• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:05
CEST 01:05
KST 08:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8539 users

Departing Quantic, how I was mistreated in it. - Page 23

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 All
MVega
Profile Joined November 2010
763 Posts
October 05 2013 15:32 GMT
#441
On October 06 2013 00:16 hunts wrote:
So wait if simon is the owner of quantic, and he pays for this with his parents credit cards, is he paying for the team as a whole with his parents cards?


Yeah I was trying to think of legit reasons for using someone else's credit card. But honestly since you can use a debit card as "credit" for purchases as long as you have enough money in the bank, there isn't really much reason to use someone else's card anymore.
bumkin: How can you play like 50 games per day... I 4gate 2 times then it's nap time
oDieN[Siege]
Profile Joined November 2009
United States2905 Posts
October 05 2013 16:55 GMT
#442
I personally think Simon just threw the towel in due to how much this whole thing just exploded.
Good choice, nonetheless, but I still feel he's doing this out of obligation.
말크 : ^_^~ NeO)GabuAt, vGODieN
MaSsan
Profile Joined June 2009
United States143 Posts
October 06 2013 09:14 GMT
#443
Second and last payment is finally here! Thank you guys so much on helping me on this matter. This would have never happened without support from fans and viewers of TL! I love you guys so much

@MaSsanSC
catplanetcatplanet
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
3837 Posts
October 06 2013 13:05 GMT
#444
Yayyyy :D

do you know if TREME is still on quantic?
I think it's finally time to admit it might not be the year of Pet
Northern_iight
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada363 Posts
October 06 2013 13:11 GMT
#445
On October 06 2013 18:14 1MaSsan wrote:
Second and last payment is finally here! Thank you guys so much on helping me on this matter. This would have never happened without support from fans and viewers of TL! I love you guys so much



Glad to hear things worked out for you in the end.

it's pretty much GG for quantic. No wonder their CS:GO team would leave them so easily for Complexity.
TheBloodyDwarf
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Finland7524 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-06 13:17:45
October 06 2013 13:17 GMT
#446
Question is why he uses Simon uses his parents card?

EDIT:
On October 06 2013 18:14 1MaSsan wrote:
Second and last payment is finally here! Thank you guys so much on helping me on this matter. This would have never happened without support from fans and viewers of TL! I love you guys so much



Awesome to hear!
Fusilero: "I still can't believe he did that, like dude what the fuck there's fandom and then there's what he did like holy shit. I still see it when I close my eyes." <- reaction to the original drunk santa post which later caught on
0x101
Profile Joined February 2012
Latvia13 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-08 00:04:12
October 08 2013 00:03 GMT
#447
On October 04 2013 08:06 Dodgin wrote:
Cleaned it up a bit

+ Show Spoiler [original OP, now with spacing!] +
Dear community

I'm formerly Quantic MaSsan, a Zerg player from Quantic gaming's main roster:Quantic Gaming

As of September 26th, I officially left Quantic Gaming. Many people came to ask why and what not, and I'm just not going to lie about how things went. To my fans, I feel obligated to let them know why I'm leaving the organization.

Before I say anything, I hate to drop another bad news about teams. However, this is something that I believe it needs to be done, and I’m not sure where else to go with it. This post will explain how I left the team in detail, in one heavy load of texts.

Originally I told my ex-coworkers and friends that I will not publicize this, but I learned something about it that I need to do this, so my apologizes to those of who thought I wasn't going to do it.

So, my departure of Quantic Gaming started with me need to purchase flight ticket back to Atlanta, Georgia, USA from Quebec, Canada. When Simon, Quantic Gaming owner heard about this, he convince me that I should buy ticket to Korea as well after visa duration, since I’ll be staying in states with ESTA(basically 90 days travel visa), he said despite me been in states for 9 years, I’ll need it to pass inspection on customs as I enter the country(which I have yet to confirm if it’s true). Then he offered me that I let Simon buy the ticket, since I’ll be getting possibly cheaper flights and he can get mileages off his account since he’s frequent customer, which I took.

I told him to purchase a ticket that will allow me to stay in for anytime between 85 to 90 days. Initially my departure date from states was on Thursday, but then I had him moved to Tuesday for my own convenience, which should have only shortened the duration. I sent $1400, ticket cost, to him via Paypal.

Then I took the flight to Atlanta, and I learned that my flight ticket is actually is for 91 days even after the 2 days adjustment, and I had to go through secondary inspection where I convinced the security that I’ll be leaving before my visa expires.

