• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:31
CEST 00:31
KST 07:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War655.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Ziemie's Starcraft 1 Prequel Campaign Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13137 users

US Politics Mega-thread - Page 3110

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 3108 3109 3110 3111 3112 10093 Next
Read the rules in the OP before posting, please.

In order to ensure that this thread continues to meet TL standards and follows the proper guidelines, we will be enforcing the rules in the OP more strictly. Be sure to give them a re-read to refresh your memory! The vast majority of you are contributing in a healthy way, keep it up!

NOTE: When providing a source, explain why you feel it is relevant and what purpose it adds to the discussion if it's not obvious.
Also take note that unsubstantiated tweets/posts meant only to rekindle old arguments can result in a mod action.
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-02 04:27:31
March 02 2016 04:25 GMT
#62181
On March 02 2016 13:20 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2016 13:17 Plansix wrote:
On March 02 2016 13:15 wei2coolman wrote:
On March 02 2016 13:05 Plansix wrote:
On March 02 2016 13:00 Jibba wrote:
http://foreignpolicy.com/2016/03/01/nation-of-islams-louis-farrakhan-praises-trump-for-standing-up-to-jews/

I can't wait for the Trump rally with Nation of Islam and KKK members.

Its like every shitty person in the US is coming out of the dark hole we left them in to praise Immortan Trump.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend?

I am from MA and we have a natural hatred for Romney. I am all about what he is pitching at Trump. Any other republicans want to jump the fence for just this one election, we got room in the anti bigot bus.

I'm still not convinced Trump supporters are totally on the "bigot" bus.

While I do think his positions are prone to alignment for those socially misaligned, I do think his strong political image and cross left/right political lines on topics make him a very alluring candidate for many.

I'm still comfortable with calling those passive bigots. Even if someone doesn't actively think the US should close the borders to certain people on purely religious grounds (as an example), but they're still willing to accept that from their leader leader, that still makes them bigoted enough. And I wouldn't associate with a person like that.
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
TheFish7
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States2824 Posts
March 02 2016 04:26 GMT
#62182
Can we talk about how Cruz is a Canadian interloper and how his wife is a illuminati banker lizard person?
~ ~ <°)))><~ ~ ~
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-02 04:29:04
March 02 2016 04:28 GMT
#62183
On March 02 2016 13:25 Djzapz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2016 13:20 wei2coolman wrote:
On March 02 2016 13:17 Plansix wrote:
On March 02 2016 13:15 wei2coolman wrote:
On March 02 2016 13:05 Plansix wrote:
On March 02 2016 13:00 Jibba wrote:
http://foreignpolicy.com/2016/03/01/nation-of-islams-louis-farrakhan-praises-trump-for-standing-up-to-jews/

I can't wait for the Trump rally with Nation of Islam and KKK members.

Its like every shitty person in the US is coming out of the dark hole we left them in to praise Immortan Trump.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend?

I am from MA and we have a natural hatred for Romney. I am all about what he is pitching at Trump. Any other republicans want to jump the fence for just this one election, we got room in the anti bigot bus.

I'm still not convinced Trump supporters are totally on the "bigot" bus.

While I do think his positions are prone to alignment for those socially misaligned, I do think his strong political image and cross left/right political lines on topics make him a very alluring candidate for many.

I'm still comfortable with calling those passive bigots. Even if you don't actively think you should close the US borders to certain people on purely religious grounds (as an example), if you're still willing to accept that from your leader, that still makes you bigoted enough. And I wouldn't associate with a person like that.

Under the pretense that the religious views are anti-thetical to liberal US values.

On March 02 2016 13:26 TheFish7 wrote:
Can we talk about how Cruz is a Canadian interloper and how his wife is a illuminati banker lizard person?


Please, Canadian Alien with lizard Illuminati wife is way less interesting than the homosexuality rumors of Rubio.
liftlift > tsm
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
March 02 2016 04:29 GMT
#62184
On March 02 2016 13:28 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2016 13:25 Djzapz wrote:
On March 02 2016 13:20 wei2coolman wrote:
On March 02 2016 13:17 Plansix wrote:
On March 02 2016 13:15 wei2coolman wrote:
On March 02 2016 13:05 Plansix wrote:
On March 02 2016 13:00 Jibba wrote:
http://foreignpolicy.com/2016/03/01/nation-of-islams-louis-farrakhan-praises-trump-for-standing-up-to-jews/

I can't wait for the Trump rally with Nation of Islam and KKK members.

Its like every shitty person in the US is coming out of the dark hole we left them in to praise Immortan Trump.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend?

