• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:35
CEST 19:35
KST 02:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)59Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7528 users

Ahzz FPVODs - Page 9

Forum Index > Brood War Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 Next All
7mk
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Germany10157 Posts
November 01 2009 12:02 GMT
#161
sweet, gonna watch them now
beep boop
7mk
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Germany10157 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-11-01 14:51:37
November 01 2009 14:47 GMT
#162
good VODs, ZvT was particularly interesting, although maybe you should have talked more about what exactly you should have done differently - drop from a different position? not drop at all? just wait longer for him to push out? Also I wonder how could you have known he had such good defenses there? If you just fly an overlord over there you get information but so does he.

beep boop
Ahzz
Profile Joined May 2007
Finland780 Posts
November 01 2009 14:58 GMT
#163
yeah I realized the lack of explaining what I did wrong on that video, the game turned around too fast and I didn't have enough time to talk about though I should have arranged it somehow, hence why I'll pay more attention to answer any questions concerning the game over here and on youtube.

Yeah, I was a bit too quick to act with the drop really, and probably waited until I can afford a bigger drop anyway. The mistake was that he could return back before I can do any real damage. This was because 1. the drop was too small and 2. yea he could return. I didn't want to turn the game into a 'destroy your opponent faster than he kills you' type of a game though, so I was too hasty with the drop. If I had hid the drop better then it would have been a different deal. Also, seeing those vultures and those turrets, it was pretty obvious that he expected a drop, in which case I might not want to drop at all until I've maybe cleared the area of some turrets and mines etc by running in with 2 groups of mutas and running away or something, giving me a better chance for it. I probably coulda figured his defenses out with mutas too, and mutas dont necessarily give out the fact that I am dropping.
Ingenol
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States1328 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-11-01 17:34:36
November 01 2009 17:32 GMT
#164
Edit: nevermind, you clear it up later.
anderoo
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1876 Posts
November 01 2009 18:40 GMT
#165
the terran's idea of pretending to move out and suckering you into the drop was actually pretty sick, what a clever guy
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
November 11 2009 11:40 GMT
#166
I've watched a couple of your VODs before, but I didn't realize they were so in-depth and explanatory until now. Basically what this guy said in a post on one of the PvZ VODs:
Ahzz, thank you for your videos, you have a very great, straightforward, easy to follow casting style. You build up your strategy like someone proving a math theorem, every step moves forward logically toward an intended result.

Thank you!
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
knightpraetor
Profile Joined October 2008
United States180 Posts
December 03 2009 07:38 GMT
#167
is it ever worthwhile to save 3 larva, pretending to get lings against a protoss FE and then getting all drones? or will protoss just cancel cannons? Also, i often see pro zergs open 9 overpool and then when the protoss goes forge cannon expo or forge expo cannon, then they opt for just 2 lings while droning. do 2 drones at that point make a bigger impact than the protoss skipping a cannon? because with only 2 lings they don't really need to add anything until they see more lings.

Sorry for the dumb questions, but i don't know the answers, i always just get 8 lings, 6 to go see if i can get up the ramp or kill probes if he blocks while skipping on cannons while 2 lings chase the probe in my base because at D+ level protoss can't micro probes in nat and keep their scouting probe alive
Ahzz
Profile Joined May 2007
Finland780 Posts
December 03 2009 13:27 GMT
#168
On December 03 2009 16:38 knightpraetor wrote:
is it ever worthwhile to save 3 larva, pretending to get lings against a protoss FE and then getting all drones? or will protoss just cancel cannons? Also, i often see pro zergs open 9 overpool and then when the protoss goes forge cannon expo or forge expo cannon, then they opt for just 2 lings while droning. do 2 drones at that point make a bigger impact than the protoss skipping a cannon? because with only 2 lings they don't really need to add anything until they see more lings.

Sorry for the dumb questions, but i don't know the answers, i always just get 8 lings, 6 to go see if i can get up the ramp or kill probes if he blocks while skipping on cannons while 2 lings chase the probe in my base because at D+ level protoss can't micro probes in nat and keep their scouting probe alive

yes it's possible to do this, however you want to have at least 2 lings asap. After a while you want to make a couple more to scout him and see his choke etc so that you're not caught off guard and so that you can make it harder for him to scout again.

so yes, you can do it, but after a couple of drones you'll probably want to make a couple more.
foppa
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Canada451 Posts
December 03 2009 21:07 GMT
#169
On December 03 2009 22:27 Ahzz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 03 2009 16:38 knightpraetor wrote:
is it ever worthwhile to save 3 larva, pretending to get lings against a protoss FE and then getting all drones? or will protoss just cancel cannons? Also, i often see pro zergs open 9 overpool and then when the protoss goes forge cannon expo or forge expo cannon, then they opt for just 2 lings while droning. do 2 drones at that point make a bigger impact than the protoss skipping a cannon? because with only 2 lings they don't really need to add anything until they see more lings.

