• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:54
CEST 20:54
KST 03:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9481 users

The PUA community - Page 142

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 140 141 142
squattincassanova
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States650 Posts
May 18 2012 14:01 GMT
#2821
On May 18 2012 20:15 NDDseer wrote:
To be discussed: what do you do to centre attention on yourself (without being either really demanding, needy or arrogant) / draw someone in to an extended conversation once you have their attention, ESPECIALLY if they're distracted by their friends / some other activity or errand they feel they need to complete.

EDIT: I probably didn't do a very good job of matching their energy levels, one of them was very amped-up, but I don't know how I could have done so unless I joined in their game, which I didn't because I thought it better to be laid back, and get them into a frame of impressing me by their game, which they both fell for. In retrospect, I still think this was a good decision, but the energy level thing really seems a sticking point for improvement.



Not really a tactic as much as as a core skill that comes to you naturally after experience. When I go into a set with weaker wings, the girls naturally focus their attention towards me slowly. I have to consciously tone down my verbals as to not steal my wing's sets.

But matching energy level is huge, for me its easier to tone down than go up in energy level. Thats why I took acting class. Also dancing helps a lot. If you can dance, in a the club you can automatically raise energy just by dancing.
http://www.youtube.com/squattincassanova (Pickup In-Field) Subscribe if you like!
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
May 18 2012 15:14 GMT
#2822
On May 18 2012 20:15 NDDseer wrote:
So, I meet these two girls today at the local shopping centre. I'm sitting on some public couches, and they come over and muck around, I'm the only one there so I take it as a cue and open indirect.

I get their names, introduce myself, get a little bit of backstory and make them laugh a couple of times. Problem is, though they're enjoying talking to me, they're also in the middle of a competition to do crazy stuff (confronting strangers over "breaking up with them", that sort of thing) in public, and so are continually jumping up, making as if to do something, and then chickening out.

After five minutes, their female friend + a guy who seems to be her boyfriend wander along, have clearly been hanging with them in the recent past and say hi and also sit down on the couches. I say hi, but that's it.

I talk to the two girls for a bit longer, watch one finally stop a guy, tell him he loves her, and then make a hasty exit, to return a couple of minutes later. I have something else scheduled, and need to get moving, so I tell them I'm leaving ("it was entertaining, but 5/10 for the stunts, too much chickening out") and go. Didn't get their phone numbers, because I never managed to get one of them to fully focus on me for more than about 15 seconds at a time, so I couldn't build a strong enough connection leading in to it.

To be discussed: what do you do to centre attention on yourself (without being either really demanding, needy or arrogant) / draw someone in to an extended conversation once you have their attention, ESPECIALLY if they're distracted by their friends / some other activity or errand they feel they need to complete.

EDIT: I probably didn't do a very good job of matching their energy levels, one of them was very amped-up, but I don't know how I could have done so unless I joined in their game, which I didn't because I thought it better to be laid back, and get them into a frame of impressing me by their game, which they both fell for. In retrospect, I still think this was a good decision, but the energy level thing really seems a sticking point for improvement.


In that specific scenario: Tell them they're chickens, find out what their competition is exactly about, laugh about it and tell them how easy that is in a funny ball-busting way. Once they're like "Yeah, sure..", just treat one of them as your wing, grab her and drag her into a "set". (If it was just about the "break up with a stranger"-stuff, that should be rather easy to pull for any aspiring PUA =P)

Do the whole thing 1-2 times, share more laughs, tell them the usual "Blabla you're cool I do xy soon you'd fit in perfectly blabla" -> NC.


In general btw, when you're in a set, their buddies come in and you don't have a real connection yet with your initial set you screwed up earlier. When that happens to me I either ignore the new guys completely besides an initial "hi" and wait to get introduced/ask by them who I am (great if they newcomers seem passive/friendly), or drag them in immediately to befriend them if they seem rather hostile / cockblocky.

When the "new guys" roll in while you're still within the first minutes, just drag them into whatever opening you used and treat them as part of the original set.


