• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:13
CEST 17:13
KST 00:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9225 users

DRTL 5 Official League Thread - Page 107

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 105 106 107 108 109 Next
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
February 21 2014 09:30 GMT
#2121
On February 21 2014 16:48 Falling wrote:
Given that the entire tourney is over and done with... a little late for complaining who was allowed into the tourney. The beginning with the signs up was the time. Now it just feels like sour grapes.

Congrats on the win.
The only sad thing for me is that they are not moving to C leagues but resigning entirely
Don't see why given a such a win streak one would be done with BW.

still pretty legit complaint imo.

esp when all the other c rank players stepped down after r1
lol
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12058 Posts
February 21 2014 10:05 GMT
#2122
Grats to Courage although I'm not sure why after hitting the C Ranks (no idea how long it took some of you) you'd give up on Broodwar fullly ;_;
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
Epoxide
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Magic Woods9326 Posts
February 21 2014 10:39 GMT
#2123
Feels good contributing with my two losses to let Courage win
LiquipediaSouma: EU MM is just Russian Roulette. Literally.
tonight
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States11130 Posts
February 21 2014 11:28 GMT
#2124
no one on courage plays bw at all anymore with exception of redaxis
if I come without a thing, then I come with all I need @tonightsend
tonight
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States11130 Posts
February 21 2014 14:07 GMT
#2125
On February 21 2014 19:05 Qikz wrote:
Grats to Courage although I'm not sure why after hitting the C Ranks (no idea how long it took some of you) you'd give up on Broodwar fullly ;_;

Also, no one on courage has hit C during this season. There are a handful of other users on other teams that have hit C that are not on courage
if I come without a thing, then I come with all I need @tonightsend
EchOne
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States2906 Posts
February 21 2014 15:24 GMT
#2126
Replays here, with the exception of tonight vs gorg:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/jy37f75v0c6e0ba/DRTL5 Finals Courage vs Khan.rar
面白くない世の中, 面白くすればいいさ
tonight
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States11130 Posts
February 21 2014 15:30 GMT
#2127
When I get home I'll send you the reps
if I come without a thing, then I come with all I need @tonightsend
SynC[gm]
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States3127 Posts
February 21 2014 17:13 GMT
#2128
You guys are actually complaining about us when none of actually hit C, whereas Birdie hit C, maintained it, and yet still played in DRTL? Guess it's all okay if it comes to Birdie since Stealth Bunnies didn't even make the playoffs o.O

Also, please don't think that Courage is retiring because we don't want to face tougher competition. Most of Courage stopped playing BW about midway through the 2nd round of DRTL. ghrur, nagisama, and Shuruken are busy with school, Echo, Sentenal, and tonight play other games, and I'm the only one on Courage who still plays Brood War on a weekly basis.

Most of the players weren't exactly hardcore Brood War players anyways, like Shuruken said before, most of Courage were volunteers from a sub-community of Teamliquid and doesn't play as much as others here would.
twitch.tv/dizzywee
tonight
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States11130 Posts
February 21 2014 17:19 GMT
#2129
I'll always come on to RW. Just know that :-)
if I come without a thing, then I come with all I need @tonightsend
_Animus_
Profile Joined February 2011
Bulgaria1064 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-21 18:23:53
February 21 2014 18:18 GMT
#2130
On February 22 2014 02:13 SynC[gm] wrote:
You guys are actually complaining about us when none of actually hit C, whereas Birdie hit C, maintained it, and yet still played in DRTL? Guess it's all okay if it comes to Birdie since Stealth Bunnies didn't even make the playoffs o.O

Also, please don't think that Courage is retiring because we don't want to face tougher competition. Most of Courage stopped playing BW about midway through the 2nd round of DRTL. ghrur, nagisama, and Shuruken are busy with school, Echo, Sentenal, and tonight play other games, and I'm the only one on Courage who still plays Brood War on a weekly basis.

