• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:03
CEST 01:03
KST 08:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9058 users

The why was my thread closed topic - Page 18

Forum Index > Website Feedback
Post a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 48 Next All
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-27 21:38:21
October 27 2010 21:37 GMT
#341
On October 28 2010 04:42 TadH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2010 03:45 Chill wrote:
Are you kidding me? It's a one-line image with a question in the Title. TL isn't your personal Rosetta Stone. The fact that you're discussing it being closed is actually crazy. Do not remake that as a blog or anywhere on TL.


but if I add a few line of text, I could then use TL as my personal rosetta stone? you know cause the image and title arent clear enough.

And the reason why I'm asking here is because the PM I received said to repost it as a blog, so I'm getting conflicting advice from the staff here.

Post the PM.

Edit: The entire PM, not just the snippet you previously posted.
Moderator
mahnini
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
United States6862 Posts
October 27 2010 21:44 GMT
#342
that was the whole PM. i didn't feel the need to write all that out, mistake on my part.
the world's a playground. you know that when you're a kid, but somewhere along the way everyone forgets it.
GarlicPepper
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States563 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-28 08:08:13
October 28 2010 07:58 GMT
#343
I wrote a blog, it got closed quickly. It's not fair all my blogs get closed?

I see now there was a typo in the title. Can a mod change this?

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=164499
sleepingdog
Profile Joined August 2008
Austria6145 Posts
October 28 2010 20:24 GMT
#344
My thread here go closed and I don't know why:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=164606

The person who closed it wrote:
This OP is unreadable. Please capitalize and learn to use periods for God's sake.


I admit that I haven't capitalized enough, nevertheless I never got even the chance to edit it - also from the amount of feedback the thread received I didn't get the feeling it was "unreadable"

Also I received a warning with a PM that included:
Please try to post on teamliquid.net using proper English. This includes spelling out words like "you" and "you're" and appropriate grammar and spelling.

After reading my OP again twice I couldn't finde a single "you - you're" error or "that" many grammar/spelling errors. I honestly think the warning was overly harsh because I really tried to structure the OP and elaborate my thoughts. I apologize for not using proper capitalization/periods and hope I get at least the chance to edit my OP.
"You see....YOU SEE..." © 2010 Sen
GarlicPepper
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States563 Posts
October 30 2010 00:58 GMT
#345
I still haven't got a response. Is it ok if I repost my blog with the title fixed?
Loooui
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Sweden348 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-01 04:56:10
November 01 2010 04:41 GMT
#346
It was sorted out. I reposted my topic.
meeple
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada10211 Posts
November 01 2010 09:32 GMT
#347
On October 30 2010 09:58 GarlicPepper wrote:
I still haven't got a response. Is it ok if I repost my blog with the title fixed?


I don't think your problem was the title... if you post it again it will likely be closed again.
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
November 01 2010 15:16 GMT
#348
On October 30 2010 09:58 GarlicPepper wrote:
I still haven't got a response. Is it ok if I repost my blog with the title fixed?

No, it's terrible. Don't repost it please.
Moderator
mgj
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
191 Posts
November 02 2010 09:02 GMT
#349
Disclaimer: im not actually the starter of this thread.

Thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=165505

"your lack of effort in an OP makes me sad and angry."

You shutting down a 5-page long discussion makes me sad =/

"X company is now worth Y <link to source> - what do you think?"
... is a perfectly fine, no? This is news about a fact, what else can you say?

Do we really want people trying to put some silly twist on the story just to prove themself worthy of creating threads? I dont understand that logic, OP apparently was enough to get people involved.
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-02 15:38:18
November 02 2010 15:37 GMT
#350
I didn't close it, but I'll give my opinion.

TL isn't some news RSS feed. We had a blight of people posting news article links and saying "thoughts?" That is a shitty precedent, as people rushed to be the first to post news.

In order to fix that, we expect some sort of conversation starter from the OP for news threads. The OP is usually required to give his opinion on the article, or some sort of personal expertise to add to the discussion.

The "OP apparently was enough to get people involved" is a losing argument because I've seen 15 pages about a dog getting a blowjob from someone's girlfriend. Our mandate is to protect quality; the amount of replies doesn't necessarily speak to thread quality.
Moderator
seRapH
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9827 Posts
November 02 2010 16:14 GMT
#351
On November 03 2010 00:37 Chill wrote:
I didn't close it, but I'll give my opinion.

TL isn't some news RSS feed. We had a blight of people posting news article links and saying "thoughts?" That is a shitty precedent, as people rushed to be the first to post news.

In order to fix that, we expect some sort of conversation starter from the OP for news threads. The OP is usually required to give his opinion on the article, or some sort of personal expertise to add to the discussion.

The "OP apparently was enough to get people involved" is a losing argument because I've seen 15 pages about a dog getting a blowjob from someone's girlfriend. Our mandate is to protect quality; the amount of replies doesn't necessarily speak to thread quality.

but that was pure gold, and a ton of effort was put into that OP!

if someone posted something like that today would it be closed?
boomer hands
Bibbit
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada5377 Posts
November 03 2010 01:56 GMT
#352
On November 03 2010 01:14 seRapH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2010 00:37 Chill wrote:
I didn't close it, but I'll give my opinion.

