• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:21
CEST 16:21
KST 23:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8136 users

Shinhan OSL RO16-2 Interviews

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
[BOyGiRl]ShaRp
Profile Joined July 2004
Korea (S)1912 Posts
September 29 2006 03:56 GMT
#1
Hello everyone : )


Anytime's interview

Q: Your first RO16 match results in a win

A: I'm glad I can spend Choosuk comfortably. If I lost today, I probably would have had to spend Choosuk practicing. Tosky[S.G] lost so our team's mood was low but I'm relieved that I won. Yes, relieved is the right word.

Q: Your opponent was GGplay, who is a monster these days

A: I was startled because GGplay prepared a unique build. I wasn't caught by surprise when he took two expos at once. Practicing with July before the game was very helpful. I knew I wasn't going to loose, so I wasn't nervous.

Q: When did you know you had the win.

A: After I cleared the 11 expo for the third time, I knew I was going to win. I knew then that my opponent wouldn't have the ability to gather the right units. Delaying ultralisk timing was also a good factor.

Q: Your next map is Alkanoid.

A: Alkanoid is the type of map GGplay likes. But if I put pressure on him, I might win. I'm planning to prepare a unique build and achieve win #2.

Q: As the last Protoss player of RO16, your win gives the Protoss players 100% winning percentage.

A: I didn't care about the fact the all the other protosses won. I only thought about my opponent GGplay. Even after I beat GGplay, harder opponents such as GoRush, Midas, Jju, and Sea. Right now, I'm only thinking about GGplay.

Q: It seems like a lot of players helped you during practice.

A: My team's three zergs helped me a lot. SHinhwa[name], Tosky[S.G], and Lee Je Dong. Also Park Myung Soo of OGN, Zergman of Samsung, and July of MBC helped alot.


Sea's Interview

Q: You won at your first RO16 match.

A: I lost every time I played these days so people stopped talking about me in the internet. I wanted to win. I wanted to regain the attention.

Q: Aren't you really close with GoRush?

A: Yea, we became close during training. In the selection round, I didn't want to pick a weak opponent and disappoint my fans so I picked GoRush who has a history of winning. I think it was a mistake. (Smiles)

Q: You were damaged considerably by early mutalisks

A: I thought he would have a secret hatchery, and when I scanned I saw only a hydralisk den so I thought he was going hydra-lurkers. Right then, mutas started attacking and I was shocked and froze. I experienced this during practice, but I was caught by surprise.

Q: You prepared "SK Terran" strat.

A: The reason why I used "SK Terran" is because on the internet I saw a thread where this guy said I had slow hand speed. I wanted to prove him wrong and that's why I used this strat. I'm disappointed I couldn't show a perfect game. Next time I will show what perfect control is.

Q: You practice with "magicians"

A: Yea I practiced with two magicians of the game, Saint[z-zone] and SHark[gm]. July helped me a lot as well.

Q: What are your plans for Choosuk.

A: I live in Seoul so its good that I don't have to traven for CHoosuk. I'm planning to practice at home. I want to meet my friends, but advancing is first priority. I want to go down to GwangJu and play there. I hope all SC fans spend a happy Choosuk.


Iris's Interview.

Q: You won rather easily.

A: I thought I was supposed to play on Shin Baekdu Daegan. That's what I remember from the selecting round, and that's the map I practiced. Yesterday, An Sang Won of OGN asked why I was playing on this map, and that's when I found out. I won because of him.

Q: Your opponent used a bionic strat.

A: After I knew I was playing on Alkanoid, I tried using bionic units. I even reccomended it to Cloud. But every time I tried, I failed. I think I won easily because my opponent used bionic strat.

Q: Your goliath drop was very damaging.

A: I thought my opponent was faking the bionic strat and actually going for 3 CC. I intended my goliath drop to be a scouting mission, but it ended up being the key to victory. I knew I had won the game that moment.

Q: You weren't selected in the selecting round.

A: It's either because I am feared, or because they don't care about me. I think it's because I am feared. I'm a "strong terran" (smiles)

Q: Your next map is SHin Baekdu Degan

A: I already practiced a lot on that map. I'm full of confidence. I'm sure I'm going to go to RO8.

Q: Your especially strong versus Terran.

A: I always try to incorporate Xellos's style when playing versus Terran. His solidness and my attacking skills provide good results. I will work hard to show a more better Iris.

Q: Your latest stats are 7w 3l versus Terran, and all those losses are against ioi[alive].

A: I played with ioi 7 times this year in OSL, WCG, and Proleague. I won three times, and he won four. I'm still confident versus Terran.


Midas's Interview


Q: How do you feel about your first win.

A: Of course I feel good. I wanted vertical starting positions, and that's what I got so I was really glad.

Q: You attempted bunker rush.

A: Arcardia has long rush lenghts, so I just planned to give considerable damage. I prepared this before the game, but the fan letter said "please do bunkering" so I was kind of surprised and worried my opponent might prepare against this.

Q: After you picked a Zerg opponent, your first match was decided to be at Arcardia.

A: I was really disappointed because for TvsZ Arcardia is the hardest map. But I knew I would win if I was lucky enough. Terran has 8 rax and double CC, right?

Q: How do you feel about your current pace.

A: I think my pace has gone down after loosing two straight games versus Zerg. Practicing is the only answer. I want to achieve greater things. I'm known to practice very much, but that's not true. What my coach said in "Real Story" is probably just because he likes me.

Q: How did you practice.

A: KT.MGW)HyuK and tea[Name] helped a lot. Despite the fact I was going to play a Samsung player, Hyuk still helped and I'm very grateful (APparently Hyuk is in Samsung). Also, kwanro[sam] of CJ and doksa[S.G] of MBC helped like it was their match.

Q: Your currently 4wins in a row this season.

