• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:32
CEST 22:32
KST 05:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7187 users

DRTL 5 Official League Thread - Page 108

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 106 107 108 109 Next
Sentenal
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States12398 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-22 04:08:20
February 21 2014 22:05 GMT
#2141
Let Animus be mad.

As for Courage as a team retiring, I'll tell you guys a bit about our history and current situation. Courage is basically the BW team for a TL Sub-community, from the Anime Discussion Thread and #tladt on Rizon (any of you other than Birdie are welcome there btw). In DRTL1, Gaoxi (Shuruken) and Echo (prophecy_) we on Ewya's team, and so of course after that they wanted out. So they talked to other people at #tladt to try and form their own team. Myself and others thought it would be fun to form a team and compete with each other, decided to join up with them, and Courage was born. We kept BW interest up for a while, but eventually people just started becoming too busy or just lost interest. Gaoxi, Nagisama, and ghrur essentially retired at this point. And our strategist, Harem, also disappeared for a long time. So we had more people dropping out and not much new blood to replace them. Luckily we got people like RedAxis and Rlentless this season, but interest had definitely shrunk by a huge margin. And now with most of our key players being graduated out of D-Ranks, we can't field a team here, and on top of it not enough of our players are actually good enough to play at C ranks, and we don't want to run a team that can barely field 5 people every week.

So it was fun, but we are done. Thanks to everyone for 5 seasons, and good luck to you all.
"Apparently, Sentenal is a paragon of friendship and tolerance. " - Ech0ne
tonight
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States11130 Posts
February 21 2014 23:19 GMT
#2142
I would of never played in any of this if I were not with the TLADT guys. They are the only reason I kept playing BW.
if I come without a thing, then I come with all I need @tonightsend
KazeHydra
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Japan2788 Posts
February 22 2014 02:34 GMT
#2143
The only reason I started playing bw again was because of tladt. There's no reason for me to play if there's no tladt team.
"Because I know this promise that won’t disappear will turn even a cause of tears into strength. You taught me that if I can believe, there is nothing that cannot come true." - Nana Mizuki (Yakusoku) 17:36 ils kaze got me into nana 17:36 ils by his blog
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
February 22 2014 06:20 GMT
#2144
On February 22 2014 03:18 _Animus_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2014 02:13 SynC[gm] wrote:
You guys are actually complaining about us when none of actually hit C, whereas Birdie hit C, maintained it, and yet still played in DRTL? Guess it's all okay if it comes to Birdie since Stealth Bunnies didn't even make the playoffs o.O

Also, please don't think that Courage is retiring because we don't want to face tougher competition. Most of Courage stopped playing BW about midway through the 2nd round of DRTL. ghrur, nagisama, and Shuruken are busy with school, Echo, Sentenal, and tonight play other games, and I'm the only one on Courage who still plays Brood War on a weekly basis.

Most of the players weren't exactly hardcore Brood War players anyways, like Shuruken said before, most of Courage were volunteers from a sub-community of Teamliquid and doesn't play as much as others here would.

Its obvious that your team is C skill level, so you can stop with that. Anyone can reach C without laddering.


What are you smoking? C level?

There are a decent number of guys who could have laddered C-. C? No chance. Like tonight said, there might be one or two players that could...and I don't even know about that. No one really comes to mind that could hit C.
EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
_Animus_
Profile Joined February 2011
Bulgaria1064 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-22 07:29:12
February 22 2014 07:25 GMT
#2145
On February 22 2014 03:55 SynC[gm] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2014 03:18 _Animus_ wrote:
On February 22 2014 02:13 SynC[gm] wrote:
You guys are actually complaining about us when none of actually hit C, whereas Birdie hit C, maintained it, and yet still played in DRTL? Guess it's all okay if it comes to Birdie since Stealth Bunnies didn't even make the playoffs o.O

Also, please don't think that Courage is retiring because we don't want to face tougher competition. Most of Courage stopped playing BW about midway through the 2nd round of DRTL. ghrur, nagisama, and Shuruken are busy with school, Echo, Sentenal, and tonight play other games, and I'm the only one on Courage who still plays Brood War on a weekly basis.

Most of the players weren't exactly hardcore Brood War players anyways, like Shuruken said before, most of Courage were volunteers from a sub-community of Teamliquid and doesn't play as much as others here would.

Its obvious that your team is C skill level, so you can stop with that. Anyone can reach C without laddering.

