• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:36
CEST 10:36
KST 17:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9714 users

Legend latest post on Sina Weibo - Page 6

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 11 Next All
Wintex
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Norway16849 Posts
December 04 2017 14:24 GMT
#101
ROFL this is the most outrageous and funny thing I've read about in a while. Zotac dun goofed
The Bomber boy
Eywa-
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada4876 Posts
December 04 2017 14:24 GMT
#102
On December 04 2017 16:12 outscar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2017 16:00 sc19980331 wrote:
Larva's post http://m.afreecatv.com/dpfgc3/detail/0/28518609

I asked ahead of time with the organizers if I could do it or not and they said I could

Asked http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/INcontroL if he can put feet on keyboard?


Who the fuck is Incontrol so Larva should ask permission? Was he around when BW was dying and all those pros were teamless participating, streaming 24/7 to live? No! I'm just gonna put it right here:

[image loading]


On December 04 2017 17:32 outscar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2017 17:13 Nickzouzou wrote:
On December 04 2017 16:57 outscar wrote:
On December 04 2017 16:51 Nickzouzou wrote:
played by foot....except youself and some of your retarded fans..who can get fun from this ugly show?

To think your kid grow up,she/he will be proud of your today show? Never...
You are telling her/him and everybody,laughing and bullying the weakers is so much enjoyable for you...you will not be a good father I think.

I am down today,not because I am one Chinese.Because this ugly and rediculous issue happen on my favorite game:StarCraft since 1998。 It's a shame on this game,and a shame on SouthKro!!!


Can we ban this 1 post guy who acts so tough? Who you callling retarded idiot? Your chinese player just got roasted. If you can't take it then don't play lmao. And what this shit go to do with being father? Holy fuck you're pathetic retard. So many pussies here.



Everyone has his advantege and shortness,you ,me China, and Korea..everyone
SC is not a simple kids low game,at least this time is one international match..respecting is one bottom line as a human being,isn't it?
To think about in Olypic game, Korea some sports not good at,and opponents win you in similar way....tell me your thinking.


Larva didn't want and aim to disrespect Legend and/or chinese players in any way. I don't understand why you're getting so offended. Even if I was chinese and even if he was doing these things to my favourite player I maybe will upset but don't instantly start hating on him. He was just trying to make it entartaining for everyone, it's his style if you watch his stream. And if you read Jaeyun's post above Larva told that he's showman and he's doing all stuns to satisfy his fans. So calling his fans retarded and shitting on him stupidity.


So, if I understand correctly, you don't understand how people are offended by Larva's behavior, but you're offended by Incontrol's interview?

Did I get that about right?

Being mannered is almost as important as winning. Almost...
opisska
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Poland8852 Posts
December 04 2017 14:25 GMT
#103
I didn't follow this at all, but I was told that despite of anything he has done for show, this Larva guy actually won, right? In such a case, this is completely stupid and the loser of the match should just suck it up.
"Jeez, that's far from ideal." - Serral, the king of mild trashtalk
TL+ Member
MindBreaker
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States574 Posts
December 04 2017 14:41 GMT
#104
On December 04 2017 23:25 opisska wrote:
I didn't follow this at all, but I was told that despite of anything he has done for show, this Larva guy actually won, right? In such a case, this is completely stupid and the loser of the match should just suck it up.

Lol of course he won. He is a top tier ASL pro vs a much older retired player. He could of won with one hand tied behind his back. Something he did for a bit lol.
Is it weird that I play most of my online games at work? And that it's a pizza place??
bITt.mAN
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Switzerland3693 Posts
December 04 2017 14:43 GMT
#105
Link to VODs if you want to watch it first-hand:
https://go.twitch.tv/zotac_cup/videos/all
BW4LYF . . . . . . PM me, I LOVE PMs. . . . . . Long live "NaDa's Body" . . . . . . Fantasy | Bisu/Best | Jaedong . . . . .
opisska
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Poland8852 Posts
December 04 2017 14:44 GMT
#106
On December 04 2017 23:41 MindBreaker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2017 23:25 opisska wrote:
I didn't follow this at all, but I was told that despite of anything he has done for show, this Larva guy actually won, right? In such a case, this is completely stupid and the loser of the match should just suck it up.

