• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:15
CEST 04:15
KST 11:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10033 users

Terrible anti foreigner reporting from MBC - Page 2

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 21 22 23 Next All
endy
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Switzerland8970 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-01 07:08:15
June 01 2012 07:06 GMT
#21
In Brachester defense, I live in China, and I personally know both : girls being victims, and guys who just sleep with different girls every week.

I hate unsubstantiated claims, but you can't ask for 5 academic papers every time someone says something. It's not like he said "oh I saw that issue on Vietnamese TV news too!"

As for the documentary itself, I don't see it as racist or anything, it mainly says that Korean women are very interested in foreigners and are 'easy' for them (see the girl waiting for a cab example). Then it says that some foreigners took advantage of it. To me the documentary blames as much the korean girls as the foreigns men.
ॐ
BlindKill
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Australia1508 Posts
June 01 2012 07:06 GMT
#22
One scene of a foreigner saying "koreans are beautiful". and the rest of the documentary they are protrayed as horny perverts and scammer and infects people with HIV. dafuq is this lol
“Life is a grindstone, and whether it grinds a man down or polishes him up depends on the stuff he's made of.”
OptimusYale
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Korea (South)1005 Posts
June 01 2012 07:08 GMT
#23
I'm suprised by some of the comments..I can see the 'wow this is pretty funny' stuff as if I saw it and it wasn't aimed at me (I'm dating a korean girl...2 years and still going). Kind of like the foreigner are pigs advert that came from samsung....though that was purely silly.

Yes it is easy to pick up foreigners, but to say we have HIV? anyone who is here for a long time has to have blood tests ON ARRIVAL. Also, you have to look at the morals of the woman if this actually is a problem...if they were so prudish they wouldnt be putting out so soon!
Meteo
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4 Posts
June 01 2012 07:08 GMT
#24
Um. It is not as if these women are helpless. Foreigners aren't going there and raping them. It is the same story here, and I bet it is the same over there. Women+Alcohol+Men= Sex. Foreign people are more attractive and appealing. There are probably natives in Korea that do the same thing, but no one cares because it is not a story.
"What am I seeing Tasteless?"
Fuzzmosis
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada752 Posts
June 01 2012 07:09 GMT
#25
I could swear there are asian womanisers. In fact, I would wager anyone here money that there are womanisers who aren't foreign in their situation.

Some guys like to sleep around, some girls like to sleep around, some guys like to make decisions you find questionable, so do some girls. Okay.
I'm From Canada, so they think I'm slow, eh?
Kiarip
Profile Joined August 2008
United States1835 Posts
June 01 2012 07:09 GMT
#26
I don't find this video particularly offensive, I mean sure it's biased, but not without reason. When a culture that is used to being isolated experiences large amount of foreigners through tourism or emigration it is natural for them to be concerned with the new-comers manners/habbits/actions, and and trying to protect their women is a part of that. In the end all it's really doing is painting foreigners in a somewhat negative light by highlighting some unfortunate behavior/occurances, and warning the Korean women from getting intimate with foreign men too fast.

Not "terrible anti foreigner reporting," just standard media sensationalism-skewed bias.
arbitrageur
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia1202 Posts
June 01 2012 07:10 GMT
#27
On June 01 2012 16:02 brachester wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2012 16:00 redtooth wrote:
On June 01 2012 15:59 brachester wrote:
On June 01 2012 15:55 arbitrageur wrote:
On June 01 2012 15:53 brachester wrote:
On June 01 2012 15:49 arbitrageur wrote:
On June 01 2012 15:46 brachester wrote:
It is somewhat a legitimate issues that not only happen in korea, but also in several Asian countries. The girls tend to prefer to have relationship with foreigners (for different purposes). As the guy in the video said, they tend to be quite rush in developing relationship with foreigners so it can lead to several issues such as HIV or scam which is the opposite with having relationship with Korean guys in which they have more time to figure whether the relationship is worth it.
I don't think the purpose of the video is about bashing foreigners, but rather spreading awareness about a legitimate issue.