When you and other D-rankers can reach C without laddering, lemme know. Also, find proof, legitimate proof that any of us have hit C, and not judging by SOME people's assumptions.

Don't be so bitter just because you.

As i said i dont care about this league, as i started playing for like 3 weeks and then lose interest in playing at all, so please dont make stupid assumptions like im bitter because i contributed nothing to my team.
I have played against mostly D level players for past 5 years and i can judge pretty well by seeing replays and playing against your players that they are not D for sure, this is the legitimate proof.
When you dominate for too long in D ranks then you are too good for D ranks, isnt that clear enough?
I guess your team likes to take easy wins and then brag around with that, considering that they leave and instead of moving to upper level tournaments.
Luv ya BroodWar!
Sentenal
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States12398 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-22 07:44:35
February 22 2014 07:31 GMT
#2146
On February 22 2014 16:25 _Animus_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2014 03:55 SynC[gm] wrote:
On February 22 2014 03:18 _Animus_ wrote:
On February 22 2014 02:13 SynC[gm] wrote:
You guys are actually complaining about us when none of actually hit C, whereas Birdie hit C, maintained it, and yet still played in DRTL? Guess it's all okay if it comes to Birdie since Stealth Bunnies didn't even make the playoffs o.O

Also, please don't think that Courage is retiring because we don't want to face tougher competition. Most of Courage stopped playing BW about midway through the 2nd round of DRTL. ghrur, nagisama, and Shuruken are busy with school, Echo, Sentenal, and tonight play other games, and I'm the only one on Courage who still plays Brood War on a weekly basis.

Most of the players weren't exactly hardcore Brood War players anyways, like Shuruken said before, most of Courage were volunteers from a sub-community of Teamliquid and doesn't play as much as others here would.

Its obvious that your team is C skill level, so you can stop with that. Anyone can reach C without laddering.

When you and other D-rankers can reach C without laddering, lemme know. Also, find proof, legitimate proof that any of us have hit C, and not judging by SOME people's assumptions.

Don't be so bitter just because you.

As i said i dont care about this league, as i started playing for like 3 weeks and then lose interest in playing at all, so please dont make stupid assumptions like im bitter because i contributed nothing to my team.
I have played against mostly D level players for past 5 years and i can judge pretty well by seeing replays and playing against your players that they are not D for sure, this is the legitimate proof.
When you dominate for too long in D ranks then you are too good for D ranks, is that clear enough?
But i guess your team likes to take easy wins and then brag around with that, considering that they leave and instead of moving to upper level tournaments.

Wait, so did you just play BW for 3 weeks and stop caring about playing at all, or did you play consistently for 5 years at D level?

If you played for 5 years while maintaining your D, that is all sorts of impressive. Props.
"Apparently, Sentenal is a paragon of friendship and tolerance. " - Ech0ne
KazeHydra
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Japan2788 Posts
February 22 2014 07:44 GMT
#2147
My D ranks tourney record is 2-12, I believe. I do love those easy wins, especially when I play Sentenal <3
"Because I know this promise that won’t disappear will turn even a cause of tears into strength. You taught me that if I can believe, there is nothing that cannot come true." - Nana Mizuki (Yakusoku) 17:36 ils kaze got me into nana 17:36 ils by his blog
Sentenal
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States12398 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-22 07:45:20
February 22 2014 07:45 GMT
#2148
On February 22 2014 16:44 KazeHydra wrote:
My D ranks tourney record is 2-12, I believe. I do love those easy wins, especially when I play Sentenal <3

Yeah, any time I play anyone, it should be an easy win for them.
"Apparently, Sentenal is a paragon of friendship and tolerance. " - Ech0ne
_Animus_
Profile Joined February 2011
Bulgaria1064 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-22 08:35:26
February 22 2014 08:24 GMT
#2149
On February 22 2014 16:31 Sentenal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2014 16:25 _Animus_ wrote:
On February 22 2014 03:55 SynC[gm] wrote:
On February 22 2014 03:18 _Animus_ wrote:
On February 22 2014 02:13 SynC[gm] wrote:
You guys are actually complaining about us when none of actually hit C, whereas Birdie hit C, maintained it, and yet still played in DRTL? Guess it's all okay if it comes to Birdie since Stealth Bunnies didn't even make the playoffs o.O

Also, please don't think that Courage is retiring because we don't want to face tougher competition. Most of Courage stopped playing BW about midway through the 2nd round of DRTL. ghrur, nagisama, and Shuruken are busy with school, Echo, Sentenal, and tonight play other games, and I'm the only one on Courage who still plays Brood War on a weekly basis.

