• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:03
CEST 03:03
KST 10:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8326 users

US Politics Mega-thread - Page 101

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 99 100 101 102 103 10093 Next
Read the rules in the OP before posting, please.

In order to ensure that this thread continues to meet TL standards and follows the proper guidelines, we will be enforcing the rules in the OP more strictly. Be sure to give them a re-read to refresh your memory! The vast majority of you are contributing in a healthy way, keep it up!

NOTE: When providing a source, explain why you feel it is relevant and what purpose it adds to the discussion if it's not obvious.
Also take note that unsubstantiated tweets/posts meant only to rekindle old arguments can result in a mod action.
cLAN.Anax
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United States2847 Posts
February 13 2013 03:48 GMT
#2001
@Jin: I think I get what you're saying now, because he assumes everyone will succeed, and we all know that's simply not true.

Oh. Darn. It's over already. Shoot, lol. X-D I liked it. I approve of Rubio more now. Still kinda frustrated on his stance toward entitlements, though we now live in a time where any politician who says anything about cutting SS or Medicare gets an eternally-tarnished reputation. *sigh* Politics.... :-\
┬─┬___(ツ)_/¯ 彡┻━┻ I am the 4%. "I cant believe i saw ANAL backwards before i saw the word LAN." - Capped
Sermokala
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States14211 Posts
February 13 2013 03:49 GMT
#2002
It would be an epic level of political thinking if he did that drink of water on purpose. Instead of anything about Tsotu its going to be all about rubio and him drinking water.
A wise man will say that he knows nothing. We're gona party like its 2752 Hail Dark Brandon
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
February 13 2013 03:49 GMT
#2003
Huffington post stream, just made fun of Mark Rubio's water break.
liftlift > tsm
JinDesu
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3990 Posts
February 13 2013 03:49 GMT
#2004
On February 13 2013 12:48 cLAN.Anax wrote:
@Jin: I think I get what you're saying now, because he assumes everyone will succeed, and we all know that's simply not true.

Oh. Darn. It's over already. Shoot, lol. X-D I liked it. I approve of Rubio more now. Still kinda frustrated on his stance toward entitlements, though we now live in a time where any politician who says anything about cutting SS or Medicare gets an eternally-tarnished reputation. *sigh* Politics.... :-\


I sincerely hope he (Rubio) doesn't assume that everyone will succeed. I understand if his constituents may think that, but if he thinks that as well, he's a little touched in the head.

On February 13 2013 12:48 Adreme wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2013 12:45 JinDesu wrote:
On February 13 2013 12:43 cLAN.Anax wrote:
On February 13 2013 12:41 JinDesu wrote:
On February 13 2013 12:39 cLAN.Anax wrote:
On February 13 2013 12:37 {CC}StealthBlue wrote:
This is the exact same issues that Romney tried to advocate during the election. The exact same.


I feel Rubio is slightly more consistent than Romney. Perhaps just slightly, but more consistent nonetheless.

On February 13 2013 12:39 JinDesu wrote:
On February 13 2013 12:37 wei2coolman wrote:
On February 13 2013 12:35 JinDesu wrote:
On February 13 2013 12:35 {CC}StealthBlue wrote:
So Rubio just admitted that Republicans advocated for raising taxes.


But he loves his neighbors.

Neighbors not millionaires, but his backers are billionaires.


Yeah, his neighbors are middle class.

I still really dislike how he opened. I won't be bias and say that everything he says is terrible - but when he said "everyone can take a chance, and when they succeed..." and yet, what do we do when they fail?


Let them fail?


That's fine - but I would like him to say that. Otherwise, it sounds like a lottery.

"Hey, you have a chance of winning! But let's be honest, you have a 1:1000000 chance."


I would agree with it, but it would plunge his approval with a lot of people who want a government to catch them, lololol.


I understand - I'm just saying why I hate that line. It's just such a flowery line. I would rather he say something else :\

It was a pretty good speech with a lotta subtle hits at Obama..


None of those hits were exactly subtle...


To be fair, I think it was subtle compared to the last year or so of Republican comments on Obama.
Yargh
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
February 13 2013 03:51 GMT
#2005
Fox News is comparing Rubio to Bobby Jindal.
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
JinDesu
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3990 Posts
February 13 2013 03:51 GMT
#2006
On February 13 2013 12:51 {CC}StealthBlue wrote:
Fox News is comparing Rubio to Bobby Jindal.


