• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:46
CEST 14:46
KST 21:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8514 users

What Would TL look like without Mods?

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Normal
MichaelClark
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States4 Posts
December 25 2009 20:48 GMT
#1
I was a longtime poster on gg.net but recently, I think I'm finally committed enough to improving and really interacting with the community that I decided to graduate to TL.net. The first thing I noticed when I signed up was the ten commandments

Wow. I was speechless at how strict the rules were at first. How could any forum be so strict and still maintain a fun atmosphere? The answer, as I soon came to realize, was in the moderators. With each of them sporting their own unique style and banning the random idiots that crop up occasionally, TL was like heaven compared to some of the other forums I've seen.

I'd like to thank the mods now for keeping such a high level of content on the site while still keeping it fun. But, I wonder, what would this site look like without such strict moderators?

hmm, I loaded up a page of gaiaonline and took a look at hell itself:

[image loading]


LMAO, I don't think TL would ever get that bad without strict moderating, but seriously, what do you think would happen? Of course, everyone is gonna point out the negatives like shitty posters not getting banned, previously banned users coming back again and again, flame wars allowed to go on unabated, etc. But think of the positives too. There'd be a lot more potential for funny topics to stay open, or freedom to passionately express your like/dislike for a particular player.

So what do you think guys? What would happen if the mods decided to take a vacation for a week or two?
So no fek
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3001 Posts
December 25 2009 20:52 GMT
#2
It would degenerate into nothing but tired 4chan jokes.
#1 Shuttle fan - TeamLiquid CJ Entusman #36 BW4lyfe
Try
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States1293 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-25 20:53:32
December 25 2009 20:53 GMT
#3
I think it would be a good idea... mods take a week off, allow everyone to reveal their true colors, then lay down the hammer.
Gruv
Profile Joined October 2009
United Kingdom379 Posts
December 25 2009 20:54 GMT
#4
It would be hell! God bless the mods!
Well butter my biscuit.
Archerofaiur
Profile Joined August 2008
United States4101 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-25 20:58:32
December 25 2009 20:58 GMT
#5
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

oh wait there still here?
http://sclegacy.com/news/28-scl/250-starcraftlegacy-macro-theorycrafting-contest-winners
aeroH
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States1034 Posts
December 25 2009 20:59 GMT
#6
i'd bump threads from years back just for the hell if it in every forum
intotherainx
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States504 Posts
December 25 2009 20:59 GMT
#7
it wouldnt have threads like this

the irony
Athos
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States2484 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-25 21:01:38
December 25 2009 21:00 GMT
#8
I think there would be a lot of 'u gotta skate' jokes.


oh....wait....
Meta
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States6228 Posts
December 25 2009 21:32 GMT
#9
It would be exactly like every other shitty forum on the internet: a waste of time. TL is the only forum I visit because it's so damn quality. There have been some controversial bans in the past, people who occasionally would post hilarious things (stimey, chibi) but overall I think every ban has been for the best.
good vibes only
jello_biafra
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United Kingdom6642 Posts
December 25 2009 21:32 GMT
#10
Anarchy, absolute anarchy something like this

but, you know, online
The road to hell is paved with good intentions | aka Probert[PaiN] @ iccup / godlikeparagon @ twitch | my BW stream: http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/jello_biafra
Avidkeystamper
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States8556 Posts
December 25 2009 21:33 GMT
#11
Live Report threads.
Jaedong
statix
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States1760 Posts
December 25 2009 21:38 GMT
#12
If a post weren't "first" it would be "1a2a3a".
SCC-Caliban
StarN
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States2587 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-25 21:43:29
December 25 2009 21:40 GMT
#13
lol "how long do you hold your pee for???"

Well...
Retired BW Noob
Kennigit *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada19447 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-25 22:01:36
December 25 2009 22:00 GMT
#14
It would look like the bnet forums...which actually do have mods but i guess they actually have to worry about banning customers. Seriously,reading and replying politely to bnet randoms must be really draining .
Archaic
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States4024 Posts
December 25 2009 22:01 GMT
#15
On December 26 2009 06:40 StarN wrote:
lol "how long do you hold your pee for???"

Well...

About as long as your penis would have to be to get wet when sitting on a toilet.
Dark.Carnival
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States5095 Posts
December 25 2009 22:07 GMT
#16
racenilatr and kdog would make dozens of more shitty blogs... and they wouldn't get closed T_T
@QxGDarkCell ._.
Amnesia
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3818 Posts
December 25 2009 22:09 GMT
#17
On December 26 2009 07:07 xDark.Carnivalx wrote:
racenilatr and kdog would make dozens of more shitty blogs... and they wouldn't get closed T_T


oh my fucking god rofl
Lovin
Profile Joined May 2009
Denmark812 Posts
December 25 2009 22:13 GMT
#18
Somebody needs to make a thread on "how long do you hold your pee for???" on TL xDDD
AKA SuddenSalad
Bibbit
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada5377 Posts
December 25 2009 22:16 GMT
#19
I thought it said "If there was a pit to get rid of homosexuality" and I laughed so hard.

