• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:42
CEST 12:42
KST 19:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8916 users

Practice Partners (Official) - Page 11

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 47 Next All
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
January 10 2014 00:45 GMT
#201
On January 09 2014 20:11 Play wrote:
ICCup ID: MediocreWolf
Rank: D
Max Rank: C-
Race: Terran

added!

On January 10 2014 02:58 puppykiller wrote:
Looking for people to practice with:

Iccup ID: Puppykiller (but may be using my offrace accounts: BIGsandwich or DennyGlubber)
Max Rank: C
Race: Terran


I'm learning offraces! Help me work on my protoss and zerg so I can get them both to C eventually.

updated. Added your comment to the end of your previous ones. Let me know if it's ok or if you want me to fix anything else
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Zero[1159]
Profile Joined April 2011
Brazil101 Posts
January 12 2014 01:56 GMT
#202
ICCup ID: sgs.zero1159
Rank: D
Max Rank: D
Race: Terran

Trying to get back to bw after a long time without playing =p
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
January 12 2014 02:33 GMT
#203
On January 12 2014 10:56 Zero[1159] wrote:
ICCup ID: sgs.zero1159
Rank: D
Max Rank: D
Race: Terran

Trying to get back to bw after a long time without playing =p

added! Best of luck!
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
ArmadA[NaS]
Profile Joined January 2014
United States350 Posts
January 14 2014 05:44 GMT
#204
Iccup ID: f10eQQ
Rank: D
Max Rank: D
Race: Protoss
Will practice w/ anyone. My goal is to get to C- by the end of the year so i can finally say im decent at SC.
puppykiller
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States3137 Posts
January 14 2014 08:50 GMT
#205
On January 14 2014 14:44 f10eqq wrote:
Iccup ID: f10eQQ
Rank: D
Max Rank: D
Race: Protoss
Will practice w/ anyone. My goal is to get to C- by the end of the year so i can finally say im decent at SC.


Haha your goal is the same as mine but for me it's b- with Terran
Why would I play sctoo when I can play BW?
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
January 14 2014 19:52 GMT
#206
On January 14 2014 14:44 f10eqq wrote:
Iccup ID: f10eQQ
Rank: D
Max Rank: D
Race: Protoss
Will practice w/ anyone. My goal is to get to C- by the end of the year so i can finally say im decent at SC.

added! Best of luck

On January 14 2014 17:50 puppykiller wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 14 2014 14:44 f10eqq wrote:
Iccup ID: f10eQQ
Rank: D
Max Rank: D
Race: Protoss
Will practice w/ anyone. My goal is to get to C- by the end of the year so i can finally say im decent at SC.


Haha your goal is the same as mine but for me it's b- with Terran

B- is rough with terran but I think it's doable with practice
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
nigsky
Profile Joined February 2013
United Kingdom114 Posts
January 18 2014 19:41 GMT
#207
ICCup ID: admiralnigsky
Rank: D
Max Rank: D
Race: Zerg

Reached plat in SC2 before I got bored of it - got interested in BW through Starbow where I played Zerg managed to beat a few masters league players.
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-18 19:49:42
January 18 2014 19:49 GMT
#208
On January 19 2014 04:41 nigsky wrote:
ICCup ID: admiralnigsky
Rank: D
Max Rank: D
Race: Zerg

Reached plat in SC2 before I got bored of it - got interested in BW through Starbow where I played Zerg managed to beat a few masters league players.

added! Keep in mind that while Starbow has some similarities, the AI and limited control groups (I don't believe starbow limits them?) makes the game different enough. That and supposedly they had some extra units in Starbow but I never played it to tell lol. Winning is pretty rewarding in BW. Welcome aboard!
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
nigsky
Profile Joined February 2013
United Kingdom114 Posts
January 19 2014 13:36 GMT
#209
On January 19 2014 04:49 BigFan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2014 04:41 nigsky wrote:
ICCup ID: admiralnigsky
Rank: D
Max Rank: D
Race: Zerg

Reached plat in SC2 before I got bored of it - got interested in BW through Starbow where I played Zerg managed to beat a few masters league players.

added! Keep in mind that while Starbow has some similarities, the AI and limited control groups (I don't believe starbow limits them?) makes the game different enough. That and supposedly they had some extra units in Starbow but I never played it to tell lol. Winning is pretty rewarding in BW. Welcome aboard!

