• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:05
CEST 18:05
KST 01:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)47Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8161 users

[Interview] WEM 2012 Day 1 Winners

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Weirdkid
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Singapore2431 Posts
October 25 2012 12:46 GMT
#1
[image loading]

(Wiki)World e-Sports Masters 2012

Thread for WEM 2012. The OP is not updated but if you scroll down a bit you can find most of the info on the first few pages.


Interview with the winner of the first game (Nestea vs Mvp)
Translated from http://s.163.com/12/1025/15/8EM0VLI000314D0E.html
+ Show Spoiler +

LGIM_Nestea
[image loading]

Thank you Nestea for accepting this interview with s.163.com and MarsTV. Can you tell us how you feel after winning?

Ah I'm very happy. I usually lose more than I win in my previous tournament games against Mvp. Even though the games were really difficult, I am still very happy to have won.

You came back to defeat Mvp 2:1. Why did you think you were able to win?

I practised with Mvp previously, we know each other quite well, and I also really understood Mvp's strategies, and so I prepared in a way to counter him, and add to that a bit a luck, and I was able to win.

You frequently used your queens to spread creep to limit Mvp. Have you invented a whole new strategy?

The purpose of the queens is to limit Mvp's expanding and taking of the map. Perhaps it's the first time Mvp has seen such a style, and as a result he wasn't able to react properly.

It's been some time since you've appeared at offline tournaments, and the fans are very worried about your condition. How are you now? What percentage of your peak have you managed to recover to?

About 60-70% or so I guess. This is my first overseas tournament after my rest, and it feels like my hands and body hasn't yet adjusted properly, and I'd still need some time to resume practise.

Life, a Zerg player, defeated Mvp at the GSL finals. What's your assessment on the current balance of Zerg?

The difference between the balance of Zerg and Terran is actually not big, and both races are strong in their own ways, and it still depends largely on the players and the strategies.

Have you tried Heart of the Swarm?

I've played about 2-3 times I guess. Not too much.

Finally, can you say something to the Chinese fans?

This is my first time in China, and I am very thankful for the support of the Chinese fans, and I will continue working hard and practising to repay the masses of fans in China. Hope everyone will continue looking forward to my performances. Thank you.



Interview with the winner of the second game (Leenock vs MMA)
Translated from http://s.163.com/12/1025/16/8EM57CTS00314D0E.html
+ Show Spoiler +

FXO_Leenock
[image loading]

Thank you Leenock for accepting this interview with s.163.com and MarsTV. Can you tell us how you feel after winning?

MMA is really strong, and I'm very honoured to be able to defeat such an opponent. But this is just the first game, and I'm going to try my hardest in the upcoming games to get to the WEM finals.

Talking about winning the championship, who do you think will be your greatest rival on your way to winning it?

MarineKing. My winning rate has never been high against MarineKing, and if he also makes it to the finals, I think he'll be my greatest opponent.

Has there been any changes ever since winning at MLG?

I feel like I haven't changed much, but winning MLG allowed the fans to know about me, and so I'm still very happy about it.

In the games against MMA, your usage of the burrowed banelings was amazing. Why are you able to use them so well?

I started using banelings ever since Starcraft 2 started. I'm really familiar with them and it feels really easy and comfortable for me to use them. Seems like that's it (laughs).

As the main Zerg of FXO, do you have any expectations for this season's GSTL?

In the history of GSTL, there hasn't been any team which has won two consecutive championships yet. And FXO, as defending champions, we will try our best to win the championship, and be the first team to defend the title and win two consecutive championships.
[T/N: Pretty sure he means it in the sense of the new GSTL format ]

As someone who managed to reach top 8 last season, do you have any expectations for GSL season 5? You know, the top 4 players get to go to Las Vegas.

Haha, I've never won GSL before, and I really want to know how it feels to win a GSL championship trophy! In this new season of GSL, I will definitely try my best in preparing, and win the GSL championship! I'm really hoping to win.

We saw you dancing Gangnam Style after winning MLG. If you manage to win this time, will you still dance it?

(laughs) If I win, I will definitely dance, and I'll dance for a longer duration than MLG.

Finally, can you say something to the Chinese fans?