Do you have any evidence for your claims?

I live in vietnam, and it is a legit issues here. You can do some research about it if you want. I cbf looking it up.


So it's a legit issue because you watch the news or you've actually looked at some scientific evidence? Which one?

wtf? Scientific evidence for what? That's a freaking major issue that almost everyone is aware of in vietnam, though it's not as bad as it used to be since people are now more aware of it.

if you can't cite at least 5 academic papers detailing the issue at hand then you have no legitimate right to state any kind of position. basically, you're a bigot.

-_-
How about I actually know a person who is a victim?


So you have 1 sample size? Do you understand the concept of distributions? If I find 1 person that got raped by a negro, you would be right in assuming that I can't extrapolate that 1 sample size observation to conduct inference towards the population.
pred470r
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Bulgaria3265 Posts
June 01 2012 07:10 GMT
#28
"Victims of foreigners" Rofl. Nothing to see in this video, just a bunch of stupid girls who got fucked for 1 night, and then the guy left.
arbitrageur
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia1202 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-01 07:12:26
June 01 2012 07:10 GMT
#29
On June 01 2012 16:06 endy wrote:
In Brachester defense, I live in China, and I personally know both : girls being victims, and guys who just sleep with different girls every week.

I hate unsubstantiated claims, but you can't ask for 5 academic papers every time someone says something. It's not like he said "oh I saw that issue on Vietnamese TV news too!"
.


So it's up to 2-10 sample size now? Very good. Try 10,000 and the appropriate robustness tests and then I'll pay attention to your claims.

Can't forget a control sample either...
BreakfastBurrito
Profile Joined November 2011
United States893 Posts
June 01 2012 07:10 GMT
#30
On June 01 2012 16:02 brachester wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2012 16:00 redtooth wrote:
On June 01 2012 15:59 brachester wrote:
On June 01 2012 15:55 arbitrageur wrote:
On June 01 2012 15:53 brachester wrote:
On June 01 2012 15:49 arbitrageur wrote:
On June 01 2012 15:46 brachester wrote:
It is somewhat a legitimate issues that not only happen in korea, but also in several Asian countries. The girls tend to prefer to have relationship with foreigners (for different purposes). As the guy in the video said, they tend to be quite rush in developing relationship with foreigners so it can lead to several issues such as HIV or scam which is the opposite with having relationship with Korean guys in which they have more time to figure whether the relationship is worth it.
I don't think the purpose of the video is about bashing foreigners, but rather spreading awareness about a legitimate issue.


Do you have any evidence for your claims?

I live in vietnam, and it is a legit issues here. You can do some research about it if you want. I cbf looking it up.


So it's a legit issue because you watch the news or you've actually looked at some scientific evidence? Which one?

wtf? Scientific evidence for what? That's a freaking major issue that almost everyone is aware of in vietnam, though it's not as bad as it used to be since people are now more aware of it.

if you can't cite at least 5 academic papers detailing the issue at hand then you have no legitimate right to state any kind of position. basically, you're a bigot.

-_-
How about I actually know a person who is a victim?


you know one person who is a victim

Guess its an international problem across all of asia!
Lil bit of a jump there
twitch.tv/jaytherey | Yapper891 if you are reading this, PM me. its Twisty.
brachester
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia1786 Posts
June 01 2012 07:13 GMT
#31
On June 01 2012 16:06 endy wrote:
In Brachester defense, I live in China, and I personally know both : girls being victims, and guys who just sleep with different girls every week.

I hate unsubstantiated claims, but you can't ask for 5 academic papers every time someone says something. It's not like he said "oh I saw that issue on Vietnamese TV news too!"

As for the documentary itself, I don't see it as racist or anything, it mainly says that Korean women are very interested in foreigners and are 'easy' for them (see the girl waiting for a cab example). Then it says that some foreigners took advantage of it. To me the documentary blames as much the korean girls as the foreigns men.

Yes, thank you. Finally a person using real experience and common sense instead of sticking their face into 5 academic papers.