I don't see you in my friends list. I'm new to battle.net and don't understand how anything works.
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
January 19 2014 16:44 GMT
#210
On January 19 2014 22:36 nigsky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2014 04:49 BigFan wrote:
On January 19 2014 04:41 nigsky wrote:
ICCup ID: admiralnigsky
Rank: D
Max Rank: D
Race: Zerg

Reached plat in SC2 before I got bored of it - got interested in BW through Starbow where I played Zerg managed to beat a few masters league players.

added! Keep in mind that while Starbow has some similarities, the AI and limited control groups (I don't believe starbow limits them?) makes the game different enough. That and supposedly they had some extra units in Starbow but I never played it to tell lol. Winning is pretty rewarding in BW. Welcome aboard!

I don't see you in my friends list. I'm new to battle.net and don't understand how anything works.

sorry, should've explained lol. I meant I added you to the document in the OP I can give you a small explanation here but I think there's a doc on here that explains more:
For commands: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=41457

This has a couple of them. Now after you logged into the iccup server using MP, you are in a chat channel. You can talk to the other players in the list there, maybe ask if someone wants to play a game etc... There are several options:
Channel- if you click on this, you get a list of channels. You can choose a channel and double click it to go into it.
Friends- if you click this, you can see a list of friends. If their name is white, they are offline. Yellow, they are online. You can just send them a message through /m or other commands(I'm not familiar with all commands unfortunately).
Create- you can make your own game. You choose a name, password, map(most use fighting spirit from iccup map pack), game type(you want one on one for the game to count) and speed(keep it at fastest). In general, when creating a game, most people would specify what they are looking for. For ex. 1v1 D Z only means that you want to have a 1vs1, D level player(there's D-, D and D+) and you want a zerg opponent. Once the opponent joins your game, if you're satisfied with their race and you're good to go, common courtesy is to say glgl or so then press ok and the game counts down till it starts. If you want to create a game, you'll have to forward ports on your router to do so. There's a guide here on TL, you'll have to search for it since I don't have the link but it's pretty simple to do. Some people do have trouble with it though depending on the router.
Join- click this and you get a list of games that others have created. There are usually 1-2 1v1 games that you can try to join and they are usually around D level. It's best if you can learn to create games though since you'll get someone joining your game pretty fast as long as it's not like 4 in the morning lol while you'll likely have to wait around if you can't join any current created games(full or latency issues).
League- not as familiar with this, wouldn't worry about it though.
Quit

Hope that helps. Feel free to ask questions if you want
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
DooMDash
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1015 Posts
January 21 2014 12:37 GMT
#211
BigFan would you kick my butt in SC1?
S1 3500+ Master T. S2 1600+ Master T.
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-21 18:13:59
January 21 2014 18:12 GMT
#212
On January 21 2014 21:37 DooMDash wrote:
BigFan would you kick my butt in SC1?

lol. Good question, tbh I have no clue. I haven't forgotten the countless times I've lost to you in SCII though I mostly play TvZ and some PvZ so my TvP/TvT are pretty terrible and I've played like 10-15 games over the past 6 months or so, so who knows XD As an example: I lost to a mass zergling burrow tactics after a 1 rax FE just the other day(it was like 6-7 min into the game) but then won the next game by countering his early pool lol.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
DiMiaN
Profile Joined October 2013
Finland306 Posts
January 24 2014 10:40 GMT
#213
TL ID: DiMiaN
ICCup ID: Teletubbie link
Rank: E/D-/D
Max Rank: N/A (my first season)
Race: Terran
Timezone: GMT+2
Twitch: link
Extra info: Newbie here I've been on ladder now for over a month with ~15% winrate with over 200 games played. Still learning the game. Would be nice to have a partner to brainstorm with and follow up hows it going for them.
Liquid`Drone
Profile Joined September 2002
Norway28903 Posts
January 24 2014 12:01 GMT
#214
Iccup id: hockland
rank: C-
max rank: was a- years ago, no idea where I am now, but looking at iccup list from last season I should definitely reach B if I played enough
race: zvt zvp pvz in terms of best matchups, but I like every mirror matchup (and I'm prolly a more suitable practice partner for many of you if I play terran. )

