• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:43
CEST 19:43
KST 02:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12023 users

[G] Frozen's FE PvP Guide - Page 6

Forum Index > Brood War Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 15 Next All
NotJumperer
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United States1371 Posts
January 02 2011 18:41 GMT
#101
--- Nuked ---
krndandaman
Profile Joined August 2009
Mozambique16569 Posts
January 02 2011 19:39 GMT
#102
--- Nuked ---
k.taeyang
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Peru145 Posts
January 02 2011 21:37 GMT
#103
I <3 this build
I really like it when the person bms me after the match

I often get 4gate timing and getting storm up right in time to his reaver goon timing.
I really got used to this build
노력은 절대 배신 하지 않다 - 이제동 Hardwork never betrays - Lee Jae Dong
tryummm
Profile Joined August 2009
774 Posts
January 02 2011 22:52 GMT
#104
Can you post some reps/tips on beating early goon aggression? Not just 2 gate goon, but like 3-4 gate goon?

I can typically beat it rather easily but I'm not very comfortable playing it and my build seems really sloppy. I don't know whether I should focus on getting range quickly and not dying in the process, getting goons out, getting cannons out, etc.. I also seem to follow up pretty much in the dark when contained.
OneOther
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States10774 Posts
January 02 2011 23:19 GMT
#105
On January 03 2011 03:41 Jumperer wrote:
I rarely lost to this FE build when I was active, but then again I've never actually played you using this build. I'm actually pretty curious to see how I do against it. Are you down for a game or two Mr. PvP FE master?

You do realize the build isn't AS strong if you KNOW I am going to do it? lol
Kiante
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7069 Posts
January 03 2011 00:25 GMT
#106
what do you do when someone 9 scouts you in close positions and their probe enters your base before the nexus goes down? go ahead with it? or throw a late gate
Writer
saltywet
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Hong Kong1316 Posts
January 04 2011 03:13 GMT
#107
i dont think there are any adjustments that you can make to a pvp FE build that can fend off 3 gate speedlots.
OneOther
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States10774 Posts
January 04 2011 03:19 GMT
#108
On January 04 2011 12:13 saltywet wrote:
i dont think there are any adjustments that you can make to a pvp FE build that can fend off 3 gate speedlots.

right, i wouldn't have to make any adjustments because 3 gate speed zealot build is terrible against it. (it's a horrible build in most circumstances). dont jump to those conclusions without trying / putting in some effort
OneOther
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States10774 Posts
January 04 2011 03:21 GMT
#109
On January 03 2011 09:25 Kiante wrote:
what do you do when someone 9 scouts you in close positions and their probe enters your base before the nexus goes down? go ahead with it? or throw a late gate

go ahead and build the nexus. if he's doing some hardcore all-in build, cancel the nexus and defend the ramp. you will have more probes
HaFnium
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United Kingdom1078 Posts
January 04 2011 19:09 GMT
#110
I really like this build.
Becomes my standard pvp build.
One thing that I'm struggling with is the timing of the forge/gas/cybercore, sometimes i find my cannons not fast enough to stop the goons aggression (mainly because of my poor micro against early 1-2- zealot harassment), will you have to build the forge before core sometimes?
BW forever!
Entaro[AoV]
Profile Joined July 2009
United States184 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-04 20:30:48
January 04 2011 20:26 GMT
#111
On January 05 2011 04:09 HaFnium wrote:
I really like this build.
Becomes my standard pvp build.
One thing that I'm struggling with is the timing of the forge/gas/cybercore, sometimes i find my cannons not fast enough to stop the goons aggression (mainly because of my poor micro against early 1-2- zealot harassment), will you have to build the forge before core sometimes?


i face the same problems. My gas/core/forge timing is ALWAYS off. By the time i see he has a couple goons and all i have are lots I'm like shit shit gotta build forge. its usually cuz i'm busy microign the lots and the build doesn't specify a specific timing for gas/core/forge. I feel like with specific supply timings, i would still be able to micro my lots and get them up.
TL+ Member
Muff2n
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United Kingdom252 Posts
January 04 2011 20:37 GMT
#112
Hmm, I don't think the bo is that good. I am a big fan of standard play is the best

So I just faced this on FS and my response was to keep making zealots from 1 gate whilst i teched to 3 gate goon. It started very well for me as I sent my zealots to probe hunt (your zealots are trash when i get goons so why kill them?) and traded my 3 zealots for 5 probes.

Then he cannoned just enough and when I pushed in and we traded armies, which was very unit efficient for me but was equaled due to his greater economy and I expanded whilst doing so. This left us very very equal (similar tech and food). I should have been ahead however - Im not used to 3 gating so I made too many probes on 1 bases and my nat should have been taken way earlier (also I only had 2 probes on gas lol so couldn't transition to anything fast).