I am from MA and we have a natural hatred for Romney. I am all about what he is pitching at Trump. Any other republicans want to jump the fence for just this one election, we got room in the anti bigot bus.

I'm still not convinced Trump supporters are totally on the "bigot" bus.

While I do think his positions are prone to alignment for those socially misaligned, I do think his strong political image and cross left/right political lines on topics make him a very alluring candidate for many.

I'm still comfortable with calling those passive bigots. Even if you don't actively think you should close the US borders to certain people on purely religious grounds (as an example), if you're still willing to accept that from your leader, that still makes you bigoted enough. And I wouldn't associate with a person like that.

Under the pretense that the religious views are anti-thetical to liberal US values.

Oh it's great then!

-_-
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-02 04:32:02
March 02 2016 04:30 GMT
#62185
On March 02 2016 13:25 Djzapz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2016 13:20 wei2coolman wrote:
On March 02 2016 13:17 Plansix wrote:
On March 02 2016 13:15 wei2coolman wrote:
On March 02 2016 13:05 Plansix wrote:
On March 02 2016 13:00 Jibba wrote:
http://foreignpolicy.com/2016/03/01/nation-of-islams-louis-farrakhan-praises-trump-for-standing-up-to-jews/

I can't wait for the Trump rally with Nation of Islam and KKK members.

Its like every shitty person in the US is coming out of the dark hole we left them in to praise Immortan Trump.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend?

I am from MA and we have a natural hatred for Romney. I am all about what he is pitching at Trump. Any other republicans want to jump the fence for just this one election, we got room in the anti bigot bus.

I'm still not convinced Trump supporters are totally on the "bigot" bus.

While I do think his positions are prone to alignment for those socially misaligned, I do think his strong political image and cross left/right political lines on topics make him a very alluring candidate for many.

I'm still comfortable with calling those passive bigots. Even if you don't actively think you should close the US borders to certain people on purely religious grounds (as an example), if you're still willing to accept that from your leader, that still makes you bigoted enough. And I wouldn't associate with a person like that.


I think the term bigot is a very improper use of word for Trump supporters. I think the "silent majority" of Trump supporters are the ones who kept quiet and lived in a society with completely different opinions (feminazis, political correctness, equality instead of fairness, ever increasing involvement in the government telling you how to live your life) that them, and now they are speaking up, to have their opinions heard. A lot of Trump supporters I know back in Canada are some of the most open-minded people I know, the "bigots" (I hate that word,close-minded) ones are the ones that believe Trump would destroy America after seeing him portrayed by the media for 5 minutes.
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
March 02 2016 04:31 GMT
#62186
On March 02 2016 10:37 Mohdoo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2016 10:33 xDaunt wrote:
There's a fuckton of people at my republican caucus in Colorado.


Who will you be voting for?

Republicans aren't voting directly for their nominees at the Colorado caucus. All we do is pick delegates by precinct. My precinct was stacked with Cruz supporters.
Doodsmack
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7224 Posts
March 02 2016 04:31 GMT
#62187
If anyone here is a Trump supporter, please know that you are a trash bag of a human being.

User was temp banned for this post.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7684 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-02 04:33:41
March 02 2016 04:32 GMT
#62188
On March 02 2016 13:07 Djzapz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2016 13:03 Plansix wrote:
On March 02 2016 12:59 Djzapz wrote:
It's very surprising to me what the BLM movement did to Sanders... He was obviously their best hope.

Now I'm very worried that the predictions are correct and the young people won't go out and vote for the "lesser evil" that is Hillary Clinton. I know I myself wouldn't want to vote for that woman.

He is a socialist, independent that is pro gun from Vermont? He has done very little that any other run of the mill Democrat. The man has negative relationship with black voters in the south and it showed.

None of those characteristics strike me as particularly opposed to the ideals of black people. As for the "negative relationship with black voters in the south", I have no idea where that stems from other than the BLM movement winging up some bullshit about how he doesn't care about race issues even though he discusses them in economic terms.

Like what part of socialism is desirable to white people and not for black people. A vast majority of them, of lower socioeconomic status, actually benefit massively from social programs.

Whatever feelings they may have had, the cause of black people stand to advance significantly faster under Sanders than under Clinton.