For those of you who dont want to check, the word was "pill"
bITt.mAN
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Switzerland3700 Posts
December 25 2009 22:18 GMT
#20
A nightmare for any civilized/ non-juvenile person.

I can't help but point out the notepad document minimized at the bottom of your screen:
"trollingideas.txt"
lol
BW4LYF . . . . . . PM me, I LOVE PMs. . . . . . Long live "NaDa's Body" . . . . . . Fantasy | Bisu/Best | Jaedong . . . . .
Dark.Carnival
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States5095 Posts
December 25 2009 22:19 GMT
#21
nice "trollingideas" on the taskbar
@QxGDarkCell ._.
Butigroove
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Seychelles2061 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-25 22:23:58
December 25 2009 22:23 GMT
#22
On December 26 2009 05:48 MichaelClark wrote:
gg.net
beach beers buds beezies b-b-b-baaanelings
Not_Computer
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada2277 Posts
December 25 2009 22:29 GMT
#23
On December 26 2009 07:19 xDark.Carnivalx wrote:
nice "trollingideas" on the taskbar


I like when people post unedited full-screen screenshots while they're doing something or trying to show something, then the comments and reactions as people pick it apart.
"Jaedong hyung better be ready. I'm going to order the most expensive dinner in Korea."
Skyze
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada2324 Posts
December 25 2009 22:41 GMT
#24
Anyone remember the EO-gaming forums? Just like that.
Canada Gaming ~~ The-Feared
Draconizard
Profile Joined October 2008
628 Posts
December 25 2009 23:08 GMT
#25
I really hope this isn't yet another tdot troll thread.
white
Profile Joined August 2009
Korea (North)62 Posts
December 25 2009 23:17 GMT
#26
It all depends on what type of forum you are trying to create. WIthout any type of moderation most forums tend to move into the 4chan direction as clearly is the case of the Gaia forums..
Things in the Democratic People's Republic of Korea are hard, as always....
Gann1
Profile Joined July 2009
United States1575 Posts
December 25 2009 23:25 GMT
#27
TL needs an anachronistic steampunk thread.
I drop suckas like Plinko
Alethios
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
New Zealand2765 Posts
December 26 2009 00:06 GMT
#28
On December 26 2009 06:32 Meta wrote:
It would be exactly like every other shitty forum on the internet: a waste of time. TL is the only forum I visit because it's so damn quality. There have been some controversial bans in the past, people who occasionally would post hilarious things (stimey, chibi) but overall I think every ban has been for the best.

Yep, pretty much in total agreement here. No longer visit any other forum.

The bans have been, by and large, justified and necessary. The closed threads have been, with the odd exception, unworthy. Go to 4chan if you want 4chan I reckon. The mods are obviously people, but seem to keep the use of their powers largely subjective.

It all help towards creating a community where people are respectful and ideas, jokes, stories are shared by all and creativity and contribution is encouraged.

I think it speaks volumes that despite this being a forum dedicated to the following of a video game, we have a number of active, prominent females and many more less prominent besides who are treated with respect and feel comfortable posting and interacting with other teamliquidites.

Cheers mods. Keep up the great work.
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.
Suc
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Australia1569 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-26 00:11:04
December 26 2009 00:08 GMT
#29
I would leave TL if the mods did, it is such an awesome environment because of them.

I'm the same as a lot of you, since I joined TL.net I no longer visit any other forums because I never realised how incredibly bad they were compared to teamliquid. I truly think this is the best forum on the internet :D
ShaperofDreams
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada2492 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-26 00:34:40
December 26 2009 00:31 GMT
#30
Like this:
[image loading]


