• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:47
CEST 17:47
KST 00:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War535.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7990 users

Project: Strat Update - Page 4

Forum Index > Brood War Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
Cryoc
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany914 Posts
August 01 2014 16:25 GMT
#61
On July 31 2014 09:22 13Julia wrote:
What's to add, it's by newbies for newbies. So it's good as it is lol :p

That surely implies that you ever wanted to contribute.
http://www.twitch.tv/cryoc
vOdToasT
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Sweden2870 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-03 12:37:00
August 03 2014 12:34 GMT
#62
all you did in the past was whining about Protoss in general, bitching about your opponents and about lag


And about people who win vs you vs you map hacking.



When I was contacted about helping out with this project, my word was like the word of god. I could write an entire article and have it submitted word for word. I could go through articles and edit anything I wanted.

Since I am not the best player outside of Korea, I was careful with this power. But my point is, that saying it's "by newbies for newbies" is factually incorrect, since I assume other players like dRaW were given the same kind of power. And dRaW is pretty good, although he claims Protoss is underpowered, which I don't condone.
If it's stupid but it works, then it's not stupid* (*Or: You are stupid for losing to it, and gotta git gud)
Sihrtogg
Profile Joined September 2010
Netherlands29 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-08-02 16:13:07
August 02 2017 16:03 GMT
#63
'beginner' experience report:
(played BW campaign when I was young, SC2 ladder later, now warming up for SC:R)

I was looking for advice on 2v2 build orders.
"2v2 protoss build order brood war @ DuckDuckGo got me to:
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/Build_Orders_(BGH)
I found exactly what I was looking for.

The page also linked to this thread:
www.teamliquid.net/forum/bw-strategy/91389-bgh-megathread
I was happily surprised to come across this great in-depth resource buried in the forums that could be incorporated into Liquipedia where it might be read by more people?
One downside: many of the pictures don't load anymore
GeckoXp
Profile Blog Joined June 2013
Germany2016 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-08-03 16:51:44
August 03 2017 16:49 GMT
#64
2on2 has always been a weak spot in this project for several reasons:

- hard to find players willing to share
- hard to phrase the dynamics of 2on2 in words, especially as there are other maps being used (e.g. Hannibal)

The only person I remember adding things was some random ... ... well. Let's say there was only garbage being put online. If you ever stumble upon some really idiotic things still hidden in the main space, please let us know.

As for BGH goes: There ARE strategies, but I have no clue about BGH whatsoever and so does the majority of the public battle.net; getting the very basics correctly (use hotkeys), having a feel for wallings and micro already makes you better than the average joe.
Nonetheless, 2pac put up the articles you linked and had this project set aside for every other month. I think we talked at least thrice about that during the initial phase of this project. You should bump him for old pictures and strategies, I bet he can link hundreds of articles, vods and replays going into details I sadly can't provide.

If you find anything useful, feel free to start editing pieces to the wiki!
Alpha-NP-
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1242 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-08-03 18:08:44
August 03 2017 17:59 GMT
#65
Nvm
alexisXcore
Profile Joined May 2020
1 Post
May 04 2020 16:42 GMT
#66
I've been searching for it but I think that there are no guides in another language, specifically spanish. Im bilingual and I absolutely love SC sadly all the good guides are in english so there is almost no way to help new players in getting better, so If there is interest to have translated guide I would be more than glad to help. (With time I could even help translating tournaments or certain matches)

I hope this is the right place for this, i didnt found another thread about it in the search bar. ♥
FO-nTTaX
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
Johto5000 Posts
May 07 2020 10:25 GMT
#67
On May 05 2020 01:42 alexisXcore wrote:
I've been searching for it but I think that there are no guides in another language, specifically spanish. Im bilingual and I absolutely love SC sadly all the good guides are in english so there is almost no way to help new players in getting better, so If there is interest to have translated guide I would be more than glad to help. (With time I could even help translating tournaments or certain matches)

I hope this is the right place for this, i didnt found another thread about it in the search bar. ♥