I sorta got that vibe from watching Jindal's response on youtube this afternoon. Just a lot better spoken.
Yargh
aksfjh
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4853 Posts
February 13 2013 03:52 GMT
#2007
On February 13 2013 12:48 cLAN.Anax wrote:
@Jin: I think I get what you're saying now, because he assumes everyone will succeed, and we all know that's simply not true.

Oh. Darn. It's over already. Shoot, lol. X-D I liked it. I approve of Rubio more now. Still kinda frustrated on his stance toward entitlements, though we now live in a time where any politician who says anything about cutting SS or Medicare gets an eternally-tarnished reputation. *sigh* Politics.... :-\

We also live in a time where a huge number of Americans are living in poverty and/or don't make enough to make retirement payments, while a small fraction practically hoard money. You can only take the anti-populist stance for so long before it bites you in the ass.
cLAN.Anax
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United States2847 Posts
February 13 2013 03:55 GMT
#2008
On February 13 2013 12:49 wei2coolman wrote:
Huffington post stream, just made fun of Mark Rubio's water break.


I'm glad I'm here and not on there, lol. Would only make me so, so mad.... >_<

On February 13 2013 12:51 {CC}StealthBlue wrote:
Fox News is comparing Rubio to Bobby Jindal.


I would agree with the comparison. They have a fair bit in common. Youthful looks, an intangible vigor, relatively conservative principles. I know Jindal supports a pro-sales tax, anti-income tax policy, but I'm not sure if Rubio would go that far, so there may be a difference.
┬─┬___(ツ)_/¯ 彡┻━┻ I am the 4%. "I cant believe i saw ANAL backwards before i saw the word LAN." - Capped
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
February 13 2013 03:55 GMT
#2009
On February 13 2013 12:55 cLAN.Anax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2013 12:49 wei2coolman wrote:
Huffington post stream, just made fun of Mark Rubio's water break.


I'm glad I'm here and not on there, lol. Would only make me so, so mad.... >_<

Show nested quote +
On February 13 2013 12:51 {CC}StealthBlue wrote:
Fox News is comparing Rubio to Bobby Jindal.


I would agree with the comparison. They have a fair bit in common. Youthful looks, an intangible vigor, relatively conservative principles. I know Jindal supports a pro-sales tax, anti-income tax policy, but I'm not sure if Rubio would go that far, so there may be a difference.


Have you seen the infamous Bobby Jindal response to the State of the Union?
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
JonnyBNoHo
Profile Joined July 2011
United States6277 Posts
February 13 2013 03:55 GMT
#2010
On February 13 2013 12:52 aksfjh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2013 12:48 cLAN.Anax wrote:
@Jin: I think I get what you're saying now, because he assumes everyone will succeed, and we all know that's simply not true.

Oh. Darn. It's over already. Shoot, lol. X-D I liked it. I approve of Rubio more now. Still kinda frustrated on his stance toward entitlements, though we now live in a time where any politician who says anything about cutting SS or Medicare gets an eternally-tarnished reputation. *sigh* Politics.... :-\

We also live in a time where a huge number of Americans are living in poverty and/or don't make enough to make retirement payments, while a small fraction practically hoard money. You can only take the anti-populist stance for so long before it bites you in the ass.

They have to... at least so long as the middle class isn't willing to. That's my take on it anyways.
JinDesu
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3990 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-13 03:58:46
February 13 2013 03:57 GMT
#2011
On February 13 2013 12:55 JonnyBNoHo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2013 12:52 aksfjh wrote:
On February 13 2013 12:48 cLAN.Anax wrote:
@Jin: I think I get what you're saying now, because he assumes everyone will succeed, and we all know that's simply not true.

Oh. Darn. It's over already. Shoot, lol. X-D I liked it. I approve of Rubio more now. Still kinda frustrated on his stance toward entitlements, though we now live in a time where any politician who says anything about cutting SS or Medicare gets an eternally-tarnished reputation. *sigh* Politics.... :-\

We also live in a time where a huge number of Americans are living in poverty and/or don't make enough to make retirement payments, while a small fraction practically hoard money. You can only take the anti-populist stance for so long before it bites you in the ass.

