though he was a beast in hots.
sharkie
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Austria18759 Posts
January 02 2016 14:29 GMT
#12
Thank you for the translation
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings97
CranKy Ducklings SOOP24
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko247
ProTech136
SHIN 76
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 20513
Hyuk 1235
Bisu 1019
Shuttle 971
Mind 884
Larva 359
firebathero 317
Soma 234
Mini 217
EffOrt 153
[ Show more ]
Last 126
Leta 119
Zeus 86
ZerO 79
Hm[arnc] 77
Hyun 71
Pusan 67
PianO 39
Sexy 39
sorry 35
Bale 31
ToSsGirL 29
Killer 28
Trap 28
Aegong 23
hero 15
yabsab 14
Noble 12
JulyZerg 10
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Dendi693
XcaliburYe580
XaKoH 445
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1592
Other Games
gofns28087
singsing2399
B2W.Neo739
crisheroes321
OGKoka 157
Happy153
Mew2King135
DeMusliM132
Livibee68
ArmadaUGS61
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream210
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 54
• Gemini_19 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7701
League of Legends
• Jankos1545
Other Games
• WagamamaTV164
Upcoming Events
FEL
4h 32m
AI Arena Tournament
5h 32m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
7h 32m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
22h 32m
INu's Battles
1d
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
Replay Cast
1d 12h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 22h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.