Lol of course he won. He is a top tier ASL pro vs a much older retired player. He could of won with one hand tied behind his back. Something he did for a bit lol.


Well I would have thought that one of the reason top tier players are top tier is their top tier usage of hands But this really shows how big is the gap between top pros and everyone in BW!

Anyway the point was, that if he had lost, that would be kinda questionable, because it would be essentially throwing the game, which is bad even for a showmatch. But I don't really understand why he is getting punished for winning like this if he is able of that. Yeah, some people are offended, the usual business - are people ever gonna realize that them being offended is just their problem and nobody else's?
"Jeez, that's far from ideal." - Serral, the king of mild trashtalk
TL+ Member
Wintex
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Norway16849 Posts
December 04 2017 14:48 GMT
#107
I don't think there would be 1 reaction if he did it to one of the other foreigners. It's just the chinese honor culture that makes it way more extra. It's honestly too good tho. If you lose to toes and nukes, it's a god damn shame, but it's a showmatch and nothing more.
The Bomber boy
Eywa-
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada4876 Posts
December 04 2017 14:49 GMT
#108
On December 04 2017 23:48 Wintex wrote:
I don't think there would be 1 reaction if he did it to one of the other foreigners. It's just the chinese honor culture that makes it way more extra. It's honestly too good tho. If you lose to toes and nukes, it's a god damn shame, but it's a showmatch and nothing more.

Or if he was Korean, people would get offended for giving too much of an aggressive interview.

I think this narrative of "it's because he's Chinese" has to stop.
Being mannered is almost as important as winning. Almost...
aQuaSC
Profile Joined August 2011
717 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-04 14:53:13
December 04 2017 14:50 GMT
#109
Say what you want about ZOTAC's response, I'm not taking sides though an outright ban feels like an overreaction, but how on earth you can think that what Larva did was not insulting? It was the biggest insult in any gaming competition I've ever seen (maybe I didn't see enough?).
TL+ Member
MindBreaker
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States574 Posts
December 04 2017 14:50 GMT
#110
On December 04 2017 23:44 opisska wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2017 23:41 MindBreaker wrote:
On December 04 2017 23:25 opisska wrote:
I didn't follow this at all, but I was told that despite of anything he has done for show, this Larva guy actually won, right? In such a case, this is completely stupid and the loser of the match should just suck it up.

Lol of course he won. He is a top tier ASL pro vs a much older retired player. He could of won with one hand tied behind his back. Something he did for a bit lol.


Well I would have thought that one of the reason top tier players are top tier is their top tier usage of hands But this really shows how big is the gap between top pros and everyone in BW!

Anyway the point was, that if he had lost, that would be kinda questionable, because it would be essentially throwing the game, which is bad even for a showmatch. But I don't really understand why he is getting punished for winning like this if he is able of that. Yeah, some people are offended, the usual business - are people ever gonna realize that them being offended is just their problem and nobody else's?

The crux of the argument is that supposedly he didn’t have permission to mess around like that. And at the end of the day rude and disrespectful behavior will always be looked down on (as it should be) but in larva’s defense I really don’t think he intended it as such. He was just trying to make a fun end to the event for the viewers. Unfortunately that had to come at legends expense
Is it weird that I play most of my online games at work? And that it's a pizza place??
jinjin5000
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1559 Posts
December 04 2017 14:51 GMT
#111
Larva apparently said:


this is pretty frustrating moment right now. I will explain few hours from now
Just look what country zotac is from and you will understand


duke91
Profile Joined April 2014
Germany1458 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-04 14:56:37
December 04 2017 14:54 GMT
#112
On December 04 2017 23:50 aQuaSC wrote:
Say what you want about ZOTAC's response, I'm not taking sides but outright ban feels like an overreaction, but how on earth you can think that what Larva did was not insulting? It was the biggest insult in any gaming competition I've ever seen (maybe I didn't see enough?).


