• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:11
CEST 00:11
KST 07:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)52Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8850 users

Ahzz FPVODs

Forum Index > Brood War Strategy
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 Next All
Ahzz
Profile Joined May 2007
Finland780 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-14 10:25:12
April 30 2009 13:33 GMT
#1
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ahzmer

I had a 3 month break at one point to manage with RL issues first, but I've resumed making these FPVODS.
Basically I make FPVODS of my games, and commentate on them afterwards with monotone emotionless voice. yay.

All my newer games are between B/A- ranks on iccup, and I feel like I've just recently improved considerably as a player. Many of you probably already know of these vods, but I just figured I'd give another shoutout since I just got a bunch of new games up and some really nice ZvP's especially. Hope you guys dont mind.

English is not my first language, so bear with me.

NEW FPVODS (Higher skill level):

PvZ on medusa p1
PvZ on medusa p2
ZvP on medusa p1
ZvP on medusa p2
ZvP on medusa p3
ZvP on colosseum p1
ZvP on colosseum p2
ZvP on colosseum p3
ZvP vs 1 gate p1
ZvP vs 1 gate p2
ZvP vs 1 gate p3
PvZ on medusa 2 p1
PvZ on medusa 2 p2
Mutalisk micro tutorial
ZvT vs Mech 1 p1
ZvT vs Mech 1 p2
ZvT vs Mech 2 p1
ZvT vs Mech 2 p2
ZvT vs Mech 3
ZvP neo sauron p1
ZvP neo sauron p2
PvZ Heartbreak 2 games p1
PvZ Heartbreak 2 games p2
PvZ Heartbreak 2 games p3
PvZ Heartbreak 2 games p4
PvZ Heartbreak 2 games p5
ZvT on python vs M&m pressure p1
ZvT on python vs M&m pressure p2
ZvT on python vs M&m pressure p3
ZvP neo sauron 2 p1
ZvP neo sauron 2 p2
ZvT overextending vs mech p1
ZvT overextending vs mech p2
ZvT on heartbreak ridge vs Flash build p1
ZvT on heartbreak ridge vs Flash build p2

OLD FPVODS:

PvZ Blue storm p1
PvZ Blue storm p2
ZvP tau cross cannon rush
ZvT Andromeda p1
ZvT andromeda p2
ZvT Andromeda p3
PvZ Tau cross p1
PvZ Tau cross p2
ZvT Blue storm p1
ZvT Blue storm p2
ZvT Blue storm p3
ZvT Othello p1
ZvT Othello p2
ZvT Blue storm 2 p1
ZvT Blue storm 2 p2
ZvT Blue storm 2 p3
ZvP Python p1
ZvP Python p2
ZvT Tau cross
ZvT python p1
ZvT python p2
PvZ 2 gate
PvZ Othello p1
PvZ Othello p2
PvZ Hydra pressure p1
PvZ hydra pressure p2
ZvP 5 hat hydra p1
ZvP 5 hat hydra p2
ZvP playing vs proxy
TvZ on python p1
TvZ on python p2
TvZ on python p3
PvT on athena p1
PvT on athena p2

The old ones arent bad either I suppose, but the newer ones should be better in many ways. Also notice that even though many of the names are simply "xvx on 'map' ", the games themselves may cover far more.
Newest updates are ZvP on colosseum and ZvP vs 1 gate tech, which I uploaded 1 hour ago



Any critisism and feedback is welcome.
PvZ 2 games on heartbreak ridge p1
PvZ 2 games on heartbreak ridge p2
PvZ 2 games on heartbreak ridge p3
PvZ 2 games on heartbreak ridge p4
PvZ 2 games on heartbreak ridge p5
Marine50
Profile Joined September 2007
Australia1764 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-30 13:36:14
April 30 2009 13:35 GMT
#2
Amazing! :D

Am planning to watch them all!
IRIS FIGHTING!!!
Too_MuchZerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Finland2818 Posts
April 30 2009 13:42 GMT
#3
Make 1 or 2 vods as finnish and I can add subtitles later on (not super long vods though t_T)
DoX.)
Profile Joined December 2008
Singapore6164 Posts
April 30 2009 13:49 GMT
#4
gj
yann
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
119 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-30 14:06:09
April 30 2009 13:57 GMT
#5
Hi Ahzz,

I watched some of them some time ago... it is a great job !!

The first time I heard it I thought "geeeez, that is a monotonous voice"... loving English (and Second Language Acquisition) myself, however, not being an English native speaker myself, I just didnt think that Eng was not your first language.

Anyway, I have been learning from your VODs!

Wish you good luck!!
My life for Aiur!
Yaqoob
Profile Blog Joined March 2005
Canada3408 Posts
April 30 2009 14:11 GMT
#6
Ahzz is an amazing player and a very good teacher.
김택용 Fighting!
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
April 30 2009 14:29 GMT
#7
Nice. I'll be watching these now that they're nicely organized like this. Which ID did you get A- on?
Moderator
Medix
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Malaysia180 Posts
April 30 2009 14:32 GMT
#8
Nice vods
Salv
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Canada3083 Posts
April 30 2009 14:39 GMT
#9
Good thread Ahzz, much better to organize them like this.

On April 30 2009 23:29 Chill wrote:
Nice. I'll be watching these now that they're nicely organized like this. Which ID did you get A- on?