edit: (if any of you are wondering) yes, that is hiroshima
Bitches don't know about my overlord. FUCK OFF ALDARIS I HAVE ENOUGH PYLONS. My Balls are as smooth as Eggs.
Triple7
Profile Joined April 2009
United States656 Posts
December 26 2009 00:54 GMT
#31
I'd say this:
[image loading]
지지이이이이이이이이이이이
[GiTM]-Ace
Profile Joined September 2002
United States4935 Posts
December 26 2009 00:56 GMT
#32
every topic would have ... 1st 2nd... 3rd... as 1st 3 replies
I may not be the best player right now but I think I can beat any 'best' players. I'll beat all the best players and become the best player. Watch me. - Jju
flag
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States228 Posts
December 26 2009 01:56 GMT
#33
I used a secret program to view the contents of his "trollingideas.txt". First on the list was
Attempt to get moderators to take a week off at tl.net then try to turn it into gaiaonline, where I retry some of the below previously failed troll attempts
Faronel
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States658 Posts
December 26 2009 01:58 GMT
#34
Without the mods, everything would be an internet utopia. The collective people of TL would band together and self-govern, giving to each poster what he [or she] needs and each poster contributing what he [or she] can contribute to benefit the society. Everyone would live with every internet want satisfied.

In our current oppressed internet society, the mods only serve as an internet secret police, bringing down internet justice against the netizens. They oppress us and stir up the masses such that there is a revolution ready to take place.

Every topic would be intellectually and socially sound. There would be no need for sub sections, as every topic would receive the same attention from all the forum-goers. All the commenters would put moltewarding like thought and vernacular into each and every sentence.

The automated ban list would be a thing of the past, as well as the commandments, for they would be things of an antiquated and flawed society, a society run by mods.

C'est la vie...
Leath
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
Canada1724 Posts
December 26 2009 02:03 GMT
#35
gaiaonline is the lamest site ever.
It's a huge nest of kids and teenage emos.
Just the thought of TL getting anything close to it scares me lol

Stay away from gaia o.o
http://www.kongregate.com/?referrer=Sagess
Amber[LighT]
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States5078 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-26 02:58:18
December 26 2009 02:56 GMT
#36
it would probably be a more fun place. People here have poles the size of pillars up their asses about the smallest things.

Well.... I guess I should say this place wouldn't be better without mods, but if the mods were just a bit more lenient about shit this place wouldn't be like nazi germany.
"We have unfinished business, I and he."
ghostWriter
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3302 Posts
December 26 2009 03:02 GMT
#37
I would act exactly the same...except I wouldn't do translation threads after I get warned to get back on the mods' good side.
Sullifam
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
December 26 2009 03:02 GMT
#38
GG.net.
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
EvilTeletubby
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Baltimore, USA22261 Posts
December 26 2009 03:04 GMT
#39
http://boards.4chan.org/b/
Moderatorhttp://carbonleaf.yuku.com/topic/408/t/So-I-proposed-at-a-Carbon-Leaf-concert.html ***** RIP Geoff
Adeny
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Norway1233 Posts
December 26 2009 03:04 GMT
#40
Just click closed and you would know.
Drowsy
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States4876 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-26 03:40:28
December 26 2009 03:39 GMT
#41
Pretty shitty, it'd devolve into constant imbalance whining and 4chan reposts. One thing that pissed me off was kennigit stifling the marriage discussion in the Nony thread, that was pure facism.
Our Protoss, Who art in Aiur HongUn be Thy name; Thy stalker come, Thy will be blunk, on ladder as it is in Micro Tourny. Give us this win in our daily ladder, and forgive us our cheeses, As we forgive those who play zerg against us.
lazz
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Australia3119 Posts
December 26 2009 03:41 GMT
#42
people still go to b? that site hasnt been relevant for about 3 or 4 years.
Tom Phoenix
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
1114 Posts
December 26 2009 03:57 GMT
#43
On December 26 2009 05:48 MichaelClark wrote:
I was a longtime poster on gg.net but recently, I think I'm finally committed enough to improving and really interacting with the community that I decided to graduate to TL.net. The first thing I noticed when I signed up was the ten commandments

Wow. I was speechless at how strict the rules were at first. How could any forum be so strict and still maintain a fun atmosphere? The answer, as I soon came to realize, was in the moderators. With each of them sporting their own unique style and banning the random idiots that crop up occasionally, TL was like heaven compared to some of the other forums I've seen.

I'd like to thank the mods now for keeping such a high level of content on the site while still keeping it fun. But, I wonder, what would this site look like without such strict moderators?

hmm, I loaded up a page of gaiaonline and took a look at hell itself:

[image loading]


LMAO, I don't think TL would ever get that bad without strict moderating, but seriously, what do you think would happen? Of course, everyone is gonna point out the negatives like shitty posters not getting banned, previously banned users coming back again and again, flame wars allowed to go on unabated, etc. But think of the positives too. There'd be a lot more potential for funny topics to stay open, or freedom to passionately express your like/dislike for a particular player.

So what do you think guys? What would happen if the mods decided to take a vacation for a week or two?


The picture you provided gives the answer. It would look like the Blog section of TL, since I would not be suprised to see at least half of the topics mentioned in that picture there (yes, I am aware that the picture is of another forum entirely).