Most of the players weren't exactly hardcore Brood War players anyways, like Shuruken said before, most of Courage were volunteers from a sub-community of Teamliquid and doesn't play as much as others here would.

Its obvious that your team is C skill level, so you can stop with that. Anyone can reach C without laddering.

When you and other D-rankers can reach C without laddering, lemme know. Also, find proof, legitimate proof that any of us have hit C, and not judging by SOME people's assumptions.

Don't be so bitter just because you.

As i said i dont care about this league, as i started playing for like 3 weeks and then lose interest in playing at all, so please dont make stupid assumptions like im bitter because i contributed nothing to my team.
I have played against mostly D level players for past 5 years and i can judge pretty well by seeing replays and playing against your players that they are not D for sure, this is the legitimate proof.
When you dominate for too long in D ranks then you are too good for D ranks, is that clear enough?
But i guess your team likes to take easy wins and then brag around with that, considering that they leave and instead of moving to upper level tournaments.

Wait, so did you just play BW for 3 weeks and stop caring about playing at all, or did you play consistently for 5 years at D level?

If you played for 5 years while maintaining your D, that is all sorts of impressive. Props.

This thread is not about me is it?
+ Show Spoiler +

Im playing bw since 2001 as a casual player with huge periods of inactivity, becoming consistent at some points in time. 2009-2011 consistent play. Then mostly inactive playing 2-3 games a week, becoming active for 2 drits, Drtl 4 and last 3 weeks of DRTL5.

I have nothing more to say and feel like this drama should be stopped. Be happy with ur win and enjoy life.
Luv ya BroodWar!
SynC[gm]
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States3127 Posts
February 22 2014 13:13 GMT
#2150
On February 22 2014 17:24 _Animus_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2014 16:31 Sentenal wrote:
On February 22 2014 16:25 _Animus_ wrote:
On February 22 2014 03:55 SynC[gm] wrote:
On February 22 2014 03:18 _Animus_ wrote:
On February 22 2014 02:13 SynC[gm] wrote:
You guys are actually complaining about us when none of actually hit C, whereas Birdie hit C, maintained it, and yet still played in DRTL? Guess it's all okay if it comes to Birdie since Stealth Bunnies didn't even make the playoffs o.O

Also, please don't think that Courage is retiring because we don't want to face tougher competition. Most of Courage stopped playing BW about midway through the 2nd round of DRTL. ghrur, nagisama, and Shuruken are busy with school, Echo, Sentenal, and tonight play other games, and I'm the only one on Courage who still plays Brood War on a weekly basis.

Most of the players weren't exactly hardcore Brood War players anyways, like Shuruken said before, most of Courage were volunteers from a sub-community of Teamliquid and doesn't play as much as others here would.

Its obvious that your team is C skill level, so you can stop with that. Anyone can reach C without laddering.

When you and other D-rankers can reach C without laddering, lemme know. Also, find proof, legitimate proof that any of us have hit C, and not judging by SOME people's assumptions.

Don't be so bitter just because you.

As i said i dont care about this league, as i started playing for like 3 weeks and then lose interest in playing at all, so please dont make stupid assumptions like im bitter because i contributed nothing to my team.
I have played against mostly D level players for past 5 years and i can judge pretty well by seeing replays and playing against your players that they are not D for sure, this is the legitimate proof.
When you dominate for too long in D ranks then you are too good for D ranks, is that clear enough?
But i guess your team likes to take easy wins and then brag around with that, considering that they leave and instead of moving to upper level tournaments.

Wait, so did you just play BW for 3 weeks and stop caring about playing at all, or did you play consistently for 5 years at D level?

If you played for 5 years while maintaining your D, that is all sorts of impressive. Props.

This thread is not about me is it?
+ Show Spoiler +

Im playing bw since 2001 as a casual player with huge periods of inactivity, becoming consistent at some points in time. 2009-2011 consistent play. Then mostly inactive playing 2-3 games a week, becoming active for 2 drits, Drtl 4 and last 3 weeks of DRTL5.

I have nothing more to say and feel like this drama should be stopped. Be happy with ur win and enjoy life.


On February 20 2014 16:17 _Animus_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2014 09:42 Sentenal wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
And that's going to be it for Team Courage. Most of us are done with BW now. And so the Courageous domination of DRTL by us is over. We won first place in DRTL2, DRTL3, and now DRTL5, that's three DRTL Golds. We should win the Red Mouse or something for that, right?

