• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:32
CEST 08:32
KST 15:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9462 users

TSM Reginald Announces Retirement - Page 3

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
StUfF
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia1437 Posts
October 07 2012 03:03 GMT
#41
On October 07 2012 11:52 Kavas wrote:
Either they get another person who could lead the team (Chauster comes to mid, although he has repeatedly said he would prefer not to leave CLG) or the team has to completely revamp how they plan. TSM needs a play-maker now. But it's even harder to find a play-maker than it is to find an AP mid.


I don't think Chauster has much attachment to CLG, if you take a gander at the his posts on the CLG forums. he doesn't have the nicest words for his teammates and I recall he said he would leave if the money was good enough. I personally dislike his attitude, his "chauster's the smartest person ever" fan base and he's relatively untested/unproven as a shot-caller (Saint did the calls when he was part of CLG, I think Chauster does it now but they haven't had much success yet.)
Gator
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States3432 Posts
October 07 2012 03:22 GMT
#42
end of an era T_T;;
i hope they pick up chu8 tbh
TSM
ShurykaN
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States338 Posts
October 07 2012 03:24 GMT
#43


I'll miss Reginald. He was one of my favorite players.
BlackMagister
Profile Joined October 2008
United States5834 Posts
October 07 2012 03:30 GMT
#44
Does Chu8 actually take the game seriously? I would be more inclined to think a random player or poaching a player from another team than Chu8.
czylu
Profile Joined June 2012
477 Posts
October 07 2012 03:34 GMT
#45
o @#$%. Xpecial is a mad good mid.
Ryuu314
Profile Joined October 2009
United States12679 Posts
October 07 2012 03:51 GMT
#46
Pity Regi is retiring. He had his derp moments, but when he was playing well he was always one of the best AP mids in NA. He played really damn well at the world championships despite TSM losing.

Honestly, I don't think Xpecial should take up the AP mid role. He's a really strong AP mid and carry, but him and Chaox have such great synergy playing together I'm not convinced it's worth giving that up.
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
October 07 2012 04:05 GMT
#47
On October 07 2012 09:32 JerKy wrote:

Show nested quote +
With Reginald retiring, my sources are saying that Xpecial will move to mid and tryout supports. #LeagueofLegends

His sources are us yo
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
wussleeQ
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States3130 Posts
October 07 2012 04:05 GMT
#48
I'm guessing regi was talking about Azubu looking at the opponent's minimap during the pause that denied tsm of first blood.

(i really don't know who to believe though since i didn't manage to watch the game. just what i've read)
BW -> League -> CSGO
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
October 07 2012 04:08 GMT
#49
Reginald was one of the very first players I looked up to in this game, I remember the first time I played against him in a game and my friends and I screenshotted it and everything. Cheers to your retirement, and congrats on making yolomid into such a huge, wildly profitable thing.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
JerKy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Korea (South)3013 Posts
October 07 2012 04:12 GMT
#50
I really don't think its going to be Chu (PS: I don't get why people call him chu8, ive always referred to him as just chu since the HoN days)

There's been rumor that oldschool HoN pros are going to make a comeback and I'm willing to bet Chu will be a part of that considering he was considered the best HoN player of his time

And even aside from that, I don't think Chu really synergizes with teams right now, he plays too casually
You can type "StarCraft" with just your left hand.
GARO
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2255 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-07 04:13:50
October 07 2012 04:13 GMT
#51
On October 07 2012 12:30 BlackMagister wrote:
Does Chu8 actually take the game seriously? I would be more inclined to think a random player or poaching a player from another team than Chu8.