Black people aren't for "black people" as a whole. Upper middle class black people still refer demeaningly to their brothers who aren't aligned with their class interests. They are for having a black upper class that are the equals of the mostly white upper class as now configured. And Hillary stands for precisely that: elimination of remaining racial barriers in Hollywood (see: the oscars), government, and high-level business as part of an identity politics agenda that cares more about the relations between people of the same class than it does about relations between people of different races in toto.
It is terrible to die of thirst at sea. Must you so salt your truth that it will no longer even slake thirst?
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-02 04:35:34
March 02 2016 04:32 GMT
#62189
On March 02 2016 13:29 Djzapz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2016 13:28 wei2coolman wrote:
On March 02 2016 13:25 Djzapz wrote:
On March 02 2016 13:20 wei2coolman wrote:
On March 02 2016 13:17 Plansix wrote:
On March 02 2016 13:15 wei2coolman wrote:
On March 02 2016 13:05 Plansix wrote:
On March 02 2016 13:00 Jibba wrote:
http://foreignpolicy.com/2016/03/01/nation-of-islams-louis-farrakhan-praises-trump-for-standing-up-to-jews/

I can't wait for the Trump rally with Nation of Islam and KKK members.

Its like every shitty person in the US is coming out of the dark hole we left them in to praise Immortan Trump.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend?

I am from MA and we have a natural hatred for Romney. I am all about what he is pitching at Trump. Any other republicans want to jump the fence for just this one election, we got room in the anti bigot bus.

I'm still not convinced Trump supporters are totally on the "bigot" bus.

While I do think his positions are prone to alignment for those socially misaligned, I do think his strong political image and cross left/right political lines on topics make him a very alluring candidate for many.

I'm still comfortable with calling those passive bigots. Even if you don't actively think you should close the US borders to certain people on purely religious grounds (as an example), if you're still willing to accept that from your leader, that still makes you bigoted enough. And I wouldn't associate with a person like that.

Under the pretense that the religious views are anti-thetical to liberal US values.

Oh it's great then!

-_-

I mean, have you seen the studies done social positions on immigrant Islamic populations in Western countries?

That being said, I think Trump's point can be a lot more nuanced than anyone, or any media gives it credit.
On March 02 2016 13:31 Doodsmack wrote:
If anyone here is a Trump supporter, please know that you are a trash bag of a human being.

Shit, I've stayed in one of his resorts before... FUCK. TO BE FAIR, I stayed before he announced his candidacy, do I get a social reprieve?

Also, no joke, I've actually heard some one say "I'm glad Trump is running, therefore I know who on my Facebook friends lists are bigots and racists", in real life.

LMAO.
liftlift > tsm
oBlade
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States6574 Posts
March 02 2016 04:33 GMT
#62190
On March 02 2016 13:31 Doodsmack wrote:
If anyone here is a Trump supporter, please know that you are a trash bag of a human being.

Well, I was on the fence before but damned if I'm not convinced now.
"I read it. You know how to read, you ignorant fuck?" - Andy Dufresne
TheTenthDoc
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9561 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-02 04:34:53
March 02 2016 04:34 GMT
#62191
On March 02 2016 13:32 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2016 13:29 Djzapz wrote:
On March 02 2016 13:28 wei2coolman wrote:
On March 02 2016 13:25 Djzapz wrote:
On March 02 2016 13:20 wei2coolman wrote:
On March 02 2016 13:17 Plansix wrote:
On March 02 2016 13:15 wei2coolman wrote:
On March 02 2016 13:05 Plansix wrote:
On March 02 2016 13:00 Jibba wrote:
http://foreignpolicy.com/2016/03/01/nation-of-islams-louis-farrakhan-praises-trump-for-standing-up-to-jews/

I can't wait for the Trump rally with Nation of Islam and KKK members.

Its like every shitty person in the US is coming out of the dark hole we left them in to praise Immortan Trump.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend?

I am from MA and we have a natural hatred for Romney. I am all about what he is pitching at Trump. Any other republicans want to jump the fence for just this one election, we got room in the anti bigot bus.

I'm still not convinced Trump supporters are totally on the "bigot" bus.

While I do think his positions are prone to alignment for those socially misaligned, I do think his strong political image and cross left/right political lines on topics make him a very alluring candidate for many.

I'm still comfortable with calling those passive bigots. Even if you don't actively think you should close the US borders to certain people on purely religious grounds (as an example), if you're still willing to accept that from your leader, that still makes you bigoted enough. And I wouldn't associate with a person like that.

Under the pretense that the religious views are anti-thetical to liberal US values.

Oh it's great then!

-_-

I mean, have you seen the studies done social positions on immigrant Islamic populations in Western countries?

That being said, I think Trump's point can be a lot more nuanced than anyone, or any media gives it credit.