Seriously, though. If TL has at least one flaw, the Blog section would be it. Never before have I seen the contents of a Forum section so entirely miss the point of that section`s purpose, since the majority of it are more like random forum threads as opposed to actual blogs. At this point, you might as well call it the "Miscellaneous/All of the Above/Second General" section, since all of those would be far more appropriate titles for what that part of the forum is used for.

Other then that, however, Team Liquid is a preety good website. Flaming and trolling still occurs, but that is to be expected from a community of this size. Had it not been for the relatively strict moderation, it would have been a lot worse. It would be like in the early days of the SC2 section...*shudders*
You and your "5 years of competitive RTS experience" can take a hike. - FrozenArbiter
520
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2822 Posts
December 26 2009 04:06 GMT
#44
... how long do you hold your pee for?
Writer
meegrean
Profile Joined May 2008
Thailand7699 Posts
December 26 2009 04:19 GMT
#45
Basically, the youtube comment section.
Brood War loyalist
writer22816
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States5775 Posts
December 26 2009 04:21 GMT
#46
www.gosugamers.net
8/4/12 never forget, never forgive.
Crunchums
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States11144 Posts
December 26 2009 04:22 GMT
#47
awful
brood war for life, brood war forever
meegrean
Profile Joined May 2008
Thailand7699 Posts
December 26 2009 04:25 GMT
#48
On December 26 2009 13:21 writer22816 wrote:
www.gosugamers.net

Gosugamers is not that bad, honestly.
Brood War loyalist
Equaoh
Profile Joined October 2008
Canada427 Posts
December 26 2009 04:25 GMT
#49
If that board is any indication, our love of vampirism would be rivaled only by our love of supporting trans people
alffla
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Hong Kong20321 Posts
December 26 2009 04:42 GMT
#50
;lmao trolling ideas.txt
Graphicssavior[gm] : What is a “yawn” rape ;; Masumune - It was the year of the pig for those fucking defilers. Chill - A clinic you say? okum: SC without Korean yelling is like porn without sex. konamix: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY!
Trident
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Bhutan54 Posts
December 26 2009 04:47 GMT
#51
would be un-funny 1a2a3a4a5a jokes all day
Dont stress, meditate
blagoonga123
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States2068 Posts
December 26 2009 04:48 GMT
#52
Fuck yeah we have RULES
FOOL! Pain is my friend! Now let me introduce you to it!
geegee1
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States618 Posts
December 26 2009 04:52 GMT
#53
TL will become a pronosite too with SC girls. then i would be trolling everyone. EVERYONE
but i cant.
pew pew
Zelniq
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
United States7166 Posts
December 26 2009 05:03 GMT
#54

What Would TL look like without Mods?

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=64016
ModeratorBlame yourself or God
writer22816
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States5775 Posts
December 26 2009 05:12 GMT
#55
On December 26 2009 14:03 Zelniq wrote:
Show nested quote +

What Would TL look like without Mods?

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=64016


How did I not think of that -__-
8/4/12 never forget, never forgive.
QuanticHawk
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States32159 Posts
December 26 2009 18:01 GMT
#56
lol people still think this is like nazi germany with mods?
PROFESSIONAL GAMER - SEND ME OFFERS TO JOIN YOUR TEAM - USA USA USA
Saturnize
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States2473 Posts
December 26 2009 18:22 GMT
#57
It wouldn't have threads like those in the first place. We are starcraft players not "emos" or w/e.
"Time to put the mustard on the hotdog. -_-"
Saturnize
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States2473 Posts
December 26 2009 18:31 GMT
#58
On December 26 2009 11:56 Amber[LighT] wrote:
it would probably be a more fun place. People here have poles the size of pillars up their asses about the smallest things.

Well.... I guess I should say this place wouldn't be better without mods, but if the mods were just a bit more lenient about shit this place wouldn't be like nazi germany.


The iccup admins are worse.
"Time to put the mustard on the hotdog. -_-"
semantics
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
10040 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-26 18:34:55
December 26 2009 18:31 GMT
#59
For the most part tl mods are very lax, memes, one liners and image macro would get many people auto perma banned no matter what for here it really depends on alot of things mostly on how the mods are feeling :D
TheAntZ
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Israel6248 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-26 18:33:15
December 26 2009 18:32 GMT
#60
On December 27 2009 03:22 Saturnize wrote:
It wouldn't have threads like those in the first place. We are starcraft players not "emos" or w/e.

hahaha wow you have no idea

On December 26 2009 14:03 Zelniq wrote:
Show nested quote +

What Would TL look like without Mods?

