• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:03
CEST 22:03
KST 05:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11141 users

The why was my thread closed topic - Page 31

Forum Index > Website Feedback
Post a Reply
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 48 Next All
ffz
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States490 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-21 03:30:16
April 21 2011 03:28 GMT
#601
I understand why the IGN facebook like thread was closed because a lot of people would follow this example and try to get publicity like this, but it does feel like there is a double standard when the CJ twitter retweet thread aka effort coming back thread was not closed.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=201812 <-- CJ thread. Before the announcement it was basically the same type of thread.

Edit: I noticed the op for the IGN thread basically just quoted 2 lines and then wrote 2 more of his own. I can understand closing the thread because of that.
Meow.
graNite
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany4434 Posts
April 21 2011 23:52 GMT
#602
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=215151

it is not my homework. im jsut curious
if this topic doesnt give a solution, im totally fine with it
"Oink oink, bitches" - Tasteless on Pigbaby winning a map against Flash
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-21 23:57:35
April 21 2011 23:57 GMT
#603
I think the topic gave off the impression that it was more intended for you personally than for meaningful and interesting discussion (than for everyone else).

That's my take on it, you can try private messaging the staff member for a more direct clarification (the above is only my opinion).
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Brotkrumen
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany193 Posts
April 22 2011 11:39 GMT
#604
This thread:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=215307

I planned to play around with logical fallacies a bit, but it got closed.
Before that I searched the forum and there is a thread on directional wiping and about the folding/crumbling controversy.

If I oversaw a thread, I'm sorry. If there is none and the reason is that the subject of the thread does not adhere to TL.net posting standards, I can accept that too. If though the subject matter was found to be of no interest, I'd rather that the visitors decide and that the thread would just die on its own.
Matharos
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada211 Posts
May 13 2011 14:18 GMT
#605
Hi I would like to know why this thread was closed. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=222573

So many zergs are complaining about lack of scouting options, I thought it would be useful to show how good overlords are.....

I really don;t think I'm saying one race is better, I'm trying to say that zerg scouting is better then everyone thinks...
I assure you I don't have ferrets in my pants
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
May 13 2011 15:36 GMT
#606
My guess is that your approach wasn't the best. To compare scans with Overlords is to assume they're on par or at the same level or degree or usefulness.

When in reality, they are vastly different and could not be compared. Apples and Oranges, they're both sources of vitamis (like scans and overlords are sources of scouting), but they're different in terms of cost (lose supply/lose energy + MULE) and cost (100 minerals and potentially supply-capped/lose mining of a potential mule), etc. etc.

That's my understanding.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26004 Posts
May 13 2011 15:50 GMT
#607
On May 13 2011 23:18 Matharos wrote:
Hi I would like to know why this thread was closed. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=222573

So many zergs are complaining about lack of scouting options, I thought it would be useful to show how good overlords are.....

I really don;t think I'm saying one race is better, I'm trying to say that zerg scouting is better then everyone thinks...

It's a pretty low level discussion that doesn't further anything. It's like saying an 18-wheeler is better than a car because it's more expensive and bigger. You've completely ignored all the other factors involved in the discussion (risk analysis, lost production, vulnerability to early timings, even how to get your overlords in position to be sacrifised, etc.). You tried to turn it into apples to apples, which isn't possible.
Moderator
Matharos
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada211 Posts
May 13 2011 16:47 GMT
#608
On May 14 2011 00:50 Chill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 13 2011 23:18 Matharos wrote:
Hi I would like to know why this thread was closed. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=222573

So many zergs are complaining about lack of scouting options, I thought it would be useful to show how good overlords are.....

I really don;t think I'm saying one race is better, I'm trying to say that zerg scouting is better then everyone thinks...

It's a pretty low level discussion that doesn't further anything. It's like saying an 18-wheeler is better than a car because it's more expensive and bigger. You've completely ignored all the other factors involved in the discussion (risk analysis, lost production, vulnerability to early timings, even how to get your overlords in position to be sacrifised, etc.). You tried to turn it into apples to apples, which isn't possible.



Ok Thanks
I assure you I don't have ferrets in my pants
MASSivezTV
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States289 Posts
May 16 2011 16:05 GMT
#609
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=223715

would LOVE to know why this was closed with in 5 minutes of it being up.

Seems like TL mods have been shitty recently (dont take offense even though you should)

and dont give me the "not enough effort" shit.

There was a replay and everything.
MASSivezTV
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States289 Posts
May 16 2011 16:13 GMT
#610
lmao never mind chill is in this thread. for all i know ill prob get banned! xD

save the response, dont want one

User was temp banned for this post.
MinoMino
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway1103 Posts
May 16 2011 16:14 GMT
#611
On May 17 2011 01:05 MASSivezTV wrote:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=223715

would LOVE to know why this was closed with in 5 minutes of it being up.

Seems like TL mods have been shitty recently (dont take offense even though you should)

and dont give me the "not enough effort" shit.