Hi,

this is something we would love to do eventually, but we simply don't have the framework to support multiple languages at the moment. This does not mean we will never do it, but at the moment we cannot.
Administrator@FO_nTTaX | FO-nTTaX.de | 0xff0000.dev | Senior Lead Liquipedia Developer
"Nimm es. Es ist nicht viel, aber es kommt von Herzen. Vergiss mich nicht!"
Marian2
Profile Joined January 2020
2 Posts
July 22 2020 18:31 GMT
#68
hi, is this thread alive? i using discord
Return
Profile Joined June 2005
Ivory Coast859 Posts
July 28 2020 19:12 GMT
#69
Sorry for being non contributive to the thread but I just want to say I really wanna try the ursadon rush
Diiiscoo-oh, thats where the happy people go!
Gooseheaded
Profile Joined May 2009
United States126 Posts
June 21 2022 08:36 GMT
#70
I have updated a few articles to use the "build order" template. The changes are purely aesthetic, with some minor edits to the Build Orders themselves for legibility or clarity.

You can click on the "Pending changes" button at the top of each page to see and approve the changes.

(Wiki)12 Hatch (vs. Protoss)
(Wiki)3 Base Spire into 5 Hatch Hydra (vs. Protoss)
(Wiki)4 Hatch before Gas (vs. Protoss)
(Wiki)3 Hatchery Lurkers (vs. Protoss)
play better, macro, control
Leonix
Profile Joined June 2019
161 Posts
June 27 2022 21:13 GMT
#71
Hard to edit some of the old stuff when you get minus points for it. Even after knowing it and even testing yourself multiple times ingame for the sake of absolute reality. Not like the liquipedia admins go over it in months either, at least when i looked at my last edit xd, which is sad.
I would guess players around A or better should edit articles, the rest the other stuff. Though in reality if you are around that level you dont have time nor much interest to edit the juicy stuff, you would probally write your own article and that would be that.
FO-nTTaX
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
Johto5000 Posts
June 27 2022 23:21 GMT
#72
There's no such things as minus points, and if the reviews are taking too long you're more than welcome to join the Liquipedia discord server at https://discord.gg/liquipedia where you could ask for a review to happen.
Administrator@FO_nTTaX | FO-nTTaX.de | 0xff0000.dev | Senior Lead Liquipedia Developer
"Nimm es. Es ist nicht viel, aber es kommt von Herzen. Vergiss mich nicht!"
BonitiilloO
Profile Joined June 2013
Dominican Republic627 Posts
July 02 2022 14:23 GMT
#73
when is the next patch going to be released?
How may help u?
Mutaller
Profile Blog Joined July 2013
United States1051 Posts
July 08 2022 19:18 GMT
#74
I think there are a lot of paid tutorial videos which have replaced liquipedia for non-beginner players. Sharing those videos is of course not in good faith, however writing new generation builds like Terran's 1-1-1 or Zerg's 2.5 hatch build out on liquipedia would be a good start
"To practice isn't for you to get better now in the present. Practice will never betray you and will always come back for you in the future." -Jaedong
PurpleWave
Profile Joined January 2021
22 Posts
July 13 2022 04:26 GMT
#75
Some sources for build orders:
- English: SCWes' spreadsheet
- English: The "Bag of Buids" discord
- English/Korean: KhalaTV
- Korean: Namu.wiki -- when Chrome translates this for me it's pretty legible. The builds tend to be a little old but still mostly newer than what's on Liquipedia.
chickboom386
Profile Joined July 2022
1 Post
Last Edited: 2022-07-14 18:52:15
July 13 2022 07:28 GMT
#76
Bot edit.

User was banned for this post.
tifox55624
Profile Joined August 2022
1 Post
Last Edited: 2022-08-02 09:24:46
August 02 2022 05:43 GMT
#77
Bot edit.

User was banned for this post.
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech145
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37671
Free 1479
Horang2 316
firebathero 240
Trap 135
Zeus 130
Hyun 65
ToSsGirL 43
soO 32
Rock 20
[ Show more ]
Noble 18
Aegong 17
Bishop 16
scan(afreeca) 14
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc8178
Dendi867
XaKoH 422
420jenkins194
Counter-Strike
fl0m3959
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko443
Other Games
singsing2173
Beastyqt649
Mlord369
byalli279
mouzStarbuck230
KnowMe215
Hui .189
QueenE83
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 35
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP29
• Adnapsc2 7
• Dystopia_ 4
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix15
• Michael_bg 8
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1618
Other Games
• Shiphtur451
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
1h 13m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3h 13m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
18h 13m
Patches Events
23h 13m
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
OSC
1d 7h
OSC
1d 20h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.