@OptimusYale: They didn't say foreigners have HIV LOL. What they said is that it is easier for foreigner to take advantage of a korean girl eagerness to have relationship with foreigners, which lead to possible case of HIV. So they didn't necessary bash white people have HIV.
I hate all this singing
BlindKill
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Australia1508 Posts
June 01 2012 07:14 GMT
#32
On June 01 2012 16:10 arbitrageur wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2012 16:06 endy wrote:
In Brachester defense, I live in China, and I personally know both : girls being victims, and guys who just sleep with different girls every week.

I hate unsubstantiated claims, but you can't ask for 5 academic papers every time someone says something. It's not like he said "oh I saw that issue on Vietnamese TV news too!"
.


So it's up to 2-10 sample size now? Very good. Try 10,000 and the appropriate robustness tests and then I'll pay attention to your claims.

Can't forget a control sample either...


to be fair, MBC are the using anecdotes too. I don't see any compiled data
“Life is a grindstone, and whether it grinds a man down or polishes him up depends on the stuff he's made of.”
scph
Profile Joined June 2010
Korea (South)262 Posts
June 01 2012 07:16 GMT
#33
I don't understand why this is "trash" or bad? It's not offensive or negative at all. It's raising awareness about issues that do exist, and though it may sound offensive, it is just the way Asian culture is. I'm not Korean, but I am Asian, and as an Asian, I have seen this idea of "foreigners" shitting on Asians and their cultural values many times. I've also seen Asians shitting all over other people just because they're foreigners as well. The problem is, individuals group everyone into one category just because of their race or ethnicity and then people put a label on them, upsetting millions of people. If the video had presented its message in a more "appropriate" way, no one would be so uptight about it. But it isn't, so get over it. I love how in the U.S., one Asian guy does something horrible and he's immediately front page news, but twenty other white guys have done the same thing yet they get a 1 minute coverage on Breaking News, Live at 11. It's the fucking media folks, deal with it.

Anyways, generally speaking, the Asians have very conservative cultures. They will speak about foreigners in disrespectful ways and will look down on interracial relationships. But you know what? There is a good amount of truth in the things Asians have to say about "foreigners". But it's not just foreigners causing problems, everyone does it to everyone else at some point. It's only being emphasized in Korea because it's starting to become a large issue there.

endy
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Switzerland8970 Posts
June 01 2012 07:17 GMT
#34
On June 01 2012 16:10 arbitrageur wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2012 16:06 endy wrote:
In Brachester defense, I live in China, and I personally know both : girls being victims, and guys who just sleep with different girls every week.

I hate unsubstantiated claims, but you can't ask for 5 academic papers every time someone says something. It's not like he said "oh I saw that issue on Vietnamese TV news too!"
.


So it's up to 2-10 sample size now? Very good. Try 10,000 and the appropriate robustness tests and then I'll pay attention to your claims.

Can't forget a control sample either...


I was just saying you can't ask for 5 academic papers every time you make a claim. You want me to go through your post history to see if you attach 5 academic papers every time you claim something ?
And don't use that condescending tone on me please.
ॐ
Forsy
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada36 Posts
June 01 2012 07:17 GMT
#35
Most of the issues they mention can be solved by:

1) Common/Sense Intelligence - have korean women make smarter decisions on which kind of people she dates (foreigner or not), and understand what reason the men are most likely to go for her. Hint: it's not for learning to speak Korean, or to find a starcraft date, although sometimes the latter is true!

2) Condoms - pregnancies and STIs are much less likely with "teh rubber".
sekritzzz
Profile Joined December 2010
1515 Posts
June 01 2012 07:17 GMT
#36
On June 01 2012 16:00 redtooth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2012 15:59 brachester wrote:
On June 01 2012 15:55 arbitrageur wrote:
On June 01 2012 15:53 brachester wrote:
On June 01 2012 15:49 arbitrageur wrote:
On June 01 2012 15:46 brachester wrote:
It is somewhat a legitimate issues that not only happen in korea, but also in several Asian countries. The girls tend to prefer to have relationship with foreigners (for different purposes). As the guy in the video said, they tend to be quite rush in developing relationship with foreigners so it can lead to several issues such as HIV or scam which is the opposite with having relationship with Korean guys in which they have more time to figure whether the relationship is worth it.
I don't think the purpose of the video is about bashing foreigners, but rather spreading awareness about a legitimate issue.


