• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:54
CEST 21:54
KST 04:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8833 users

US Politics Feedback Thread - Page 199

Forum Index > Website Feedback
Post a Reply
Prev 1 197 198 199 200 201 345 Next
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
October 07 2018 19:08 GMT
#3961
On October 08 2018 03:10 Simberto wrote:
I think Doodsmack is talking about GreenHorizons blog.


My mistake
iamthedave
Profile Joined February 2011
England2814 Posts
October 08 2018 15:51 GMT
#3962
On October 08 2018 02:41 Doodsmack wrote:
Just learned of the second politics thread from this one. Cant see how that's a good idea. Theres basically two threads serving the same purpose. If it was restricted to banned people that would make sense and would actually be kind of fun.


I don't see a problem. The Conservative posters mostly don't like the main thread and GH has abandoned it for various reasons. Now they have a space they can talk politics in that they find more comfortable. And it's pretty vigorous, so that's good.

It vastly accelerates echo chambering of course, but I think most people are past caring about that.
I'm not bad at Starcraft; I just think winning's rude.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
October 08 2018 21:27 GMT
#3963
I don’t consider it an echo chamber at all. It just avoids the re-hashing of the same arguments over and over between the same people. The 400th argument about who makes up the Democratic Party isn’t a productive discussion.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24376 Posts
October 08 2018 23:09 GMT
#3964
On October 09 2018 00:51 iamthedave wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2018 02:41 Doodsmack wrote:
Just learned of the second politics thread from this one. Cant see how that's a good idea. Theres basically two threads serving the same purpose. If it was restricted to banned people that would make sense and would actually be kind of fun.


I don't see a problem. The Conservative posters mostly don't like the main thread and GH has abandoned it for various reasons. Now they have a space they can talk politics in that they find more comfortable. And it's pretty vigorous, so that's good.

It vastly accelerates echo chambering of course, but I think most people are past caring about that.


I think it's been made clear they prefer it. I don't think it's a good thing but if it's what they want, it is what it is.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Grumbels
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Netherlands7032 Posts
October 12 2018 21:32 GMT
#3965
Can Wegandi be somehow banned? He doesn’t participate in discussion, he is just a troll trying to provoke.
Well, now I tell you, I never seen good come o' goodness yet. Him as strikes first is my fancy; dead men don't bite; them's my views--amen, so be it.
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
October 12 2018 21:52 GMT
#3966
--- Nuked ---
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44361 Posts
October 13 2018 02:16 GMT
#3967
Wegandi isn't a troll, he's a libertarian. A troll says dumb things just to stir shit. No matter how dumb you think Wegandi's posts are I have no doubt that he believes in them.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Grumbels
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Netherlands7032 Posts
October 13 2018 06:54 GMT
#3968
On October 13 2018 11:16 KwarK wrote:
Wegandi isn't a troll, he's a libertarian. A troll says dumb things just to stir shit. No matter how dumb you think Wegandi's posts are I have no doubt that he believes in them.

The global warming denial where he talks about the breeze of the wind and such had to have been purely provocative though.
Well, now I tell you, I never seen good come o' goodness yet. Him as strikes first is my fancy; dead men don't bite; them's my views--amen, so be it.
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
October 15 2018 15:29 GMT
#3969
--- Nuked ---
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44361 Posts
October 15 2018 15:31 GMT
#3970
On October 16 2018 00:29 JimmiC wrote:
Could we get a IP check on MAGA MAN, he shows up out of no where and instantly starts a dumb fight. He does so seemingly knowing posters politics. Feels like an Alt, who's first 10 post on a gaming website are in the USpol thread?

Like "man sweet a hearthstone website with forums, hmmm I think I'll see if I can find a politics thread and start a fight!"

He's definitely a PBU. Just report him and wait.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
October 15 2018 17:38 GMT
#3971
I wish I could figure out which PBU he is. I can’t put my finger on it.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
October 15 2018 18:54 GMT
#3972
STIMEY
Life?
Doodsmack
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7224 Posts
October 16 2018 00:30 GMT
#3973
On October 16 2018 00:29 JimmiC wrote:
a hearthstone website


May I correct you...this is a Starcraft site first and foremost
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22646 Posts
October 16 2018 00:34 GMT
#3974
On October 16 2018 09:30 Doodsmack wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2018 00:29 JimmiC wrote:
a hearthstone website


May I correct you...this is a Starcraft site first and foremost
I'm going to take a wild guess and assume he was posting from the LiquidHearth page, which you can see by the user icon not being one of the SC units.
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
October 16 2018 00:45 GMT
#3975
--- Nuked ---
Doodsmack
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7224 Posts
October 19 2018 22:26 GMT
#3976
On October 09 2018 00:51 iamthedave wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2018 02:41 Doodsmack wrote:
Just learned of the second politics thread from this one. Cant see how that's a good idea. Theres basically two threads serving the same purpose. If it was restricted to banned people that would make sense and would actually be kind of fun.


I don't see a problem. The Conservative posters mostly don't like the main thread and GH has abandoned it for various reasons. Now they have a space they can talk politics in that they find more comfortable. And it's pretty vigorous, so that's good.

It vastly accelerates echo chambering of course, but I think most people are past caring about that.


