• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:11
CEST 15:11
KST 22:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8272 users

Protoss imbalance has gone TOO FAR.

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 24 25 26 Next All
Gaetele
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Esper760 Posts
August 22 2008 17:28 GMT
#1
Now I'm tired of losing to stupid D- Protosses on iCCup. I'm a level C Zerg, dammit.
This is getting friggin' ridiculous. People say that the races are balanced, but there's no way it
is even looked at properly by Blizzard. Once Corsairs get into groups above 8 or so, even
a hundred Scourge won't manage to take out one. That's just retarded. I mean, look at the
story. Zerg are the race that just totally take out all groups in terms of numbers, but
all of the Protoss units have retarded AoE splash that just tears through my units one by one.
About 8000 Zerglings or Scourge have died in my game to Archons, Templars and Corsairs.
How is this even remotely balanced!?
aka Ghostclaws
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-29 04:30:02
August 22 2008 17:30 GMT
#2
My thoughts are pretty back and forth on this issue; I mean, although I usually have been joking all my
life, Protoss is no easier than the other races. I really do believe that with the final changes Brood War got
in 1.08, all races have the same potential and it comes down to player error. Remember how PvZ
flipped its imbalance after FE and Bisu build became standard? I think many strategies have really
turned the game around multiple times, as well as player execution. I think a really big
upside to this thread is that it's going to make people finally put their blame of maps and imbalance
down and focus on their own mistakes.
Moderator
raiame
Profile Joined December 2007
United States421 Posts
August 22 2008 17:31 GMT
#3
If he uses his tech you should use your tech.
Use mobility to your advantage. Harass him.
ProTech_MediC
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States498 Posts
August 22 2008 17:31 GMT
#4
how are you C if you lose to D- protoss? Only play TvZ and ZvZ? I wouldn't say you are a full-fledged C if that's the case.
MC Fighting!~
Gaetele
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Esper760 Posts
August 22 2008 17:39 GMT
#5
On August 23 2008 02:31 Phoned wrote:
how are you C if you lose to D- protoss? Only play TvZ and ZvZ? I wouldn't say you are a full-fledged C if that's the case.

Now I don't think you're in a position to talk. What's your rank on iCCup?
I'd venture to guess no higher than D level. How would I get to C without facing P?
Like everyone on iCCup is P. You can't rise in the ranks without facing one. Don't jump
to conclusions like that. It doesn't have to do with my own skill - it just happens to
take no skill to properly play Protoss. I mean, not even an huge Ultraling army can take
a similarly sized Protoss army head on. We also have to manage larva, and it takes Protoss a
minute to completely remacro their army from their 50 Gateways (hi fOrU!)

On August 23 2008 02:31 raiame wrote:
If he uses his tech you should use your tech.
Use mobility to your advantage. Harass him.

Just nerf Protoss and all their overpowered tech because all their players have to do is
sit at the keyboard and roll their face over the hotkeys to win. This just isn't
right. I've even seen a game where a Protoss managed to outexpand a Zerg!
There isn't even a logical explanation for that. What mobility?
aka Ghostclaws
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-22 17:47:24
August 22 2008 17:42 GMT
#6
lol it's always been ZvP imbalance except for Bisu and Free, i bet they chill with each other singing it's just the two of us, we can pvz if we try, just the two of us building corsairs in the sky

edit: will ignorant lower level SCplayers mock imbalance till hell?

answer: always
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
Little-Chimp
Profile Joined February 2008
Canada951 Posts
August 22 2008 17:43 GMT
#7
I'm a D level at best and I will rarely lose to a D- protoss... I think someone's exaggerating their skill level a little bit.
Haemonculus
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States6980 Posts
August 22 2008 17:46 GMT
#8
As a terran player, I rather routinely get out-macro'd by dumb easy-mode protoss. T_T;;
I admire your commitment to being *very* oily
Shauni
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
4077 Posts
August 22 2008 17:47 GMT
#9
LOL.
I think someone has problems with fundamentals...
I'm taking whatever coverage I can get, because frankly, I'm busy working on this million dollar deal at my job. Early retirement is a good thing brotha man. - MessengerASL
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
August 22 2008 17:50 GMT
#10
I agree.

It's ridiculous. I'm sick of all the protoss scrubs. Play a real race.
RIP Aaliyah
doubleupgradeobbies!
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Australia1354 Posts
August 22 2008 17:51 GMT
#11
On August 23 2008 02:28 Gaetele wrote:
Once Corsairs get into groups above 8 or so, even a hundred Scourge won't manage to take out one.


Err isn't that an indication that perhaps you should be using something other than scourge at that stage?

It's like saying scouts are imbalanced cos you can't take them with 2958230959023859 lings....
MSL, 2003-2011, RIP. OSL, 2000-2012, RIP. Proleague, 2003-2012, RIP. And then there was none... Even good things must come to an end.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
August 22 2008 17:52 GMT
#12
On August 23 2008 02:51 doubleupgradeobbies! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2008 02:28 Gaetele wrote:
Once Corsairs get into groups above 8 or so, even a hundred Scourge won't manage to take out one.


Err isn't that an indication that perhaps you should be using something other than scourge at that stage?

It's like saying scouts are imbalanced cos you can't take them with 2958230959023859 lings....


When a races main anti-air unit can't take out another races anti-air unit. It's a problem obv.
RIP Aaliyah
BlackStar
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Netherlands3029 Posts
August 22 2008 17:56 GMT
#13
On August 23 2008 02:28 Gaetele wrote:
About 8000 Zerglings or Scourge have died in my game to Archons, Templars and Corsairs.
How is this even remotely balanced!?



