• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:40
CEST 21:40
KST 04:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7636 users

[Int] Jan Up and Downs Day 4 Winners

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Lixler
Profile Joined March 2010
United States265 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-23 08:35:22
December 23 2011 08:31 GMT
#1
+ Show Spoiler +
Genius
[image loading]
Source - http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=995231&category=13439

Q: You returned to Code S right away. How do you feel?
A: While I was on break for a season, all of my accumulated skills got sucked away. I believed that if I could just recover that level of skill I could advance. I've returned again to the most significant league, so I'm happy.

Q: You had nothing to do for a long time. What did you do during that period?
A: I went to one foreign competition and didn't get a good result. I kept practicing but my skills didn't improve, so I got frustrated. Because I had so much time for practice, I think it also got boring.

Q: Today you secured a Code S spot with four straight wins. How confident were you?
A: I was most worried about the PvP game against Squirtle, but because it was my last game I didn't think about it and also didn't practice for it. I came to the studio absolutely aiming to get 4 wins in a row. That was the key to today's 4 wins.

Q: How would you personally rate today's games?
A: I didn't really practice much, but it suddenly felt like I improved. It's not to the point of a realization, but since I kept playing games things I had previously not known about improved. Honestly, since I didn't practice much but my skills improved, I'm amazed. I think the games went well because I enjoyed them while I played.

Q: At one point you told Protosses to do well, how do you think they are doing nowadays? [T/N sorry this is just what I think was meant]
A: I saw the Up and Down matches on Monday and Tuesday and thought that Protoss wouldn't do well. But then I practiced and my winrate was alright. But I'm still not satisfied. Terran is still number one.

Q: Your use of High Templars today was good.
A: You can do that kind of play against greedy Terrans. But it's somewhat harder against Terrans who get ghosts quickly. You can't do anything.

Q: You did a proxy nexus ceremony against Boxer, and then he followed suit making command centers.
A: Honestly, before I did it, I thought “Is this alright?” I'm thankful that he returned the gesture like that. As expected, it seems like his nature is different. [T/N sorry he's just saying that Boxer's a good person for not taking it hard]

Q: You've returned to Code S again. What result do you predict?
A: I think that if I practice a little more and work on my flaws, I can rise to a really high place. Since yesterday, my games are suddenly going well. Until now I've practiced only as much as I felt like, but now I am able to enjoy playing. I don't practice a lot, but since when I do practice I enjoy it, the efficiency has improved. I am looking forward to next season.

Q: Anything else you want to say?
A: I thank Sculp, Nada, and Keen for their help in practice. There are more people who helped, but I can't remember their names. I'm really sorry. The last thing I want to say is “MVPDream is a bad guy” (laughs). Dream helped me practice, but it was useless practice.


+ Show Spoiler +
Boxer
[image loading]
Source - http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=995460&category=13439

Boxer and Taeja's joint interview.

Taeja> Since it was a situation where if I lost, Boxer would get knocked out, I wanted nothing but to win. Because I did my best, I thought it would be alright even though I failed to advance. I congratulate Boxer on returning to Code S, and I hope that he will rise to a high position in my stead.

Boxer> I'm sorry to Taeja. Even though when I beat Cezanne it confirmed that he would not advance, in the last game he tried really hard for my sake and won. Thanks to that, it seems like I will have a good end to the year. Now I really like Taeja. Before that I wasn't sure (laughs), but I am thankful that he did he best for a teammate today. I think in the future I will need to give him a lot of benefits.

Taeja> I think I will advance to Code S quickly from Code A. I won't go through the Up and Downs and will advance directly. I thank my parents and brother for supporting me. I wasn't able to get Code S, but I will work hard so that I can advance next time.

[now Boxer's interview]

Q: Thoughts on returning to Code S after 6 seasons?
A: I got three wins and thought, and because I lost to asd I couldn't advance from my own efforts. At that moment I knew I had knocked Taeja out. I was really sorry and thought that fate was making a sad joke. But honestly, I couldn't hide my feelings.

Honestly, my will to advance was a little lacking and I was having trouble with some personal things so I wasn't able to focus, and I was really stressed. I played the games thinking not to just show games like ladder so as to not be cruel to fans. But strangely, more than Code A rounds 1 and 2, I was more relaxed, and my judgment of situations was better. More than before, I was able to show better ability. I advanced to Code S while thinking like that, so I'm sorry to other players and fans.

Q: Due to what sorts of things were you not able to focus?
A: There were some things with sponsors, and I was busy because of plans to move the teamhouse. Because I went to the finals with MMA and my parents had an operation, I was not able to focus well. It was a situation where I could only play carefree like with ladder games. Despite that I did better in games than before, but due to my feelings I feel sorry.