Sorry for the dumb questions, but i don't know the answers, i always just get 8 lings, 6 to go see if i can get up the ramp or kill probes if he blocks while skipping on cannons while 2 lings chase the probe in my base because at D+ level protoss can't micro probes in nat and keep their scouting probe alive

yes it's possible to do this, however you want to have at least 2 lings asap. After a while you want to make a couple more to scout him and see his choke etc so that you're not caught off guard and so that you can make it harder for him to scout again.

so yes, you can do it, but after a couple of drones you'll probably want to make a couple more.


if you are doing that make sure your opponent is not going 1 gate tech or 2 tech blindly. also 9 overpool, i have no idea how you are planning to get your natural hatchery up ever if you are not making lings
i can take you
SuperKiller
Profile Joined December 2004
United States97 Posts
December 04 2009 09:13 GMT
#170
ahzz ol buddy ol pal, long time no see!

are you still playing? ever considered livestreaming?
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
December 06 2009 02:09 GMT
#171
Hey Ahzz man so I found all these vods a couple days ago and you really know what your talking about. In just the few video's I have seen I have already improved my problems that were causing me to lose against players I shouldn't have been losing to in the first place. Thanks a bunch for uploading your video's and taking time to explain everything in great detail.

Hope to see more zvt/zvp vods
When I think of something else, something will go here
Re-Play-
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Dominican Republic825 Posts
December 06 2009 02:14 GMT
#172
but what about making new FPVODS?? those u have there are old man
dont get me wrong they are great but we need new stuff!
P1: Best rank? P2:1st time iccup, P1:really? P1 looks at the account of P2 WOW B+ last season ^^
Neivler
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Norway911 Posts
December 06 2009 12:32 GMT
#173
On December 06 2009 11:14 Re-Play- wrote:
but what about making new FPVODS?? those u have there are old man
dont get me wrong they are great but we need new stuff!


New stuff ftw!!!
I pwn noobs
Espers
Profile Joined August 2009
United Kingdom606 Posts
December 06 2009 12:34 GMT
#174
I remember him saying he was working on a second Zerg guide but that was a while ago
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
December 07 2009 02:11 GMT
#175
I would be a happy camper if he was thanks to this guy I fixed alot of my problems against C- players and hit C now. Thanks to this guy's video's I improved a shitload in both zvt and zvp I sure hope he puts more video's on ^^.
When I think of something else, something will go here
Ahzz
Profile Joined May 2007
Finland780 Posts
January 14 2010 10:29 GMT
#176
uploaded a new ZvT video vs Flash build on heartbreak ridge.
I had a pretty big break when I didn't play much, and now that I look at the videos I maybe could've commentated on before I realize how badly I played so I'll have to record more games before I can post more. I feel like my PvZ has improved quite a bit as well. I'll try to get more of them out soon..

I'll also probably try and analyze some progames as well.
DoX.)
Profile Joined December 2008
Singapore6164 Posts
January 14 2010 11:51 GMT
#177
hehheh always enjoyed your vods. keep'em coming!
IronWolf
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
South Africa315 Posts
January 14 2010 12:26 GMT
#178
Is there a torrent or http download of these lying around somewhere? Would like to view offline and pass along to my mates.
Neivler
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Norway911 Posts
January 14 2010 12:29 GMT
#179
Awesome, now I have something to watch when I get home!

On January 14 2010 21:26 inforsomechop wrote:
Is there a torrent or http download of these lying around somewhere? Would like to view offline and pass along to my mates.


Use youtube downloader. google it;)
I pwn noobs
IceCube
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Croatia1403 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-14 13:23:33
January 14 2010 13:10 GMT
#180
Great stuff! Hope he keep doing VODs! Was wondering for the longest time how to play agains Flash build terran, and this is my answer. <3

edit: Doh, thought it was agains new Flash bio build, my bad. Would love to see how to deal with that actually, coz sometimes I win and sometimes I fail.
Forever Vulture.. :(
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1111
ComeBackTV 845
SteadfastSC829
TaKeTV 579
IndyStarCraft 227
Rex129
EnkiAlexander 74
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 829
IndyStarCraft 227
ProTech135
Rex 129
BRAT_OK 55
UpATreeSC 53
MindelVK 24
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 39609
Shuttle 806
Mini 389
Larva 332
Rush 308
Dewaltoss 116
Hyuk 113
firebathero 83
Mong 71
Trap 43
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 31
Bale 25
Rock 21
Shine 17
Sacsri 13
Terrorterran 7
Dota 2
Gorgc10030
qojqva1654
Counter-Strike
fl0m1460
Fnx 770
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1379
Khaldor1279
Other Games
FrodaN1515
Beastyqt418
XBOCT238
DeMusliM237
Mlord214
ArmadaUGS207
KnowMe129
C9.Mang0120
XaKoH 94
QueenE86
Mew2King74
CosmosSc2 10
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV238
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream67
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH314
• StrangeGG 42
• Hinosc 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Migwel
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• Michael_bg 6
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis4017
Other Games
• imaqtpie577
• Shiphtur340
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 25m
CranKy Ducklings
16h 25m
Online Event
17h 25m
FEL
22h 25m
AI Arena Tournament
23h 25m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 1h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 16h
INu's Battles
1d 18h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.