• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:02
CEST 05:02
KST 12:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8059 users

[M] (2) Oblivion

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Aircooled
Profile Joined July 2012
United States79 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-08 00:19:55
August 30 2013 23:05 GMT
#1
I never update my maps because making the original layout is the most fun for me so I decided to force myself to do so before starting a new one. I fixed the easily blinkable main and made the third much easier to defend. I thought two ramps was a bit too much though so I basically stole the fifth from Synapse. I also overhauled the fourth/fifths on the sides and added two watch towers.

AM

136x128
10 8m2g, 2 6m2g

Overview: [image loading]

Closeups:+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]



Version 1
+ Show Spoiler +
I wanted to try and make an aggressive map by placing the more open areas towards the center of the map as well as having center gold bases that are decently easy to hold.



136x128
10 8m2g, 2 6m2hg

Overview
[image loading]

Closeups:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading][image loading][image loading][image loading]


Thanks for any more feedback.
Phaenoman
Profile Joined February 2013
568 Posts
August 30 2013 23:21 GMT
#2
Hmm... u say u want to make it an aggressive map but then u say the gold bases are (decently) easy to hold. Tbh i don't see why this map is supposed to be played aggressively. Can u make ur thoughts a bit more clearly?
Random is hard work dude...
Fatam
Profile Joined June 2012
1986 Posts
August 31 2013 02:16 GMT
#3
looks neat, although all the possible thirds seem pretty tough
Search "FTM" in SC2 | Latest Maps: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/528528-2-ftm-siegfried-station http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/525489-2-ftm-crimson-aftermath http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/524737-2-ftm-grime
InfCereal
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada1759 Posts
August 31 2013 02:26 GMT
#4
On August 31 2013 08:21 Phaenoman wrote:
Hmm... u say u want to make it an aggressive map but then u say the gold bases are (decently) easy to hold. Tbh i don't see why this map is supposed to be played aggressively. Can u make ur thoughts a bit more clearly?


Accelerates the game. Take macro zvt for instance, you get 3 bases, some drones, then you start defending the pressure for the rest of the game. Problem being that it took 12 minutes for something to happen. Having defensible gold bases might make that 10 minutes instead?
Cereal
iamcaustic
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1509 Posts
August 31 2013 02:27 GMT
#5
Unfortunately, the excessive difficulty of the third base options moves this from an aggressive-style map straight into an early game all-in map (I think when you said the gold bases are decently easy to hold, you meant decently easy to deny off a 2-base timing). I suggest looking at maps like Bel'Shir Vestige and Neo Planet S to get an idea of how to balance the third base to allow for aggression with the possibility to play out a full game behind that aggression.

That aside, I quite like the general proportions and design concept of the map. I think if you fix your thirds (I'd suggest playing around with the 1/7 o'clock bases) you have a pretty darn good map on your hands.
Twitter: @iamcaustic
Aircooled
Profile Joined July 2012
United States79 Posts
August 31 2013 02:35 GMT
#6
I meant aggressive as in to defend the possible thirds it pushes you more towards the middle of the map but unfortunately I do agree w/ caustic and think I did it a bit too much. I'll def look into the 1/7 bases maybe ill just remove a ramp or two or completely re adjust them
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
August 31 2013 04:48 GMT
#7
On August 31 2013 11:35 Aircooled wrote:
I meant aggressive as in to defend the possible thirds it pushes you more towards the middle of the map but unfortunately I do agree w/ caustic and think I did it a bit too much. I'll def look into the 1/7 bases maybe ill just remove a ramp or two or completely re adjust them

I don't think you need a complete redesign. They are not really that bad at all in like pvz for instance, where they are no worse than planet S. (Which was a tough 3rd but not impossible, and there is less intervening openness here.) The killer is that you can hit the mineral line from the high ground. If you flip the base around and bring the ramp 1 unit closer it'll be fine imo.

As for the map overall, this is really cool! I will have to think hard about any deeper problems but from a quick glance it seems nice.
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
Aircooled
Profile Joined July 2012
United States79 Posts
August 31 2013 05:47 GMT
#8
sweet thanks, i was also thinking about that option early on, but was really unnecessarily trying to make the "highground" third work.
iamcaustic
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1509 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-31 07:43:22
August 31 2013 07:41 GMT
#9
On August 31 2013 13:48 EatThePath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2013 11:35 Aircooled wrote:
I meant aggressive as in to defend the possible thirds it pushes you more towards the middle of the map but unfortunately I do agree w/ caustic and think I did it a bit too much. I'll def look into the 1/7 bases maybe ill just remove a ramp or two or completely re adjust them

I don't think you need a complete redesign. They are not really that bad at all in like pvz for instance, where they are no worse than planet S. (Which was a tough 3rd but not impossible, and there is less intervening openness here.) The killer is that you can hit the mineral line from the high ground. If you flip the base around and bring the ramp 1 unit closer it'll be fine imo.

As for the map overall, this is really cool! I will have to think hard about any deeper problems but from a quick glance it seems nice.

Yeah pretty much; that's probably the biggest reason I recommended looking at the 1/7 bases. Such a simple tweak to make them not absurd, which then allows the rest of the map to remain mostly as-is. The only other thing that would make me worried as a Terran is the amount of cliff area at the main for blink stalker all-ins.
Twitter: @iamcaustic
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-31 10:34:13
August 31 2013 10:32 GMT
#10
It looks nice. Two things:
- not sure if the gold is attackable enough. I imagine it being VERY hard to kill that base once it is established, at least as Zerg.
- The main & natural seem kind of small, maybe a little more room in the main would be good.

6m2hg

Not sure if it is just a typo, but the usual gold base setup is 6hm2g, so no high yield gas, just 2 normal ones.
Aircooled
Profile Joined July 2012
United States79 Posts
December 08 2013 00:24 GMT
#11
Map/OP Update:
[image loading]
iMrising
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
United States1099 Posts
December 08 2013 01:37 GMT
#12
Unfortunately, the third still looks impossible. I also dont see a point in making a little cliff above the base unless you want to make tvz drops impossible to defend
$O$ | soO
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 227
ProTech123
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 187
Terrorterran 17
Bale 15
Noble 4
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm221
League of Legends
Doublelift6151
JimRising 786
Counter-Strike
taco 318
Other Games
summit1g11899
C9.Mang0375
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1246
BasetradeTV151
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream45
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo260
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 59m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
7h 59m
Monday Night Weeklies
12h 59m
Replay Cast
19h 59m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 7h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 20h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.