• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:21
CEST 20:21
KST 03:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9627 users

The Torenhire Starleague I

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 42 43 44 Next All
Torenhire
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States11681 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-21 13:52:43
June 11 2012 15:34 GMT
#1
Finals


This is the first tournament in the TSL installment, with hopefully many more to come in the future! The player list was generated similar to Gem League, not based on skill or amount of fangirls, a group of people pulled together by a common interest - destroying all competition in Brood War.

Players:
us Jonoman
hu 538
no Jonvvv
hr 2Pacalypse-
ca Trozz
us CaucasianAsian
us tec27
at bioboyAT
au Kiante
us Probe1
se keit
jp Cambium
us v, v, v intrigue
us Ideas
us Rekrul
de 7mk,

us v, v, v redtooth
ca Kau
[image loading] GTR
nl v, v, v Pholon
ca Chill
[image loading] Sadistx
au Hyde
us Mizu
ca HawaiianPig
be RaGe
no v, v, v, v Liquid`Drone
us N.geNuity
cl skindzer
us v, v, v Hot_Bid
[image loading] Meapak_Ziphh
us Metal[x]
Casters:Casted by Kiante, SirJolt & Co.
Map Pool:Andromeda, Outsider, Heartbreak Ridge, Destination, God's Garden, Neo Medusa
Prize:One big TL Logo Vinyl for 2nd place, one small and one big for 1st.

+ Show Spoiler +




VODS:
Group A
Group B
Group C
Group D
Group E
Group F Day 1
Group F Day 2
Group G
Group H

Round of 16 Day 1
Round of 16 Day 2

Round of 8

Semifinals

Finals




TSL on Liquipedia

The ThSL is currently over!

Check out the VODs above!

Thanks for watching





Group Selection:
+ Show Spoiler +
UPDATE: Groups have been picked!!
By: SirJolt


Torenhire Starleague Group Selections


Hi all,

Sorry for the delay, it's been a busy day with a lot of dentistry and a slow internet connection. We figured that we should find something a little more fun than just tossing everyone's names into a random number generator affair and seeing where things fell.

For those of you who love the drama of a real-time lottery system, as featured in just about every tournament worth watching, you can watch this video:







For those of you who don't want to watch the video, you can just consult this handy chart, with sprite graphics courtesy of the always magnificent Trozz:


[image loading]
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]




Good luck to all concerned, looking forward to seeing how these groups break down





Players please email me your replays at tplymyer(at)gmail.com! Make sure you name the replays something comprehensible for the casters...XvsYGame1 or something, you all know the drill. Let's try and have all the group stage games complete by June 30th!!

Good luck to everyone!
++++++++++++
SirJolt: Well maybe if you weren't so big and stupid, it wouldn't have hit you.
CaucasianAsian
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Korea (South)11601 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-11 15:37:09
June 11 2012 15:36 GMT
#2
This might be the best skilled tournament to date. You think Flash vs Jaedong has good and exciting games? Then you have to just wait until what you see here!
Calendar@ Fish Server: `iOps]..Stark
hacklebeast
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5090 Posts
June 11 2012 15:38 GMT
#3
rekrul? Like, the recrul, recrul?
Protoss: Best, Paralyze, Jangbi, Nal_Ra || Terran: Oov, Boxer, Fantasy, Hiya|| Zerg: Yellow, Zero
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
June 11 2012 15:41 GMT
#4
Lol, epic list of players! :D