Most of the players weren't exactly hardcore Brood War players anyways, like Shuruken said before, most of Courage were volunteers from a sub-community of Teamliquid and doesn't play as much as others here would.

Its obvious that your team is C skill level, so you can stop with that. Anyone can reach C without laddering.
Luv ya BroodWar!
tonight
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States11130 Posts
February 21 2014 18:38 GMT
#2131
I bet you 95% of this league could not hit C.
if I come without a thing, then I come with all I need @tonightsend
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12058 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-21 18:50:09
February 21 2014 18:48 GMT
#2132
C and most of the other iccup ranks are not a very good judge of skill unless you're above B- if I'm honest since by just sheer determination and mass gaming you can get to whatever rank you want since it's just a number, obviously this depends on who you're playing and whatever and your skill will increase by just mass gaming anyways but it's not so much a big deal.

Courage were allowed to play and they won since they played better than the other teams, well done to them I just find it sad the majority of them don't play the game much anymore :<

I'd say anyone here is perfectly capable of getting atleast C- as long as they played more, but going from my experience most of the people who play in DRTL play their DRTL game and a few others each week so they don't get all that much time to play which in the long term in a rank based system is all it comes down too. You may get to C- with a terrible record but you still got it. I mean even I, the man who could never get out of D- before SC2 came out due to the lack of timing I played am very, very close to getting C- and I'd probably have it already had my mouse not broke :p
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
SynC[gm]
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States3127 Posts
February 21 2014 18:55 GMT
#2133
On February 22 2014 03:18 _Animus_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2014 02:13 SynC[gm] wrote:
You guys are actually complaining about us when none of actually hit C, whereas Birdie hit C, maintained it, and yet still played in DRTL? Guess it's all okay if it comes to Birdie since Stealth Bunnies didn't even make the playoffs o.O

Also, please don't think that Courage is retiring because we don't want to face tougher competition. Most of Courage stopped playing BW about midway through the 2nd round of DRTL. ghrur, nagisama, and Shuruken are busy with school, Echo, Sentenal, and tonight play other games, and I'm the only one on Courage who still plays Brood War on a weekly basis.

Most of the players weren't exactly hardcore Brood War players anyways, like Shuruken said before, most of Courage were volunteers from a sub-community of Teamliquid and doesn't play as much as others here would.

Its obvious that your team is C skill level, so you can stop with that. Anyone can reach C without laddering.

When you and other D-rankers can reach C without laddering, lemme know. Also, find proof, legitimate proof that any of us have hit C, and not judging by SOME people's assumptions.

Don't be so bitter just because you contributed nothing to your team.
twitch.tv/dizzywee
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
February 21 2014 19:48 GMT
#2134
On February 22 2014 03:48 Qikz wrote:
C and most of the other iccup ranks are not a very good judge of skill unless you're above B- if I'm honest since by just sheer determination and mass gaming you can get to whatever rank you want since it's just a number, obviously this depends on who you're playing and whatever and your skill will increase by just mass gaming anyways but it's not so much a big deal.

Courage were allowed to play and they won since they played better than the other teams, well done to them I just find it sad the majority of them don't play the game much anymore :<

I'd say anyone here is perfectly capable of getting atleast C- as long as they played more, but going from my experience most of the people who play in DRTL play their DRTL game and a few others each week so they don't get all that much time to play which in the long term in a rank based system is all it comes down too. You may get to C- with a terrible record but you still got it. I mean even I, the man who could never get out of D- before SC2 came out due to the lack of timing I played am very, very close to getting C- and I'd probably have it already had my mouse not broke :p

the difference in C/D is a huge gap, dunno how you can even say that lol.

Even the difference in legit C- and D+ is a huge gap
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12058 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-21 20:27:11
February 21 2014 20:25 GMT
#2135
On February 22 2014 04:48 arb wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2014 03:48 Qikz wrote:
C and most of the other iccup ranks are not a very good judge of skill unless you're above B- if I'm honest since by just sheer determination and mass gaming you can get to whatever rank you want since it's just a number, obviously this depends on who you're playing and whatever and your skill will increase by just mass gaming anyways but it's not so much a big deal.