Do you have any evidence for your claims?

I live in vietnam, and it is a legit issues here. You can do some research about it if you want. I cbf looking it up.


So it's a legit issue because you watch the news or you've actually looked at some scientific evidence? Which one?

wtf? Scientific evidence for what? That's a freaking major issue that almost everyone is aware of in vietnam, though it's not as bad as it used to be since people are now more aware of it.

if you can't cite at least 5 academic papers detailing the issue at hand then you have no legitimate right to state any kind of position. basically, you're a bigot.

what the hell ? rofl? What an absurd request. You called him a bigot when you're completely oblivious to the situation at hand? Only the USA/Europe write massive research papers about everything, and anything. I'm not defending the video nor his point but to make yourself sound like an expert on the topic when you don't even know about "Asian women's" mentality when it comes to foreign men is ridiculous. It's pretty much common knowledge in that area of the world and I don't even come from a South East Asian country myself.
Deleted User 61629
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
1664 Posts
June 01 2012 07:19 GMT
#37
--- Nuked ---
arbitrageur
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia1202 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-01 07:21:21
June 01 2012 07:20 GMT
#38
On June 01 2012 16:17 endy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2012 16:10 arbitrageur wrote:
On June 01 2012 16:06 endy wrote:
In Brachester defense, I live in China, and I personally know both : girls being victims, and guys who just sleep with different girls every week.

I hate unsubstantiated claims, but you can't ask for 5 academic papers every time someone says something. It's not like he said "oh I saw that issue on Vietnamese TV news too!"
.


So it's up to 2-10 sample size now? Very good. Try 10,000 and the appropriate robustness tests and then I'll pay attention to your claims.

Can't forget a control sample either...


I was just saying you can't ask for 5 academic papers every time you make a claim. You want me to go through your post history to see if you attach 5 academic papers every time you claim something ?
And don't use that condescending tone on me please.


You think something is true because you experience it in 2-5 sample size. This is bad thinking. So here N is 3, N-1 is 2, your standard error is massive and you can't make inference from any z/t that you estimate. Is that better?

I've asked you both for evidence of your truth claims. You've provided none.

Case closed, arbitrageur out.

User was banned for this post.
Kimaker
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2131 Posts
June 01 2012 07:21 GMT
#39
Whoa...jeez people, back off Brachester.

Seriously, 5 academic papers with citation? Attacking the guy for providing anecdotal evidence (not invalid)? Get off your intellectual high horse. I'm sure he wasn't generalizing in an overt way (didn't seem like it to me), just making observations.

On topic: Pretty funny actually. Got a good laugh out of that.
Entusman #54 (-_-) ||"Gold is for the Mistress-Silver for the Maid-Copper for the craftsman cunning in his trade. "Good!" said the Baron, sitting in his hall, But Iron — Cold Iron — is master of them all|| "Optimism is Cowardice."- Oswald Spengler
DidYuhim
Profile Joined September 2011
Ukraine1905 Posts
June 01 2012 07:24 GMT
#40
Total BS.
It's embarrassing that this topic even got picked up. There are lots of programs like this everywhere. Just picking stuff out of the context and making some people look bad.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 21 22 23 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta29
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech140
RuFF_SC2 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1254
Artosis 609
Rain 409
Dewaltoss 55
NaDa 19
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm188
League of Legends
Doublelift3797
Counter-Strike
taco 506
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox587
Other Games
summit1g8096
C9.Mang0296
WinterStarcraft285
Maynarde137
ViBE119
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV164
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 44
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
20h 46m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 7h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 14h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 16h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.