• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:40
CEST 09:40
KST 16:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7437 users

SCBW Meet up @ DreamHack Montreal - Sep 6-8 - Page 4

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
SchAmToo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1141 Posts
April 21 2019 18:03 GMT
#61
On April 21 2019 12:26 siegetank7 wrote:
It’s be good to know what event is actually being planned here, is the tournament just among friends or a more official sort of “dreamhack bw” idea and also where ppl are meeting, a pc bang, someone’s house in Canada, one/ multiple hotels, that’s the kind of shit we need to know.


I don't think that was every not clear. This is a community run tournament at DreamHack. We would meet at DreamHack.

It will be held in the BYOC LAN Area... so you will need to make sure you have a computer to use and a BYOC pass.

As far as progress, this is a tournament among the community, held by the community. DreamHack has yet to commit to anything.
twitch.tv/schamtoo | twitter.com/schamtoo
ne4aJIb
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Russian Federation3209 Posts
April 21 2019 19:44 GMT
#62
In Europe please too
Bisu,Best,Stork,Jangbi and Flash, Fantasy, Leta, Light and Jaedong, Hydra, Zero, Soulkey assemble in ACE now!
Cooltemplar
Profile Joined August 2003
Canada59 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-04-22 04:43:35
April 22 2019 04:42 GMT
#63
Hey everyone! It sounds like a great idea. It's been a very long time since I have played any tournament (it has to go back to WCG tournaments back in the days I believe!!).

It would be nice if it was an official event, well organized, with a dedicated section in the BOYC area. Personnally, I couldn't care less about the prize money. I think that a simple, one-day format tournament could work well and be a lot of fun.

I'll keep watching this thread, seems promising

Cheers,
Claude
CaNaDa OwNz!!
siegetank7
Profile Joined April 2019
23 Posts
April 22 2019 05:13 GMT
#64
It might be awkward for everyone to bring a full size desktop computer with them tho, if that’s what’s expected, since ppl are traveling from out of state/ country so is there no way to use dreamhack pc cafe or some kind of on site tournament area. And where would the tournament actually occur
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
April 22 2019 05:31 GMT
#65
This seems like a really cool idea. I could probably make it if it gets organized.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
XenOsky
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Chile2358 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-04-23 03:25:32
April 23 2019 03:14 GMT
#66
Totally gonna save money for this shit... 5 months to go. Lets do it nerds
ἡ τῆς Νεμέσεως τάξις
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10392 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-04-23 07:20:55
April 23 2019 07:20 GMT
#67
On April 23 2019 12:14 XenOsky wrote:
Totally gonna save money for this shit... 5 months to go. Lets do it nerds

I hope you come, I would love to RvR/PvT you again! Was one of my favorite games I have played (edit: aka fanatacist)
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Master of DalK
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
Canada1803 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-04-23 15:55:02
April 23 2019 15:54 GMT
#68
On April 21 2019 03:00 SchAmToo wrote:
I am super appreciative of the heads up, Rifkin.

I'm going to try and run the best tournament I can given whatever circumstances we get. I guess I'll try to make sure I get contacts for the ground floor BYOC people who'll be in charge of us beforehand.

As Doc said, I don't even think we're planning on casting this unless DH or Blizzard wants to do all that work. I'm taking a pretty hands off approach for any of that kind of thing because adding casting on top of this just sounds troublesome.

Honestly 90% of what I'm looking to do is play some games and hang out with brood war people. I'll put together a bracket and some rules, get some admins from here to help and we'll go from there. If people want to take this tournament super serious I can do that too. Maybe we do two tournaments, one more casual and one serious.

If you run into issues let me know, my company literally shares an office with DH Canada so at least a lot of the on-the-ground issues I can do my best to subvert. Though plenty of these community run BYOC tournaments have happened last year and the year prior so I dunno why anything would come up.
@MasterDalK | Maelstrom Entertainment | Streaming Every Esport Under the Sun
Q~Bert
Profile Joined June 2006
United States670 Posts
April 23 2019 17:31 GMT
#69
I am going to fight everyone. Everyone.
aka: Yaj
XenOsky
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Chile2358 Posts
April 23 2019 23:22 GMT
#70
On April 23 2019 16:20 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2019 12:14 XenOsky wrote:
Totally gonna save money for this shit... 5 months to go. Lets do it nerds

I hope you come, I would love to RvR/PvT you again! Was one of my favorite games I have played (edit: aka fanatacist)


I dodge
ἡ τῆς Νεμέσεως τάξις
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10392 Posts
April 24 2019 01:07 GMT
#71
On April 24 2019 08:22 XenOsky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2019 16:20 Jealous wrote:
On April 23 2019 12:14 XenOsky wrote:
Totally gonna save money for this shit... 5 months to go. Lets do it nerds