PS: Now that I think of it more, it would probably be even BETTER if you'd take the whole thing supersrs, get them to explain their competition and then start a huge scene where you break up with one of them right there. =P

What I'm trying to say is, due to the fact that you sit there and pretend to be cool you DON'T set the frame for the interaction. You aren't the judge of their game, you're just a random dude sitting their and laughing a bit about what they're doing. The way to take control and lead in this situation is to hop into their frame and take control of it. (The other way would be to set up your own and make them join yours but that seems rather hard in that scenario.)
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
bonedriven
Profile Joined August 2010
258 Posts
May 18 2012 18:22 GMT
#2823
I once read somewhere a PUA said "Never tell the girl you like her until you have slept with her." I wonder if it rings true. Thank you guys.
Hence,"Like a Virgin."
squattincassanova
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States650 Posts
May 18 2012 18:30 GMT
#2824
On May 19 2012 03:22 bonedriven wrote:
I once read somewhere a PUA said "Never tell the girl you like her until you have slept with her." I wonder if it rings true. Thank you guys.



That PUA clearly doesn't know how to do qualifications. Showing interest is normal. Once you get enough compliance and investment, you should tell her why you like her besides her looks. You throw a good qualification at the right time, and you can see the puppy dog face in her.

This girl I showed in the page above
[image loading]


She kept hinting that she was smart and blah blah. Basically I told her "you know, i'm sure everyone assumes you are the typical club girl, but I can tell you're different.... you blah blah traveled the world and I can tell you have ambitions in the areas of blah blah blah". Stuck pretty hard.
http://www.youtube.com/squattincassanova (Pickup In-Field) Subscribe if you like!
rEiGN~
Profile Joined September 2010
369 Posts
May 18 2012 18:41 GMT
#2825
yeah, I've never really qualified girls but last weekend was out alone and I tried something I learned recently. had been hanging with and making out with this girl and at some point it just felt natural to qualify her. so I said something like "you know what <pause> you're pretty cool." meeting her again this Sunday.
TL.net Stream Viewer Count http://goo.gl/ahf1E
SeXyBaCk
Profile Joined January 2012
Switzerland174 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-18 19:14:51
May 18 2012 19:13 GMT
#2826
I wouldn't tell girls you like them, it might get them to reciprocate, or even worse, get you laid.

Squat, your girl up there has a big ass, at least in that shot...like you need me telling you huh.
squattincassanova
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States650 Posts
May 18 2012 20:23 GMT
#2827
On May 19 2012 03:41 rEiGN~ wrote:
yeah, I've never really qualified girls but last weekend was out alone and I tried something I learned recently. had been hanging with and making out with this girl and at some point it just felt natural to qualify her. so I said something like "you know what <pause> you're pretty cool." meeting her again this Sunday.



"You're pretty cool" - is a pretty weak qualification. Since you're going on another date, she probably already likes you.

QUOTE]On May 19 2012 04:13 SeXyBaCk wrote:
Squat, your girl up there has a big ass, at least in that shot...like you need me telling you huh.[/QUOTE]

Hey, there is a reason half my LRs are Latinas lol! (shes Italian but whatever)
http://www.youtube.com/squattincassanova (Pickup In-Field) Subscribe if you like!
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
May 18 2012 20:32 GMT
#2828
I'm closing this thread. After internal mod discussion we've determined that this thread just isn't working out.

The posts in this thread are, for the most part, horribly atrocious, the kind of posts that would warrant action elsewhere on tl. The quality is so bad that none of us wants to go through and send out two hundred warnings, nor do we really want to constantly supervise this thread. It doesn't matter if we work on reports, lots of posts are trash and it's just best removing the thread than having to moderate everything about it. There's also the fact that its become more of a personal blog for a few people, rather than a thread with actual discussion.

In fact the thread has reached such a level of awful posting that I'm using my 10k post to close it.
Moderator
Prev 1 140 141 142
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 812
SteadfastSC497
EnkiAlexander 75
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 497
UpATreeSC 115
JuggernautJason64
BRAT_OK 47
PtitDrogo 38
MindelVK 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32126
Soulkey 323
Dewaltoss 113
Mind 39
Mini 34
Trap 30
ToSsGirL 25
Shine 20
NotJumperer 2
Dota 2
Dendi965
qojqva693
Counter-Strike
fl0m1539
Fnx 759
shoxiejesuss608
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King122
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2598
Khaldor2269
Liquid`Hasu766
Other Games
Grubby2996
ArmadaUGS1215
B2W.Neo575
ceh9521
byalli449
C9.Mang0152
Chillindude96
Trikslyr51
Pyrionflax30
Railgan20
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream78
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 8
• Reevou 6
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 31
• Azhi_Dahaki30
• 80smullet 16
• FirePhoenix15
• ZZZeroYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade1080
Other Games
• imaqtpie1060
• Scarra575
• Shiphtur306
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
15h 6m
OSC
18h 6m
Stellar Fest
18h 6m
OSC
1d 5h
Stellar Fest
1d 18h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.