I think I'm also very good at explaining stuff.
Moderator
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
January 25 2014 06:22 GMT
#215
On January 24 2014 19:40 DiMiaN wrote:
TL ID: DiMiaN
ICCup ID: Teletubbie link
Rank: E/D-/D
Max Rank: N/A (my first season)
Race: Terran
Timezone: GMT+2
Twitch: link
Extra info: Newbie here I've been on ladder now for over a month with ~15% winrate with over 200 games played. Still learning the game. Would be nice to have a partner to brainstorm with and follow up hows it going for them.

Added! I didn't include the twitch link in the comment section since I didn't think it will help you out. If you wanted it included, let me know

On January 24 2014 21:01 Liquid`Drone wrote:
Iccup id: hockland
rank: C-
max rank: was a- years ago, no idea where I am now, but looking at iccup list from last season I should definitely reach B if I played enough
race: zvt zvp pvz in terms of best matchups, but I like every mirror matchup (and I'm prolly a more suitable practice partner for many of you if I play terran. )

I think I'm also very good at explaining stuff.

Added! I put random for race but included the rest of your comment in the comment section for clarification purposes
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Toudeleski
Profile Joined August 2011
United States66 Posts
January 25 2014 06:37 GMT
#216
add me plz i want to learn

spookyguy/terran/never played
glhf
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-25 06:57:44
January 25 2014 06:57 GMT
#217
On January 25 2014 15:37 Toudeleski wrote:
add me plz i want to learn

spookyguy/terran/never played

added you to the list If you want to learn, my advice would be to watch snipealot's streams(look under live streams -> StarCraft:Brood War and go for whichever one you want) and find someone on the list who's new-ish to play some games with. Check out liquipedia to see what builds and compositions you should go for and finally, read! read! read! lol. Best of luck!
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Givegodawedgie
Profile Joined June 2011
United States40 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-28 17:42:24
January 28 2014 17:37 GMT
#218
ICCup ID: Druj
Rank: D
Max Rank: c- many years ago
Race: Protoss
Returning after many years away due to being an adult now sadly, looking to play more seriously although with my level of rust i may as well be a new player. East coast timezone, hit me up for games on skype: givegodawedgie, in iccup, or on here.
puppykiller
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States3137 Posts
January 28 2014 20:40 GMT
#219
Once you warm up to around c- definitely send me a message for some pvp or zvp
Why would I play sctoo when I can play BW?
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
January 29 2014 00:07 GMT
#220
On January 29 2014 02:37 Givegodawedgie wrote:
ICCup ID: Druj
Rank: D
Max Rank: c- many years ago
Race: Protoss
Returning after many years away due to being an adult now sadly, looking to play more seriously although with my level of rust i may as well be a new player. East coast timezone, hit me up for games on skype: givegodawedgie, in iccup, or on here.

added!
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 47 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 1
Afreeca ASL 9619
StarCastTV_EN260
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko288
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 11777
Bisu 3864
FanTaSy 2900
Jaedong 1221
BeSt 772
actioN 609
EffOrt 491
Horang2 473
Larva 297
Leta 243
[ Show more ]
Zeus 197
Barracks 149
Dewaltoss 110
Mind 101
Mong 78
JYJ 75
scan(afreeca) 71
ToSsGirL 60
Sexy 56
sorry 55
Free 45
Killer 41
Shinee 39
Aegong 33
sSak 33
soO 33
Bale 27
HiyA 18
yabsab 14
Sacsri 10
Hyuk 0
Dota 2
XcaliburYe260
XaKoH 1
Counter-Strike
byalli811
x6flipin9
Other Games
singsing1848
olofmeister964
crisheroes284
Pyrionflax191
KnowMe114
dupreeh107
Livibee34
B2W.Neo7
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick658
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 173
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1104
Other Games
• WagamamaTV180
Upcoming Events
WardiTV Weekly
18m
Monday Night Weeklies
5h 18m
Replay Cast
12h 18m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 18m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
3 days
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.