So I told Simon that he had booked wrong flight, hence I needed it either changed or refunded so I can use new ticket. Simon told me that there is a form he can fill for me to extend my stay. I call embassy and found out that there is no such form, and I learned that what he told me was either lie or was given wrong information. I told him about it and he told me to stop bother him for now so I gave him time to find it out on his own.

5 days later, I asked for a form if he could find it. He told me that he called and he cannot change ticket nor can be refunded. It was very confusing for me since ticket says we’re able to change as long as we pay the differences, and I told him I’ll pay for that too. He ignored me on any conversation about forms, but just told me about how he cannot change anything about ticket, and he will not pay any money to buy new ticket since it was my error to have date wrong because I was next to him talking when he was purchasing ticket. Upon hearing that, I told him it’ll be on his dad’s credit card(he purchased with it) otherwise, so we need to fix the problem together.

He freaked out on the part me saying “it’ll be on his dad’s credit card”, and told me “good luck finding new team”, along with how “asshole”, and it is a good thing I sent it as gift on Paypal so I won’t be able to get it back. Being confused, I told him we need to find solution, I’m yet thankful for my stay at quantic house, but it doesn’t mean he can randomly decide to take money away. He told me that when I threaten quantic, I deal with consequences(which I was very confused about, I don’t remember making any threats, especially to quantic). I tried to talk him into senses since he seemed to be in freaked-out status. He told me “will review the matter tonight and see what I can do until then Nothing to say”.

I agreed to this and meanwhile, I called travel agency that he initially contacted. There I learned that you can always change the ticket as long as there is availability, and pay the ticket differential. I also learned that it’ll cost him $163 to change it. During this time, he removed all my information from the website, and removed me from quantic.

For 3 days after the incident, I messaged Simon every night just to get him back since he was logging on and off, while he ignored me completely. At the end of the day, he got either nice mileage on his account, or refund from canceling ticket. On me, I lost $1400 ticket and had to purchase another. From what point he was lying or was trying to screw me it doesn’t matter. Despite the fact that it seem like he did this from very beginning, but I can understand mistakes. However, from the moment he was telling me about forms, he was purely lying and was trying to scam me over.

After learning that he was lying to me in every possibly way, including visa, form, ticket, travel agency and every other things, I contacted Paypal and tried to cancel payment(which didn’t work out since I sent as gift), and I’m in process filing IC3(internet crime complaint center) on US government, which I’m not sure how US government will punish Canadian until he comes into US. I’ll be looking for similar form that I can fill for Canadians on Canadian government for scam he did to me.

Few days after, Simon contacted me saying good luck getting my money back, and he indeed changed the ticket at the moment I contacted him, which he will not give it to me obviously because I’m double face asshole. He told me that the ticket cost him 85 dollars(by default ticket changing fee costs 100 minimum, so it’s lie, but I still called airline and confirmed that it indeed is a lie and ticket was not changed from the beginning)

As said, I wasn’t going to reveal this to public for the good of my friends who still remains in the team. However, I learned that Simon has been telling others that I stole money from his pocket as I left the place, and I threatened him meanwhile. I will not stand framing. I cannot imagine what he's going to tell others if he tells quantic gaming that I have stole his property and threatened him, as well as I'm full of lies that I never spoke of, hence I decided to go public with this. I love Starcraft 2 and it's community. I didn't want my career to end with me leaving Quantic, and this seemed only way to prevent that.

You can find detailed skype chat down below, everything from start to the end to not give you any wrong information or even try to hide it. To make sure any part is not cropped, I copy pasted end part of screenshot at the beginning of next screen shot. This might includes some information that it shouldn’t be on public, but I cannot find a way to give you top to bottom view otherwise.

As of now, I'd like to ask formal apologize from Quantic gamings owner, Simon Boudreault, as well as refund for ticket, although it is very unlikely to happen given situation.

http://imgur.com/Li9NniK Imgurlink

As a note, I have not told any lies about organization to anyone especially to my teammates. However, I cannot prevent lie If information feeder, which are Quantic Gamings Organization Management team, lied to me to begin with. Then I'm sorry to hear that you had to lie about how things were handled and went to cover up what actually happen when you told me about those.

Thank you viewers for reading this hell of texts. I appreciate your support on the organization and me, and I really hope this doesn't change your view on Starcrtaft scene.