Trump doesn't really do nuanced points. That's kind of his thing.

What he says is what he means, simplistic and uncomplicated and generally utterly impractical.
Adreme
Profile Joined June 2011
United States5574 Posts
March 02 2016 04:34 GMT
#62192
On March 02 2016 13:31 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2016 10:37 Mohdoo wrote:
On March 02 2016 10:33 xDaunt wrote:
There's a fuckton of people at my republican caucus in Colorado.


Who will you be voting for?

Republicans aren't voting directly for their nominees at the Colorado caucus. All we do is pick delegates by precinct. My precinct was stacked with Cruz supporters.


Arent the delagates also not bound to vote for who the voters picked? I was watching them explain it on TV and it was a little confusing to me at the time.
ErectedZenith
Profile Joined January 2016
325 Posts
March 02 2016 04:35 GMT
#62193
On March 02 2016 13:31 Doodsmack wrote:
If anyone here is a Trump supporter, please know that you are a trash bag of a human being.


Someone is angry.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46514 Posts
March 02 2016 04:36 GMT
#62194
On March 02 2016 13:34 Adreme wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2016 13:31 xDaunt wrote:
On March 02 2016 10:37 Mohdoo wrote:
On March 02 2016 10:33 xDaunt wrote:
There's a fuckton of people at my republican caucus in Colorado.


Who will you be voting for?

Republicans aren't voting directly for their nominees at the Colorado caucus. All we do is pick delegates by precinct. My precinct was stacked with Cruz supporters.


Arent the delagates also not bound to vote for who the voters picked? I was watching them explain it on TV and it was a little confusing to me at the time.


I've heard that too but I wonder how frequently that happens.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
March 02 2016 04:36 GMT
#62195
4 minutes ago
Sanders is projected to win Minnesota’s Democratic caucuses

What?

It actually is happening?
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-02 04:37:04
March 02 2016 04:36 GMT
#62196
On March 02 2016 13:34 TheTenthDoc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2016 13:32 wei2coolman wrote:
On March 02 2016 13:29 Djzapz wrote:
On March 02 2016 13:28 wei2coolman wrote:
On March 02 2016 13:25 Djzapz wrote:
On March 02 2016 13:20 wei2coolman wrote:
On March 02 2016 13:17 Plansix wrote:
On March 02 2016 13:15 wei2coolman wrote:
On March 02 2016 13:05 Plansix wrote:
On March 02 2016 13:00 Jibba wrote:
http://foreignpolicy.com/2016/03/01/nation-of-islams-louis-farrakhan-praises-trump-for-standing-up-to-jews/

I can't wait for the Trump rally with Nation of Islam and KKK members.

Its like every shitty person in the US is coming out of the dark hole we left them in to praise Immortan Trump.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend?

I am from MA and we have a natural hatred for Romney. I am all about what he is pitching at Trump. Any other republicans want to jump the fence for just this one election, we got room in the anti bigot bus.

I'm still not convinced Trump supporters are totally on the "bigot" bus.

While I do think his positions are prone to alignment for those socially misaligned, I do think his strong political image and cross left/right political lines on topics make him a very alluring candidate for many.

I'm still comfortable with calling those passive bigots. Even if you don't actively think you should close the US borders to certain people on purely religious grounds (as an example), if you're still willing to accept that from your leader, that still makes you bigoted enough. And I wouldn't associate with a person like that.

Under the pretense that the religious views are anti-thetical to liberal US values.

Oh it's great then!

-_-

I mean, have you seen the studies done social positions on immigrant Islamic populations in Western countries?

That being said, I think Trump's point can be a lot more nuanced than anyone, or any media gives it credit.


Trump doesn't really do nuanced points. That's kind of his thing.

What he says is what he means, simplistic and uncomplicated and generally utterly impractical.

Being simple, doesn't mean there can't be nuance, and it doesn't help that every single other word that's coming out of the media's mouth is "racist", and "bigot".
liftlift > tsm
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46514 Posts
March 02 2016 04:37 GMT
#62197
On March 02 2016 13:35 ErectedZenith wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2016 13:31 Doodsmack wrote:
If anyone here is a Trump supporter, please know that you are a trash bag of a human being.


Someone is angry.


He's just talking about Christie's newfound support for Trump, since Christie is hefty hefty hefty.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
kwizach
Profile Joined June 2011
3658 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-02 04:38:20
March 02 2016 04:37 GMT
#62198
On March 02 2016 13:36 FiWiFaKi wrote:
4 minutes ago
Sanders is projected to win Minnesota’s Democratic caucuses

What?

