• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:51
CEST 01:51
KST 08:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8347 users

[Map] Hotkey Training (APM +)

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Leath
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
Canada1724 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-13 19:38:34
May 13 2009 19:34 GMT
#1
So, ArtOf)Protoss( made a map a long time ago which I really like.
Because he made that map specially for a friend from old clan Ft.Act) (if I recall right), I suppose I must be one of the last players holding this pearl.

I tried to improve it, and made my two rough versions of the same, called:
(2) MT HK Train v2.scx:
Lost Temple (with slight modifications)
You pick a race of your choice, and your objective is to eliminate a Computer Zerg.
There is a catch, of course. You will have a worker being chased in the island by a zealot. Keep the worker moving while you fight the Zerg. There are no penalties for losing the worker, but keep track of your best scores (least workers lost).
Available for 1 or 2 players.

(4) Python PP.scx:
Python (with slight modifications)
This map is intended for a 1v1 Protoss vs Protoss, but will support other match ups with some losses in the functionality.
There is a zergling being chased this time, and will only work if you have chosen Protoss as your race.
There is a penalty for losing the zergling: Everytime you lose one, you will also lose some units in the battlefield.
This map is great for practicing with players less skilled than you.
2 players map only.

(1)Hotkey TrainerV4s P2.scx
This is the original map by ArtOf)Protoss(
I am still not sure on the objective. You are supposed to rescue a civilian in an island and drop him somewhere else. There is a zerg opponent, and you have a time limit to complete your mission. There is also a life bar, if you lose 5 workers (including the ones in your main base), you lose the map.

Observations
-All those maps have a lot of room for improvement, and expansions.
-They have helped me a great deal improving my multitask, macro efficiency, and shooting my apm to new heights (normally I have 150 APM, in those map I get to 270).
-I hope you will enjoy them as much as I did =)

http://rapidshare.com/files/232595888/HKTrain.zip.html
http://www.kongregate.com/?referrer=Sagess
fnaticNoname
Profile Joined January 2008
India858 Posts
May 13 2009 19:42 GMT
#2
wow, thanks gonna give it a shot tomorrow first thing in the morning
StarN
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States2587 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-14 16:42:03
May 14 2009 16:40 GMT
#3
These look very helpful for a D+ level Protoss like myself with 120 APM. Thanks a bunch

[edit]-Seems that I can't download it :-/ Perhaps if you could reupload it onto a different website
http://www.2shared.com/ is good
Retired BW Noob
No_eL
Profile Joined July 2007
Chile1438 Posts
May 14 2009 16:46 GMT
#4
i cant download it =( rapidshare sucks
Beat after beat i will become stronger.
Amber[LighT]
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States5078 Posts
May 14 2009 16:56 GMT
#5
You could just upload each map individually to repdepot or the other uploader for maps and just post individual links w/ the map icon. I'm not on my home cpu so i can't check.
"We have unfinished business, I and he."
Chef
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
10810 Posts
May 14 2009 16:58 GMT
#6
This looks cool but the DL limit of 10 means I can't get it Please upload to a better location.
LEGEND!! LEGEND!!
Leath
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
Canada1724 Posts
May 14 2009 18:35 GMT
#7
http://www.2shared.com/file/5778168/4a029144/HKTrain.html

As has been suggested.
Sorry for my lack of knowledge on uploading engines :p
Only knew of RapidShare and YouSendIt.

If anyone has other recommendations for future use, I will take them.
Thanks =)
http://www.kongregate.com/?referrer=Sagess
kOre
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada3642 Posts
September 27 2009 13:17 GMT
#8
My friend was playing some micro training maps and he sad he got them from TL so I searched and found these maps. For the average D player they're actually challenging I think?

I tried the Lost Temple one and managed to kill the Zerg with losing 3 drones (I lost them while I was doing reaver+shuttle control) but I wanted to see how I fared against other people, so if anyone would care to DL these and try them out I'd love to see the results.
http://www.starcraftmecca.net - Founder
Marksman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Malaysia523 Posts
September 27 2009 13:28 GMT
#9
I got the third one for a while already. To me, it doesn't really help much in terms of hotkeys lol even though im simply a D+ at best.

What it does help is to give the foundation of micro while macro, but it really gives a sense of false APM (320 in this compared to my normal 180-200 =.=). However, it does help in terms of stamina training and warming up . Thanks for the upload btw :D
I live by the LoL
dellesh1ruH
Profile Joined August 2009
Denmark509 Posts
October 27 2009 20:52 GMT
#10
i cant download the file

can u upload it on another upload hp?
Pain is temporary, Glory is forever!
Captain Mayhem
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Sweden774 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-28 00:38:36
October 28 2009 00:37 GMT
#11
On October 28 2009 05:52 dellesh1ruH wrote:
i cant download the file

can u upload it on another upload hp?

Why can't you? It works for me.

The download link in the second one is like, down in the bottom. Damn well hidden. But if you're still unable, name another hoster and I'll upload it.
Gravity is just a theory anyway.
hellokitty[hk]
Profile Joined June 2009
United States1309 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-28 01:14:15
October 28 2009 01:14 GMT
#12
(1)Hotkey TrainerV4s P2.scx

I have a different version of that map, simply called 1_T_Hotkey_Trainer.scx and you only get 2 probes before you lose, you must stay under 500 minerals, you have a 15 minute time limit (the CPU starts with sunks and lurkers, and attacks with 6 lings at a 9 pool timing), and no limit to the amount of SCVs you can lose, as far as I know.
People are imbeciles, lucky thing god made cats.
zergisthebest
Profile Joined June 2012
Vietnam21 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-06 08:07:34
June 06 2012 08:03 GMT
#13
How to download those map? I click on the download button but it take me to the upload file. Thanks
Moataz
Profile Joined January 2018
Egypt267 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-04-20 06:03:26
January 11 2018 20:34 GMT
#14
Links dead, instead I modified the Protoss map to fix some bugs & enhance user experience.
download
"All who believe in Allah and the last day, either say good or be silent." Muhammad
Cheesefome
Profile Joined May 2016
320 Posts
January 12 2018 12:47 GMT
#15
Anyone have hot key trainer of any sort that works with current starcraft?
kasprov
Profile Joined February 2011
Chile1 Post
April 20 2018 02:03 GMT
#16
hi, all links are deadth! ...
may you re upload plz u.u
Moataz
Profile Joined January 2018
Egypt267 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-04-20 05:44:23
April 20 2018 05:43 GMT
#17
The modern versions are now here:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/brood-war/530524-multitask-macro-training-fighting-spirit
"All who believe in Allah and the last day, either say good or be silent." Muhammad
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 464
Hyun 140
Dota 2
monkeys_forever485
League of Legends
Doublelift3902
Other Games
summit1g12071
JimRising 468
ViBE265
Livibee189
KnowMe184
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick895
BasetradeTV188
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 145
• Adnapsc2 37
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie976
• Scarra894
• Shiphtur569
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 9m
Patches Events
15h 9m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 9m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 9m
OSC
23h 9m
OSC
1d 12h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.