It was a SHOWMATCH, not a competition. Showmatches are there to have fun and goof around. That's how it was always been.

Look at the all star proleague events, same concept. You think you would invite a famous streamer and expect him to play seriously without any showmanship from a streamer known for this kinds of stuff?

If he were to do this in ASL, this would be a different story.

What is more embarassing are the people making it out as the worst insult in human history.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)STYLE START SBENU( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
s_k_911
Profile Joined August 2008
China363 Posts
December 04 2017 15:01 GMT
#113
http://www.inven.co.kr/webzine/news/?news=190371&iskin=esports

I see.

korea web inven say: it is a permisstioned show.
apm200 terran play for fun
duke91
Profile Joined April 2014
Germany1458 Posts
December 04 2017 15:03 GMT
#114
On December 04 2017 23:50 MindBreaker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2017 23:44 opisska wrote:
On December 04 2017 23:41 MindBreaker wrote:
On December 04 2017 23:25 opisska wrote:
I didn't follow this at all, but I was told that despite of anything he has done for show, this Larva guy actually won, right? In such a case, this is completely stupid and the loser of the match should just suck it up.

Lol of course he won. He is a top tier ASL pro vs a much older retired player. He could of won with one hand tied behind his back. Something he did for a bit lol.


Well I would have thought that one of the reason top tier players are top tier is their top tier usage of hands But this really shows how big is the gap between top pros and everyone in BW!

Anyway the point was, that if he had lost, that would be kinda questionable, because it would be essentially throwing the game, which is bad even for a showmatch. But I don't really understand why he is getting punished for winning like this if he is able of that. Yeah, some people are offended, the usual business - are people ever gonna realize that them being offended is just their problem and nobody else's?

The crux of the argument is that supposedly he didn’t have permission to mess around like that. And at the end of the day rude and disrespectful behavior will always be looked down on (as it should be) but in larva’s defense I really don’t think he intended it as such. He was just trying to make a fun end to the event for the viewers. Unfortunately that had to come at legends expense


No thats not the crux. We do not know if Larva just misunderstood what kind of shenaningans he would be allowed to. There are various degrees of BM.

Rude and disrespectul behavior should always looked down up? Yeah apparently it doesn't apply to FBH or JD hatchery bm. If savior did a statement like Lx after FBH danced around like that, FBH would have gotten the same reaction Larva receives (and it was in a serious tournament, not this showmatch tournament). It rather depends on how the receiving end reacts to it.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)STYLE START SBENU( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Wintex
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Norway16849 Posts
December 04 2017 15:04 GMT
#115
On December 04 2017 23:50 aQuaSC wrote:
Say what you want about ZOTAC's response, I'm not taking sides though an outright ban feels like an overreaction, but how on earth you can think that what Larva did was not insulting? It was the biggest insult in any gaming competition I've ever seen (maybe I didn't see enough?).

Yeah even for a showmatch it probably was a bit much, but the organizers didn't say anything after he played the first game, or the second, or when he finished the third. Telling him to relax a bit and stop going so hard on legend could have improved the situation instead of creating so many problems. I don't feel like the organizers thought it was a problem before Legend whined to the chinese twitterscape.
The Bomber boy
Therapist.
Profile Joined January 2009
United States207 Posts
December 04 2017 15:07 GMT
#116
I thought the whole thing was awesome and extremely entertaining. I would love to see an event like this again.

Gonna get mad if Larva beats you with his feet? Well, don't let him beat you with his feet, then! It can hardly be argued that Larva violated the integrity of the match, since he won all 3 games, so I don't see what problem there could possibly be.

Gotta be a little more thick skinned and recognize when someone completely outclasses you, in my opinion. I don't think anyone in that tournament could reasonably be going up against Larva and expect to win.
opisska
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Poland8852 Posts
December 04 2017 15:08 GMT
#117
On December 04 2017 23:48 Wintex wrote:
I don't think there would be 1 reaction if he did it to one of the other foreigners. It's just the chinese honor culture that makes it way more extra. It's honestly too good tho. If you lose to toes and nukes, it's a god damn shame, but it's a showmatch and nothing more.


