• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:09
CEST 16:09
KST 23:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7208 users

US Politics Mega-thread - Page 9583

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9581 9582 9583 9584 9585 10093 Next
Read the rules in the OP before posting, please.

In order to ensure that this thread continues to meet TL standards and follows the proper guidelines, we will be enforcing the rules in the OP more strictly. Be sure to give them a re-read to refresh your memory! The vast majority of you are contributing in a healthy way, keep it up!

NOTE: When providing a source, explain why you feel it is relevant and what purpose it adds to the discussion if it's not obvious.
Also take note that unsubstantiated tweets/posts meant only to rekindle old arguments can result in a mod action.
WolfintheSheep
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada14127 Posts
December 20 2017 21:22 GMT
#191641
On December 21 2017 06:19 farvacola wrote:
Compared to all the stock buybacks going on, that's chump change.

It's chump change for the fast lane fees they'll start packaging out next year.
Average means I'm better than half of you.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
December 20 2017 21:28 GMT
#191642
On December 21 2017 06:22 WolfintheSheep wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 21 2017 06:19 farvacola wrote:
Compared to all the stock buybacks going on, that's chump change.

It's chump change for the fast lane fees they'll start packaging out next year.

Netflix is going to start paying in blood and passing on those costs to us. Or maybe the rest of the internet that isn’t Netflix will go super slow.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
December 20 2017 21:29 GMT
#191643
On December 21 2017 06:10 Mohdoo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 21 2017 05:59 Danglars wrote:
On December 21 2017 05:24 Mohdoo wrote:
On December 21 2017 05:13 Emnjay808 wrote:
As someone who works 60hrs a week and only nets 40k/yr does this tax overhaul thing help me?

What in gods name do you do for a living?

Seriously, this is super common. Both as a paid hourly with overtime and off-the-books only first 8 hours are paid, but you lose the job if you don’t help out after. I’ve done 50-60 hours for about that pay for most of my working life.


Christ. Make me sound like an utterly spoiled baby. I get whiny when I even approach 48 hours a week lolol. I've probably worked a 50 hour week 2 or 3 times in my (short) career.


I do 70-80 hours a week. On call for most weekends too. So my effective hourly is pretty much half what it should be (cries internally).
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
December 20 2017 21:33 GMT
#191644
On December 21 2017 06:29 ticklishmusic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 21 2017 06:10 Mohdoo wrote:
On December 21 2017 05:59 Danglars wrote:
On December 21 2017 05:24 Mohdoo wrote:
On December 21 2017 05:13 Emnjay808 wrote:
As someone who works 60hrs a week and only nets 40k/yr does this tax overhaul thing help me?

What in gods name do you do for a living?

Seriously, this is super common. Both as a paid hourly with overtime and off-the-books only first 8 hours are paid, but you lose the job if you don’t help out after. I’ve done 50-60 hours for about that pay for most of my working life.


Christ. Make me sound like an utterly spoiled baby. I get whiny when I even approach 48 hours a week lolol. I've probably worked a 50 hour week 2 or 3 times in my (short) career.


I do 70-80 hours a week. On call for most weekends too. So my effective hourly is pretty much half what it should be (cries internally).

On call without compensation of any sort unless you get called in should be illegal, imo.
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-20 21:38:32
December 20 2017 21:36 GMT
#191645
On December 21 2017 06:33 Gahlo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 21 2017 06:29 ticklishmusic wrote:
On December 21 2017 06:10 Mohdoo wrote:
On December 21 2017 05:59 Danglars wrote:
On December 21 2017 05:24 Mohdoo wrote:
On December 21 2017 05:13 Emnjay808 wrote:
As someone who works 60hrs a week and only nets 40k/yr does this tax overhaul thing help me?

What in gods name do you do for a living?

Seriously, this is super common. Both as a paid hourly with overtime and off-the-books only first 8 hours are paid, but you lose the job if you don’t help out after. I’ve done 50-60 hours for about that pay for most of my working life.


Christ. Make me sound like an utterly spoiled baby. I get whiny when I even approach 48 hours a week lolol. I've probably worked a 50 hour week 2 or 3 times in my (short) career.


I do 70-80 hours a week. On call for most weekends too. So my effective hourly is pretty much half what it should be (cries internally).

On call without compensation of any sort unless you get called in should be illegal, imo.