So my argument is that assuming he micros probes better and loses less, but I do my response better next time (was winging it this last game) and get a much faster nat, I think we will be in equal positions. BUT my BO is very very safe, yours makes you vulnerable to some cheese. (I will admit that if I scouted you in cross positions I would scout you late and have to proxy my +2 gates which creates weaknesses for me however).

So in short. Add me muff2n on iccup and face meh! I think that I can arrive into the midgame on par with you.

I also have a question. I followed my goons with cannons because I was worried that he would be teching to dt. If I am 3 gate gooning, can you realistically spare the cash for Dt tech? Or can I just go 3 gate nex robo obs and be fine (assuming I remember 3 probes on gas next time)? I built a forge and 2 cannons because I was scared of the unknown.

Thanks.
Good guide btw.
Entaro[AoV]
Profile Joined July 2009
United States184 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-04 20:54:09
January 04 2011 20:53 GMT
#113
I also have a question. I followed my goons with cannons because I was worried that he would be teching to dt. If I am 3 gate gooning, can you realistically spare the cash for Dt tech? Or can I just go 3 gate nex robo obs and be fine (assuming I remember 3 probes on gas next time)? I built a forge and 2 cannons because I was scared of the unknown.


3 gate goon will be defended with a few lots and goons, and mostly cannons. once those are up, the FE-er can def spare the cash for dt as well as temp. I highly doubt you'll be on par econ wise in the midgame against FE. Even if you manage to get 5 probes in the beginning (which is huge), you're gonna have way less gas than him, and fast gas allows him to go dt while getting storm and temps right after the dt, and he can also get obs at the same time.
TL+ Member
Muff2n
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United Kingdom252 Posts
January 04 2011 21:36 GMT
#114
On January 05 2011 05:53 Entaro[AoV] wrote:
Show nested quote +
I also have a question. I followed my goons with cannons because I was worried that he would be teching to dt. If I am 3 gate gooning, can you realistically spare the cash for Dt tech? Or can I just go 3 gate nex robo obs and be fine (assuming I remember 3 probes on gas next time)? I built a forge and 2 cannons because I was scared of the unknown.


3 gate goon will be defended with a few lots and goons, and mostly cannons. once those are up, the FE-er can def spare the cash for dt as well as temp. I highly doubt you'll be on par econ wise in the midgame against FE. Even if you manage to get 5 probes in the beginning (which is huge), you're gonna have way less gas than him, and fast gas allows him to go dt while getting storm and temps right after the dt, and he can also get obs at the same time.


Definitely the thing that worries me most is his access to gas. I don't have enough experience against the build yet, but I am hoping that 3 gate pressure is going to keep him so strapped for cash that he can't afford to go for the 2nd geyser. If he can then Ima have to reevaluate and say Oo.
As the aggressive player, Im calling the shots. Ofc Im sure he can read my BO very well but at the end of the day, I can either chose to go for the attack or be satisfied that he spent a lot of cash on cannons.
OneOther
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States10774 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-04 23:37:03
January 04 2011 23:36 GMT
#115
On January 05 2011 05:37 Muff2n wrote:
Hmm, I don't think the bo is that good. I am a big fan of standard play is the best

So I just faced this on FS and my response was to keep making zealots from 1 gate whilst i teched to 3 gate goon. It started very well for me as I sent my zealots to probe hunt (your zealots are trash when i get goons so why kill them?) and traded my 3 zealots for 5 probes.

Then he cannoned just enough and when I pushed in and we traded armies, which was very unit efficient for me but was equaled due to his greater economy and I expanded whilst doing so. This left us very very equal (similar tech and food). I should have been ahead however - Im not used to 3 gating so I made too many probes on 1 bases and my nat should have been taken way earlier (also I only had 2 probes on gas lol so couldn't transition to anything fast).

So my argument is that assuming he micros probes better and loses less, but I do my response better next time (was winging it this last game) and get a much faster nat, I think we will be in equal positions. BUT my BO is very very safe, yours makes you vulnerable to some cheese. (I will admit that if I scouted you in cross positions I would scout you late and have to proxy my +2 gates which creates weaknesses for me however).

So in short. Add me muff2n on iccup and face meh! I think that I can arrive into the midgame on par with you.

I also have a question. I followed my goons with cannons because I was worried that he would be teching to dt. If I am 3 gate gooning, can you realistically spare the cash for Dt tech? Or can I just go 3 gate nex robo obs and be fine (assuming I remember 3 probes on gas next time)? I built a forge and 2 cannons because I was scared of the unknown.