Backup of the chatlog — http://nn.lv/frez
Whine less, play more. StarCraft is A.L.I.V.E.
KaiserKieran
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States615 Posts
October 08 2013 00:19 GMT
#448
I'm glad everything was fixed
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
October 08 2013 00:24 GMT
#449
On October 06 2013 01:55 oDieN wrote:
I personally think Simon just threw the towel in due to how much this whole thing just exploded.
Good choice, nonetheless, but I still feel he's doing this out of obligation.


It's the only logical thing to do really.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
October 08 2013 21:41 GMT
#450
Good to hear things are working out :D
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
zev318
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada4306 Posts
October 08 2013 21:50 GMT
#451
joint statement: blah blah blah, my ass was exposed and the only reason i paid massan back is cause i care about my public image. we are great friends and that's why i tried to not pay him back at all.
Lumi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1616 Posts
October 08 2013 21:56 GMT
#452
On October 09 2013 06:50 zev318 wrote:
joint statement: blah blah blah, my ass was exposed and the only reason i paid massan back is cause i care about my public image. we are great friends and that's why i tried to not pay him back at all.


hahaha. yep, he got what he wanted. look at this page full of people going "yay everything was happy in the end" XD
twitter.com/lumigaming - DongRaeGu is the One True Dong - /r/onetruedong
Madder
Profile Joined February 2010
Australia427 Posts
October 09 2013 03:06 GMT
#453
Wait, so is this Simon guy still in Quantic even after what happened?
ReachTheSky
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3294 Posts
October 09 2013 03:12 GMT
#454
On October 09 2013 06:50 zev318 wrote:
joint statement: blah blah blah, my ass was exposed and the only reason i paid massan back is cause i care about my public image. we are great friends and that's why i tried to not pay him back at all.


Lol and i thought i was the only who could see this LOL ;P
Quantic is still shady as fuck and i'd recommend everyone stay away from them.
TL+ Member
AlternativeEgo
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden17309 Posts
October 09 2013 04:43 GMT
#455
On October 09 2013 12:06 Madder wrote:
Wait, so is this Simon guy still in Quantic even after what happened?


Yes. He has not fired himself yet.
Mark Munoz looks like Gretorp
BongChambers
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada591 Posts
October 09 2013 04:50 GMT
#456
On October 09 2013 13:43 AlternativeEgo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2013 12:06 Madder wrote:
Wait, so is this Simon guy still in Quantic even after what happened?


Yes. He has not fired himself yet.


LOL.

But it's wonderful to see the power of a simple TL post time and time again, I'm happy you received the final and full payment of what was owned to you! Best of luck where ever you go now
420
PeopleWhoAnnoyYou
Profile Joined November 2012
58 Posts
October 09 2013 05:03 GMT
#457
Never forget this incident. Do not go back to thinking that Quantic is a perfect, quality team.
Fearest
Profile Joined September 2011
854 Posts
October 09 2013 06:29 GMT
#458
On October 06 2013 00:32 MVega wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 06 2013 00:16 hunts wrote:
So wait if simon is the owner of quantic, and he pays for this with his parents credit cards, is he paying for the team as a whole with his parents cards?


Yeah I was trying to think of legit reasons for using someone else's credit card. But honestly since you can use a debit card as "credit" for purchases as long as you have enough money in the bank, there isn't really much reason to use someone else's card anymore.


That's not true. Although you can use debit as credit. Using a credit card have more protection for the user than a debit card. Maybe he was trying to secure his purchases?
ZergZingZing
Profile Joined October 2010
Korea (South)119 Posts
October 26 2013 11:38 GMT
#459
I seriously think the original post and the conversation posted by massan should stay on the thread so that people in the future who read this are not misinformed about this incident. If this Simon guy wants to REALLY apologize, he should be a man and live up to his actions. He should leave the original post as it was and resign from his position ASAP. This type of action should never be excused and the original perpetrator has to learn from his mistake. I just have to say, "Once a scumbag always a scumbag."
Prev 1 21 22 23 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 55m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE110
CosmosSc2 33
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 584
Artosis 528
910 27
Dota 2
monkeys_forever495
League of Legends
JimRising 565
Counter-Strike
minikerr13
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5668
Other Games
summit1g7620
shahzam560
C9.Mang0284
ArmadaUGS90
Trikslyr41
ZombieGrub25
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick281
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream145
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 140
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
55m
Kung Fu Cup
11h 55m
Stellar Fest
13h 55m
The PondCast
1d 10h
OSC
1d 13h
Stellar Fest
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.