• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:33
CEST 13:33
KST 20:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8201 users

[Interview] Code S Grand Finals 2012 GSL Season 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
wozzot
Profile Joined July 2012
United States1227 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-20 14:26:42
October 20 2012 11:55 GMT
#1
(Z)ST_Life

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

You became GSL champion on your first try in order to become the first Code S Royal Roader.

I wasn't sure that I would win, but I'm glad that I was able to take the championship like this. I felt some extra pressure because I was playing in front of my parents. I thought that as long as I didn't believe in the StarTale jinx and played the way I always did, I would be able to win. Being the first Royal Roader on my team makes me unbelievably happy.

You took the first and second sets, but looked shaky as you handed the next three games to Mvp.

By the time I reached the sixth set on Ohana, I felt an enormous amount of mental pressure. I had anticipated that I would lose, but after seeing Mvp start building his second expansion, I was able to win by forcing Command Center cancels.

What would you say was your hardest game this season?

I would say that the last set of the finals was the hardest for me. After I was placed at a disadvantage, I was thinking of giving up, but I managed to successfully turn the tables and take the game. It stands out in my mind in particular as a set that was very difficult to win.

From the sixth set onward, you used Zergling-Infestor compositions. Was there any special reason for this?

My teammates told me that Mvp likes to use mech compositions often, but I didn't think that he would use constantly use mech over and over again. Mass Infestor armies are very powerful against mech, so I chose to use Ling-Infestor.

During the final set, you staked your victory on a 10pool build. Were you anticipating an 11/11 Barracks rush?

I had thought that my opponent was going to cheese, but I got confused when he continued to use the same build from his previous games.

How did you prepare for the finals?

Because of school, I didn't have much time to practice, but when I practiced on Friday, I was strangely able to do really well. I was able to win because of Friday's practice session.

Some people have called your play style a new paradigm shift for Zerg.

I play the way I do because I have a lot of confidence in my Zergling micro. Because it's difficult for others to emulate my style, I wouldn't call it a paradigm shift.

Are there any personal goals that you have as a player? Is there any particular rank that you would like to achieve?

I want to show all of my fans some exciting matches. Instead of aiming for a specific rank, I want to steadily build up my career and win.

What are your goals for next season?

I don't know if I'll be able to accomplish this because of how strong the KeSPA players are, but I definitely want to win the next GSL.

Do you have anything to say about the forced shutdown incident at Iron Squid? [T/N: Details here]

It's the law, so what can I say? I just want to grow up faster (laughs).
(ノ´∀`*)ノ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♪ ♫ (✌゚∀゚)☞ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♫ ♫ (ノ´_ゝ`)ノ彡 ┻━┻
Fencar
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States2694 Posts
October 20 2012 11:58 GMT
#2
Love it!
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
October 20 2012 12:01 GMT
#3
One day of practice, win GSL finals ez pz life.
Glorious SEA doto
AssyrianKing
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia2121 Posts
October 20 2012 12:01 GMT
#4
Thanks
John 15:13
nanaoei
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
3358 Posts
October 20 2012 12:02 GMT
#5
very well done, Life. such a deep story under such a young face.

thank you for the translation.
*@boesthius' FF7 nostalgia stream bomb* "we should work on a 'Final Progamer' fangame»whitera can be a protagonist---lastlie: "we save world and then defense it"
SpiZe
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada3640 Posts
October 20 2012 12:02 GMT
#6
Gratz to Life !

