• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:25
CEST 04:25
KST 11:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)24Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9904 users

PESN : fb page for those interested in pro gaming

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
acceL.
Profile Joined April 2010
United States109 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-26 17:53:46
April 26 2012 17:53 GMT
#1
* NOTE: After reading this I am still unsure if this is against forum rules. I have pm'd an admin yesterday and still have not received a reply one way or the other. If it is not acceptable, I apologize and delete or move somewhere it is acceptable. Thanks. *

Professional E-Sports News (PESN) is essentially a simple fb page dedicated to those interested in professional gaming. It is not for marketing purposes or to make money. Just a source of entertainment for those who spend more time facebooking on their phones than actually listening to the professor.

facebook.com/proesportsnews

Who are you?

I'm "acceL" and have been a competitive gamer since 1998. I have traveled the U.S. for games such as Halo 2, StarCraft, and Counter-Strike. If you are familiar with the Halo 2 scene at all, I was teammates with PEPApostle, Detach, and LegendJRG. In StarCraft II I was on the top 200 NA ladder up until I quit. I have played against many of the best players in ladder and show matches and won, but mostly lost . Some examples of these are: dignitas.SeleCT, Day9, Tasteless, Artosis (before they moved to Korea), Axslav, Machine, Sheth, iNControL, IdrA, and the list goes on...

Currently, I am a professional poker player and avid LoL player. I started playing ranked the minute I dinged 30 and I tanked down to ~600 elo. Currently I am ~1400 elo and plan on being 2000+ soon.

Why are you doing this?

I haven't really seen anything like this done on fb which I find weird since everyone and their mom and grandma (literally) are on it. Since CBS partnered with Twitch.tv, MLG, and the NASL it made me realize how fast e-sports is growing and eventually led me to come up with this idea. When I first started competitive gaming there was only one player in North America that was the literal definition of a "professional gamer" and that was fatal1ty. If you don't know who he is, then you are a noob. I have 'wasted', so they say, vasts amounts of time on gaming (~12-16 hours per day was common). I have never really done anything for e-sports beside provided some epic games, so I decided I should do this. This is not for publicity or money, just a fun hobby.

What games will PESN be covering?

-League of Legends
-StarCraft II
-Dota II
-Others tbd

I am unsure if halo and/or call of duty will be added since the current state of affairs those games are in isn't good.

What do you want from us?

If you are interest to like our page fb.com/esportsnews and if you find it useful to spread the word to your friends.

We are also seeing someone to cover DotA II. Preferably a high tier player that follows the pro game closely.


Thanks for your time,
Matthew "acceL" Bobilin
EvilTeletubby
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Baltimore, USA22261 Posts
April 26 2012 18:00 GMT
#2
How can you think it would be acceptable after reading kennigit's post? I mean, you haven't posted on TL in a couple years, then return only to self-promote. That doesn't make you a contributing member.
Moderatorhttp://carbonleaf.yuku.com/topic/408/t/So-I-proposed-at-a-Carbon-Leaf-concert.html ***** RIP Geoff
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 35m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 148
Nina 109
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12277
Rain 2154
Artosis 678
Dewaltoss 36
NaDa 30
Bale 22
Noble 6
Dota 2
monkeys_forever464
NeuroSwarm171
League of Legends
Doublelift5237
Counter-Strike
taco 649
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1581
ArmadaUGS291
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1345
WinterStarcraft559
Other Games
summit1g8252
JimRising 630
PiGStarcraft359
C9.Mang0213
Maynarde178
ViBE113
ZombieGrub15
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick876
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream138
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 113
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
7h 35m
OSC
10h 35m
Stellar Fest
10h 35m
OSC
21h 35m
Stellar Fest
1d 10h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.