They have to... at least so long as the middle class isn't willing to. That's my take on it anyways.


Heh, but increased consumerism means the middle class will never hold onto their money~ might as well tax them :p

Side note - who's this guy speaking on the CBS channel? He's definitely nowhere near as charismatic as Rubio, and is coming off quite condescending to me.
Yargh
aksfjh
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4853 Posts
February 13 2013 04:00 GMT
#2012
On February 13 2013 12:55 JonnyBNoHo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2013 12:52 aksfjh wrote:
On February 13 2013 12:48 cLAN.Anax wrote:
@Jin: I think I get what you're saying now, because he assumes everyone will succeed, and we all know that's simply not true.

Oh. Darn. It's over already. Shoot, lol. X-D I liked it. I approve of Rubio more now. Still kinda frustrated on his stance toward entitlements, though we now live in a time where any politician who says anything about cutting SS or Medicare gets an eternally-tarnished reputation. *sigh* Politics.... :-\

We also live in a time where a huge number of Americans are living in poverty and/or don't make enough to make retirement payments, while a small fraction practically hoard money. You can only take the anti-populist stance for so long before it bites you in the ass.

They have to... at least so long as the middle class isn't willing to. That's my take on it anyways.

Eh, when real wages have been stagnant since the 80s for a majority of Americans while healthcare and education costs have risen dramatically, I would rather jump to the conclusion that it's harder for them to save more than they aren't "willing."
cLAN.Anax
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United States2847 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-13 04:03:34
February 13 2013 04:00 GMT
#2013
On February 13 2013 12:52 aksfjh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2013 12:48 cLAN.Anax wrote:
@Jin: I think I get what you're saying now, because he assumes everyone will succeed, and we all know that's simply not true.

Oh. Darn. It's over already. Shoot, lol. X-D I liked it. I approve of Rubio more now. Still kinda frustrated on his stance toward entitlements, though we now live in a time where any politician who says anything about cutting SS or Medicare gets an eternally-tarnished reputation. *sigh* Politics.... :-\

We also live in a time where a huge number of Americans are living in poverty and/or don't make enough to make retirement payments, while a small fraction practically hoard money. You can only take the anti-populist stance for so long before it bites you in the ass.


I believe the principle, if correct, should be able to withstand the test of the citizen's opinion, no matter how unpopular. I would rather vote for a politician whose policies I agree with than one who tries to cater to the populace just to get more votes. But, that's just me....

On February 13 2013 12:55 {CC}StealthBlue wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2013 12:55 cLAN.Anax wrote:
On February 13 2013 12:49 wei2coolman wrote:
Huffington post stream, just made fun of Mark Rubio's water break.


I'm glad I'm here and not on there, lol. Would only make me so, so mad.... >_<

On February 13 2013 12:51 {CC}StealthBlue wrote:
Fox News is comparing Rubio to Bobby Jindal.


I would agree with the comparison. They have a fair bit in common. Youthful looks, an intangible vigor, relatively conservative principles. I know Jindal supports a pro-sales tax, anti-income tax policy, but I'm not sure if Rubio would go that far, so there may be a difference.


Have you seen the infamous Bobby Jindal response to the State of the Union?


Nope. Sounds like it's worth the watch. I'll search for it.

Edit: I assume this is it?

Edit 2: How in the blasted heck did you ninja me, Jin? O_O
┬─┬___(ツ)_/¯ 彡┻━┻ I am the 4%. "I cant believe i saw ANAL backwards before i saw the word LAN." - Capped
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
February 13 2013 04:01 GMT
#2014
Stay Thirsty America

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
JinDesu
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3990 Posts
February 13 2013 04:02 GMT
#2015
On February 13 2013 13:00 cLAN.Anax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2013 12:52 aksfjh wrote:
On February 13 2013 12:48 cLAN.Anax wrote:
@Jin: I think I get what you're saying now, because he assumes everyone will succeed, and we all know that's simply not true.

