• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:26
CEST 21:26
KST 04:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8460 users

[Interview] Effort on receiving week1 MVP

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
rotinegg
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States1719 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-06 15:06:38
December 06 2011 15:01 GMT
#1
CJ's (Z)EffOrt "Seriously? I won the MVP?"

[image loading]

"I was already happy going on a 2-win-streak, and this is just the cherry on top. Seriously though, did I really win the weekly MVP?"

We could hear the excitement in his voice over the phone. He still seemed to be trying to wrap his head around the fact that he played his first broadcasted match in a year and a half, and seemed genuinely perplexed that he won the MVP. In his questioning whether he really won the award, there was a sense of genuine happiness but at the same time he seemed dissatisfied by how the games actually panned out.

"Of course I'm happy, but I just can't believe it. I was not happy with how I played in those games. It's pretty obvious that neither game was a clean victory. My games with (Z)hyvaa and (T)Iris were pretty much the worst. Why did I win the MVP again (laughs)?"

Effort said he was excited to hear his name in the lineup [before CJ's first match]. He was giddy with the thought of meetings his fans for the first time in a long while, but also pressure to perform. He had trouble sleeping due to the pressure. His heart grew heavy knowing that his fans' expectations were high; he knew he had to win, and that it had to be a crushing victory at that.

To add to his misery, Effort had to play a ZvZ when he prepared for ZvP. Effort had only prepared to play against a Protoss because the map 'Outlier' was universally deemed to favor Protoss. However, STX Soul must have thought the same thing, because they sent out Hyvaa to snipe whichever Protoss that CJ would send out. Effort was now confronted with a ZvZ all of the sudden.

"I just sat there in the booth and felt the pressure wash over me. I really didn't know what to do (laughs). I would have felt less nervous if my opponent had kept his cool, but he seemed even more nervous, and our combined nervousness just overwhelmed me as my mind went blank. For some odd reason I have a habit of becoming more nervous if the opponent is nervous. I don't even remember how I played that game (laughs)."

Effort said that his muta micro was terrible in his match against hyvaa on the 26th and cringed. He said that, "It's hard to adjust to the new LCD monitors". He said he genuinely felt that his muta micro was not MVP-worthy and contemplated turning down the award.

[image loading]

"You know and I know that the muta micro was less than stellar (laughs). My guess is they just gave me the award because I won both games upon returning (laughs). If they had just looked at the games themselves I wouldn't have even come close to winning the MVP award (laughs)."

Effort said his first zergling battle in a long time gave him a jolt of excitement. He said that he was reminded of why he loves ZvZ when the lings started hitting each other: the rush that he gets from such battles is what distinguishes the match-up for him. He often lost in ZvZ's upon his debut, but now he says there is a sense of thrill that he can't get from the other match-ups, showing his confidence in ZvZ.

"My number one priority is to adjust to these new LCD monitors (laughs). That way I can show my muta micro off to my fans like I did during my prime. Next week, if I were to win the MVP again, I hope to have a game that I can point to and say 'Yeah that's pretty much why I got this award.' In order to do that, I should practice harder, right?"

Although Effort was quite timid during the interview, he said to expect great things from CJ's next match against Samsung KHAN at WCG. He said because the team went 3:0 twice in a row, the atmosphere is at an all-time high, and he thinks he will be able to perform well against such a Protoss-heavy team.

"I want to win the weekly MVP a couple more times so I can become the MVP of round 1 (laughs). I want my return to be perceived as a great success. I will try my best to make it that way, so please look out for me."