Q: You lost to Marineking in the Code A third round and lost the chance to advance that way.
A: I have a lot of memories of not doing well on Dual Sight. I was also made sad on the day of my game with Marineking on Dual Sight. Up until that, I had been researching Dual Sight a lot with coach Ryu Won. Clide had been possessed by Marineking [T/N played a lot like him I guess] so he practiced a lot with me, but in the end I got overthrown, so I was sorry to a lot of people. I had planned to get battlecruisers if it went to three expansions, and if things went like that I think I couldn't have lost.

But then when it actually came to pass, things went as they did and my plan didn't go well. Honestly, after I lost in that way, my mental state collapsed. So after that, I tried to put some more bold factors into my games. Marineking did well in battles and attacked well so I played passively, but that ended up becoming a bad decision.

Q: Wasn't that period of time not in Code S difficult?
A: When I go and return from foreign tournaments, difficulty arises from stamina. But more than that, my feelings cause difficulty. I thought of the past and felt regretful. For 9 months my heart was troubled. My face also aged a lot, and because of stress I binged and gained a lot of weight. But after we move to a new location, I will work hard on managing my stamina and prepare for next year.

Q: What did you think when you watched Code S in that time? Especially with regard to MMA's activity.
A: While MMA did well, things felt really worthwhile. During the Blizzard Cup, our team received the most popular team award and MMA won. When I looked at MMA, I thought that I did well making the team. It was worthwhile. I hoped that a player would be able to soon enjoy as much public interest as me, and if MMA becomes that player, I think I will be glad. Won't e-sports do well when many players become famous?

Q: How do you think you will feel standing on the next Code S stage?
A: I think I barely reach the level of skill worthy of Code S. Because of those thoughts, it seems like I will have to work harder than other players. During today's games, my hands didn't shake much. Like always, feeling the rush of victory is the best medicine. If I win, my body and heart get stronger and my ability improves. Because I was somewhat afraid of Code S, I think my performance next season will match with my practice.

Q: Don't you have to set up a goal for next season?
A: More than making a goal for a rank, first I want to improve my ability to match with Code S. If I can cultivate my skills, I wonder whether I won't naturally be able to become a regular (laughs). Because my dormant goal is to eventually win, I think it's okay even if I don't say definitely.

Q: It seems like there are a lot of people you are thankful to.
A: Gayeon has worked hard and suffered for Slayers for 1 year. The very first thing I want to say is that she has done a good job. Also, Slayers players have worked really hard for a year, but I hope next year they can enjoy more glory than this year. I thank Coach Cella, Coach Ryu Won, and staff Jung Hee-Chul who worked hard with me. Finally, I want to thank all the supporting fans and all fans of Slayers. I want to say have a Merry Christmas and please look forward to us next year. I thank Intel, Razer, EXR, Donga-Otsuka, and HosanENG representative Jung Byung-Il for sponsoring us this year and want to say have a good end of the year.
HolyArrow
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7116 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-23 08:36:20
December 23 2011 08:32 GMT
#2
Thanks!

The Boxer/Taeja joint interview put a huge smile on my face
KadaverBB
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany25658 Posts
December 23 2011 08:33 GMT
#3
Excellent, i was waiting to hear from those guys
AdministratorLaws change depending on who's making them, but justice is justice
Adebisi
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada1637 Posts
December 23 2011 08:35 GMT
#4
Thanks, good interviews, by far the most interesting and entertaining day of Code A imo!
KadaverBB
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany25658 Posts
December 23 2011 08:36 GMT
#5
Boxer is just such a nice guy, apologising for winning while not caring enough.
AdministratorLaws change depending on who's making them, but justice is justice
catleaves
Profile Joined December 2010
United States506 Posts
December 23 2011 08:42 GMT
#6
thank you for the translations! :D
^^
PrinceXizor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States17713 Posts
December 23 2011 08:44 GMT
#7
Slayers players are so likable. awesome work to all translators errrverrrwhere
Itsmedudeman
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States19229 Posts
December 23 2011 08:46 GMT
#8
LOL except for MVPdream, he was useless
Hazuc
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada471 Posts
December 23 2011 08:47 GMT
#9
Now that Boxer is back to Code S, I don't care about Christmas anymore! :')
blackbrrd
Profile Joined September 2010
Norway477 Posts
December 23 2011 08:49 GMT
#10
Genius made me a happy Protoss fan!

He played very solid and even managed to come back from the game on Daybreak when he got a bit behind from the Marauder pressure. The casters didn't really say it, but the DT pressure got him to 55 harvesters vs 40. It's one of the few times I have seen it done well.

