• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:05
CEST 01:05
KST 08:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8534 users

Departing Quantic, how I was mistreated in it. - Page 22

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 Next All
seoul_kiM
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States545 Posts
October 04 2013 22:08 GMT
#421
On October 05 2013 06:57 1MaSsan wrote:
OP is updated along with dates. Thank you again for your support in this! I'll update it again when every transaction is complete.

on side note, I'd like to keep this between Simon and me, not Quantic and me. Quantic organization, despite being owned by Simon, had nothing to do with it, and no representatives to viewers were involved in this, whether they were informed or not.

I still love Hyun and other players in Quantic, and I'd like them to be not affected by this until they're ready to leave the organization by their own choice, if that ever occurs. Please continue support to your favorite players.


I'm not trying to offend you, but you should stop typing on this issue. You should let Quantic deal with this.
oGs.MC: Repair IMBAAAAAAAAAAa
Lumi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1616 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-04 22:25:44
October 04 2013 22:10 GMT
#422
aaaand we're back to deleting the OP and pretending that everything is fine and that simon isn't morbidly, stupidly unprofessional. like there is nothing amiss and if massan is given h is money, all is harmonious and professional and wonderful again. i love how the official statement still fails to acknowledge anything in the chat log, which is simultaneously removed once again. sweepingly invalidating any of it without referencing it directly, by saying that there was simply "a misunderstanding". At first I was going to say that was generous, but it seems closer to being outright dishonest about what actually took place.. Simon gets to hide as best he can from his own community while massan gets the money owed. if simon was really wanted to make things right or be a professional, he could have simply done that - nobody make any mistakes about this - this person did not and still does not give a shit about one of his players - he just needed to throw some money at taking away the bad publicity (which is to say, publicity, of his badness)

the next massan is going to have a blast
twitter.com/lumigaming - DongRaeGu is the One True Dong - /r/onetruedong
BlueFlames
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany1756 Posts
October 05 2013 01:03 GMT
#423
I hope other quantic players dont have to deal with so much shit ...
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
October 05 2013 01:52 GMT
#424
I didn't see the pre-edit OP and as far as I can see nobody quoted the entire thing. Could somebody PM me a little summary? It can be very basic. I can't seem to pick up what went on from the context... Thanks and cheers.
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
isaachukfan
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Canada785 Posts
October 05 2013 01:54 GMT
#425
On October 05 2013 10:52 Djzapz wrote:
I didn't see the pre-edit OP and as far as I can see nobody quoted the entire thing. Could somebody PM me a little summary? It can be very basic. I can't seem to pick up what went on from the context... Thanks and cheers.


Dodgin nicely posted a copy a few pages back.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=431056&currentpage=10#194
I'm a mennonite, yes I'm allowed to use a computer
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-05 02:10:23
October 05 2013 01:58 GMT
#426
On October 05 2013 10:54 isaachukfan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 05 2013 10:52 Djzapz wrote:
I didn't see the pre-edit OP and as far as I can see nobody quoted the entire thing. Could somebody PM me a little summary? It can be very basic. I can't seem to pick up what went on from the context... Thanks and cheers.


Dodgin nicely posted a copy a few pages back.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=431056&currentpage=10#194

Thank you!
Edit: And that is pretty ****ed up. Don't trust guys who do business using their dad's credit card I guess?

Also I like that Quantic wrote a little PR paragraph for MaSsan. I'm no expert in linguistics but I'm not insane or stupid
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
Zealotdriver
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States1557 Posts
October 05 2013 02:03 GMT
#427
On October 05 2013 10:54 isaachukfan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 05 2013 10:52 Djzapz wrote:
I didn't see the pre-edit OP and as far as I can see nobody quoted the entire thing. Could somebody PM me a little summary? It can be very basic. I can't seem to pick up what went on from the context... Thanks and cheers.


Dodgin nicely posted a copy a few pages back.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=431056&currentpage=10#194

Thank you.

RIP Quantic Gaming.
Turn off the radio
theMagus
Profile Joined February 2013
578 Posts
October 05 2013 02:07 GMT
#428
this whole thing is just nasty. that owner is one huge douchebag :/

"Give away the stone. Let the oceans take and transmutate this cold and fated anchor. Let the waters kiss and transmutate these leaden grudges into gold. Let go."
Frogstomp
Profile Joined January 2013
United States125 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-05 02:22:10
October 05 2013 02:21 GMT
#429
Reimbursing MaSsan was definitely the right first step, but honestly I don't know how Quantic salvages this situation. Obviously MaSsan didn't want this to hurt Quantic as an organization because of his respect/friendship with other players...but seeing as the dispute is with the owner of Quantic, it's kind of hard to separate one from the other. Especially when the owner's been exposed to be such a huge, unprofessional douche.

