• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:20
CEST 09:20
KST 16:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8994 users

What kind of gaming mouse should I get for BW? - Page 3

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-07 18:39:08
April 07 2015 18:38 GMT
#41
On April 08 2015 03:23 Yorbon wrote:
Apparently I play the worst possible way, lol. Super tight grip, pretty high sens, and 80% of my movement is wrist pivot.


Your sens is like tectonic plate movements compared to some users. I have more than a few people on skype contacts (and have talked to on forums) who insist 2-3k DPI on 1080p is too slow

you also have 0 positive/negative accel and actually control mouse well so you're not squeezing it trying not to overshoot things all of the time
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
April 07 2015 18:48 GMT
#42
On April 08 2015 03:38 Cyro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 08 2015 03:23 Yorbon wrote:
Apparently I play the worst possible way, lol. Super tight grip, pretty high sens, and 80% of my movement is wrist pivot.


Your sens is like tectonic plate movements compared to some users. I have more than a few people on skype contacts (and have talked to on forums) who insist 2-3k DPI on 1080p is too slow

you also have 0 positive/negative accel and actually control mouse well so you're not squeezing it trying not to overshoot things all of the time
yeah, true, although it's gotten worse since i've pushed my limits less hard in that regard. Regarding accuracy, I train muscle memory more than trying to 'go somewhere on screen really fast'. Also, the tightness of my grip correlates more with bpm than accuracy, I think that's worth mentioning as well.
DiMiaN
Profile Joined October 2013
Finland306 Posts
April 07 2015 18:53 GMT
#43
So, best way to play BW is to have low DPI/CPI? I have Razer Abyssus with 3 dpi options. I had it on 3500dpi. :S After reading this thread I changed it to 450dpi and higher sens on win.
TheGreatOne
Profile Joined November 2005
United States534 Posts
April 07 2015 20:26 GMT
#44
Okay guys thanks for your input. I will probably just get the cheapest gaming mouse I can find, and the cheapest gaming mouse pad I can find. The Razor Abyssus looks like a tempting buy but so does the top cheap Logitech mice. As long as its a good gaming mouse I think I will be fine. I will probably just start out with a nice gaming mouse pad, and see how that affects my game performance with the mouse I already have.
Protoss has always been the strongest race and always will be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
April 07 2015 20:39 GMT
#45
On April 08 2015 03:53 DiMiaN wrote:
So, best way to play BW is to have low DPI/CPI? I have Razer Abyssus with 3 dpi options. I had it on 3500dpi. :S After reading this thread I changed it to 450dpi and higher sens on win.


No, you should never change your windows sensitivity. It should always be at 1:1 (which is 6/11) with enhance pointer precision disabled.

Since brood war plays at 640x480, that means that 400dpi when playing brood war is the same as having 900dpi on a 1080p screen, for how far you have to move the mouse to cross the screen vertically. That's a very good sensitivity level and you should not deviate far from it.
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
TheGreatOne
Profile Joined November 2005
United States534 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-07 21:24:32
April 07 2015 21:16 GMT
#46
I have my pointer speed set on the fastest speed, is that why when I run bw the color is all messed up? Should I just lower the speed and uncheck pointer precision or just lower the speed and leave pointer precision checked?
Protoss has always been the strongest race and always will be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-07 21:47:28
April 07 2015 21:46 GMT
#47
On April 08 2015 06:16 TheGreatOne wrote:
I have my pointer speed set on the fastest speed, is that why when I run bw the color is all messed up? Should I just lower the speed and uncheck pointer precision or just lower the speed and leave pointer precision checked?
bw colors have little to do with mouse sensitivity as far as i'm aware. There are some color bugs due newer windows versions for example, but there are some fixes for that (google...)
Pointer precision should always be turned off, windows pointer speed should always be neutral. So yes, you should lower the speed and uncheck pointer precision.