Thanks Wozzot, really fast !
Fueled
Profile Joined October 2011
United States1610 Posts
October 20 2012 12:06 GMT
#7
Thank you for the translation
The Wood League - Where a double gas opening can still mean a Marine/SCV all-in
Kiyo.
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2284 Posts
October 20 2012 12:28 GMT
#8
Thanks for the translation! Grats Life! Finally a Startale player wins it!
KT Rolster & StarTale <3 | twitter.com/RayFoxII - twitch.tv/RayFoxII
Weirdkid
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Singapore2431 Posts
October 20 2012 12:31 GMT
#9
If I'm not wrong, he was even in school this morning. This kid man haha. So scary
"Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself." - Proverbs 26:4
SHOOG
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States1639 Posts
October 20 2012 12:57 GMT
#10
Thanks for the interview!
I really like Life's responses. Especially about just building up his career. I hope he continues to have success.
Weavel
Profile Joined January 2010
Finland9224 Posts
October 20 2012 13:05 GMT
#11
This kid is a total boss. Crazy how good he is even with school and forced shutdown.
Life/Seed//Mvp/NaNiwa fighting! ZeNEX forever!
leveller
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden1840 Posts
October 20 2012 13:07 GMT
#12
Wow, well done life gz, how much did he win?
Wildmoon
Profile Joined December 2011
Thailand4189 Posts
October 20 2012 13:15 GMT
#13
Life is sucha great player but he should have known by now that what he said that Mvp's macro game is not as good as him is wrong. Mvp fought valiantly too. Fantastic final.
MaNaVoId
Profile Joined February 2012
492 Posts
October 20 2012 13:15 GMT
#14
Practiced one day and owned Mvp
silent_owl
Profile Joined March 2011
Philippines3098 Posts
October 20 2012 13:25 GMT
#15
Brilliant. This kid is a genius. I'm a Kespa fan and do feel joy that he is giving them respect but I don't think he should sweat much. Once he goes full-time into SC2, his talent combined with serious practice would bring him to levels even greater.

Seriously, just wondering because he brought it up, I wonder if the eSF teams will raise their practice sessions because of the coming of the Kespa teams. I hope they do so that the entire Korean scene just gets better.
"If you know your enemy and yourself, you need not fear the results of a hundred battles." - Sun Tzu
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
October 20 2012 13:28 GMT
#16
Ah gg!
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
VanGarde
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden755 Posts
October 20 2012 13:29 GMT
#17
Now if only everyone had had the common sense to make a thread title like this I would not had been spoiled about the results before watching the vods -.-
War does not determine who is right - only who is left.
robert1005
Profile Joined July 2012
Netherlands98 Posts
October 20 2012 13:29 GMT
#18
gz for winning gsl
The universe begins to look more like a great thought than a great machine.
MaNaVoId
Profile Joined February 2012
492 Posts
October 20 2012 13:39 GMT
#19
On October 20 2012 22:29 VanGarde wrote:
Now if only everyone had had the common sense to make a thread title like this I would not had been spoiled about the results before watching the vods -.-


Someone who chose to come to TL before watching vod complain about spoilers? Is this some kind of joke?
vthree
Profile Joined November 2011
Hong Kong8039 Posts
October 20 2012 13:54 GMT
#20
On October 20 2012 22:29 VanGarde wrote:
Now if only everyone had had the common sense to make a thread title like this I would not had been spoiled about the results before watching the vods -.-


funny you mention common sense.
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 988
WardiTV400
OGKoka 98
Liquipedia
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 1
Afreeca ASL 11451
StarCastTV_EN313
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko308
OGKoka 98
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 13498
Bisu 4933
FanTaSy 3686
Jaedong 1467
Shuttle 1443
BeSt 972
actioN 772
EffOrt 588
Horang2 526
Larva 306
[ Show more ]
Leta 263
Zeus 248
Dewaltoss 119
Mind 107
Barracks 101
Sexy 83
Mong 76
JYJ 72
scan(afreeca) 67
sorry 59
ToSsGirL 56
Killer 42
Shinee 42
sSak 39
Aegong 30
Sea.KH 30
Bale 28
soO 27
Free 26
HiyA 14
Sacsri 12
yabsab 9
Dota 2
Dendi404
Gorgc310
XaKoH 305
Counter-Strike
x6flipin210
Other Games
singsing2332
olofmeister1387
B2W.Neo389
crisheroes281
Pyrionflax207
dupreeh118
Livibee115
KnowMe103
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick625
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 186
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1336
Other Games
• WagamamaTV203
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
4h 27m
Replay Cast
11h 27m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 27m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
23h 27m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC S3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.