It's not. That's why zerg has huge strategical and economical advantages over protoss.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
August 22 2008 17:58 GMT
#14
On August 23 2008 02:56 BlackStar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2008 02:28 Gaetele wrote:
About 8000 Zerglings or Scourge have died in my game to Archons, Templars and Corsairs.
How is this even remotely balanced!?



It's not. That's why zerg has huge strategical and economical advantages over protoss.


lol troll harder next time.
RIP Aaliyah
mrcheese
Profile Joined March 2008
49 Posts
August 22 2008 17:58 GMT
#15
dark templars, high templars , reavers and corsairs, i effin love them
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-29 04:31:36
August 22 2008 17:59 GMT
#16
I'll answer that, even though I don't play Protoss. There are certain ZvP timings you have to get used to;
tell yourself when you're going to be moving out or staying defensive. I think the problem might be that
you haven't gotten used to playing defensively at certain points and aggressively at others. I do think
how you do this basically shapes your success at ZvP. You can't mindlessly a-move units out (though
I often advocate that) because you'll get cut up by storms and cannons. During TSL this is how I
became a fairly decent ZvT player, and I think it's some advice that anyone can apply to the game. Yep
the main thing to remember here is to play defensively with Lurkers, treat your Scourge like they're a
Prince of Dubai, they are that important! Use the LurkerLing combination to defend; Scourge take care
of his Observers. The key is not to leave any part of your army isolated... I honestly do think that when
a Zerg army can flank it's the strongest army in the game, but I mean if you screw up and go noob
town on it and things come in piecemeal (spelling?) then that's obviously not going to work. It's just
called basic micro and tactics. -_- I think this should let you move to the late game, where Ultras can
bel enough to finish him with simple UltraLing. But remember you really cannot be a simple, mindless
air head with UltraLing in modern ZvP; use Defilers!
Moderator
blabber
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4448 Posts
August 22 2008 17:59 GMT
#17
On August 23 2008 02:28 Gaetele wrote:
Now I'm tired of losing to stupid D- Protosses on iCCup. I'm a level C Zerg, dammit.
This is getting friggin' ridiculous. People say that the races are balanced, but there's no way it
is even looked at properly by Blizzard. Once Corsairs get into groups above 8 or so, even
a hundred Scourge won't manage to take out one. That's just retarded. I mean, look at the
story. Zerg are the race that just totally take out all groups in terms of numbers, but
all of the Protoss units have retarded AoE splash that just tears through my units one by one.
About 8000 Zerglings or Scourge have died in my game to Archons, Templars and Corsairs.
How is this even remotely balanced!?

it's rather balanced at pro level, so obviously you just suck at ZvP
blabberrrrr
.kaz
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
1963 Posts
August 22 2008 18:00 GMT
#18
I don't play zerg or protoss, but unless I misunderstand the matchup, if they're getting 8 corsairs then shouldn't you invest in maybe mutas with armor upgrade, or devourers? The balance remains in the fact that you can lose 50 scourge to 8 corsairs, and 15 seconds later have another 50 scourge ready again. Don't you think its a little imbalanced that 1 overlord full of cracklings can kill an entire protoss base in about 30 seconds? Just because 1 unit that is designed to do only air to air does good at air to air doesn't mean the matchup has any balance issues, you just have to counter his high corsair count with a better strategy.
Pressure - "rock is the defender of justice" 이병민 / 박영민 Hwaiting~
Goosey
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
United States695 Posts
August 22 2008 18:01 GMT
#19
How do threads like this not get closed instantly.
#1 Shuttle Fan.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
August 22 2008 18:01 GMT
#20
On August 23 2008 02:59 blabber wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2008 02:28 Gaetele wrote:
Now I'm tired of losing to stupid D- Protosses on iCCup. I'm a level C Zerg, dammit.
This is getting friggin' ridiculous. People say that the races are balanced, but there's no way it
is even looked at properly by Blizzard. Once Corsairs get into groups above 8 or so, even
a hundred Scourge won't manage to take out one. That's just retarded. I mean, look at the
story. Zerg are the race that just totally take out all groups in terms of numbers, but
all of the Protoss units have retarded AoE splash that just tears through my units one by one.
About 8000 Zerglings or Scourge have died in my game to Archons, Templars and Corsairs.
How is this even remotely balanced!?

it's rather balanced at pro level, so obviously you just suck at ZvP


It isn't balanced at all. Bisu was never good, he was just lucky to discover an imba build.
RIP Aaliyah
1 2 3 4 5 24 25 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1454
WardiTV760
OGKoka 248
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko427
OGKoka 248
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 8560
Bisu 4740
FanTaSy 3357
Jaedong 2037
Shuttle 1412
EffOrt 1185
Horang2 781
BeSt 702
actioN 405
Larva 357
[ Show more ]
Mini 344
Stork 164
Mind 119
Zeus 112
Dewaltoss 108
Snow 107
910 81
Sea.KH 64
Barracks 52
Mong 48
hero 46
ToSsGirL 41
Sexy 40
soO 34
Killer 30
Bale 27
Yoon 26
JYJ 24
sorry 24
Shinee 20
Aegong 19
Free 19
Shine 15
scan(afreeca) 14
HiyA 13
zelot 13
Sacsri 10
Noble 7
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc4357
qojqva1434
Dendi975
XaKoH 471
febbydoto18
Counter-Strike
x6flipin291
fl0m16
Other Games
singsing2705
olofmeister1203
hiko843
B2W.Neo699
Livibee650
crisheroes391
XBOCT260
Pyrionflax229
dupreeh64
Liquid`VortiX60
Hui .57
QueenE30
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick642
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 20
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2151
• Nemesis1605
Other Games
• WagamamaTV187
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
2h 49m
Replay Cast
9h 49m
Afreeca Starleague
20h 49m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
21h 49m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.