He has never been to A-. Been close at 8800 and beaten A-'s before, but never actually got the rank. A- is the new B-.
lol jk ahzz
kiendudu
Profile Joined May 2008
Netherlands273 Posts
April 30 2009 15:20 GMT
#10
thank so much, I will watch and give comment later
^^
Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-30 15:27:05
April 30 2009 15:26 GMT
#11
What the shit over 9000 vods!!! Awesome Ahzz, nordic bw players<3

edit: just realized most of them are old fpvods, nevertheless nice
Lim Yo Hwan forever!
shenlong
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
219 Posts
April 30 2009 15:29 GMT
#12
Awesome dude; I'll check it out.
Strayline
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States330 Posts
April 30 2009 15:34 GMT
#13
Glad you are back to doing these again The more vods like this the better IMO.
w3jjjj
Profile Joined April 2007
United States760 Posts
April 30 2009 16:50 GMT
#14
I have a question. I play a macro style against 1 gate with fast lurker and mass drones/expos. It works really well on maps where the third base is not too far away, that I can send slow ovies with hydra protection for an early third. But on python, where the long distances to another gas expo makes it difficult to secure a fast third, I have some trouble. I try to get overlord speed fast and then take 2 expos at once, but it still feels too slow compared to my normal expansion timing. Any suggestions?
Chuck Norris can salvage his opponent's structures.
Ahzz
Profile Joined May 2007
Finland780 Posts
April 30 2009 19:22 GMT
#15
On May 01 2009 01:50 w3jjjj wrote:
I have a question. I play a macro style against 1 gate with fast lurker and mass drones/expos. It works really well on maps where the third base is not too far away, that I can send slow ovies with hydra protection for an early third. But on python, where the long distances to another gas expo makes it difficult to secure a fast third, I have some trouble. I try to get overlord speed fast and then take 2 expos at once, but it still feels too slow compared to my normal expansion timing. Any suggestions?

Yeah, that's kinda tricky. Basically ESPECIALLY on maps with longer distances you need to send ovies already beforehand around the map to key spots/expoes, and use 1-2 hydras to defend them in case he patrols every expo with corsair. Later on once you get speed you dont need such precautions, but getting your third is pretty much about sending your ovies there BEFOREHAND.
w3jjjj
Profile Joined April 2007
United States760 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-30 19:40:36
April 30 2009 19:36 GMT
#16
On May 01 2009 04:22 Ahzz wrote:
Yeah, that's kinda tricky. Basically ESPECIALLY on maps with longer distances you need to send ovies already beforehand around the map to key spots/expoes, and use 1-2 hydras to defend them in case he patrols every expo with corsair. Later on once you get speed you dont need such precautions, but getting your third is pretty much about sending your ovies there BEFOREHAND.


On python it's popular for P to pressure with 3 zeal 1 goon and 1 corsair with the purpose of distracting Z units with zealots and shoot down an overlord, which hurts very much early on. I have no problem defending that at my base, but for this reason I can't send out an ovie early until my ground army is strong enough. Problem is that on python it takes so long for slow ovies to fly to an expo, especially since you have to fly around the nat cliff instead of through it since hydras can't reach the corsair. Unless I send ovies out as soon as my first 2 hydras come out, which is impossible due to P's ground pressure, my third expo is bound to be delayed if I wait for enough units. Is the map impossible for my fast expoing style? And if so, what's a good alternative?

EDIT: I saw that in your VOD you took the third base really late, and instead you made many hydras early to pressure. Is that a better way to play on maps with farther/trickier third base positions in general?
Chuck Norris can salvage his opponent's structures.
PaeZ
Profile Joined April 2005
Mexico1627 Posts
April 30 2009 20:00 GMT
#17
Dude you rock seriously!!
Ahzz
Profile Joined May 2007
Finland780 Posts
April 30 2009 20:13 GMT
#18
the 3 zeal 1 goon pressure is easy to block if you make quick enough hydras. It depends of your style though.

In that game it was fine to have late expo because I was able to delay his expo so much and because I was able to get quite good economy before I needed to expo. Also, I've realized that your 2nd expo doesnt need to be up so quick against 1 base toss even if they're getting their expo up. It's just important that its not too late after he starts his expo. It's different than fighting FE, there are so many more factors to take to account etc.
anderoo
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1876 Posts
April 30 2009 20:39 GMT
#19
Dear Ahzz,
Just out of curiosity, what would you consider your worst matchup?
What would you consider your best matchup?
Ahzz
Profile Joined May 2007
Finland780 Posts
April 30 2009 21:07 GMT
#20
thats quite map dependant. If the map is hard, another MU might be stronger than another. However, if the map is nice, ZvT against infantry is probably my best. Recently I've improved a huge amount in pvz, but I'm still slightly inexperienced so if I screw building placement or map is not good I might play really nooby. I woulda called ZvP my worst, but it also improved a lot lately.

TBH, its very hard for me to say what is my best and worst atm because they all have improved considerably during a short period of time. (I've been taking lessons)
1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 49m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 106
SpeCial 91
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12311
Artosis 235
Bale 12
League of Legends
Doublelift3308
JimRising 473
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox292
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4744
Khaldor1103
Liquid`Hasu737
Other Games
summit1g7197
shahzam505
FrodaN139
ArmadaUGS108
NeuroSwarm72
Mew2King61
JuggernautJason52
ViBE43
PPMD11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV222
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream58
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 36
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 23
• blackmanpl 16
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie868
• Scarra358
• Shiphtur203
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 49m
Stellar Fest
14h 49m
OSC
23h 49m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 11h
Online Event
1d 12h
FEL
1d 17h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 18h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 20h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.