Courage were allowed to play and they won since they played better than the other teams, well done to them I just find it sad the majority of them don't play the game much anymore :<

I'd say anyone here is perfectly capable of getting atleast C- as long as they played more, but going from my experience most of the people who play in DRTL play their DRTL game and a few others each week so they don't get all that much time to play which in the long term in a rank based system is all it comes down too. You may get to C- with a terrible record but you still got it. I mean even I, the man who could never get out of D- before SC2 came out due to the lack of timing I played am very, very close to getting C- and I'd probably have it already had my mouse not broke :p

the difference in C/D is a huge gap, dunno how you can even say that lol.

Even the difference in legit C- and D+ is a huge gap


1000 points if you play nothing but motw maps really isn't all that much which is my entire point. Basing someones skill level on the amount of points they have is very silly which is the point I was trying to make.

I've played with a wide variety of skill levels now from A- all the way to E and I've played C+ players who are both at a similar points range but are clearly at entire different levels of skill.
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
Fazers
Profile Joined August 2013
737 Posts
February 21 2014 20:29 GMT
#2136
On February 22 2014 03:38 tonight wrote:
I bet you 95% of this league could not hit C.

Isn't it why this league is called...*gasp* DRTL?

--;
Birdie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
New Zealand4438 Posts
February 21 2014 20:46 GMT
#2137
Well, I'm C rank and can ez all of Courage so I think that's proof they're all C- skill level or worse ;DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Red classic | A butterfly dreamed he was Zhuangzi | 4.5k, heading to 5k as support!
tonight
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States11130 Posts
February 21 2014 20:54 GMT
#2138
I've never lost to you B-)
if I come without a thing, then I come with all I need @tonightsend
tonight
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States11130 Posts
February 21 2014 20:55 GMT
#2139
On February 22 2014 05:29 Fazers wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2014 03:38 tonight wrote:
I bet you 95% of this league could not hit C.

Isn't it why this league is called...*gasp* DRTL?

--;

One guy said C was easy or something so that's why I said that
if I come without a thing, then I come with all I need @tonightsend
Birdie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
New Zealand4438 Posts
February 21 2014 20:55 GMT
#2140
On February 22 2014 05:54 tonight wrote:
I've never lost to you B-)

We will see today when we play for Allstars!
Red classic | A butterfly dreamed he was Zhuangzi | 4.5k, heading to 5k as support!
Prev 1 105 106 107 108 109 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 47m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech137
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5121
Bisu 2728
Soulkey 1717
Jaedong 802
Horang2 547
EffOrt 546
Mini 516
Larva 333
ZerO 281
actioN 280
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 235
Yoon 154
Mind 98
Dewaltoss 96
Sharp 75
sorry 74
hero 70
Barracks 63
Shinee 63
Pusan 60
Snow 56
Hyun 44
Bale 38
ToSsGirL 28
Trap 22
scan(afreeca) 19
Rock 14
Sacsri 13
NaDa 13
Terrorterran 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
zelot 8
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5108
qojqva2522
Dendi1353
420jenkins192
Counter-Strike
fl0m2565
x6flipin1293
Fnx 640
Other Games
hiko1090
Liquid`RaSZi775
B2W.Neo488
Lowko378
crisheroes296
DeMusliM258
XBOCT196
Liquid`VortiX192
Livibee186
QueenE103
Mew2King46
ZerO(Twitch)20
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream28
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 69
• mYiSmile132
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 46
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV634
League of Legends
• Nemesis3301
• TFBlade530
• Noizen125
Other Games
• Shiphtur295
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
8h 47m
Patches Events
1d
The PondCast
1d 18h
INu's Battles
1d 19h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.