• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:19
CEST 00:19
KST 07:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7569 users

Departing Quantic, how I was mistreated in it.

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 21 22 23 Next All
MaSsan
Profile Joined June 2009
United States143 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-06 09:13:24
October 03 2013 21:18 GMT
#1
To supporters of this thread: Thank you so much for supporting me handling this situation, and thanks to your help, here it is.

I'm in a process of getting original ticket cost fully refunded from Simon himself, and I'm thankful that he made the decision right away. Due to technical difficulties, process will be finished before 10/4/2013. In detail, the payment will be made in total of two transactions, one with $999 which already happened as of 10/3/2013, and rest tomorrow.

Edit: As of Oct 6, 2013, 01:12:58 PDT, last payment is received and Simon has fully refunded the ticket which was problematic. For the last time, thank you so much. I wouldn't have received a cent without support from the crowd.




Following is a joint release from myself, Simon, and Quantic on behalf of this incident:


As some may already be aware, an unfortunate miscommunication involving the departure of Harry “MaSsan” Cheong resulted in a misunderstanding. Since the incident occurred, we have been in constant contact with MaSsan. We are currently in the process of resolving the financial aspects of this matter to ensure that all parties involved are taken care of properly. We have always put an emphasis on taking care of our players, especially in the event of a misunderstanding. We have enjoyed having MaSsan as part of Quantic Gaming, and wish him the very best in his future endeavors.

Quantic's Simon Boudreault, said "MaSsan and I have been friends for a long time; he even lived with me for a number of months. Obviously, I wish cooler heads had prevailed, but I am making sure the situation is being fully resolved. Because of our friendship, I harbor no ill feelings toward MaSsan. I am not perfect, and when friends get upset with one another, things can become emotional. I’m sorry that I allowed that to happen".

MaSan said “I’m very sorry to Simon’s family to be even mentioned in this matter. I’m very thankful for my stay, and I do not mean any harm to them or Quantic over this. In fact, I do want them to thrive in their paths. I really appreciate my supporters on this incident, and I hope you continue supporting Quantic and myself. I really enjoyed being in Quantic, and wish that amazing players like HwangSin and Hyun will continue their success along with Quantic.”

Professionalism is important to Quantic and we realize the handling of this matter was less than professional. We want to re-affirm our commitment to the community that we will make every effort possible to act professionally in the future. We express our sincerest apologies for what has unfortunately occurred.


@MaSsanSC
oberkapo
Profile Joined July 2012
United States41 Posts
October 03 2013 21:26 GMT
#2
Well... pretty damning evidence here. Your honesty about the situation is admirable. I hope you can find a new team, Massan.
hellokittySC2
Profile Joined September 2009
United States395 Posts
October 03 2013 21:27 GMT
#3
i dont understand this, quantic, how are you trying to survive when shit like this happens?
twitter.com/hellokittyhots facebook.com/hellokittysc2 hellokitty.278, http://twitch.tv/noobeater5 为中国人在星际上争气!
las91
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States5080 Posts
October 03 2013 21:27 GMT
#4
Well at least it's drama about an organization that I haven't worked for in the past.

This is really questionable stuff from Quantic organization if it's true and I certainly hope ramifications to fix the situation will be made, but there's virtually no culpability in the industry.

Good luck Massan and I hope you succeed in your future endeavors (and get to where you need to go in the immediate future without taking too big of a financial hit).
In Inca we trust
shinyA
Profile Joined November 2008
United States473 Posts
October 03 2013 21:28 GMT
#5
I thought he was letting you live with him free of charge out of niceness, doesn't seem like he would try to steal from you after giving you so much
twitch.tv/ggshinya
ReachTheSky
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3294 Posts
October 03 2013 21:28 GMT
#6
wow. Screw quantic.
TL+ Member
Moa
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States790 Posts
October 03 2013 21:28 GMT
#7
I like how in the skype conversation he says he never got the email. Its such an obvious bullshit response.
^O^
MaSsan
Profile Joined June 2009
United States143 Posts
October 03 2013 21:29 GMT
#8
On October 04 2013 06:28 shinyA wrote:
I thought he was letting you live with him free of charge out of niceness, doesn't seem like he would try to steal from you after giving you so much

HaHa. I'd like to read skype first before you say that...
@MaSsanSC
Ctone23
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States1841 Posts
October 03 2013 21:29 GMT
#9
A mans word is all he has at times.... you told them you wouldn't say anything yet you did.