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=64016


Oh god that thread is scary
43084 | Honeybadger: "So july, you're in the GSL finals. How do you feel?!" ~ July: "HUNGRY."
Saturnize
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States2473 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-26 18:37:17
December 26 2009 18:36 GMT
#61

"Time to put the mustard on the hotdog. -_-"
sky_slasher
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States328 Posts
December 26 2009 20:03 GMT
#62
It would be like Starcraft Gallery...where ppl constantly post a stream of one liners...still kinda useful and fun

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=starcraft
Falcynn
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3597 Posts
December 26 2009 20:16 GMT
#63
On December 26 2009 12:57 Tom Phoenix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 26 2009 05:48 MichaelClark wrote:
I was a longtime poster on gg.net but recently, I think I'm finally committed enough to improving and really interacting with the community that I decided to graduate to TL.net. The first thing I noticed when I signed up was the ten commandments

Wow. I was speechless at how strict the rules were at first. How could any forum be so strict and still maintain a fun atmosphere? The answer, as I soon came to realize, was in the moderators. With each of them sporting their own unique style and banning the random idiots that crop up occasionally, TL was like heaven compared to some of the other forums I've seen.

I'd like to thank the mods now for keeping such a high level of content on the site while still keeping it fun. But, I wonder, what would this site look like without such strict moderators?

hmm, I loaded up a page of gaiaonline and took a look at hell itself:

[image loading]


LMAO, I don't think TL would ever get that bad without strict moderating, but seriously, what do you think would happen? Of course, everyone is gonna point out the negatives like shitty posters not getting banned, previously banned users coming back again and again, flame wars allowed to go on unabated, etc. But think of the positives too. There'd be a lot more potential for funny topics to stay open, or freedom to passionately express your like/dislike for a particular player.

So what do you think guys? What would happen if the mods decided to take a vacation for a week or two?

Seriously, though. If TL has at least one flaw, the Blog section would be it. Never before have I seen the contents of a Forum section so entirely miss the point of that section`s purpose, since the majority of it are more like random forum threads as opposed to actual blogs. At this point, you might as well call it the "Miscellaneous/All of the Above/Second General" section, since all of those would be far more appropriate titles for what that part of the forum is used for.
To be honest, I think the blog section is a nice addition to the forum. Not so much for it's content, but for the fact that it seems to work as a filter for the other boards. Anytime someone has a crappy idea for a thread or wants to vent, they post a blog instead of in general, anytime someone wants to bitch about a player, they post in blogs instead of Broodwar/Strategy, etc. Maybe I'm imagining things, but ever since the blog section came to existence, the other boards have become much more improved.
Eatme
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
Switzerland3919 Posts
December 26 2009 20:54 GMT
#64
It would be like:
a)X17
b)4chan
c)Youtube comments
d)All of the above
I have the best fucking lawyers in the country including the man they call the Malmis.
jalstar
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States8198 Posts
December 26 2009 21:18 GMT
#65
a lot of anime posts
nitram
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada5412 Posts
December 26 2009 21:20 GMT
#66
It would look like the dota/hon thread?
These sites might be of more use than a StarCraft site, where the majority of posters look on WCIII as the dense misformed fetus produced during Blizzards latest miscarrige.
wifebeater
Profile Joined January 2008
178 Posts
December 26 2009 22:25 GMT
#67
4chan!
Villain Terran~~~~~~~~~~
Normal
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 14m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko482
ProTech137
Rex 16
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 50024
Bisu 1856
Horang2 1183
Hyuk 483
BeSt 454
Soma 400
Mini 333
EffOrt 329
Light 299
Larva 261
[ Show more ]
Rush 128
ZerO 125
Mong 99
Barracks 80
Leta 77
Sea.KH 59
Snow 55
ToSsGirL 49
Pusan 47
Mind 37
Shinee 37
Aegong 28
JYJ 26
Bale 24
Yoon 23
Sexy 23
sorry 19
Noble 12
JulyZerg 11
Terrorterran 11
Icarus 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
Gorgc3335
XaKoH 361
Counter-Strike
Fnx 36
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1331
Khaldor1053
Other Games
gofns36497
singsing2250
olofmeister1296
B2W.Neo350
hiko275
Livibee185
Mew2King77
ArmadaUGS59
ZerO(Twitch)9
Liquid`VortiX0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream209
StarCraft 2
TaKeTV 18
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 10
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH194
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 21
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
14m
OSC
9h 14m
CranKy Ducklings
21h 14m
Online Event
22h 14m
FEL
1d 3h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 4h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 6h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 21h
INu's Battles
1d 23h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.