• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:21
CEST 23:21
KST 06:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10722 users

DRTL 5 Official League Thread - Page 5

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 107 108 109 Next
tonight
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States11130 Posts
August 20 2013 21:25 GMT
#81
It's hard to say that he is too good to play considering he hasn't won a DRIT and seems to lose just a much in DRTL. I mean, C is C, but... sometimes stats can be inflated.
if I come without a thing, then I come with all I need @tonightsend
rauk
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States2228 Posts
August 20 2013 21:37 GMT
#82
On August 21 2013 06:25 tonight wrote:
It's hard to say that he is too good to play considering he hasn't won a DRIT and seems to lose just a much in DRTL. I mean, C is C, but... sometimes stats can be inflated.


everyone keeps getting better so i don't think it's that crazy someone can be C and still lose; it's more weird that more people haven't graduated out of DRTL
tonight
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States11130 Posts
August 20 2013 21:39 GMT
#83
I do suppose he does have better practice partners than most, but even so based on what I've seen I kind of have a hard time thinking he's too good for this league even with a C rank on iCCup.
if I come without a thing, then I come with all I need @tonightsend
ggrrg
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Bulgaria2717 Posts
August 20 2013 21:41 GMT
#84
On August 21 2013 06:39 tonight wrote:
I do suppose he does have better practice partners than most, but even so based on what I've seen I kind of have a hard time thinking he's too good for this league even with a C rank on iCCup.


His games against birdie from the captain's tourney come to mind...
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19391 Posts
August 20 2013 21:42 GMT
#85
On August 21 2013 04:54 L_Master wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 21 2013 01:48 BisuDagger wrote:
Hey Birdie, ill join your roster if you want. Ill fill in if you are short players one weekend. My guarantee is I will not practice.


I know DeSPA really needs players.

Then whoever adds me to roster first wins... or loses. Depending on how you interpret my presence.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
tonight
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States11130 Posts
August 20 2013 21:43 GMT
#86
On August 21 2013 06:41 ggrrg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 21 2013 06:39 tonight wrote:
I do suppose he does have better practice partners than most, but even so based on what I've seen I kind of have a hard time thinking he's too good for this league even with a C rank on iCCup.


His games against birdie from the captain's tourney come to mind...


Exactly.
if I come without a thing, then I come with all I need @tonightsend
floladriblere
Profile Joined August 2011
France85 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-20 21:44:43
August 20 2013 21:44 GMT
#87
On August 21 2013 05:47 rauk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 21 2013 05:09 floladriblere wrote:
On August 21 2013 01:47 SynC[gm] wrote:
On August 21 2013 01:41 Magreidis wrote:
Little imbalanced about team Courage, there are people who are c-, but this tournament says that only D-/D/D+ can play

It's okay, there are other C- players on other teams. Plus, C- doesn't equate to autowin in DRTL. If so, teams like TAKK or Courage would have gone undefeated in the past.



Did you just said there are legit C- players in DRTL? => ~~

That's not exactly a secret



It was obviously a troll post ^^. The marine did the same mistake as you => he laddered TOO MUCH
boum su4ka!
tonight
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States11130 Posts
August 20 2013 22:15 GMT
#88
I voted yes
if I come without a thing, then I come with all I need @tonightsend
Birdie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
New Zealand4438 Posts
August 20 2013 22:29 GMT
#89
I voted Yes because he's a really big chobo ;D but at the same time, I think if it were me I'd withdraw. Technically he hit C during the course of the league and previously that's been allowed as legitimate improvement, so technically he should be allowed.
Red classic | A butterfly dreamed he was Zhuangzi | 4.5k, heading to 5k as support!
SynC[gm]
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States3127 Posts
August 20 2013 22:52 GMT
#90
On August 21 2013 07:29 Birdie wrote:
I voted Yes because he's a really big chobo ;D but at the same time, I think if it were me I'd withdraw. Technically he hit C during the course of the league and previously that's been allowed as legitimate improvement, so technically he should be allowed.

It IS legitimate improvement, and TheMarine should be commended, but really, C- is pushing it in itself. C should be the point where a player voluntarily leaves.

To maybe answer the "well, he hasn't made it far in DRIT comments", reaching one rank is one thing, but playing and preparing to play in a series is a different thing, especially if there is not much of a difference in the skill level. I dunno, for players like BaBo and rauk who seemingly dominated the D-ranks league and reached C and left, it's easy to say "okay, he reached C, now he should go bye-bye", but even though TheMarine tends to not be as dominating as the players the left before him, reaching C should be a sign that it's time to move on.
twitch.tv/dizzywee
Sentenal
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States12398 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-20 23:18:50
August 20 2013 23:12 GMT
#91
On August 21 2013 07:29 Birdie wrote:
I voted Yes because he's a really big chobo ;D but at the same time, I think if it were me I'd withdraw. Technically he hit C during the course of the league and previously that's been allowed as legitimate improvement, so technically he should be allowed.

I don't remember any instances of people who hit C, as in, not C-, being allowed to continue playing. And technically, he hit C before the league started. The first week's lineups haven't even been submitted yet.