The "Chinese culture" argument doesn't make any sense either. I am all for the Chinese people's right to have any culture they want (as long as it is remotely compatible with basic human rights) - but that just means that they are supposed to act like that. You can't just say "my culture is that I get a benefit X" and then expect people to give you this benefit - in this case not making fun of you. It just doesn't make any sense. It's actually pretty interesting that we have the same problem in the West (with so many offense-taking groups) as they have in the East, shows how the human nature is universal.
"Jeez, that's far from ideal." - Serral, the king of mild trashtalk
TL+ Member
jinjin5000
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1559 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-04 15:08:48
December 04 2017 15:08 GMT
#118
apparently incontrol was angry at larva according to larva

:thinking:
aQuaSC
Profile Joined August 2011
717 Posts
December 04 2017 15:09 GMT
#119
On December 04 2017 23:54 duke91 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2017 23:50 aQuaSC wrote:
Say what you want about ZOTAC's response, I'm not taking sides but outright ban feels like an overreaction, but how on earth you can think that what Larva did was not insulting? It was the biggest insult in any gaming competition I've ever seen (maybe I didn't see enough?).


It was a SHOWMATCH, not a competition. Showmatches are there to have fun and goof around. That's how it was always been.

Look at the all star proleague events, same concept. You think you would invite a famous streamer and expect him to play seriously without any showmanship from a streamer known for this kinds of stuff?

If he were to do this in ASL, this would be a different story.

What is more embarassing are the people making it out as the worst insult in human history.

To me it's just a matter of what it's called, I'm used to calling a match between two invited people a showmatch, the main event and the 'showmatch' could have names switched and it wouldn't matter since both were looking like a regular tournament, but whatever.

Not trying to be embarassing or anything, I just think it was pretty insulting and I've never seen anything like it, pre/post-match bm or ceremonies are usual thing but I personally have little respect for "showmanship" of that kind, doing that and making up an excuse like "I wanted to make some fun for viewers" is like intentionally spitting on someone and saying that you had a bad taste in your mouth and well you stood in a bad spot at a bad time dude sry (well maybe it's me who's overreacting now :D I hope you get what I mean though)
TL+ Member
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
December 04 2017 15:18 GMT
#120
On December 05 2017 00:08 jinjin5000 wrote:
apparently incontrol was angry at larva according to larva

:thinking:


Shouldn't be surprising, just watch the interview and you can see how mad he is.

I know if I were legends I would feel very embarrassed/shit with what happened during his matches with Larva. That being said, Larva didn't get talked to after doing it in game 1 and there were no written rules about stuff like this. So while rude (although I found it funny at times as a viewer), I don't think Larva deserves a ban. I don't see Larva playing in any Zotac cups anyway as i'd be surprised if there were anymore big BW tournaments that a Korean can play in, but non the less I think it's a over reaction.


Fun event and was fun watching Artosis/Tasteless/Day9/Incontrol casting the BW event.
When I think of something else, something will go here
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 538
910 376
Hyuk 312
Killer 74
Dewaltoss 58
Yoon 48
Mind 33
Shinee 33
NotJumperer 27
ZergMaN 26
[ Show more ]
Bale 24
yabsab 18
Light 13
Noble 7
Dota 2
XcaliburYe162
League of Legends
JimRising 471
Counter-Strike
olofmeister954
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2123
Khaldor450
Other Games
singsing1209
ceh9569
XBOCT252
Mew2King150
ArmadaUGS41
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick732
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream258
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH148
• LUISG 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2315
League of Legends
• Jankos1268
• Stunt534
Other Games
• WagamamaTV94
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
2h 24m
Stellar Fest
4h 24m
The PondCast
1d 1h
OSC
1d 4h
Stellar Fest
1d 4h
OSC
1d 15h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.