I'm salary, so exempt from all that stuff. I'm not 'on call' in the physical sense, but I always have emails to respond to, and there's 'fire drills' for different deliverables and sometimes conference calls that end up hitting my weekend. My life is pretty much my job. Last year I was home for Christmas, but basically pounding away at work until 9pm Christmas eve, then took a break until the day after Christmas - this year will be better, though.

Dunno how weird it is, but my mentality is that is kind of what it takes to get ahead in the career. First few years are gonna be a super grind.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
December 20 2017 21:43 GMT
#191646
On December 21 2017 06:28 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 21 2017 06:22 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On December 21 2017 06:19 farvacola wrote:
Compared to all the stock buybacks going on, that's chump change.

It's chump change for the fast lane fees they'll start packaging out next year.

Netflix is going to start paying in blood and passing on those costs to us. Or maybe the rest of the internet that isn’t Netflix will go super slow.


Netflix already sent a price increase out.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-20 21:53:03
December 20 2017 21:44 GMT
#191647
My firm shut down remote access on the weekends because some people were responding to client emails over the weekends. This resulted all of our clients expecting everyone to do it, so we had to take it away. I feel your pain.

Some of our clients have been asking for our cell phone numbers too.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
December 20 2017 21:45 GMT
#191648
On December 21 2017 06:36 ticklishmusic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 21 2017 06:33 Gahlo wrote:
On December 21 2017 06:29 ticklishmusic wrote:
On December 21 2017 06:10 Mohdoo wrote:
On December 21 2017 05:59 Danglars wrote:
On December 21 2017 05:24 Mohdoo wrote:
On December 21 2017 05:13 Emnjay808 wrote:
As someone who works 60hrs a week and only nets 40k/yr does this tax overhaul thing help me?

What in gods name do you do for a living?

Seriously, this is super common. Both as a paid hourly with overtime and off-the-books only first 8 hours are paid, but you lose the job if you don’t help out after. I’ve done 50-60 hours for about that pay for most of my working life.


Christ. Make me sound like an utterly spoiled baby. I get whiny when I even approach 48 hours a week lolol. I've probably worked a 50 hour week 2 or 3 times in my (short) career.


I do 70-80 hours a week. On call for most weekends too. So my effective hourly is pretty much half what it should be (cries internally).

On call without compensation of any sort unless you get called in should be illegal, imo.


I'm salary, so exempt from all that stuff. I'm not 'on call' in the physical sense, but I always have emails to respond to, and there's 'fire drills' for different deliverables and sometimes conference calls that end up hitting my weekend. My life is pretty much my job. Last year I was home for Christmas, but basically pounding away at work until 9pm Christmas eve, then took a break until the day after Christmas - this year will be better, though.

Dunno how weird it is, but my mentality is that is kind of what it takes to get ahead in the career. First few years are gonna be a super grind.

That's not that weird, I legitimately enjoy working more than I'm supposed to and it'll definitely pay off. Can't post here as much though
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
Mohdoo
Profile Joined August 2007
United States15743 Posts
December 20 2017 21:50 GMT
#191649
On December 21 2017 06:36 ticklishmusic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 21 2017 06:33 Gahlo wrote:
On December 21 2017 06:29 ticklishmusic wrote:
On December 21 2017 06:10 Mohdoo wrote:
On December 21 2017 05:59 Danglars wrote:
On December 21 2017 05:24 Mohdoo wrote:
On December 21 2017 05:13 Emnjay808 wrote:
As someone who works 60hrs a week and only nets 40k/yr does this tax overhaul thing help me?

What in gods name do you do for a living?

Seriously, this is super common. Both as a paid hourly with overtime and off-the-books only first 8 hours are paid, but you lose the job if you don’t help out after. I’ve done 50-60 hours for about that pay for most of my working life.


Christ. Make me sound like an utterly spoiled baby. I get whiny when I even approach 48 hours a week lolol. I've probably worked a 50 hour week 2 or 3 times in my (short) career.


I do 70-80 hours a week. On call for most weekends too. So my effective hourly is pretty much half what it should be (cries internally).

On call without compensation of any sort unless you get called in should be illegal, imo.


I'm salary, so exempt from all that stuff. I'm not 'on call' in the physical sense, but I always have emails to respond to, and there's 'fire drills' for different deliverables and sometimes conference calls that end up hitting my weekend. My life is pretty much my job. Last year I was home for Christmas, but basically pounding away at work until 9pm Christmas eve, then took a break until the day after Christmas - this year will be better, though.