Source: Daily E-sports
Translator
MuK_x
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
743 Posts
December 06 2011 15:02 GMT
#2
yes effort yes!

you should win more matches for my FPL~~
IdrA "TT1 actually fucked up and didn't see the hatchery,so im at a really big advantage right now,assuming he reacts intelligently which is not something you should assume with TT1"
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
December 06 2011 15:19 GMT
#3
woo effort~
POGGERS
7mk
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Germany10157 Posts
December 06 2011 15:42 GMT
#4
yeaaa ♥
beep boop
DyEnasTy
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States3720 Posts
December 06 2011 15:45 GMT
#5
EffOrt is so awesome!
Much better to die an awesome Terran than to live as a magic wielding fairy or a mindless sac of biological goop. -Manifesto7
Boundz(DarKo)
Profile Joined March 2009
5311 Posts
December 06 2011 15:49 GMT
#6
The game vs Iris made him deserve this alone.
trexbqs
Profile Joined January 2011
Malaysia1731 Posts
December 06 2011 15:56 GMT
#7
Congrats effort

Thanks for translating. I'm really appreciate it.
Learn,live and love it.
TORTOISE
Profile Joined December 2010
United States515 Posts
December 06 2011 16:01 GMT
#8
I don't care what the haters say, the CJ jacket rules!
◕ ‿‿ ◕ ๑•́ ₃ •̀๑ ( ͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡°)
BloodDrunK
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Bangladesh2767 Posts
December 06 2011 16:03 GMT
#9
Looking forward to see him winning the MVP award plenty more times.

TY for the translation.
You have the power to create your own destiny.
Lachrymose
Profile Joined February 2008
Australia1928 Posts
December 06 2011 16:04 GMT
#10
On December 07 2011 01:01 TORTOISE wrote:
I don't care what the haters say, the CJ jacket rules!


Yeah. I'm still not convinced it's very CJ, but it definitely looks great.
~
soujiro_
Profile Joined June 2010
Uruguay5195 Posts
December 06 2011 16:22 GMT
#11
effort wants crts back, hope kespa listens -.-

thanks for the translation ^^
ace hwaiting!!
HwangjaeTerran
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Finland5967 Posts
December 06 2011 16:26 GMT
#12
Most Virulent Perm
https://steamcommunity.com/id/*tlusernamehere*/
L3gendary
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada1470 Posts
December 06 2011 16:26 GMT
#13
Why are they using lcd monitors ffs.
Watching Jaedong play purifies my eyes. -Coach Ju Hoon
slappy
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1271 Posts
December 06 2011 16:29 GMT
#14
thanks for translating
Effort is so humble ^^
jaedong imba
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42417 Posts
December 06 2011 16:34 GMT
#15
Effort whaiting! Thanks for the article.
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
December 06 2011 16:49 GMT
#16
the yellow uniforms have turned them from bland killing machines (-.-) into happy killing machines.
WriterXiao8~~
Nate.F
Profile Joined April 2011
918 Posts
December 06 2011 16:50 GMT
#17
gratz effort !!
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
December 06 2011 16:51 GMT
#18
So humble. Welcome back!
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
December 06 2011 16:52 GMT
#19
Fuck yah my FPL!
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
phyren
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States1067 Posts
December 06 2011 17:15 GMT
#20
I'm glad effort said it. His games really were kinda sloppy and not nearly as dominant as they seemed before his temporary retirement. Of course, I completely understand how his storyline is worthy of winning him the MVP designation and hope he does amazing in the future. I'm just really happy to see that he agrees about the relatively poor performance in game and does seem to think he will improve.
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
01:00
Patch Clash Monthly #2
RotterdaM1083
TKL 349
EnkiAlexander 40
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1083
mouzHeroMarine 365
TKL 349
IndyStarCraft 178
BRAT_OK 30
MindelVK 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16381
Calm 2400
Horang2 350
Mini 164
Rush 103
EffOrt 88
Zeus 46
Trap 21
scan(afreeca) 17
Bale 15
Dota 2
febbydoto8
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
fl0m5018
pashabiceps2130
Fnx 1522
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King48
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3571
Liquid`Hasu557
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1743
Beastyqt796
B2W.Neo503
C9.Mang0330
crisheroes201
QueenE108
Trikslyr104
Dewaltoss84
UpATreeSC53
JuggernautJason24
ZombieGrub19
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream25
Other Games
Algost 6
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 25
• Michael_bg 9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade849
Other Games
• imaqtpie850
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
14h 34m
INu's Battles
15h 34m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
17h 34m
OSC
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 3h
OSC
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.