I don't really know any more than that, but of this I'm quite sure..
TheGreatOne
Profile Joined November 2005
United States534 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-07 22:40:57
April 07 2015 22:38 GMT
#48
On April 08 2015 06:46 Yorbon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 08 2015 06:16 TheGreatOne wrote:
I have my pointer speed set on the fastest speed, is that why when I run bw the color is all messed up? Should I just lower the speed and uncheck pointer precision or just lower the speed and leave pointer precision checked?
bw colors have little to do with mouse sensitivity as far as i'm aware. There are some color bugs due newer windows versions for example, but there are some fixes for that (google...)
Pointer precision should always be turned off, windows pointer speed should always be neutral. So yes, you should lower the speed and uncheck pointer precision.

I don't really know any more than that, but of this I'm quite sure..


Okay thank you very much! Maybe that is why I couldn't split my beginning workers, or micro very well. Lol
Protoss has always been the strongest race and always will be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jello_biafra
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United Kingdom6642 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-07 23:45:38
April 07 2015 23:45 GMT
#49
I've used a microsoft mini optical mouse for the last four years, it was weird at at first since it's so small but now that I'm used to it I believe I can play as well with it as any other mouse. So yeah...just find something you're comfortable with.

+ Show Spoiler [this one, with standard logitech for s…] +
[image loading]
The road to hell is paved with good intentions | aka Probert[PaiN] @ iccup / godlikeparagon @ twitch | my BW stream: http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/jello_biafra
LaStScan
Profile Joined May 2011
Korea (South)1289 Posts
April 08 2015 01:07 GMT
#50
I only use this mouse. I used Logitech G1 mouse at Fengzi's house, and I did not like it. It's heavy for SC.
[image loading]
[image loading]
Trying my best for ASL, ASTL
TheGreatOne
Profile Joined November 2005
United States534 Posts
April 08 2015 02:31 GMT
#51
Cool mice!
Protoss has always been the strongest race and always will be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sdjklahsjask
Profile Joined March 2015
Canada73 Posts
April 08 2015 03:03 GMT
#52
if youre gonna go GAYMER mouse, get a steel series. its the least gaudy awful IM A GAMER design. stay away from razer or any mouse that looks like its going to turn into a decepticon.
sertas
Profile Joined April 2012
Sweden890 Posts
April 08 2015 03:40 GMT
#53
razer deathadder doh is super great, a mouse u can have for years no problem.
ninazerg
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States7291 Posts
April 08 2015 04:12 GMT
#54
On April 07 2015 05:00 TheGreatOne wrote:
I want a mouse that is going to get me to D/D+/C-/C/C+ levels on iccup to just start out with.


If you want to get higher than D+, you're going to need a serious mouse. A normal logitech mouse is probably not going to cut it in the competitive world of StarCraft. That's just the truth. What you absolutely must have is the Razer Ourobouros:

[image loading]

The Razer Ouroboros delivers the ultimate in comfort and functionality. It’s wireless, a rarity for the gaming scene, but boasts a latency-free connection and a rechargeable dock that can double as a wired connection. Its ambidextrous design is good for both left- and right-handed gamers, and it has an abundance of physical adjustments so you can tune it to the perfect comfort setting. If you're serious about playing Brood War, you essentially must purchase this mouse, or else you may as well not even play at all.
"If two pregnant women get into a fist fight, it's like a mecha-battle between two unborn babies." - Fyodor Dostoevsky
sdjklahsjask
Profile Joined March 2015
Canada73 Posts
April 08 2015 04:33 GMT
#55
On April 08 2015 13:12 ninazerg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 07 2015 05:00 TheGreatOne wrote:
I want a mouse that is going to get me to D/D+/C-/C/C+ levels on iccup to just start out with.