Gonna root for Hot_Bid, even though he's gonna get knocked out real fast.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
June 11 2012 15:42 GMT
#5
disclaimer: not actually a starleague


it's okay calling a non starleague "starleague" every one has been slapping the term starleague on their tournament to make it seem legit . Sounds really awesome though hope lots of epic moment (insert obama with mic.jpg) here.
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
corumjhaelen
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
France6884 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-11 15:43:26
June 11 2012 15:42 GMT
#6
Epic.
Rekrul, please troll this to the max.
Edit : map pool not epic enough though.
‎numquam se plus agere quam nihil cum ageret, numquam minus solum esse quam cum solus esset
[sc1f]eonzerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Belgium7088 Posts
June 11 2012 15:43 GMT
#7
ahahahah chill gonna rock
Torenhire
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States11681 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-11 15:47:40
June 11 2012 15:44 GMT
#8
Technically Starcraft League is a good description! Haha. I was originally gonna do OSL format (groups, pick ceremony for ro16, groups, ro8 brackets) but decided this would be easier on the casters and players.


On June 12 2012 00:42 corumjhaelen wrote:
Epic.
Rekrul, please troll this to the max.
Edit : map pool not epic enough though.



Made a contract deal with Trozz - he is crazy map tournament, I'm boring standard map tournament :3

It was only three lines though...

Truthfully, the maps are very nostalgic for me...with the decline of Korean pro BW it got me thinking about how I got into the scene...I had started watching reps/games during the Savior era but it wasn't really a big deal to me, it was just like "oh cool, BW stuff" but I didn't really care...

For whatever reason the GomTV Starleague Season 3 was the first tournament I was basically addicted to...stayed up every night it was live to watch, got invested into the league...this is the same map pool from that league - kind of like a little memory for me, as I have been addicted to pro BW since watching that league haha. I'll try and spice it up in the future, but for this league - as it's the first online one I've run, I usually do LANs - I'd like to run this map pool, even if it's a little bland. :D
SirJolt: Well maybe if you weren't so big and stupid, it wouldn't have hit you.
GeckoVOD
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
Germany814 Posts
June 11 2012 15:44 GMT
#9
sounds great :D
@DonGeckone on Twitterstuff // JOIN THE YODA FANCLUB OR YOU'RE REALLY REALLY UNCOOL: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=398220
endy
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Switzerland8970 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-11 15:47:14
June 11 2012 15:45 GMT
#10
rofl easy win for bioboyAT.
Probably the first tournament ever with invites from E to A- ranks

edit : You should have invited Chef, he would have Stove'd the shit out of everyone !


On June 12 2012 00:42 Sawamura wrote:
Show nested quote +
disclaimer: not actually a starleague


it's okay calling a non starleague "starleague" every one has been slapping the term starleague on their tournament to make it seem legit .


Are you referring to the Glob*l Starleague ?
ॐ
Kaal
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Djibouti2570 Posts
June 11 2012 15:48 GMT
#11
Trozz and Storrzerg.

This gon' be good.
Torenhire
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States11681 Posts
June 11 2012 15:48 GMT
#12
I did invite Chef, he had to decline though
SirJolt: Well maybe if you weren't so big and stupid, it wouldn't have hit you.
corumjhaelen
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
France6884 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-11 15:53:13
June 11 2012 15:52 GMT
#13
On June 12 2012 00:44 Torenhire wrote:
Technically Starcraft League is a good description! Haha. I was originally gonna do OSL format (groups, pick ceremony for ro16, groups, ro8 brackets) but decided this would be easier on the casters and players.


Show nested quote +
On June 12 2012 00:42 corumjhaelen wrote:
Epic.
Rekrul, please troll this to the max.
Edit : map pool not epic enough though.



Made a contract deal with Trozz - he is crazy map tournament, I'm boring standard map tournament :3

It was only three lines though...

Truthfully, the maps are very nostalgic for me...with the decline of Korean pro BW it got me thinking about how I got into the scene...I had started watching reps/games during the Savior era but it wasn't really a big deal to me, it was just like "oh cool, BW stuff" but I didn't really care...