LOL bragging about almost exclusive C team in D ranks event, by the cheesiest player in the tourney is way too funny not to reply.


On February 22 2014 03:18 _Animus_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2014 02:13 SynC[gm] wrote:
You guys are actually complaining about us when none of actually hit C, whereas Birdie hit C, maintained it, and yet still played in DRTL? Guess it's all okay if it comes to Birdie since Stealth Bunnies didn't even make the playoffs o.O

Also, please don't think that Courage is retiring because we don't want to face tougher competition. Most of Courage stopped playing BW about midway through the 2nd round of DRTL. ghrur, nagisama, and Shuruken are busy with school, Echo, Sentenal, and tonight play other games, and I'm the only one on Courage who still plays Brood War on a weekly basis.

Most of the players weren't exactly hardcore Brood War players anyways, like Shuruken said before, most of Courage were volunteers from a sub-community of Teamliquid and doesn't play as much as others here would.

Its obvious that your team is C skill level, so you can stop with that. Anyone can reach C without laddering.

Telling us to stop the drama is a bit hypocritical, considering you were the one that decided to start the trolling in the first place, lol.
twitch.tv/dizzywee
DarkNetHunter
Profile Joined October 2012
1224 Posts
February 24 2014 01:27 GMT
#2151
Now now everyone let's relax!

Courage did good and won this season.

It is sad they are not going to play in CRTL or at least those players capable of playing either DRTL or CRTL moving to respectively new teams if you don't want to continue running or recruiting for courage or splitting it into a D an C team.

RedAxis/Tonight/Echo, you three were CRTL material and two of you played in it and could've ditched DRTL last round, but I don't hold it against you guys you didn't, but I think it would be unfair to say otherwise.
Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself.
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10392 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-25 23:56:30
February 25 2014 23:36 GMT
#2152
I don't want to involve myself in the drama, but there is something that has to be said about the statements that are being thrown around here that I just recently realized.

Being a borderline player in the past, I understand and have used the logic of "if strong person A played more games, they too would be C-/C on ICCup, but they just don't ladder."

However, one hole in this logic that seems very obvious now that I've stopped laddering for the past ~6 months:

If you play enough ladder games to get to C-, you're actually improving while you're playing those ladder games, thereby facilitating the ascension to C-. Even though it was previously calculated that you only need something like 35% winrate against D+ to get to C-, you have to actually play the 20 or whatever games it takes to get to C- with a 35% winrate. As you play, you improve, and your win percentage should theoretically get higher. Players who get pushed back down to D+ after every C- match but keep going are also going to retain a sub-50% winrate, but they are more likely to have skill that would be considered "too high" for D ranks simply because they are actively practicing, raising their skill, competing. I'm sure that if people invested a lot more time in the game than Courage did, they would be able to beat inactive C- borderline players.

On top of that, every league has a skill gradient. The people at the top are pretty much unbeatable to the people at the bottom. People in the middle can take games off of them, but still feel overwhelmed. It's a classic case of majority vs. minority; if the bottom 80% can't beat the top 10%, they will want to ostracize them from the league for being "too good." But if that happens, what's next? The next 10% will be the new top 10% for the new 80%, so on and so forth. One thing that is often left unsaid in these debates is that playing against better people and practicing to face those better people is probably one of the best building blocks for your own skill. Sure, feelings get hurt, but is this really what DRTL is about? I believe in the first (few?) season(s), the mission statement was for D rank players to have a league of their own in which they could improve. Having borderline people in the mix doesn't go against that in any way, shape, or form. No one was untouchable in this league. Flash, Bisu, Stork, Jaedong, Fantasy - when they were a player's opponent in Proleague, do you think the StarDusts of the world said to themselves "Aw fuck this bullshit they are too good for this league this isn't fair I can't beat them I can't do shit?" No, he came up with some ballin' cheese that would push Flash to the limit and then take the W because he put in the time and effort to overcome the seemingly unfathomable skill difference. You're not progamers, I know; but neither are the Flash and Bisu of this league, and according to them they didn't even really have time to practice much. This opening should have been taken advantage of.

TL;DR: Congratulations Courage. Detractors should practice more and be less emotionally involved in a for-fun league for low skill players. Instead of placing all of the blame on administration, the winning team, or specific players, place some of the blame on yourself for not putting in the effort necessary to rise to the top.