TL isn't some news RSS feed. We had a blight of people posting news article links and saying "thoughts?" That is a shitty precedent, as people rushed to be the first to post news.

In order to fix that, we expect some sort of conversation starter from the OP for news threads. The OP is usually required to give his opinion on the article, or some sort of personal expertise to add to the discussion.

The "OP apparently was enough to get people involved" is a losing argument because I've seen 15 pages about a dog getting a blowjob from someone's girlfriend. Our mandate is to protect quality; the amount of replies doesn't necessarily speak to thread quality.

but that was pure gold, and a ton of effort was put into that OP!

if someone posted something like that today would it be closed?


Very interested in knowing this too. I think it might, if only because TL has been moving in a more "safe for work" direction.
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
November 03 2010 05:26 GMT
#353
On November 03 2010 01:14 seRapH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2010 00:37 Chill wrote:
I didn't close it, but I'll give my opinion.

TL isn't some news RSS feed. We had a blight of people posting news article links and saying "thoughts?" That is a shitty precedent, as people rushed to be the first to post news.

In order to fix that, we expect some sort of conversation starter from the OP for news threads. The OP is usually required to give his opinion on the article, or some sort of personal expertise to add to the discussion.

The "OP apparently was enough to get people involved" is a losing argument because I've seen 15 pages about a dog getting a blowjob from someone's girlfriend. Our mandate is to protect quality; the amount of replies doesn't necessarily speak to thread quality.

but that was pure gold, and a ton of effort was put into that OP!

if someone posted something like that today would it be closed?

No, it would just be moved to the rest of pachi's blogs.
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
Raelcun
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States3747 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-03 18:57:32
November 03 2010 18:57 GMT
#354
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=166058

not my thread but it appears as if Incontrol read the Early GG as an offensive GG not a giving up early...

edit: OP asks about giving up early and he talks about throwing in your opponents towel I think he might have been confused?
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24801 Posts
November 03 2010 20:35 GMT
#355
On November 04 2010 03:57 iCCup.Raelcun wrote:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=166058

not my thread but it appears as if Incontrol read the Early GG as an offensive GG not a giving up early...

edit: OP asks about giving up early and he talks about throwing in your opponents towel I think he might have been confused?

I think he misread that but it was still not a particularly good thread... I mean is it bm to forfeit before you are completely and utterly crushed? I don't think so.
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
Raelcun
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States3747 Posts
November 03 2010 20:39 GMT
#356
Yeah thread was borderline was just curious about the closing message and maybe a little bit about the people who said yes lol xD
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-15 05:33:40
November 15 2010 05:32 GMT
#357
While I understand why This thread was closed. I want my formal complaint logged here. This thread was like TLs equivalent of jersey shore and I was enjoying every bit of it.
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
KinosJourney2
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Sweden1811 Posts
November 15 2010 11:01 GMT
#358
On November 15 2010 14:32 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
While I understand why This thread was closed. I want my formal complaint logged here. This thread was like TLs equivalent of jersey shore and I was enjoying every bit of it.


That thread was really entertaining, i also can't believe how many people got away with double and triple posting in it(and posting 1 liners). o_o
ocho wrote: EDIT: NEVERMIND, THIS THING HAS APM TECHNOLOGY OMG
-_-
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States7081 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-15 19:27:02
November 15 2010 19:26 GMT
#359
On November 15 2010 14:32 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
While I understand why This thread was closed. I want my formal complaint logged here. This thread was like TLs equivalent of jersey shore and I was enjoying every bit of it.


And I'll take this opportunity to formally thank the tl.net staff for not deleting it. For the most part, tl.net girls are the absolute best. But when they're not, it's more fun than my real life girl troubles.


edited out mischievous smiley -_-
Kelsin
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States253 Posts
November 16 2010 00:51 GMT
#360
My survey thread was closed recently and I was hoping to post this image as well as more results once my friend finishes analyzing them.

Was the thread in the wrong forum?

I also used the Contact Us form to ask this question before finding this thread and I apologize for that.

On a side note my friend got over 1700 responses for his survey, he's thrilled and his professors are completely blown away.
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 48 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft0
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta18
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 74
ViBE74
SpeCial 0
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 187
Hyuk 62
Noble 46
NaDa 24
Bale 16
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm146
League of Legends
Doublelift4786
Counter-Strike
minikerr7
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox107
Mew2King64
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5748
Khaldor693
Other Games
summit1g8019
FrodaN2053
shahzam509
Coldzera 372
JimRising 353
C9.Mang0282
KnowMe263
ArmadaUGS96
ZombieGrub93
Trikslyr44
PPMD33
CosmosSc2 13
PiGStarcraft0
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick164
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream73
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH349
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21176
Other Games
• imaqtpie796
• Shiphtur157
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
10h 57m
Online Event
11h 57m
FEL
16h 57m
AI Arena Tournament
17h 57m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
19h 57m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 10h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-01
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Proleague 2026-10-02
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.