The echo chamber effect is real. It don't see the sense in having two threads for the same purpose, but I guess they figure the two sides can't coexist.
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24376 Posts
October 19 2018 22:45 GMT
#3977
On October 20 2018 07:26 Doodsmack wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2018 00:51 iamthedave wrote:
On October 08 2018 02:41 Doodsmack wrote:
Just learned of the second politics thread from this one. Cant see how that's a good idea. Theres basically two threads serving the same purpose. If it was restricted to banned people that would make sense and would actually be kind of fun.


I don't see a problem. The Conservative posters mostly don't like the main thread and GH has abandoned it for various reasons. Now they have a space they can talk politics in that they find more comfortable. And it's pretty vigorous, so that's good.

It vastly accelerates echo chambering of course, but I think most people are past caring about that.


The echo chamber effect is real. It don't see the sense in having two threads for the same purpose, but I guess they figure the two sides can't coexist.


I'm not stopping "the other side" from posting in the blog so it seems to be mostly a grassroots accommodation.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-10-20 06:41:27
October 20 2018 06:41 GMT
#3978
On October 20 2018 07:45 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 20 2018 07:26 Doodsmack wrote:
On October 09 2018 00:51 iamthedave wrote:
On October 08 2018 02:41 Doodsmack wrote:
Just learned of the second politics thread from this one. Cant see how that's a good idea. Theres basically two threads serving the same purpose. If it was restricted to banned people that would make sense and would actually be kind of fun.


I don't see a problem. The Conservative posters mostly don't like the main thread and GH has abandoned it for various reasons. Now they have a space they can talk politics in that they find more comfortable. And it's pretty vigorous, so that's good.

It vastly accelerates echo chambering of course, but I think most people are past caring about that.


The echo chamber effect is real. It don't see the sense in having two threads for the same purpose, but I guess they figure the two sides can't coexist.


I'm not stopping "the other side" from posting in the blog so it seems to be mostly a grassroots accommodation.


It's a tread for those who have been banned or is otherwise unhappy with the regular thread.. Can't imagine why that would create an echo chamber. What's stopping the rest of us from posting in it is that we already have politics thread; you know the original one?

I can't quite fathom what this thread is suppose to do or why Seeker cleared it, but I admit I don't have any strong feelings towards having it removed either. Not like it's hurting me by simply existing or anything.
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24376 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-10-20 06:51:13
October 20 2018 06:50 GMT
#3979
On October 20 2018 15:41 Excludos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 20 2018 07:45 GreenHorizons wrote:
On October 20 2018 07:26 Doodsmack wrote:
On October 09 2018 00:51 iamthedave wrote:
On October 08 2018 02:41 Doodsmack wrote:
Just learned of the second politics thread from this one. Cant see how that's a good idea. Theres basically two threads serving the same purpose. If it was restricted to banned people that would make sense and would actually be kind of fun.


I don't see a problem. The Conservative posters mostly don't like the main thread and GH has abandoned it for various reasons. Now they have a space they can talk politics in that they find more comfortable. And it's pretty vigorous, so that's good.

It vastly accelerates echo chambering of course, but I think most people are past caring about that.


The echo chamber effect is real. It don't see the sense in having two threads for the same purpose, but I guess they figure the two sides can't coexist.


I'm not stopping "the other side" from posting in the blog so it seems to be mostly a grassroots accommodation.


It's a tread for those who have been banned or is otherwise unhappy with the regular thread.. Can't imagine why that would create an echo chamber. What's stopping the rest of us from posting in it is that we already have politics thread; you know the original one?

I can't quite fathom what this thread is suppose to do or why Seeker cleared it, but I admit I don't have any strong feelings towards having it removed either. Not like it's hurting me by simply existing or anything.


Outside of Democrats being less than impressive, what exactly is getting echo'd in the Blog?
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
iamthedave
Profile Joined February 2011
England2814 Posts
October 20 2018 10:00 GMT
#3980
The problem with the main thread is simple: most of the posters in there have been posting a long time, and they know each other well, and many of them don't like each other. The 'politics' part gets drowned out by the 'I hate x poster' part. That's what lead to the constant arguments and bannings. GH couldn't reliably post without getting into a fight with a couple of posters who don't like him (and vice versa), and the same runs true for several of the long term conservative posters.

The blog gives those people who can't get along in the main thread a place to post and chat about politics. But it isn't an echo chamber. It's just another space. There's less pushback against certain things, but there's been no fights either. Seems like a success to me so far.
I'm not bad at Starcraft; I just think winning's rude.
Prev 1 197 198 199 200 201 345 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 6m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 567
ProTech147
BRAT_OK 84
Railgan 62
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 1620
Shuttle 654
Dewaltoss 118
Trap 29
Bale 17
scan(afreeca) 12
Dota 2
420jenkins473
XaKoH 433
Counter-Strike
fl0m4158
Fnx 653
kRYSTAL_16
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4101
Liquid`Hasu553
Other Games
summit1g4349
Liquid`RaSZi1914
FrodaN788
B2W.Neo424
C9.Mang0164
ToD164
TKL 98
UpATreeSC81
RotterdaM79
QueenE66
Mew2King26
PPMD18
JuggernautJason14
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV227
BasetradeTV223
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream20
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 38
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2530
League of Legends
• TFBlade819
Other Games
• Shiphtur1322
• imaqtpie863
• WagamamaTV324
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
4h 6m
Patches Events
20h 6m
The PondCast
1d 14h
INu's Battles
1d 15h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.