If you want to get higher than D+, you're going to need a serious mouse. A normal logitech mouse is probably not going to cut it in the competitive world of StarCraft. That's just the truth. What you absolutely must have is the Razer Ourobouros:

[image loading]

The Razer Ouroboros delivers the ultimate in comfort and functionality. It’s wireless, a rarity for the gaming scene, but boasts a latency-free connection and a rechargeable dock that can double as a wired connection. Its ambidextrous design is good for both left- and right-handed gamers, and it has an abundance of physical adjustments so you can tune it to the perfect comfort setting. If you're serious about playing Brood War, you essentially must purchase this mouse, or else you may as well not even play at all.


looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
TheGreatOne
Profile Joined November 2005
United States534 Posts
April 09 2015 03:04 GMT
#56
I'm thinking something under 50$.
Protoss has always been the strongest race and always will be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cava
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
United States1035 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-09 03:13:28
April 09 2015 03:09 GMT
#57
Cheap, accurate, simple. Logitech G100s

[image loading]

Also, this is one of the oldest brands of gaming mousepads, the surface 1030. Still the best.

[image loading]
cava!
Probemicro
Profile Joined February 2014
3708 Posts
April 09 2015 05:26 GMT
#58
On April 08 2015 13:12 ninazerg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 07 2015 05:00 TheGreatOne wrote:
I want a mouse that is going to get me to D/D+/C-/C/C+ levels on iccup to just start out with.


If you want to get higher than D+, you're going to need a serious mouse. A normal logitech mouse is probably not going to cut it in the competitive world of StarCraft. That's just the truth. What you absolutely must have is the Razer Ourobouros:

[image loading]

The Razer Ouroboros delivers the ultimate in comfort and functionality. It’s wireless, a rarity for the gaming scene, but boasts a latency-free connection and a rechargeable dock that can double as a wired connection. Its ambidextrous design is good for both left- and right-handed gamers, and it has an abundance of physical adjustments so you can tune it to the perfect comfort setting. If you're serious about playing Brood War, you essentially must purchase this mouse, or else you may as well not even play at all.


that mouse looks like it would cut your hand the moment you touch it.
letian
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany4221 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-09 09:16:16
April 09 2015 08:58 GMT
#59
On April 08 2015 13:12 ninazerg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 07 2015 05:00 TheGreatOne wrote:
I want a mouse that is going to get me to D/D+/C-/C/C+ levels on iccup to just start out with.


If you want to get higher than D+, you're going to need a serious mouse. A normal logitech mouse is probably not going to cut it in the competitive world of StarCraft. That's just the truth. What you absolutely must have is the Razer Ourobouros:

[image loading]

The Razer Ouroboros delivers the ultimate in comfort and functionality. It’s wireless, a rarity for the gaming scene, but boasts a latency-free connection and a rechargeable dock that can double as a wired connection. Its ambidextrous design is good for both left- and right-handed gamers, and it has an abundance of physical adjustments so you can tune it to the perfect comfort setting. If you're serious about playing Brood War, you essentially must purchase this mouse, or else you may as well not even play at all.

Hahaha.... I see what you did there :D
letian
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany4221 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-09 09:05:55
April 09 2015 09:03 GMT
#60
On April 07 2015 05:00 TheGreatOne wrote:
I have a regular 20 $ Walmart logitech mouse right now and it isn't very accurate. Im wondering if I should just get a 30 or 40 $ Logitech gaming mouse, or try a Steel-series gaming mouse? I want a mouse that is going to get me to D/D+/C-/C/C+ levels on iccup to just start out with. What is better for BW SteelSeries mice or Logitech mice? What kind of mouse pad would you get?

How is logitech for $20 is not accurate in 640x480 game? First of all no mouse in the world will get you to C+

BW is not SC2 with all its "progamer" gear bullshit campaigns. Training will get you to C+. Replace the mouse only if you are not comfortable with how it feels in your hand and don't waste your money.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 40m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 340
Hyuk 197
Hyun 89
Shinee 64
Hm[arnc] 55
ZergMaN 17
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm197
League of Legends
JimRising 704
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King112
Other Games
summit1g8459
WinterStarcraft518
ArmadaUGS48
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick785
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream133
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2303
League of Legends
• Rush1387
• Lourlo1057
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2h 40m
INu's Battles
4h 40m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
7h 40m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
11h 40m
BSL Open Qualifier
11h 40m
Replay Cast
15h 40m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 2h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 3h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 15h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.