There was a replay and everything.

The "this" on your blog that got closed was a link to this thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=210370

Basically, you failed to tag your thread correctly, thus, the thread got closed. You failed to meet one of the most basic requirements, it's as simple as that.
Blah.
MASSivezTV
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States289 Posts
May 16 2011 16:15 GMT
#612
lol wow
Ares[Effort] *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
DEMACIA6550 Posts
May 16 2011 16:18 GMT
#613
"I will post the replay below, note that it is vs Hard A.I. and not another human. Please submit feedback telling me what I could have done better if possible Thank you!"

This is the guidelines

[H] Help threads.

Post a replay, give your own analysis, get help!

The classic “Why did I lose this game?”. For these threads it is absolutely required that you post a replay. No exceptions. Nobody is going to be able to help you if you won’t post a replay.

Additionally, first put some thought into what happened in the game, and include your own analysis into the thread. It might be wrong, but try your best. It doesn’t have to be long, a few point form lines is enough to give people a starting point to give you advice. Your thread won’t last if you won’t put any effort in it.

If you have specific questions, ask them along with your analysis. It’s always easier to reply if we know what exactly you need help with.
Moderatorgold coin
Try
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States1293 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-22 05:18:41
May 22 2011 05:18 GMT
#614
Here is the "How is the World Going to End" thread:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=225343

I posted basically this exact same thread awhile ago, but mine was closed.

My thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=133083

I was curious why mine was closed, while the other one is allowed to stay open.
Thanks.
hacklebeast
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5090 Posts
May 25 2011 01:00 GMT
#615
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=226143

I'm not a fan of the guy, but I'm curious why the thread got closed and the op got nuked.

I know he cheated for tsl2, but that didn't stop Dimaga from getting a fan club. He's BM, but no more BM than some other big names. Is it a combination of the two that no one else has, or is there part of the story I'm not aware of?
Protoss: Best, Paralyze, Jangbi, Nal_Ra || Terran: Oov, Boxer, Fantasy, Hiya|| Zerg: Yellow, Zero
Levolent
Profile Joined September 2004
United States59 Posts
May 29 2011 09:36 GMT
#616
Why was this thread closed just 30 seconds after I made it? I know I only have 6 posts, but I've been on here since 2004 and I think it is a legitimate question for the Starcraft 2 Strategy subforum...

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=227627
Marradron
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Netherlands1586 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-29 13:37:05
May 29 2011 13:36 GMT
#617
On May 29 2011 18:36 joe7dust wrote:
Why was this thread closed just 30 seconds after I made it? I know I only have 6 posts, but I've been on here since 2004 and I think it is a legitimate question for the Starcraft 2 Strategy subforum...

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=227627


The standards for the strategy forum are kept quite high. Did you read the guideline at the top of the forum ?

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=113479

A few things missing. Tags, replays, in dept anaylisis. People cant help your gameplay if you dont show it. Nor should you expect them to if you dont provide a good analysis yourself. Though I'm not a mod this is how I would feel about your post.
Levolent
Profile Joined September 2004
United States59 Posts
May 29 2011 14:04 GMT
#618
I saw that, I'm not asking for an in depth analysis of my play. I want to know the top 3 TvZ players, to study them. All the ones I've seen so far seem to lose most of the time. Is there a better subforum to ask?
Zaphid
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic1860 Posts
May 29 2011 16:11 GMT
#619
On May 29 2011 23:04 joe7dust wrote:
I saw that, I'm not asking for an in depth analysis of my play. I want to know the top 3 TvZ players, to study them. All the ones I've seen so far seem to lose most of the time. Is there a better subforum to ask?


Best players are usually from Korea and good luck getting their replays, you are better off checking some replay site and just grabbing 10-100 TvZ replays regardless of whether they win or lose and practice the opening, there is strategy that wins 100% of the time. Judging by your post, a lot of the high level play would be over your head at this point too.
I will never ever play Mech against Protoss. - MVP
Edmon
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom259 Posts
May 29 2011 18:11 GMT
#620
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=227709

I worry that if I explain the joke here it might no longer be funny . Sad that it's locked though.
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 48 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 444
IndyStarCraft 301
EmSc Tv 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 22024
Calm 2233
Shuttle 338
Mini 163
White-Ra 163
ZZZero.O 129
firebathero 73
scan(afreeca) 21
soO 12
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6136
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1503
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4481
Liquid`Hasu586
Other Games
summit1g6794
Liquid`RaSZi2302
FrodaN1522
fl0m1483
RotterdaM879
olofmeister855
B2W.Neo750
Beastyqt353
crisheroes295
Livibee229
Pyrionflax135
Mew2King57
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick932
BasetradeTV206
StarCraft 2
angryscii 19
EmSc Tv 12
EmSc2Tv 12
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 17
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki46
• blackmanpl 20
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1491
• Shiphtur699
• WagamamaTV349
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 57m
Replay Cast
2h 57m
OSC
15h 57m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 14h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.