• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:23
CEST 04:23
KST 11:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Rp8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6222 users

[Interview] SPOILER So1 Grand Final Interview

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
November 05 2005 01:45 GMT
#1
Haven't done any translations for the longest time. This was done very roughly because I have a midterm on Monday and I just don't think I have the time to chamfer all the corners. Hopefully it's comprehensible enough so that you get the gist of it.

Source: PlaySC.com


[image loading]


After an arduous series of battle, you came out on top.
I’m very happy that I won, continuing the legend of the fall. Since I won this title, I will try my hardest in the future to show that I am champion-worthy


This was your first appearance in the final round, and you won it.
I got my confidence from the legend of the fall. Prior to the game, commentator Garimto came up to me and gave me words of support. I won my first OSL title in my first appearance in the OSL final, I am very happy. I will try my hardest to become an exceptional progamer.


Who do you want to thank the most?
My parents have always been supporting me. I am very glad that I replied to their unconditional support with my OSL title. I want to thank my parents, and thank my coach. My team-mates also gave me enormous support, as well as my relatives and friends, and of course, my fans.


Most difficult section of this OSL?
The semi final. I was under a lot of pressure facing against Oov. It was even more difficult than the matches against Boxer.


What did Boxer say to you after the games?
He said “good job” and congratulated me on my performance. He also asked my coach where he found such a good player.


You were winning, then Boxer came back.
Luckily, I adjusted my mental state. I treated it as our first match, so I was not overly nervous.


After Boxer came up to 2:2, it’s impossible to treat it like nothing happened….
After winning the first two matches, I was overjoyed because I could taste the title. After losing two consecutive matches, I returned to my original self.


You didn’t use DT in the last game.
I went with a regular strategy in the last game in case boxer goes with a Biochanic strategy (tank + mm), so I focussed on my strategy instead of Dark Templars.


When you realize that you won the title?
After seeing Boxer’s starport add-on and realizing that he was going wraiths, and after I killed them with Corsairs and Carriers, I knew I had won.


Your practice-partners?
Team-mates and Firebathero from Khan. He was watching the games today, and I couldn’t even allocate a place for him to sit.


I heard that you strategy was top-secret today, you didn’t even tell your coach.
I didn’t tell anyone is because I wanted to keep the Final intense. About my coach… he was watching me practising the entire time, I don’t know where you heard that rumour from…


How are you going to spend your prize money?
I’ll treat my team-mates to a big meal, and I’ll give the rest to my parents.


What do you think of Boxer?
Boxer is of my most respected players. I want to play against him in the future again, over another important event.


How much did you practise?
For the entire year, I barely stepped outside of my dorm, it was practice and practice. I rarely stayed up late to practise, but it adds up.


Do you think yourself as a strategy-type or a macro-type of player?
I like to think myself as a macro-player. However, recently, Terran is too strong, it is impossible to win with macro alone. Therefore, I focussed on strategy against Oov, and tried to both macro and strategy against Boxer.


What do you want to do the most?
Rest. It has been very stressful and tiresome while preparing for today’s games. I want to rest a few days, not touching my computer.


Your goals for the year 2006
Same as all the other progamers – KeSPA #1. Therefore, I have to practise hard.


If you can advance into another OSL final, who do you want to face?
I want to play against Boxer again. Don’t we all say that Boxer is the representative of all progamers?


Who are you going to pick in the next OSL during the group selection?
I recall July saying, “I hope Anytime will pick me”, although I don’t know yet, I have taken a note of his words.


Are you confident in breaking the OSL curse?
Hopefully, I will try my hardest.
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
2dd
Profile Joined September 2005
Belgium421 Posts
November 05 2005 01:47 GMT
#2
Wow nice one -__-
Great job
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-11-05 01:50:34
November 05 2005 01:50 GMT
#3
Aaaaaaaah, you just can't not like this guy =]
Thanks for the translation!
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
IntoTheWow
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
is awesome32282 Posts
November 05 2005 01:50 GMT
#4
Thanks
Moderator<:3-/-<
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
November 05 2005 01:51 GMT
#5
What's "Legend of the Fall"?
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-11-05 01:56:55
November 05 2005 01:55 GMT
#6
On November 05 2005 10:51 Cambium wrote:
What's "Legend of the Fall"?


The Protoss victory in OSL in Fall. Thrice has The Emperor fallen to a Protoss in the OGN Finals now...