It actually is happening?

I'm guessing it was a mistake from the AP. CNN just called it for Hillary.
"Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions." -- Stephen Colbert
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-02 04:38:59
March 02 2016 04:37 GMT
#62199
On March 02 2016 13:37 kwizach wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2016 13:36 FiWiFaKi wrote:
4 minutes ago
Sanders is projected to win Minnesota’s Democratic caucuses

What?

It actually is happening?

No, it was a mistake from the AP. CNN just called it for Hillary.


Oh sorry, I derped. I just have Mass. in blue on washington post.
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-02 04:45:59
March 02 2016 04:40 GMT
#62200
On March 02 2016 13:30 FiWiFaKi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2016 13:25 Djzapz wrote:
On March 02 2016 13:20 wei2coolman wrote:
On March 02 2016 13:17 Plansix wrote:
On March 02 2016 13:15 wei2coolman wrote:
On March 02 2016 13:05 Plansix wrote:
On March 02 2016 13:00 Jibba wrote:
http://foreignpolicy.com/2016/03/01/nation-of-islams-louis-farrakhan-praises-trump-for-standing-up-to-jews/

I can't wait for the Trump rally with Nation of Islam and KKK members.

Its like every shitty person in the US is coming out of the dark hole we left them in to praise Immortan Trump.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend?

I am from MA and we have a natural hatred for Romney. I am all about what he is pitching at Trump. Any other republicans want to jump the fence for just this one election, we got room in the anti bigot bus.

I'm still not convinced Trump supporters are totally on the "bigot" bus.

While I do think his positions are prone to alignment for those socially misaligned, I do think his strong political image and cross left/right political lines on topics make him a very alluring candidate for many.

I'm still comfortable with calling those passive bigots. Even if you don't actively think you should close the US borders to certain people on purely religious grounds (as an example), if you're still willing to accept that from your leader, that still makes you bigoted enough. And I wouldn't associate with a person like that.


I think the term bigot is a very improper use of word for Trump supporters. I think the "silent majority" of Trump supporters are the ones who kept quiet and lived in a society with completely different opinions that them, and now they are speaking up, to have their opinions heard. A lot of Trump supporters I know back in Canada are some of the most open-minded people I know, the "bigots" (I hate that word,close-minded) ones are the ones that believe Trump would destroy America after seeing him portrayed by the media for 5 minutes.

I think you and I have profoundly different ideas of what open-minded means... and please, Trump's "portrayal" in the media? The man has said a lot of things, you can watch entire entire debates for hours where he piles on shit, much of it "open minded" people would at least be highly skeptical of and would then understand to be the bullshit that it is.

-Build a wall and make Mexico pay. Ridiculous and not open minded
-Close the border on religious grounds. Probably some sort of unconstitutional, close minded, ridiculous, and hateful
-Global warming... come on
etc.

A priori I just don't believe what you said. I don't think there are very many open minded people who support Trump. I'm sure there are a few, but it's because they somehow manage to compartimentalize. Their dislike of establishment somehow supersedes the insane stuff Trump has said, his haughty ridiculous attitude that's horrible in a real leader, his constant barrage of deceit or misinformed BS.

The whole world is watching in disgust, even the shit leaders from other countries like David Cameron frown at this man -_-. To me I think the US stands to lose a lot in this election.

So if I'm not to use the term bigot, I still say there's something profoundly wrong with people who support a man that is so divisive and goes against decades of social progress. Anti-establishment is nice and all but wow, the sacrifices these people are willing to make? Incredible. Let's just say it's not a coincidence Trump is getting the endorsement of some bad and very radical people. Much of his discourse is bad and radical and yet people are either down with that or willing to let it slide even though it's not a detail to be glossed over. I think that if your position is "I hate the establishment and I'm willing to ignore the patent racism" you're at least complicit.
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
Prev 1 3108 3109 3110 3111 3112 10093 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O145
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11719
Shuttle 411
White-Ra 219
ZZZero.O 145
Artosis 144
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm138
League of Legends
Doublelift4872
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4429
Other Games
summit1g9221
FrodaN2503
Liquid`RaSZi2018
C9.Mang0364
ToD296
Livibee184
Pyrionflax90
Mew2King54
Maynarde29
ArmadaUGS0
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1076
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 97
• musti20045 34
• HeavenSC 26
• Sammyuel 22
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1389
• Shiphtur646
• WagamamaTV277
• Scarra112
Upcoming Events
OSC
29m
Replay Cast
29m
OSC
13h 29m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 12h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.