Dunno how weird it is, but my mentality is that is kind of what it takes to get ahead in the career. First few years are gonna be a super grind.

What do you do for living?
WolfintheSheep
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada14127 Posts
December 20 2017 21:54 GMT
#191650
On December 21 2017 06:36 ticklishmusic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 21 2017 06:33 Gahlo wrote:
On December 21 2017 06:29 ticklishmusic wrote:
On December 21 2017 06:10 Mohdoo wrote:
On December 21 2017 05:59 Danglars wrote:
On December 21 2017 05:24 Mohdoo wrote:
On December 21 2017 05:13 Emnjay808 wrote:
As someone who works 60hrs a week and only nets 40k/yr does this tax overhaul thing help me?

What in gods name do you do for a living?

Seriously, this is super common. Both as a paid hourly with overtime and off-the-books only first 8 hours are paid, but you lose the job if you don’t help out after. I’ve done 50-60 hours for about that pay for most of my working life.


Christ. Make me sound like an utterly spoiled baby. I get whiny when I even approach 48 hours a week lolol. I've probably worked a 50 hour week 2 or 3 times in my (short) career.


I do 70-80 hours a week. On call for most weekends too. So my effective hourly is pretty much half what it should be (cries internally).

On call without compensation of any sort unless you get called in should be illegal, imo.


I'm salary, so exempt from all that stuff. I'm not 'on call' in the physical sense, but I always have emails to respond to, and there's 'fire drills' for different deliverables and sometimes conference calls that end up hitting my weekend. My life is pretty much my job. Last year I was home for Christmas, but basically pounding away at work until 9pm Christmas eve, then took a break until the day after Christmas - this year will be better, though.

Dunno how weird it is, but my mentality is that is kind of what it takes to get ahead in the career. First few years are gonna be a super grind.

So, #2 then. Bottom-rung with future carrot .
Average means I'm better than half of you.
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
December 20 2017 22:01 GMT
#191651
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
Introvert
Profile Joined April 2011
United States5035 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-20 22:02:43
December 20 2017 22:02 GMT
#191652
Get in while the PR is good!



Fifth Third Bancorp will pay more than 13,500 employees a bonus and raise the minimum wage of its workforce to $15 an hour after the passage of the Republican tax plan that will cut the bank's corporate tax rate.

Fifth Third is yet another company to announce a bonus for employees because of the tax plan. AT&T said earlier Wednesday that it would pay more than 200,000 U.S. employees $1,000 each and increase its capital spending budget by $1 billion.

Wells Fargo, meanwhile, also said it would be boosting its minimum wage for employees to $15 an hour, which was prompted by the tax plan. The San Francisco-based bank also said it would target $400 million in donations to community and nonprofit organizations next year.

Cincinnati-based Fifth Third, the fifteenth largest U.S. bank by asset size, said the tax cut allowed it to re-evaluate its employee pay and pass along some of the windfall. Nearly 3,000 workers will see hourly wages rise to $15. The $1,000 one-time bonus is expected to be paid by the end of this year, the bank said, assuming President Donald Trump signs the bill into law by Christmas.

Senior managers and top executives are excluded from the special payments. "It is good for our communities, employees and Fifth Third Bank," said CEO Greg Carmichael in a statement.


https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2017/12/20/fifth-third-bancorp-unveils-bonuses-minimum-wage-hike-after-tax-bill-passage.html?


"But, as the conservative understands it, modification of the rules should always reflect, and never impose, a change in the activities and beliefs of those who are subject to them, and should never on any occasion be so great as to destroy the ensemble."
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
December 20 2017 22:06 GMT
#191653
Glad to see everyone has adopted the tactics of the coal industry. Throw small amounts of money at charities and employees for good PR while they swim through the profits like McDuck style.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
IyMoon
Profile Joined April 2016
United States1249 Posts
December 20 2017 22:08 GMT
#191654
On December 21 2017 07:06 Plansix wrote:
Glad to see everyone has adopted the tactics of the coal industry. Throw small amounts of money at charities and employees for good PR while they swim through the profits like McDuck style.


it really is nice, if we put in X now nobody will notice when we take in 20 X
Something witty
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
December 20 2017 22:12 GMT
#191655
On December 21 2017 06:45 farvacola wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 21 2017 06:36 ticklishmusic wrote:
On December 21 2017 06:33 Gahlo wrote:
On December 21 2017 06:29 ticklishmusic wrote:
On December 21 2017 06:10 Mohdoo wrote:
On December 21 2017 05:59 Danglars wrote:
On December 21 2017 05:24 Mohdoo wrote:
On December 21 2017 05:13 Emnjay808 wrote:
As someone who works 60hrs a week and only nets 40k/yr does this tax overhaul thing help me?