Last time I saw him streaming he was trying out as an AP mid for an NA team that I don't even remember the name for.
I think Season 3 and the whole being on a salaried team was the incentive that might have pushed him to do that though.
Frolossus
Profile Joined February 2010
United States4779 Posts
October 07 2012 04:14 GMT
#52
http://www.facebook.com/TSMReginald

regi facebook says he will only retire if they can actually find someone suitable to replace ap mid
QuakerOats
Profile Joined April 2009
United States1024 Posts
October 07 2012 04:18 GMT
#53
On October 07 2012 13:14 Frolossus wrote:
http://www.facebook.com/TSMReginald

regi facebook says he will only retire if they can actually find someone suitable to replace ap mid


I dunno what "more suitable than myself" means, I don't think anyone they could get would be better for the team than him.
overt
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States9006 Posts
October 07 2012 04:36 GMT
#54
On October 07 2012 13:14 Frolossus wrote:
http://www.facebook.com/TSMReginald

regi facebook says he will only retire if they can actually find someone suitable to replace ap mid


Rofl, so he probably won't be retiring at all.
Glaceau
Profile Joined February 2012
Wales333 Posts
October 07 2012 05:07 GMT
#55
lol Chu are people serious? its different games...he is so bad at LoL. his mid is atrocious, dont think ive ever seen him win it once
Cmon, swing it
HazMat
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States17077 Posts
October 07 2012 05:15 GMT
#56
On October 07 2012 12:24 RebelSlayer wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq5Ves19kDs

I'll miss Reginald. He was one of my favorite players.

This brings back a lot of good memories. I remember making fun of this video and his COUNT TO 2 and Agressive Playstyle remarks. Crazy to see him and TSM become such a huge brand. I really hope he doesn't retire, he can be annoying but you still gotta love him.

And yeah Chu is definitely not a good replacement lol. I can't think of anyone that would be a better fit than Regi tbh. There might be better midlaners but I doubt anyone will be able to lead better than Regi.
www.youtube.com/user/ShakeDrizzle | League and SSBM content creator | Armada's Youtube Editor
ShurykaN
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States338 Posts
October 07 2012 05:35 GMT
#57
He actually plays vs NeoIllusions in his Garen tutorial video on Twisted Treeline. Fun fact :D

Reginald is also a top tier streamer and player and no matter what happens in his future I wish him good fortune!
TheLink
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia2725 Posts
October 07 2012 05:39 GMT
#58
Are Chaox/Xpecial the longest running bot lane duo at the moment? would be a shame to break it up, especially for someone like Nhatt who, as much as I love the guy, isn't the best.
Only the weak link is strong enough to break the chain.
Kouda
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States2205 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-07 06:14:07
October 07 2012 06:08 GMT
#59
On October 07 2012 14:07 Glaceau wrote:
lol Chu are people serious? its different games...he is so bad at LoL. his mid is atrocious, dont think ive ever seen him win it once


You're not a shit player if Aphromoo duos with you haha. edit: Well I just thought of hafu lol, but I'm pretty sure aphro sees potential in Chu.

Chu does pretty decently imo.
HazMat
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States17077 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-07 06:15:13
October 07 2012 06:14 GMT
#60
On October 07 2012 15:08 Kouda wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 07 2012 14:07 Glaceau wrote:
lol Chu are people serious? its different games...he is so bad at LoL. his mid is atrocious, dont think ive ever seen him win it once


You're not a shit player if Aphromoo duos with you haha.

Chu does pretty decently imo.

He doesn't duo with Chu because he's good, he duos with Chu because he's famous. Sure he isn't the worst player in the world but TSM is the best team in NA. Any mid player who wants to go pro will play for them if they ask. It's all about finding the player for them and Chu is nowhere near that.
www.youtube.com/user/ShakeDrizzle | League and SSBM content creator | Armada's Youtube Editor
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 28m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 148
-ZergGirl 79
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1577
Hyuk 242
910 81
Bale 30
ZergMaN 20
NotJumperer 20
yabsab 15
Icarus 12
League of Legends
JimRising 611
Reynor54
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox576
Mew2King68
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor259
Other Games
summit1g7470
WinterStarcraft412
C9.Mang0260
PiGStarcraft236
Sick212
Livibee155
ArmadaUGS48
Happy21
ceh90
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick627
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream222
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2353
League of Legends
• Stunt538
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
4h 28m
Stellar Fest
6h 28m
The PondCast
1d 3h
OSC
1d 6h
Stellar Fest
1d 6h
OSC
1d 17h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.