A: My goal is to win every match and become the champion. I'm going to win the next match and advance. With this win, I'm going to be able to spend a relaxed Choosuk. I hope all my fans who cheered for me also enjoy a happy Choosuk.


Hexatron Bba!!
CTStalker
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Canada9720 Posts
September 29 2006 04:03 GMT
#2
nice, thanks. go anytime
By the way, my name is Funk. I am not of your world
Wasabi
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States3085 Posts
September 29 2006 04:03 GMT
#3
--- Nuked ---
logitech
Profile Joined December 2004
Canada230 Posts
September 29 2006 04:20 GMT
#4
great read, thanks alot
iOi
Profile Joined August 2004
Canada1255 Posts
September 29 2006 04:27 GMT
#5
Thanks again
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
September 29 2006 04:34 GMT
#6
haha sea really did SK build to show up one random internet guy?

ok i think sea sucks and can't pull off a scv+marine rush 10 minutes into the game
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
Wasabi
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States3085 Posts
September 29 2006 04:53 GMT
#7
--- Nuked ---
Polemarch
Profile Joined August 2005
Canada1564 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-09-29 05:12:02
September 29 2006 05:09 GMT
#8
awesome, thanks for the translations!

man sea is crazy, haha, so driven by what people post on the internet about him. i guess that's showing his age.

i'm kinda surprised anytime publically said he'd make a unique build on arkanoid, but i guess there's nothing standard on that map yet so he's not really giving away too much.

btw, i think most people here call park myung soo of OGN "yellow[name]"... or whatever his new clan tag is, in case you're afraid we'd get him confused with hong jin ho.
I BELIEVE IN CAPITAL LETTER PUNISHMENT!!!!!
SCNewb
Profile Joined June 2006
Canada2210 Posts
September 29 2006 05:23 GMT
#9
thanks for providing the interviews [BOyGiRl]ShaRp
appreciate it

Go Midas!.............haha he said he didn't actually practice a lot and that his coach just liked him........lol
Huge iloveOov fan
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
September 29 2006 05:34 GMT
#10
Sea is awesome
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
jkillashark
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States5262 Posts
September 29 2006 05:40 GMT
#11
Wow fast translation, thanks MaleFemale Sharp!
Do your best, God will do the rest.
Last Romantic
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States20667 Posts
September 29 2006 05:58 GMT
#12
Fake YellOw goes by YellOw[ArnC] now.

He plays Nal_rA next. Hope he loses ^~

I also hope rA wins.

Nice translations ^^
ㅋㄲㅈㅁ
tKd_
Profile Joined February 2005
United States2916 Posts
September 29 2006 07:41 GMT
#13
thats interesting, because all the pro's hang out in arnc channel now whereas they used to be in nameclan, including july a few times and savior[gm] and nal_ra. i saw them all
alffla
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Hong Kong20321 Posts
September 29 2006 07:44 GMT
#14
lol hyuk is in smsung??? lol taking hints from his brother i guess... wtf traitor!! XD
Graphicssavior[gm] : What is a “yawn” rape ;; Masumune - It was the year of the pig for those fucking defilers. Chill - A clinic you say? okum: SC without Korean yelling is like porn without sex. konamix: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY!
~chut~
Profile Joined September 2003
France1317 Posts
September 29 2006 08:20 GMT
#15
July helps too much other players to practice tvz or pvz, he forgot he had to play zvz against Zergman
Aepplet
Profile Joined December 2003
Sweden2908 Posts
September 29 2006 09:13 GMT
#16
hahaha, iris is such a dumbass practicing the wrong map...
pdk001
Profile Joined January 2003
Korea (South)922 Posts
September 29 2006 09:24 GMT
#17
thank you for the translations
Learning english is as difficult as becoming a progamer in korea
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
September 29 2006 09:26 GMT
#18
what's choosuk?

korean holidays?

Anyways go Any, Midas and lovely of Shark and July for helping :D
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
Xeofreestyler
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
Belgium6786 Posts
September 29 2006 09:26 GMT
#19
I lol'd @ iris
Graphics
[BOyGiRl]ShaRp
Profile Joined July 2004
Korea (S)1912 Posts
September 29 2006 13:00 GMT
#20
Choosuk is like Korean Thanksgiving
Hexatron Bba!!
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 40m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech144
Codebar 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 2262
EffOrt 1064
Soma 752
Mini 743
ggaemo 380
Horang2 371
Light 358
Rush 339
BeSt 308
Stork 292
[ Show more ]
Larva 267
Snow 234
hero 174
Barracks 155
Killer 134
firebathero 114
Zeus 109
JYJ 89
Sea.KH 76
Mong 58
Sharp 47
ToSsGirL 39
Shinee 36
Aegong 36
Sexy 34
Bale 25
zelot 24
sorry 19
Rock 13
Sacsri 12
Terrorterran 11
Shine 10
Icarus 9
JulyZerg 8
actioN 1
Dota 2
Gorgc7056
qojqva1550
Dendi778
XaKoH 463
420jenkins27
Counter-Strike
Fnx 629
kRYSTAL_535
edward26
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5088
Khaldor309
Other Games
gofns46614
singsing1720
olofmeister1347
B2W.Neo869
byalli559
Lowko397
DeMusliM185
mouzStarbuck170
Liquid`VortiX158
Livibee144
ArmadaUGS107
OGKoka 88
KnowMe69
Chillindude23
amsayoshi17
Railgan11
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV288
BasetradeTV190
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream176
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 71
• mYiSmile110
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 27
• FirePhoenix4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV334
League of Legends
• Nemesis2060
• Jankos1840
• TFBlade501
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
9h 40m
Kung Fu Cup
20h 40m
The PondCast
1d 19h
OSC
1d 22h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.