I hope you come, I would love to RvR/PvT you again! Was one of my favorite games I have played (edit: aka fanatacist)


I dodge

;;
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
HerbMon
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States472 Posts
April 24 2019 01:08 GMT
#72
I'm in.
How we will win in the period ahead.
TT1
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada10090 Posts
April 24 2019 02:03 GMT
#73
On April 24 2019 02:31 Q~Bert wrote:
I am going to fight everyone. Everyone.


u comin? should we start a #fundforyaj?
ab = tl(i) + tl(pc), the grand answer to every tl.net debate
Q~Bert
Profile Joined June 2006
United States670 Posts
April 24 2019 02:45 GMT
#74
On April 24 2019 11:03 TT1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 24 2019 02:31 Q~Bert wrote:
I am going to fight everyone. Everyone.


u comin? should we start a #fundforyaj?


Need a vacation fund if you can swing it. Already spending 10 of my annually allotted 17 days in Europe.
aka: Yaj
TT1
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada10090 Posts
April 24 2019 02:47 GMT
#75
On April 24 2019 11:45 Q~Bert wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 24 2019 11:03 TT1 wrote:
On April 24 2019 02:31 Q~Bert wrote:
I am going to fight everyone. Everyone.


u comin? should we start a #fundforyaj?


Need a vacation fund if you can swing it. Already spending 10 of my annually allotted 17 days in Europe.


Cancel Europe.. NA > Europe, we all know this.
ab = tl(i) + tl(pc), the grand answer to every tl.net debate
jordeady
Profile Joined March 2018
Peru30 Posts
April 24 2019 03:02 GMT
#76
On April 24 2019 11:47 TT1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 24 2019 11:45 Q~Bert wrote:
On April 24 2019 11:03 TT1 wrote:
On April 24 2019 02:31 Q~Bert wrote:
I am going to fight everyone. Everyone.


u comin? should we start a #fundforyaj?


Need a vacation fund if you can swing it. Already spending 10 of my annually allotted 17 days in Europe.


Cancel Europe.. NA > Europe, we all know this.




You are a sad noob. Europe is a beautiful continent.
hola
TT1
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada10090 Posts
April 24 2019 03:09 GMT
#77
On April 24 2019 12:02 jordeady wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 24 2019 11:47 TT1 wrote:
On April 24 2019 11:45 Q~Bert wrote:
On April 24 2019 11:03 TT1 wrote:
On April 24 2019 02:31 Q~Bert wrote:
I am going to fight everyone. Everyone.


u comin? should we start a #fundforyaj?


Need a vacation fund if you can swing it. Already spending 10 of my annually allotted 17 days in Europe.


Cancel Europe.. NA > Europe, we all know this.




You are a sad noob. Europe is a beautiful continent.


you're not from peru, your aka is cancerx and you're a german/korean
ab = tl(i) + tl(pc), the grand answer to every tl.net debate
SchAmToo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1141 Posts
April 24 2019 19:43 GMT
#78
So just to keep this going, please remember to answer the google sheet here:
https://forms.gle/zW7YzvPEVJYCFDQk9

I’ve been talking with DreamHack, Blizzard and other parties. Nothing confirmed yet but we could get a lot of buy in from those companies soon.

As an idea, I’d like to crowdfund for this tournament by running smaller events for no prize pool. Tournaments, fun matches, showmatches, etc.

As always I’m open to feedback and ideas!
twitch.tv/schamtoo | twitter.com/schamtoo
puppykiller
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States3137 Posts
April 24 2019 20:11 GMT
#79
If my old friends go, I'll go too for sure.
Why would I play sctoo when I can play BW?
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10392 Posts
April 24 2019 21:16 GMT
#80
On April 25 2019 04:43 SchAmToo wrote:
So just to keep this going, please remember to answer the google sheet here:
https://forms.gle/zW7YzvPEVJYCFDQk9

I’ve been talking with DreamHack, Blizzard and other parties. Nothing confirmed yet but we could get a lot of buy in from those companies soon.

As an idea, I’d like to crowdfund for this tournament by running smaller events for no prize pool. Tournaments, fun matches, showmatches, etc.

As always I’m open to feedback and ideas!

This sounds like a fantastic idea
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech161
StarCraft: Brood War
Mong 394
Leta 239
Dewaltoss 110
sSak 58
Killer 37
Bale 34
NotJumperer 33
Aegong 28
ZergMaN 28
yabsab 16
[ Show more ]
Noble 10
Sharp 1
League of Legends
JimRising 561
Reynor33
Other Games
summit1g11087
olofmeister388
Sick212
Happy111
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick774
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream40
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1125
• Jankos540
• Stunt462
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
2h 21m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3h 21m
Monday Night Weeklies
8h 21m
Replay Cast
15h 21m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 2h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 3h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 16h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.