I think Genius has improved a lot and is one of the few, very solid Protoss players left, he makes Protoss look IMBA. :D
StyLeD
Profile Joined January 2011
United States2965 Posts
December 23 2011 08:50 GMT
#11
Q: How do you think you will feel standing on the next Code S stage?
A: I think I barely reach the level of skill worthy of Code S. Because of those thoughts, it seems like I will have to work harder than other players. During today's games, my hands didn't shake much. Like always, feeling the rush of victory is the best medicine. If I win, my body and heart get stronger and my ability improves. Because I was somewhat afraid of Code S, I think my performance next season will match with my practice.


Quote!
"Even gophers love Starcraft" - Tasteless. || Davichi | IU <3
shadymmj
Profile Joined June 2010
1906 Posts
December 23 2011 09:01 GMT
#12
of course boxer must have the longest interview. digging his hairstyle too.
There is no such thing is "e-sports". There is Brood War, and then there is crap for nerds.
Jetaap
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France4814 Posts
December 23 2011 09:08 GMT
#13
On December 23 2011 17:32 HolyArrow wrote:
Thanks!

The Boxer/Taeja joint interview put a huge smile on my face


On the contrary it makes me sad, eventhough slayer is one of the most sucessfull team in Korea it looks like Boxer is really disapointed by the popularity of sc2 in Korea at the moment... He really looks stressed out. I hope he will find good sponsors for next year, they deserve it.

Sarang
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia2363 Posts
December 23 2011 09:11 GMT
#14
Really good translations, thank you very much!

If it's not too much to ask, would you be able to translate Day 3 at some point? I'm really interested in reading those ones. =)

Thank you!
"Killer helped me feel better before coming to the arena. He told me to say that." - Bomber
ReketSomething
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States6012 Posts
December 23 2011 09:11 GMT
#15
Boxer and nada...hmmm
Jaedong :3
bbm
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom1320 Posts
December 23 2011 09:15 GMT
#16
On December 23 2011 17:31 Lixler wrote:
The last thing I want to say is “MVPDream is a bad guy” (laughs). Dream helped me practice, but it was useless practice.


genius, total boss
By.Sun or By.Rain, he always delivers
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-23 09:25:16
December 23 2011 09:21 GMT
#17
Wow thanks for interview

weird boxer interview... though i'm glad we got one. We haven't heard from him in a while xD

Anyways, so what is he saying the reason why he was doing so bad was because he wasn't at his top ability? And that even though he did well in the up/down he wasn't fully concentrated nor in the mood neither? So what, he's even better than that? If so, then cool xD

About boxer being sad about SC2 not being too big in korea. I didn't think about that, but perhaps it is true. I was going to say it is a real shame, but at least he travels to foreign competitions like MLG, where there are a lot of fans who cheer really loud. And like he says winning is the best medicine (especially with cheering crowds right? xD).
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
GenesisX
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada4267 Posts
December 23 2011 09:35 GMT
#18
Boxer is such a boss, so much respect for him.
Thank you for translating!
133 221 333 123 111
Seiferz
Profile Joined May 2011
United States640 Posts
December 23 2011 09:59 GMT
#19
you get to appreciate boxer more and more after every interview lol

we got boxer and nada back, now we need july.
tallyhohugo
Profile Joined August 2010
98 Posts
December 23 2011 10:03 GMT
#20
BOXERRR I LOVE YOU BOXERRRRRRR
MVP MC Sen DRG Nestea BoxeR NaDa HerO Stephano Sheth PEWPEWPEWPOWER
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM922
TaKeTV 299
TKL 291
IndyStarCraft 175
BRAT_OK 95
ZombieGrub81
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 922
TKL 308
IndyStarCraft 181
MaxPax 169
BRAT_OK 95
ZombieGrub81
JuggernautJason52
Nathanias 39
EmSc Tv 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 655
ggaemo 156
White-Ra 141
firebathero 76
Barracks 61
910 50
Shine 30
Trap 26
Killer 25
yabsab 7
Counter-Strike
Fnx 802
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0168
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby8876
crisheroes1772
Liquid`Hasu1556
Trikslyr69
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi4854
summit1g4438
singsing1382
Beastyqt827
shahzam414
B2W.Neo329
KnowMe136
ArmadaUGS132
UpATreeSC73
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream392
Other Games
BasetradeTV215
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 19
EmSc2Tv 19
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 189
• Reevou 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki16
• FirePhoenix14
• blackmanpl 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade739
Other Games
• imaqtpie352
• Shiphtur313
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 20m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 20m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 15h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.