Hey it's your life, but trust is uncommon these days so I don't know why you chose to break that.

Good luck in everything you do.
TL+ Member
shinyA
Profile Joined November 2008
United States473 Posts
October 03 2013 21:30 GMT
#10
On October 04 2013 06:29 1MaSsan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 04 2013 06:28 shinyA wrote:
I thought he was letting you live with him free of charge out of niceness, doesn't seem like he would try to steal from you after giving you so much

HaHa. I'd like to read skype first before you say that...

I didn't read skype notes yet, in game. Will after ^_^
twitch.tv/ggshinya
Aeromi
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
France14463 Posts
October 03 2013 21:30 GMT
#11
That's sad, I hope you will find a decent team. :/
https://twitter.com/DrAeromi | Updates on live tournaments: @StarCrafteSport
oberkapo
Profile Joined July 2012
United States41 Posts
October 03 2013 21:30 GMT
#12
I'm curious as to what he meant when he said that Hwangsin and Apoc suffered from you being at the house.
Rickyvalle21
Profile Joined July 2012
United States320 Posts
October 03 2013 21:30 GMT
#13
This evidence is irrefutable. I expect and immediate response from Simon Boudreault or something will down.
people say practice is perfect but if nothing is perfect whats the point in practicing?
Achilles.Sc2
Profile Blog Joined September 2013
Germany11 Posts
October 03 2013 21:30 GMT
#14
sucks when something like this happens to such wonderful personalities... i feel really sorry for you...
reikai
Profile Joined January 2011
United States359 Posts
October 03 2013 21:31 GMT
#15
GL to you, Massan. I think TL will be behind you~
Et Ducit Mundum Per Luce. :T:
MaSsan
Profile Joined June 2009
United States143 Posts
October 03 2013 21:31 GMT
#16
On October 04 2013 06:29 Ctone23 wrote:
A mans word is all he has at times.... you told them you wouldn't say anything yet you did.

Hey it's your life, but trust is uncommon these days so I don't know why you chose to break that.

Good luck in everything you do.


I didn't know he was going to frame me .
@MaSsanSC
Strat4lyfe
Profile Joined October 2010
Singapore133 Posts
October 03 2013 21:31 GMT
#17
wow... holy shit~~~
MVP_MarineKing IM_Mvp Acer_MMA
InfCereal
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada1759 Posts
October 03 2013 21:34 GMT
#18
Jesus.

I'm regretting buying the Quantic sweater now. I was kind of dubious, but that skype log...
Cereal
warshop
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada490 Posts
October 03 2013 21:34 GMT
#19
This seems to have gotten out of hand over something that should have been trivial. A shame, gl.
MaSsan
Profile Joined June 2009
United States143 Posts
October 03 2013 21:35 GMT
#20
On October 04 2013 06:30 oberkapo wrote:
I'm curious as to what he meant when he said that Hwangsin and Apoc suffered from you being at the house.


Upon that: I have given information I was fed by Simon and Wolf(quantic's sales management at the time) to Hwangsin and APoc about how things are being held together, and it wasn't all double rainbow. Simon is telling others that I have been making lies up about how awful organization is to others, to cover what I said in past. Unfortunately, I didn't lie to my teammates. However, I'd like to keep that part of conversation away, since it has confidential information like player salary, spending of the organization, which is what we shouldn't be focusing on. I don't want to hurt the teammates that I left behind.
@MaSsanSC
1 2 3 4 5 21 22 23 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 120
JuggernautJason86
ViBE53
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 572
Artosis 214
firebathero 77
Zeus 66
910 31
Dota 2
monkeys_forever488
League of Legends
JimRising 464
Counter-Strike
minikerr9
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS107
PPMD45
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5720
Liquid`Hasu1476
Other Games
summit1g7246
shahzam547
byalli398
C9.Mang0194
Trikslyr43
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV250
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream154
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 94
• Adnapsc2 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki37
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h 41m
Kung Fu Cup
12h 41m
Stellar Fest
14h 41m
The PondCast
1d 11h
OSC
1d 14h
Stellar Fest
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.