What in gods name do you do for a living?

Seriously, this is super common. Both as a paid hourly with overtime and off-the-books only first 8 hours are paid, but you lose the job if you don’t help out after. I’ve done 50-60 hours for about that pay for most of my working life.


Christ. Make me sound like an utterly spoiled baby. I get whiny when I even approach 48 hours a week lolol. I've probably worked a 50 hour week 2 or 3 times in my (short) career.


I do 70-80 hours a week. On call for most weekends too. So my effective hourly is pretty much half what it should be (cries internally).

On call without compensation of any sort unless you get called in should be illegal, imo.


I'm salary, so exempt from all that stuff. I'm not 'on call' in the physical sense, but I always have emails to respond to, and there's 'fire drills' for different deliverables and sometimes conference calls that end up hitting my weekend. My life is pretty much my job. Last year I was home for Christmas, but basically pounding away at work until 9pm Christmas eve, then took a break until the day after Christmas - this year will be better, though.

Dunno how weird it is, but my mentality is that is kind of what it takes to get ahead in the career. First few years are gonna be a super grind.

That's not that weird, I legitimately enjoy working more than I'm supposed to and it'll definitely pay off. Can't post here as much though


Yeah, I've accepted I'm basically a workaholic. I like what I do.

On December 21 2017 06:50 Mohdoo wrote:
What do you do for living?


Corporate development at a healthtech "startup" (startup in the sense we grow like crazy and are taking private investment, though headcount/ rev wise we are getting up there). My team handles strategy, acquisitions, investments/ investor relations and special projects for the C-suite. I basically am part finance/ accounting, part legal, part operations and part strategy. Basically my job is to know everything about the company.

On December 21 2017 06:54 WolfintheSheep wrote:
So, #2 then. Bottom-rung with future carrot .


Pretty much! I'm lowkey hoping to be COO/CFO in maybe 10 years, assuming I stick around. Either way, I'll have a heck of a resume and good skills.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
December 20 2017 22:15 GMT
#191656
On December 21 2017 07:08 IyMoon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 21 2017 07:06 Plansix wrote:
Glad to see everyone has adopted the tactics of the coal industry. Throw small amounts of money at charities and employees for good PR while they swim through the profits like McDuck style.


it really is nice, if we put in X now nobody will notice when we take in 20 X

If we give the president good PR, he will push our merger through and let us keep CNN. Democracy.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Doodsmack
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7224 Posts
December 20 2017 22:21 GMT
#191657
#HowsYour401k #S&P500

SoSexy
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Italy3725 Posts
December 20 2017 22:45 GMT
#191658
On December 20 2017 21:45 VHbb wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 20 2017 19:15 SoSexy wrote:
Today I check the Italian news and the main focus on US politics is Trump holding a glass with two hands. I thought we already scraped the bottom of the barrel...this is honestly pathetic. What kind of news is that?



What kind of Italian news are you checking?
I read italian news daily (being italian) but I didn't see this reported anywhere..


Sorry for the late reply - it was on the homepage of ANSA.it
Dating thread on TL LUL
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7684 Posts
December 20 2017 22:58 GMT
#191659
On December 21 2017 06:45 farvacola wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 21 2017 06:36 ticklishmusic wrote:
On December 21 2017 06:33 Gahlo wrote:
On December 21 2017 06:29 ticklishmusic wrote:
On December 21 2017 06:10 Mohdoo wrote:
On December 21 2017 05:59 Danglars wrote:
On December 21 2017 05:24 Mohdoo wrote:
On December 21 2017 05:13 Emnjay808 wrote:
As someone who works 60hrs a week and only nets 40k/yr does this tax overhaul thing help me?

What in gods name do you do for a living?

Seriously, this is super common. Both as a paid hourly with overtime and off-the-books only first 8 hours are paid, but you lose the job if you don’t help out after. I’ve done 50-60 hours for about that pay for most of my working life.