Garimto
Reach
AnyTime

When will BoxeR get his third... --;
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
baba1
Profile Joined April 2005
Canada355 Posts
November 05 2005 01:58 GMT
#7
gj this guy is nice
noq uote
Mickey
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United States2606 Posts
November 05 2005 02:00 GMT
#8
Man, I cant belive SlayerS_`BoxeR` lost
mrdx
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Vietnam1555 Posts
November 05 2005 02:00 GMT
#9
After Boxer came up to 2:2, it’s impossible to treat it like nothing happened….
After winning the first two matches, I was overjoyed because I could taste the title. After losing two consecutive matches, I returned to my original self.

Dammit this guy's dictionary obviously doesn't have the word 'nervous'. If Boxer leaded for 2-0 and Anytime equalized then the situation maybe much different for Boxer T_T
BoxerForever.com - the one and only international Boxer fansite since 2006 :)
NoName
Profile Joined October 2002
United States1558 Posts
November 05 2005 02:07 GMT
#10
gj


Still, that's some dedication to practice. I don't see how he or anyone else can keep up that level of practice. I think Reach was that way. He practiced like crazy for his title and burned out.
Wam-bam-ba-boom! Bada-bing!
Locked
Profile Joined September 2004
United States4182 Posts
November 05 2005 02:18 GMT
#11
ah don't you wish anytime was a little more...... hateable

but theres like nothing you can point and hate him for

umm i hate him for not winning with dt -_-



thanks for translating
UMS map pack http://teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=50442
Tomcat
Profile Joined November 2002
Romania136 Posts
November 05 2005 02:27 GMT
#12
What did Boxer say to you after the games?
He said “good job” and congratulated me on my performance. He also asked my coach where he found such a good player.


Yeah, I was wondering the same thing

How are you going to spend your prize money?
I’ll treat my team-mates to a big meal, and I’ll give the rest to my parents.


Is this guy sweet or what ?

How much did you practise?
For the entire year, I barely stepped outside of my dorm, it was practice and practice. I rarely stayed up late to practise, but it adds up.


If this isn't insane dedication, I donno what is.

Anytime, you're my new hero. Oh yeah, and thanks a bunch for the translation !



CoralReefer
Profile Joined June 2004
Canada2069 Posts
November 05 2005 02:33 GMT
#13
fuckin july, you cocky bastard!
And this hot potato has vanished into thin air.
RiSE
Profile Joined April 2004
United States3182 Posts
November 05 2005 02:43 GMT
#14
Wow, seems like a cool guy, giving the money to his parents O_O
heavy hand upon the land, feel it's weight inside you
Camila_br
Profile Joined April 2004
Brazil529 Posts
November 05 2005 02:56 GMT
#15
omg I'm so want to see anytime vs july
"Do you really want chat rooms?"
Musli
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
Poland5130 Posts
November 05 2005 03:05 GMT
#16
nice guy =]
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall || mail/msn: muslii@gmail.com
iNsaNe-
Profile Joined January 2005
Finland5201 Posts
November 05 2005 03:36 GMT
#17
He sure looks sweaty.
It takes a fool to remain sane.
InFiNitY[pG]
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
Germany3474 Posts
November 05 2005 03:45 GMT
#18
How are you going to spend your prize money?
I’ll treat my team-mates to a big meal, and I’ll give the rest to my parents.


he really deserved to win this
"I just pressed stimpack, and somehow I won the battle" -Flash
superjoppe
Profile Joined December 2004
Sweden3694 Posts
November 05 2005 04:07 GMT
#19
fuck you anytime.

gj boxer you win next time..
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
November 05 2005 04:08 GMT
#20
On November 05 2005 12:45 InFiNitY[pG] wrote:
Show nested quote +
How are you going to spend your prize money?
I’ll treat my team-mates to a big meal, and I’ll give the rest to my parents.


he really deserved to win this


Hear, hear. I'm disappointed that BoxeR failed to get his third title but when a guy is going to do something like that with his prize, it's very well deserved. Nice going AnyTime.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 37m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 195
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2516
NotJumperer 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever798
NeuroSwarm147
Other Games
summit1g8349
Coldzera 777
Day[9].tv736
JimRising 606
C9.Mang0359
PiGStarcraft160
ArmadaUGS44
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick681
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream350
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 121
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv736
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 37m
Afreeca Starleague
7h 37m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
21h 37m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 8h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.