Thanks.
Good guide btw.

Your opponent was either terrible or he does not know how to do this build if you killed 5 probes with your initial zealots. The build is only good if the player knows how to executive it properly.

Sure, I will play you. However, I am not sure why you guys think it makes sense to evaluate a build's strength by playing against it when you know that I am going to use it. That's like saying, let me see how strong the PvT Fast Carrier is by playing against it when I know for a fact that you are going to do it. (I am going to adjust everything to counter it) By doing this, you are taking out huge advantage of this build: surprise and uncertainty.

Either way, I will still play you, even though I have not touched Brood War since June. Can you play in a couple hours?
Muff2n
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United Kingdom252 Posts
January 05 2011 00:27 GMT
#116
I'd rather make it the weekend as I am GMT+0.

It doesnt matter that I know your BO as I shall play as if I do not know it is coming until the moment I scout that nexus. The same old 8 scout 11 gate 12 gas 14 zeal 18 core 19 zeal that I have used for my last 50 odd games until I scout you.
OneOther
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States10774 Posts
January 05 2011 00:30 GMT
#117
On January 05 2011 09:27 Muff2n wrote:
I'd rather make it the weekend as I am GMT+0.

It doesnt matter that I know your BO as I shall play as if I do not know it is coming until the moment I scout that nexus. The same old 8 scout 11 gate 12 gas 14 zeal 18 core 19 zeal that I have used for my last 50 odd games until I scout you.

I can't play starting the weekend. Can you play right now? Seeing you are on TL you might as well
Entaro[AoV]
Profile Joined July 2009
United States184 Posts
January 05 2011 19:37 GMT
#118
OneOther, how do you think an FE vs FE pvp game ought to be played? Any difference in timings? I assume you don't need as many cannons since neither player is getting faster goons. You might not need forge too early either actually.

Also I just played a teammate going FE and he went standard and he was able to kill like 6 of my probes . It was harder to defend a zealot + probe than I thought. He was already up my ramp when my first lot came out.
TL+ Member
OneOther
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States10774 Posts
January 05 2011 20:58 GMT
#119
On January 06 2011 04:37 Entaro[AoV] wrote:
OneOther, how do you think an FE vs FE pvp game ought to be played? Any difference in timings? I assume you don't need as many cannons since neither player is getting faster goons. You might not need forge too early either actually.

Also I just played a teammate going FE and he went standard and he was able to kill like 6 of my probes . It was harder to defend a zealot + probe than I thought. He was already up my ramp when my first lot came out.

FE vs FE should be played like a standard game on maps like Blue Storm where you usually go up to four gates into robotics/citadel at the same time. Get a cannon only if you feel that he's doing some sort of fast DT rush. Otherwise, just position your goons well along the choke and you should be fine. Players skip reavers most of the time and opt straight for templar tech, using the robo only for observers. This is usually a solid play. Then it becomes the regular map control/templar drops/expanding battle in the center. Please do not hesitate to upload a replay if you would like more specific advice.

You should never, ever lose six probes. I am not quite sure what the problem was, but it was most likely a micro problem. That just takes experience and practice.
Kiante
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7069 Posts
January 06 2011 00:59 GMT
#120
The thing about the build is that if your opponent does a 2 gate and has better micro you're fairly screwed. need to be at least even in terms of micro ability so you dont lose your probes while microing with equal zealots (or that 10 second point where they have an advantage before yours pop out).

Also getting supply blocked or forgetting a zealot when being 2-3 gate zealot'd is pretty much game over (happened to me a bit lol)
Writer
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 637
UpATreeSC 114
ProTech50
JuggernautJason31
MindelVK 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 33759
Calm 3357
Shuttle 1116
actioN 220
firebathero 181
Hyuk 113
Barracks 105
Dewaltoss 101
Liquid`Ret 61
Hyun 29
[ Show more ]
Free 24
Aegong 23
Bale 23
HiyA 23
soO 22
NaDa 19
PianO 17
Shine 16
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8595
Dendi1122
XaKoH 379
Fuzer 104
League of Legends
KnowMe82
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1342
fl0m1134
x6flipin834
Other Games
singsing2121
FrodaN1331
Beastyqt663
ceh9354
B2W.Neo336
mouzStarbuck289
Livibee186
byalli183
C9.Mang0155
RotterdaM110
Trikslyr81
Mew2King68
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 61
• Dystopia_ 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV421
Other Games
• Shiphtur898
• imaqtpie526
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 32m
Replay Cast
5h 17m
OSC
1d 5h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 16h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 23h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.