As a sponsor, would you want to sponsor them in the future? As a player, would you ever consider joining this team?

Not that I blame MaSsan in the slightest; this has done irreparable harm to Quantic in my eyes, and the owner has only himself to blame.
Goldfish
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
2230 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-05 03:09:58
October 05 2013 02:36 GMT
#430
On October 05 2013 04:18 ROOTFayth wrote:
if they're willing to fix things then all the better for them


I agree.

Although most people will say it's typical PR to what is written in the OP now, it could still be sincere too.

If so, I'll gladly accept it and see how things goes with the team in the future.

Edit - What happened (and also the exchange too) is kind of inexcusable. However there's still a possibility of a lesson being learned here. Of course it can also be argued if the owner of the team did something like that, what's the chance of them doing it again or something similar really? In that case, would be a good idea to just let the owner get a pass?

All good questions. If Quantic is no more, would this give a chance to other or newer teams? Plus, sponsors can feel better knowing that the teams they sponsor don't have this history with issues with players and drama or something.

I guess practical speaking, it's probably not best to give it a pass (even if PR statement apology ended up being sincere, it's just too bad that it happened in the first place).
https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsServerFeedback/feedback/details/741495/biggest-explorer-annoyance-automatic-sorting-windows-7-server-2008-r2-and-vista#details Allow Disable Auto Arrange in Windows 7+
Mortal
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
2943 Posts
October 05 2013 02:46 GMT
#431
thanks dodgin for posting the whole thing. now i can have some context
The universe created an audience for itself.
Madder
Profile Joined February 2010
Australia427 Posts
October 05 2013 02:55 GMT
#432
On October 05 2013 07:08 seoul_kiM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 05 2013 06:57 1MaSsan wrote:
OP is updated along with dates. Thank you again for your support in this! I'll update it again when every transaction is complete.

on side note, I'd like to keep this between Simon and me, not Quantic and me. Quantic organization, despite being owned by Simon, had nothing to do with it, and no representatives to viewers were involved in this, whether they were informed or not.

I still love Hyun and other players in Quantic, and I'd like them to be not affected by this until they're ready to leave the organization by their own choice, if that ever occurs. Please continue support to your favorite players.


I'm not trying to offend you, but you should stop typing on this issue. You should let Quantic deal with this.

Doesn't sound like he's overstepping or being outrageous about it. And considering he was the one wronged, I don't see a problem with it

Weird thing to say.
stuzH
Profile Joined September 2011
United States56 Posts
October 05 2013 04:29 GMT
#433
Quantic dropping some dead weight, good for the team overall I think. Better save that money for a plane ticket so that Hyun can attend more EU events xD
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-05 04:35:17
October 05 2013 04:35 GMT
#434
On October 05 2013 13:29 stuzH wrote:
Quantic dropping some dead weight, good for the team overall I think. Better save that money for a plane ticket so that Hyun can attend more EU events xD

Even if that was the case, you don't "drop dead weight" by having practices that border on fraudulent.
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
ZeromuS
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada13425 Posts
October 05 2013 04:48 GMT
#435
On October 05 2013 07:08 seoul_kiM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 05 2013 06:57 1MaSsan wrote:
OP is updated along with dates. Thank you again for your support in this! I'll update it again when every transaction is complete.

on side note, I'd like to keep this between Simon and me, not Quantic and me. Quantic organization, despite being owned by Simon, had nothing to do with it, and no representatives to viewers were involved in this, whether they were informed or not.

I still love Hyun and other players in Quantic, and I'd like them to be not affected by this until they're ready to leave the organization by their own choice, if that ever occurs. Please continue support to your favorite players.


I'm not trying to offend you, but you should stop typing on this issue. You should let Quantic deal with this.


Or we can stop worrying about it as it has been addressed. Simon still did something wrong but at least its been dealt with. We don't need to hurt the players of Quantic anymore with being negative about one of only a few NA teams with money.

Dislike simon all you want, but you can still support the players. If massan says the matter is dealt with then it is dealt with for the time being. Its like you've never been at odds with an employer in the past and tried to address the issues. The mature thing is to move on.
StrategyRTS forever | @ZeromuS_plays | www.twitch.tv/Zeromus_
dreamseller
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
Australia914 Posts
October 05 2013 09:53 GMT
#436
On October 05 2013 06:22 rd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 05 2013 05:46 Shikyo wrote:
Sent hatemail to all sponsors along the lines of "It's wonderful what you are doing for eSports and I hope that you will continue supporting eSports, but as long as you sponsor Quantic Gaming I cannot bring myself to even consider buying any of your products. Please consider sponsoring a team that deserves being sponsored."

Ridiculous how these children become managers/owners of eSports organisations.