I am thankful for the support of the Chinese fans. This is my first time coming to China, and everything is just so fresh to me. I will also try my best to perform well, and let everyone see the best of me.

Thank you everyone for the support. I will bring you entertaining games. Thank you.



Interview with the winner of the third game (MarineKing vs aLive)
Translated from http://s.163.com/12/1025/17/8EM7Q0SU00314D0E.html
+ Show Spoiler +

MarineKingPrime
[image loading]

Thank you MarineKing for accepting this interview with s.163.com and MarsTV. Can you tell us how you feel after winning?

To be able to defeat such a strong player like aLive makes me really happy, and my condition in this tournament seems to be exceptionally good.

When you took to the stage at this WEM, the cheers for you from the Chinese fans were the loudest. What do you think about this?

I've never been to China before this, and I am amazed that the fans are taking such care of me. I feel quite flattered, and I'm very thankful for the support of the fans.

What's your goal for WEM?

Champion. This is my first time coming to China to compete, and it'll be so good is I were able to win, and only winning the championship will be good enough to repay the masses of Starcraft 2 fans.

You lost to Life previously in GSL. Do you have any particular thoughts about that game?

That time when I lost to Life, I haven't fully understood his playstyle, and it was quite a sad loss. If there's a chance to play against him again, I will adjust my condition properly and try to defeat him.

BboongBboong left the Prime team. Can you talk to us about the reason?

BboongBboong has been in Prime for quite some time, and wasn't able to achieve good results, and so he hopes to play and compete freely at home. After all, he's spent quite a long time in the team, and maybe he wants a change of environment and mindset I guess.

You'll be taking part in IPL5 right. As the champion of the Korean regionals for IPL5, do you have any assessment on the champion of the Chinese regionals for IPL5, Xigua?

I think I know him decently well. After all, he's been to the Prime team in Korea to train for his tournament, and I've also seen him play in tournaments. Xigua is a really strong Zerg player. If I were to meet him in IPL5, I might not be too confident that I am able to defeat him, but I will try my best.

You managed to make it past the WCG Korean qualifiers to get to the world finals, and you might have to come to China again at the end of the year. You weren't able to get good results in WCG last year. What about this year?

That was pretty sad. If I come to compete this year, I will fight for the best results.

But it seems IPL and WCG finals are going to clash. Which will be your choice?

I'm still considering. I will prepare for both until I confirm which tournament I will be taking part in.

Finally, can you say something to the Chinese fans?

Korea is very near to China, and if there's the chance I will still come to China to compete. Since the Chinese fans cheer so loudly for me, I will not let them down, and play the best games and use my victories to repay everyone.



There doesn't seem to be an interview with the winner of the fourth game I can't find it anywhere.
"Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself." - Proverbs 26:4
Kasaraki
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Denmark7115 Posts
October 25 2012 12:50 GMT
#2
Awesome interviews, thanks! :D
Laryleprakon
Profile Joined May 2011
New Zealand9496 Posts
October 25 2012 12:53 GMT
#3
Cool interviews, thank you!
Weavel
Profile Joined January 2010
Finland9224 Posts
October 25 2012 12:55 GMT
#4
Good to see Nestea interviewed. Thanks for translating these.

Completely missed this tournament. :p
Life/Seed//Mvp/NaNiwa fighting! ZeNEX forever!
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
October 25 2012 13:01 GMT
#5
Man, this is still so under the radar. But still, thanks for the interview
Refer to my post.
dynwar7
Profile Joined May 2011
1983 Posts
October 25 2012 13:38 GMT
#6
Thanks, very fast interviews
Regarding the imbalance, hilarious to see Zergs defending themselves....
FrostedMiniWheats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States30730 Posts
October 25 2012 13:43 GMT
#7
Thanks for interviews. Even though the production is terrible, this tournament could use a bit more exposure. The games have been cool so far at least with some nice matchups ahead.
NesTea | Mvp | MC | Leenock | Losira | Gumiho | DRG | Taeja | Jinro | Stephano | Thorzain | Sen | Idra |Polt | Bomber | Symbol | Squirtle | Fantasy | Jaedong | Maru | sOs | Seed | ByuN | ByuL | Neeb| Scarlett | Rogue | IM forever
xuanzue
Profile Joined October 2010
Colombia1747 Posts
October 25 2012 15:06 GMT
#8
IPL and WCG finals are going to clash