Christ. Make me sound like an utterly spoiled baby. I get whiny when I even approach 48 hours a week lolol. I've probably worked a 50 hour week 2 or 3 times in my (short) career.


I do 70-80 hours a week. On call for most weekends too. So my effective hourly is pretty much half what it should be (cries internally).

On call without compensation of any sort unless you get called in should be illegal, imo.


I'm salary, so exempt from all that stuff. I'm not 'on call' in the physical sense, but I always have emails to respond to, and there's 'fire drills' for different deliverables and sometimes conference calls that end up hitting my weekend. My life is pretty much my job. Last year I was home for Christmas, but basically pounding away at work until 9pm Christmas eve, then took a break until the day after Christmas - this year will be better, though.

Dunno how weird it is, but my mentality is that is kind of what it takes to get ahead in the career. First few years are gonna be a super grind.

That's not that weird, I legitimately enjoy working more than I'm supposed to and it'll definitely pay off. Can't post here as much though


"if you love what you do youll never work a day in your life"

"follow your dreams"
It is terrible to die of thirst at sea. Must you so salt your truth that it will no longer even slake thirst?
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
December 20 2017 23:02 GMT
#191660
On December 21 2017 07:58 IgnE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 21 2017 06:45 farvacola wrote:
On December 21 2017 06:36 ticklishmusic wrote:
On December 21 2017 06:33 Gahlo wrote:
On December 21 2017 06:29 ticklishmusic wrote:
On December 21 2017 06:10 Mohdoo wrote:
On December 21 2017 05:59 Danglars wrote:
On December 21 2017 05:24 Mohdoo wrote:
On December 21 2017 05:13 Emnjay808 wrote:
As someone who works 60hrs a week and only nets 40k/yr does this tax overhaul thing help me?

What in gods name do you do for a living?

Seriously, this is super common. Both as a paid hourly with overtime and off-the-books only first 8 hours are paid, but you lose the job if you don’t help out after. I’ve done 50-60 hours for about that pay for most of my working life.


Christ. Make me sound like an utterly spoiled baby. I get whiny when I even approach 48 hours a week lolol. I've probably worked a 50 hour week 2 or 3 times in my (short) career.


I do 70-80 hours a week. On call for most weekends too. So my effective hourly is pretty much half what it should be (cries internally).

On call without compensation of any sort unless you get called in should be illegal, imo.


I'm salary, so exempt from all that stuff. I'm not 'on call' in the physical sense, but I always have emails to respond to, and there's 'fire drills' for different deliverables and sometimes conference calls that end up hitting my weekend. My life is pretty much my job. Last year I was home for Christmas, but basically pounding away at work until 9pm Christmas eve, then took a break until the day after Christmas - this year will be better, though.

Dunno how weird it is, but my mentality is that is kind of what it takes to get ahead in the career. First few years are gonna be a super grind.

That's not that weird, I legitimately enjoy working more than I'm supposed to and it'll definitely pay off. Can't post here as much though


"if you love what you do youll never work a day in your life"

"follow your dreams"

I'm a sucker for the cheap thrill of illusionary prestige, what can I say?
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
Prev 1 9581 9582 9583 9584 9585 10093 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 248
MaxPax 237
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 65027
Calm 4196
Shuttle 3097
Bisu 1835
FanTaSy 1555
EffOrt 736
Mini 638
Soma 479
Rush 440
Stork 347
[ Show more ]
Light 273
firebathero 247
Hyuk 244
Snow 215
ZerO 170
Soulkey 133
Barracks 112
actioN 111
Killer 83
Zeus 81
hero 69
Dewaltoss 63
Mong 53
Pusan 52
Last 46
Hyun 41
Shinee 39
Bale 33
Free 31
ToSsGirL 30
Shine 28
PianO 21
Aegong 20
Sharp 20
zelot 20
sorry 18
yabsab 17
HiyA 12
Sacsri 9
Icarus 6
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc7380
Dendi875
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1262
kRYSTAL_121
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko435
crisheroes310
Other Games
gofns49753
singsing2157
B2W.Neo755
hiko428
DeMusliM267
byalli258
Hui .193
Livibee179
Liquid`VortiX150
Mew2King81
Rex49
ZerO(Twitch)13
Trikslyr6
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV247
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 31
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis1701
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 6m
Replay Cast
8h 51m
OSC
1d 8h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 19h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.