For whatever reason the GomTV Starleague Season 3 was the first tournament I was basically addicted to...stayed up every night it was live to watch, got invested into the league...this is the same map pool from that league - kind of like a little memory for me, as I have been addicted to pro BW since watching that league haha. I'll try and spice it up in the future, but for this league - as it's the first online one I've run, I usually do LANs - I'd like to run this map pool, even if it's a little bland. :D

I completely see your point and I like most of those maps, just consider changing God's Garden (and maybe HB Ridge) to something else. It's just, it's a fun tournament, so I think Andro+Desti are enough for serious maps, and you could throw other cool stuff from that time (like Medusa and Outsider).
Anyway, just my opinion and I totally respect your choice.
Edit : invite me next time plz :p
‎numquam se plus agere quam nihil cum ageret, numquam minus solum esse quam cum solus esset
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
June 11 2012 15:54 GMT
#14
This is the first tournament in the TSL installment, with hopefully many more to come in the future!


You better stay true to your words I am bw starve right now to the extent that I will watch any e- to D + games.
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
intrigue
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Washington, D.C9935 Posts
June 11 2012 15:57 GMT
#15
why do people capitalize my name. wtf is this
Moderatorsloppy little slug
Torenhire
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States11681 Posts
June 11 2012 16:00 GMT
#16
@corum: Yeah, I had a few people mention it, but hey, it's an invitational...don't like the map pool, don't play. My feelings won't be hurt haha :3

@Sawamura: Should be, as long as there's continued interest!

@intrigue: fixed.
SirJolt: Well maybe if you weren't so big and stupid, it wouldn't have hit you.
538
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Hungary3932 Posts
June 11 2012 16:05 GMT
#17
Alright, let's do this!
One of the most epic random lineups I've seen, I hope I get at least one of the bigger names in my groups, and enough easy opponents to advance at the same time

Thanks for organizing this!
BW fighting!
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
June 11 2012 16:08 GMT
#18
Best of luck to everyone :D! Sorry that I pulled out~

P.S: Can we have a contest of guessing the brackets? (who will be in the finals, who will be third, etc.)
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
endy
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Switzerland8970 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-11 16:13:04
June 11 2012 16:11 GMT
#19
On June 12 2012 01:08 Torte de Lini wrote:
Best of luck to everyone :D! Sorry that I pulled out~

P.S: Can we have a contest of guessing the brackets? (who will be in the finals, who will be third, etc.)


bioboyAT vs Eriador for the finals.
Kiett for 3rd place.

ez

e: oh crap I fail at reading, it's keit not Kiett Damn, I would have loved to see her destroy everyone
ॐ
Torenhire
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States11681 Posts
June 11 2012 16:12 GMT
#20
I know, we have such a huge range of skill in the tournament hahaha.

TDL, good idea, I can give away another one of the big Vinyls to whoever gets the bracket the closest, once we get out of groups....or something like that, I'll think on it :D
SirJolt: Well maybe if you weren't so big and stupid, it wouldn't have hit you.
1 2 3 4 5 42 43 44 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 610
UpATreeSC 120
JuggernautJason11
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 21421
firebathero 200
Rush 136
Dewaltoss 53
Sexy 28
Trap 20
Bale 16
Shine 15
yabsab 10
Djem5 8
Dota 2
Gorgc7665
qojqva1594
420jenkins154
monkeys_forever56
Counter-Strike
fl0m1578
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1931
crisheroes1133
Liquid`Hasu671
XaKoH 161
MindelVK13
Other Games
Grubby2487
FrodaN739
ceh9731
Beastyqt654
ArmadaUGS183
KnowMe160
Hui .155
C9.Mang0137
byalli131
QueenE106
Trikslyr71
Mew2King69
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV188
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream82
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 10
• Reevou 8
• intothetv
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 40
• 80smullet 13
• FirePhoenix11
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• Nemesis2120
League of Legends
• TFBlade1035
Other Games
• imaqtpie814
• Shiphtur259
• WagamamaTV247
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 39m
Stellar Fest
18h 39m
OSC
1d 3h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 15h
Online Event
1d 16h
FEL
1d 21h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 22h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.