who announced the tournament first?
Dominions 4: "Thrones of Ascension".
RoarMan
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada745 Posts
October 25 2012 15:48 GMT
#9
Awesomeness interviews
All the pros got dat Ichie.
coL.hendralisk
Profile Joined September 2009
Zimbabwe1756 Posts
October 25 2012 15:52 GMT
#10
On October 26 2012 00:06 xuanzue wrote:
Show nested quote +
IPL and WCG finals are going to clash


who announced the tournament first?


I think wcg announced dates last year so they would be first
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
October 25 2012 16:00 GMT
#11
I think this was the first big (bec Koreans, lol) tournament in SC2 history that I wasn't aware of, huh
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
Denzil
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom4193 Posts
October 25 2012 16:04 GMT
#12
On October 26 2012 00:52 NMxhendralisk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2012 00:06 xuanzue wrote:
IPL and WCG finals are going to clash


who announced the tournament first?


I think wcg announced dates last year so they would be first


Wcg is just awful though
Anna: So Sen how will you prepare for your revenge v MC? Sen: With a smile.
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
October 25 2012 16:05 GMT
#13
On October 26 2012 01:00 lichter wrote:
I think this was the first big (bec Koreans, lol) tournament in SC2 history that I wasn't aware of, huh

WEM has had quite the history I remember them mainly for the WC3 days but WEM has often been a notable tournament but afaik this is their first go at starcraft.
Glorious SEA doto
Kasaraki
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Denmark7115 Posts
October 25 2012 16:09 GMT
#14
Yeah it was a WC3 tournament before, this is their first attempt at SC2 I am 99% sure.
Weirdkid
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Singapore2431 Posts
October 25 2012 16:09 GMT
#15
On October 26 2012 01:05 Fusilero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2012 01:00 lichter wrote:
I think this was the first big (bec Koreans, lol) tournament in SC2 history that I wasn't aware of, huh

WEM has had quite the history I remember them mainly for the WC3 days but WEM has often been a notable tournament but afaik this is their first go at starcraft.


Yep their first go at Starcraft haha. If I remember right it's to replace WC3
"Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself." - Proverbs 26:4
Visage814
Profile Joined April 2012
United States109 Posts
October 25 2012 17:11 GMT
#16
A tournament switching to Starcraft 2? Ah, so it isn't dead :D oh wait, tournament over saturation, everything is still horrible esports dying
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 1249
ComeBackTV 567
SteadfastSC468
TaKeTV 430
LamboSC2390
IndyStarCraft 168
Rex137
EnkiAlexander 53
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy25
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 468
LamboSC2 390
mouzHeroMarine 245
IndyStarCraft 168
ProTech150
Rex 137
BRAT_OK 75
UpATreeSC 44
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 35238
Shuttle 1909
Mini 916
EffOrt 880
Light 575
Horang2 498
Rush 328
firebathero 320
Soma 299
Snow 201
[ Show more ]
ZerO 173
BeSt 166
hero 149
sorry 57
Sea.KH 52
Killer 43
Liquid`Ret 38
Yoon 38
Mong 33
ToSsGirL 30
Shinee 30
Sexy 24
Bale 20
soO 19
Trap 17
Shine 15
Free 12
Sacsri 10
Terrorterran 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc8439
qojqva1282
Dendi971
420jenkins149
Counter-Strike
fl0m1219
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2035
crisheroes1265
XaKoH 199
MindelVK6
Other Games
singsing2059
B2W.Neo1213
Hui .197
Liquid`VortiX194
ArmadaUGS165
QueenE104
KnowMe103
Mew2King92
Beastyqt88
Trikslyr63
ToD40
Dewaltoss29
ZerO(Twitch)18
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream89
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Gemini_19 18
• mYiSmile117
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 16
• FirePhoenix12
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3154
• TFBlade1151
Other Games
• Shiphtur251
• WagamamaTV211
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 55m
Stellar Fest
20h 55m
OSC
1d 5h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 17h
Online Event
1d 18h
FEL
1d 23h
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.