EDIT: Just realized I bumped this after everyone chilled out >_< Sorry, didn't notice. I still think what I said was worthwhile though.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
tonight
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States11130 Posts
February 25 2014 23:41 GMT
#2153
if I come without a thing, then I come with all I need @tonightsend
SynC[gm]
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States3127 Posts
February 26 2014 03:20 GMT
#2154
Any official results from SunKhan vs mSj from the Playoffs? I know that SunKhan won, but dunno who beat whom, and there's no replays submitted so nothing to base the results off of either.
twitch.tv/dizzywee
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
February 26 2014 05:45 GMT
#2155
On February 26 2014 12:20 SynC[gm] wrote:
Any official results from SunKhan vs mSj from the Playoffs? I know that SunKhan won, but dunno who beat whom, and there's no replays submitted so nothing to base the results off of either.

All I know for certain is i beat msj[fury] who they subbed in for r2d2, it hink we won 3-2 but im not sure who else won actually
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
puppykiller
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States3137 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-26 06:21:00
February 26 2014 06:01 GMT
#2156
There are a few people who play in this league who have beat my Terran (more than I have beat them) and this season I hit C- with T at 19-3.

I feel like in this league a few people try desperately to stagnate as close to C- as they can so they can be a big fish in a small pond.

Those individuals (you know who you are) gotta grow some ballz :D
Why would I play sctoo when I can play BW?
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
February 26 2014 08:19 GMT
#2157
On February 26 2014 15:01 puppykiller wrote:
There are a few people who play in this league who have beat my Terran (more than I have beat them) and this season I hit C- with T at 19-3.

I feel like in this league a few people try desperately to stagnate as close to C- as they can so they can be a big fish in a small pond.

Those individuals (you know who you are) gotta grow some ballz :D

I forget the record I hit C- with this season, did it in the first week and havent played since, but i guess I was going to retire from the league at the end anyway so its not a big deal
l0l
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
SynC[gm]
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States3127 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-26 08:23:18
February 26 2014 08:21 GMT
#2158
On February 26 2014 15:01 puppykiller wrote:
There are a few people who play in this league who have beat my Terran (more than I have beat them) and this season I hit C- with T at 19-3.

I feel like in this league a few people try desperately to stagnate as close to C- as they can so they can be a big fish in a small pond.

Those individuals (you know who you are) gotta grow some ballz :D

With that logic, everyone who's beat TheMarine[BG], who hit C with a 60% win percentage I believe, must be C or better and therefore, too good for the league.

Regardless of who you're directing your comment towards, it doesn't really matter considering everyone that has even scraped C- is ineligible at this point.

Edit: Don't mean to come across as bashing you, but really, most folks are "graduating" or "promoting" themselves up into C-level leagues anyways. Either that, or the players that played were just casual players that had no interest of really improving themselves anymore than they needed to and that's their own choice.
twitch.tv/dizzywee
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12058 Posts
February 26 2014 09:55 GMT
#2159
Just on a nicer note, thanks to being so involved in this I've been playing a hell of a lot this season and I managed to not only hit D+ for the first time, but also nearly hit C-. I got to 2900 as D+ before going on a huge losing streak and getting annoyed, but after I gained my confidence back I've got myself back up to 2500 again. Going to try and hit C- before the season end but I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it in time ;;
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10392 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-26 15:39:41
February 26 2014 15:39 GMT
#2160
On February 26 2014 18:55 Qikz wrote:
Just on a nicer note, thanks to being so involved in this I've been playing a hell of a lot this season and I managed to not only hit D+ for the first time, but also nearly hit C-. I got to 2900 as D+ before going on a huge losing streak and getting annoyed, but after I gained my confidence back I've got myself back up to 2500 again. Going to try and hit C- before the season end but I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it in time ;;

You got this.

MASS
GAME-
UUUUUU
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Prev 1 106 107 108 109 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 512
ProTech173
BRAT_OK 95
Railgan 83
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 1476
Dewaltoss 123
Trap 26
Bale 14
Dota 2
420jenkins517
Counter-Strike
fl0m4240
Fnx 613
minikerr1
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4442
Liquid`Hasu651
Other Games
summit1g4858
Liquid`RaSZi2121
FrodaN795
B2W.Neo525
XaKoH 254
ToD198
C9.Mang0167
RotterdaM91
QueenE67
UpATreeSC67
Mew2King34
PPMD24
JuggernautJason17
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV213
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream16
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21017
Other Games
• Shiphtur1070
• imaqtpie890
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
3h 29m
Patches Events
19h 29m
The PondCast
1d 13h
INu's Battles
1d 14h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.