This is the absolute worst way to approach this problem. All you're doing is adding on to the problem of Simon by undermining confidence in e-sports sponsorship. Simon has no impact on the viewers. He has a direct impact on the players which indirectly impacts viewers, but that means it's up to the players to take action, not the community. If mistreatment is an issue which might compel them to leave, then the players must leave on their own will, not the community's. It's quite possible the rest of Quantic's players have perfectly fine working relationships with Simon and all that you're accomplishing in your vendetta against Simon in the end is hurting the players and putting them out of work. Again; it's their call to leave Quantic and let it "die," not yours.

I would really love to see any posts trying to organize the e-mailing of sponsors to at least warrant mod action. edit: I'm tempted to start a thread on it now.

Show nested quote +
On October 05 2013 06:20 Shikyo wrote:
On October 05 2013 06:10 Kevin_Sorbo wrote:
On October 05 2013 05:46 Shikyo wrote:
Sent hatemail to all sponsors along the lines of "It's wonderful what you are doing for eSports and I hope that you will continue supporting eSports, but as long as you sponsor Quantic Gaming I cannot bring myself to even consider buying any of your products. Please consider sponsoring a team that deserves being sponsored."

Ridiculous how these children become managers/owners of eSports organisations.



you understand that by doing this you are not only punishing the quantic management but also all the players who need those sponsors to get their paychecks??

Hyun just called and said thank you for what you did.

Do you think that Hyun couldn't find a new team? I'm just getting my opinion heard, it's just a single person. I have the right, at least. I would rather have Hyun not be a part of an atrocious organization like that and well, you reap what you sow. I think it's very detrimental to be afraid of doing anything / voicing your opinion because some players will become temporarily teamless. If they don't find new teams, they didn't deserve one in the first place, wouldn't you say? And that spot might now belong to a person who deserves it more, after all. It's not like I am attached to any of Quantic's current players, anyway.


You have a right to outwardly support or chastise Hyun for his choice of team, but you have no right whatsoever to dictate which team he may join. You don't even have a right to dictate terms to sponsors. What are the odds you were going to buy a product they made, or if you bought anything from them at all? You're just abusing the sensitivity sponsors have to such a volatile market that describes E-Sports. If more people (who had no reason to whatsoever) e-mailed the sponsors, the entitled fanatics like yourself would be drowned out with normal, rational opinions.


the bolded is probably the most eloquent condemnation of people writing to sponsors i've heard. well put.
PGtour admin
Incognoto
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
France10239 Posts
October 05 2013 10:52 GMT
#437
Writing to sponsors is a great way to kill esports!

Even in the light of how atrocious this person's behavior has been, it's a bad idea to write to sponsors. It's much more intelligent to write the team itself and tell them to fuck Simon. Writing to the sponors themselves... well others have said several times why that's such a fucking bad idea.
maru lover forever
Liman
Profile Joined July 2012
Serbia681 Posts
October 05 2013 11:10 GMT
#438
Dad should fire Simon and save Quantic.
Freelancer veteran
StarGalaxy
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany744 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-05 11:21:45
October 05 2013 11:20 GMT
#439
On October 05 2013 11:21 Frogstomp wrote:
Reimbursing MaSsan was definitely the right first step, but honestly I don't know how Quantic salvages this situation. Obviously MaSsan didn't want this to hurt Quantic as an organization because of his respect/friendship with other players...but seeing as the dispute is with the owner of Quantic, it's kind of hard to separate one from the other. Especially when the owner's been exposed to be such a huge, unprofessional douche.

As a sponsor, would you want to sponsor them in the future? As a player, would you ever consider joining this team?

Not that I blame MaSsan in the slightest; this has done irreparable harm to Quantic in my eyes, and the owner has only himself to blame.


We have to thank MaSsan for speaking up.
I think everyone who gets treated like him has the responsibility to make it public.
Things will never change if people hush up those incidents. More people will run into problems if people like the quantic owner get away with their actions and repeat it.
Cj hero | Zest
hunts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2113 Posts
October 05 2013 15:16 GMT
#440
So wait if simon is the owner of quantic, and he pays for this with his parents credit cards, is he paying for the team as a whole with his parents cards?
twitch.tv/huntstv 7x legend streamer
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 55m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE110
CosmosSc2 33
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 584
Artosis 528
910 27
Dota 2
monkeys_forever495
League of Legends
JimRising 565
Counter-Strike
minikerr13
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5668
Other Games
summit1g7620
shahzam560
C9.Mang0284
ArmadaUGS90
Trikslyr41
ZombieGrub25
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick281
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream145
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 140
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
55m
Kung Fu Cup
11h 55m
Stellar Fest
13h 55m
The PondCast
1d 10h
OSC
1d 13h
Stellar Fest
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.