Oh. Darn. It's over already. Shoot, lol. X-D I liked it. I approve of Rubio more now. Still kinda frustrated on his stance toward entitlements, though we now live in a time where any politician who says anything about cutting SS or Medicare gets an eternally-tarnished reputation. *sigh* Politics.... :-\

We also live in a time where a huge number of Americans are living in poverty and/or don't make enough to make retirement payments, while a small fraction practically hoard money. You can only take the anti-populist stance for so long before it bites you in the ass.


I believe the principle, if correct, should be able to withstand the test of the citizen's opinion, no matter how unpopular. I would rather vote for a politician whose policies I agree with than one who tries to cater to the populace just to get more votes. But, that's just me....

Show nested quote +
On February 13 2013 12:55 {CC}StealthBlue wrote:
On February 13 2013 12:55 cLAN.Anax wrote:
On February 13 2013 12:49 wei2coolman wrote:
Huffington post stream, just made fun of Mark Rubio's water break.


I'm glad I'm here and not on there, lol. Would only make me so, so mad.... >_<

On February 13 2013 12:51 {CC}StealthBlue wrote:
Fox News is comparing Rubio to Bobby Jindal.


I would agree with the comparison. They have a fair bit in common. Youthful looks, an intangible vigor, relatively conservative principles. I know Jindal supports a pro-sales tax, anti-income tax policy, but I'm not sure if Rubio would go that far, so there may be a difference.


Have you seen the infamous Bobby Jindal response to the State of the Union?


Nope. Sounds like it's worth the watch. I'll search for it.


Yargh
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
February 13 2013 04:05 GMT
#2016
So the Green Party response was online(can't find a YouTube video yet), no idea where Rand Paul is...
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
February 13 2013 04:13 GMT
#2017
RT @AdamSerwer: Rand Paul SOTU response states "We will not tolerate secret lists of American citizens who can be killed without trial."
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
aksfjh
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4853 Posts
February 13 2013 04:13 GMT
#2018
On February 13 2013 13:05 {CC}StealthBlue wrote:
So the Green Party response was online(can't find a YouTube video yet), no idea where Rand Paul is...

Killed, by Karl Rove!
JonnyBNoHo
Profile Joined July 2011
United States6277 Posts
February 13 2013 04:14 GMT
#2019
On February 13 2013 13:00 aksfjh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2013 12:55 JonnyBNoHo wrote:
On February 13 2013 12:52 aksfjh wrote:
On February 13 2013 12:48 cLAN.Anax wrote:
@Jin: I think I get what you're saying now, because he assumes everyone will succeed, and we all know that's simply not true.

Oh. Darn. It's over already. Shoot, lol. X-D I liked it. I approve of Rubio more now. Still kinda frustrated on his stance toward entitlements, though we now live in a time where any politician who says anything about cutting SS or Medicare gets an eternally-tarnished reputation. *sigh* Politics.... :-\

We also live in a time where a huge number of Americans are living in poverty and/or don't make enough to make retirement payments, while a small fraction practically hoard money. You can only take the anti-populist stance for so long before it bites you in the ass.

They have to... at least so long as the middle class isn't willing to. That's my take on it anyways.

Eh, when real wages have been stagnant since the 80s for a majority of Americans while healthcare and education costs have risen dramatically, I would rather jump to the conclusion that it's harder for them to save more than they aren't "willing."

I don't think that's correct. Real household income has risen for all income groups and healthcare / education costs are included in inflation figures.

[image loading]

Link
Sermokala
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States14211 Posts
February 13 2013 04:15 GMT
#2020
Wow I thought jindal was painful a year ago in the midst of a shitty primary cycle but I didn't think it was that bad.
A wise man will say that he knows nothing. We're gona party like its 2752 Hail Dark Brandon
Prev 1 99 100 101 102 103 10093 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings79
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1829
GuemChi 1604
Artosis 645
910 60
Bale 17
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm172
League of Legends
Doublelift3907
Counter-Strike
taco 57
minikerr4
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox218
Other Games
summit1g8711
shahzam631
JimRising 517
C9.Mang0350
PiGStarcraft280
Maynarde145
CosmosSc2 40
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick935
BasetradeTV204
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream18
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 113
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP73
• davetesta20
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
8h 58m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
9h 58m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
22h 58m
Patches Events
1d 14h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.