For the record, 'technically' I'm fine with TheMarine playing in the league. I voted "No", assuming that this is a league for D Ranks or borderline, which he clearly isn't any longer. However, if he is allowed to play, just change the name of the league, because it will be the final nail in the coffin of this league pretending to be for D Ranks. IMO this at least shouldn't be a big deal, regardless of which way it goes.

On August 21 2013 06:21 rauk wrote:
puppykiller wasn't really graceful about it :p

He was never allowed in the league in the first place.
"Apparently, Sentenal is a paragon of friendship and tolerance. " - Ech0ne
EchOne
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States2906 Posts
August 20 2013 23:21 GMT
#92
I think TheMarine fits the current skill landscape. Still, an active, recent C participating does defy precedent and exceed the league's current scope in iCCup ranks. If only iCCup ranks weren't so inadequate in tracking skill...
面白くない世の中, 面白くすればいいさ
KazeHydra
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Japan2788 Posts
August 20 2013 23:27 GMT
#93
I remember there used to be big drama whenever someone hit C-. Now someone hits C and we have a poll which is favoring yes, allow him to play. For the record, my stance is like Sent's where I don't mind him playing but if he does, this really is no longer a D ranks league.
"Because I know this promise that won’t disappear will turn even a cause of tears into strength. You taught me that if I can believe, there is nothing that cannot come true." - Nana Mizuki (Yakusoku) 17:36 ils kaze got me into nana 17:36 ils by his blog
SynC[gm]
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States3127 Posts
August 20 2013 23:30 GMT
#94
No matter how flawed the iCCup system is gonna be, if we're gonna keep calling this league a D-rank league, it should mainly comprise of D-rankers. Not C-ranked players who can't beat D-ranked players. This is already a E/D-/D/D+/C- league, why extend it any further? I'm willing to bet that if TheMarine DOES in fact play, sooner or later, C+ players will be participating in DRTL/DRIT.
twitch.tv/dizzywee
tonight
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States11130 Posts
August 20 2013 23:35 GMT
#95
Pretty big gap between low end C and low end C+
if I come without a thing, then I come with all I need @tonightsend
Ilikestarcraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Korea (South)17743 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-21 01:08:48
August 21 2013 00:47 GMT
#96
Think though if iccup rank is going to be the criteria there should be a rule that people have to ladder on iccup to see who is actually fit for the league and this includes past participants.
ils
"Nana is a goddess. Or at very least, Nana is my goddess." - KazeHydra
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
August 21 2013 00:54 GMT
#97
On August 21 2013 09:47 Ilikestarcraft wrote:
Think though if iccup rank is going to be the criteria there should be a rule that people have to ladder on iccup to see who is actually fit for the league.


Perhaps I would finally be able to get ladder games on iccup....
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
rauk
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States2228 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-21 02:12:25
August 21 2013 02:09 GMT
#98
On August 21 2013 09:47 Ilikestarcraft wrote:
Think though if iccup rank is going to be the criteria there should be a rule that people have to ladder on iccup to see who is actually fit for the league and this includes past participants.


that's why we should use elo rankings like http://malcolmsharpe.github.io/iccup-ratings/html/leaderboard.html

looking at themarine's match history and his elo ranking on spirit[arnc], he played all low C-s and still ended up with a rating of 28.7+/-6.7 for a rating of 22, which is pretty much around where all the other top players of DRTL are

compare that to babo's rating of 25 and my old rating of 27 when we hit C (i played vs mostly Cs with some c-/c+s and babo probably did too), i'd say that themarine probably just got a lucky run vs C-s up to C and is eligible skillwise, compared to the rest of DRTL

also hasn't the player pool of iccup dropped again in the last 3 months? that also could be a contributing factor to rank inflation on iccup
Sentenal
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States12398 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-21 02:50:18
August 21 2013 02:50 GMT
#99
Well, like I said, I'm "fine" if he plays, but if we are going to okay C-ranked players in DRTL, we need to change the name. Make it DCRTL or something.
"Apparently, Sentenal is a paragon of friendship and tolerance. " - Ech0ne
Sero
Profile Joined October 2010
United States692 Posts
August 21 2013 03:16 GMT
#100
Marine shouldn't be in DRTL, but neither should about a dozen other players in the league. Many of you could easily ladder to high C-/low C also, but would rather chill in D ranks. At least he's honest about his rank while other people hide theirs, then are hypocritical enough to say he shouldn't play despite being the same skill level.
<3 FlaSh HiyA Stats HoeJJa
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 107 108 109 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 39m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech152
StarCraft: Brood War
Bale 16
910 14
MaD[AoV]3
League of Legends
JimRising 226
Counter-Strike
fl0m4644
Fnx 570
minikerr2
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox210
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4544
Liquid`Hasu761
Other Games
summit1g5024
Liquid`RaSZi1588
FrodaN549
C9.Mang0189
PPMD164
RotterdaM103
JuggernautJason40
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV199
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream15
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21323
Other Games
• Shiphtur883
• imaqtpie659
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
2h 39m
Patches Events
18h 39m
The PondCast
1d 12h
INu's Battles
1d 13h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.